A Simple Man In Love (BOOK II)

By B_Zahin27

BOOK 2 OF THE POSSESSIVE SERIES One intense look, one sweet smile and one name that rolled of her tongue like... More

A Simple Man In Love
Chapter 1- When I first Saw You
Chapter 2- To Make Someone Yours
Chapter 3- In the eyes of God
Chapter 4- A Thrilling Romance
Chapter 5- From Love to Obsession
Chapter 6- Parties of the Rich
Chapter 7- Surfaced Secrets
Chapter 8- Unspoken Rules
Chapter 9- Blurring Lines
Chapter 10- Mischievous Little Minx
Chapter 11- To Obey & Serve
Chapter 13- Concerning Situations
Chapter 14- To Welcome A Little One
Chapter 15- Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 16- Fragile Hearts
Chapter 17- Death is just the Beginning
Chapter 18- Promises to Keep
Chapter 19- Worlds Apart
Chapter 20- A Simple Man
Chapter 21- Don't Leave Me
Chapter 22- A Childish Man
Chapter 23- Finding You
Chapter 24- Suffering Souls
Chapter 25- The Mind of A Psychopath
Chapter 26- To Live & To Die
Chapter 27- Familiar Green Eyes
Chapter 28- Reminiscent Memories
Chapter 29- It Ends With Us
Chapter 30- It Wasn't Always You
Chapter 31- A Fallen Angel
Chapter 32- Familiar Stories & Dormant Memories
Chapter 33- Forbidden Wishes
Chapter 34- Our First Chance
Chapter 35- Eyes Wide Open
Chapter 36- Hidden Fears
Chapter 37- To Be Someone's Someone
Chapter 38- The Beginning of the End
Chapter 39- The End of the Beginning
Chapter 40- A Complicated Man
Chapter 41- How I Met You
Chapter 42- The Start of Something New
Chapter 43- The 21st Century.
Chapter 44- Warmth & Peace
Chapter 45- Heart of A Saint
EPILOGUE
Bonus Chapter
Q & A

Chapter 12- A Jealous Wife

5.5K 191 17
By B_Zahin27

***

"Must you always be so stunning? The audience will be looking at you more than the play itself," She blushed at my words, nervously laughing as she got on her tiptoes to kiss me and, as always, I cherished the moment.

"You look quite dashing yourself," She patted my chest before linking her arm around mine and we made ourselves to the waiting carriage. She was dressed in a beautiful golden gown with long white gloves, her hair tied up into a bun with strands framing her face and diamond earrings with a matching choker that I had bought her a few days ago.

It didn't take long to get to the theatre but once we did, one of the workers were out waiting for us. He dipped down into a neat bow, a respectful smile on his face.

"Mr and Mrs Callisto,"

"Hello," Aria smiled at him while I couldn't be bothered to do much more than a nod.

We were led to the best seats in the theatre, in our own personal booth and once we entered, people from other booths began to notice us. Some of them standing up and bowing or curtseying from the opposite end of the room while others whispered about in excitement.

Aria, however, was too entranced by the stage and all the lower-class people on the bottom level, right in front of the stage where big heads would most likely be covering a lot of their view.

She looked through the gold opera glasses, holding my hand with a large smile on her face and when the red curtains were being pulled open, she clapped her hands, excited giggles escaping her. I had learnt that she had never been to a theatre before and knew that I had to do something about it and I am so glad that I did.

"Do you know the story of Romeo and Juliet?" I leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Everyone knows the story of Romeo and Juliet," She replied as if I were mad and I laughed, having said that to be able to see this very facial expression on her and I was satisfied by the outcome, leaning down to kiss her temple.

As I had expected, a few giggles and gasps were heard from other booths by people I knew were watching us more than the play itself.

"Oh, wasn't it just wonderful? We must visit the theatre more often," She said as we left the booth after having sat down for what felt like hours on end, I honestly did not understand why people liked this stuff, the characters ended up killing themselves.

"If that will make you happy," I smiled down at her happy self.

"Wasn't Juliet just so beautiful?" She fawned over the actress but I didn't agree. How could I? When someone as beautiful as Aria herself was my wife.

"Nothing compared to you," She blushed at my words.

"Well, it is sad to know that she met her end in such a tragic way," She sighed, thinking back to the ending of the story which I remember being half-asleep in but it was a play that I had watched before, I was right to think that she would enjoy it.

"She would not have had to if her husband was less foolish," I honestly stated my opinion.

"Foolish?" She echoed my words.

"Yes, foolish. The plan was not well thought out, especially this one since it included life and death. They were both young, immature and therefore lacked experience, leading to them having to meet their demise earlier than necessary,"

There was a long moment of silence from her as we walked down the corridor and I turned my head to look down and see that she was already pouting up at me. "Well, I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions," She sighed.

"Darling, if something is to ever happen to me... You must not hurt yourself in the same way that Juliet hurt herself," I changed the topic but was completely honest with my words.

"Why not?" She asked, looking up at me with eyes that told me she wouldn't hesitate to hurt herself if something, god forbid, is really ever to happen to me.

"Because whether heaven is real or not, know that I will be waiting for you," A small smile climbed onto her face and she nodded. 

"The same could be said about me,"

"The same doesn't need to be said about you," I poked her nose.

"Why not?" She raised a questioning brow.

"Because unlike Romeo who couldn't protect his wife, the same can't be said about me," She laughed along with me, tightening her linked hand around mine.

"Shall we go home?" I calmly asked and she nodded her head as I lead us outside after helping her with her coat. I had never liked going home after work since it was devoid of anything but things were so much more different now, she was always there for me.

"Ambrose? Ambrose is that you? Oh my goodness, it is!" That voice... Dammit all to damnation, the timing could not have been any worse.

I turned around just in time to see none other than Leilani Richardson rushing towards me with a bright smile on her average-looking face as if we were long lost lovers when in fact, I liked to believe that we were the complete opposite of that since I hated her. Unfortunately, the same could not be said about her.

I was forced to grow up with her since our parents were close but after their death, I moved to my main estate where I now live with my wife and didn't bother in keeping contact with them. Up to this day, I only see them at large functions but don't do much more than a nod.

They weren't present at Aria and my wedding but they must have been living under a rock if they hadn't heard the news since the story was all over newspapers and such.

Before she could jump me, I stepped back, the fakest smile on my face as I pulled Aria forward into her line of vision.

"Miss Richardson. What an unpleasant surprise to see you here," She laughed at my words, waving me off as if I had been joking.

"Oh, please, Ambrose. What happened to Layla?" She laughed and I felt my brows twitch. The only time that I called her that was in her dreams, not once in reality.

"I haven't seen you for so long. Did you miss me?" She attempted to throw herself at me once more but I easily dodged and she awkwardly laughed, an embarrassed blush on her face.

"Not at all. You were the last thing on my mind, especially since my wedding," And then, she froze, standing up straight and finally noticing my wife's presence.

"Right. I had heard rumours about your wedding but I thought them to be false because if I am not good enough for you then there should be no one else... but I guess I was proven wrong? Who are you, may I ask? I have never seen nor heard of you before,"

"The same could be said about me towards you... I am Arianna Callisto, Rose's wife," I smirked at my wife, satisfied by her jealousy. She was honestly too adorable sometimes, now being one of those times.

"W-Well..." Leilani turned to look at me.

"You heard my wife. Aria is the only one for me," I nodded.

"Well, it was lovely to meet you. If I have the time then I will be sure to visit your estate sometime," She curtsied a small curtsy before rushing off with a bright red face and I stared after her, annoyed at the realisation that there was more annoying nonsense to come from her.

"So... Layla, was it?" I turned back to see a glaring wife.

"Don't be jealous, darling. She was putting words in my mouth," I smiled, placing a hand on her chin and running my thumb over her bottom lip.

When the frown didn't leave her face, I leaned down and stole a kiss right there in front of everyone as if telling them all that she was the only one for me, my woman. And Aria herself seemed to have noticed too. She pushed my chest, hiding her lips from me with her hands and a glare on her face.

A laugh broke out of my throat and I held her hand, leading us the rest of the way out of the theatre and to our waiting carriage.

"Let's go home. There, I will show you that you are the only woman for me," I smirked.

"No, I believe you. You don't need to go that far," She quickly cut back.

"Oh, but I insist," And she knew that when I had my mind set on something, there was no changing it and now was one of those many times and I couldn't wait.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549K 11.8K 42
He was ruthless, He was powerfull, He was heartless, He was the devil, He was the king, He was engaged!! Sebastian Knight, the 26 year old billionare...
825K 63.2K 36
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
9K 906 78
She's not the chosen one, she is the cursed one. His curse and his redemption. ********** "No, we can't" my breath hitch...
805K 31.4K 87
Enrique montario was 22, rich, arrogant and got into the most prestigious University for bachelors in New York. He was a topper and had three close f...