Possessed - Bucky Barnes x OC

By dyspneagrime

Dark!James 'Bucky' Barnes/OC AU ~~~ Margaret Everlee is a terribly timid little thing. Living her life as a s... More

Introduction
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Epilogue

Part 70

229K 3.3K 24.6K
By dyspneagrime

A/N: It's almost over, babes!

Long chapter here to thank you all for being patient with me. Grab a snack and settle in.

~

"I'm gonna punch James in the fucking nose when I see him." Natasha said through gritted teeth.

Scooping up yet another glob of concealer and dabbing it over the red dotted, plum colored hickeys on Maggie's throat. "I can't believe you little sluts had a secret rendezvous the night before the wedding."

Maggie laughed, shrugging. "Sorry." Not sorry at all.

"I guess I'm not that surprised. I could practically hear the dirty thoughts between you two at dinner last night." She sighed, blending the product over her bruised skin. "Are these bite marks too, Mags? Jesus fucking christ."

Wanda snorted out a laugh. "Kinky, hm?"

"You have no idea." Maggie teased.

"Wands, will you start on her hair, please?" Natasha asked while she powdered over the concealer, trying to get back to business.

The two of them continued to work on Maggie together, getting themselves ready between switching off duties. They had been nestled in Luisa's master suite for hours, getting all dolled up for the day.

Meanwhile on the grounds, there was a small crew of people helping set up the ceremony, caterers preparing for the reception, and the men all gathered in the main home getting ready for the afternoon.

With all of the ladies' hair and makeup done, they took a brief moment to relax in their robes and sip on champagne.

A soft knock on the door was followed by a click of it being pressed open by Rose, with Luisa following behind. "Maggie?"

She sat up in her seat glancing over to find her holding a small box in her hands.

"One of James' assistants just arrived and said to give this to you." She frowned in confusion, extending it out to her.

Maggie beamed at the black velvet box and popped it open. "You're the best, Alex." She whispered to herself, making a mental note to thank him later as she looked the gift over.

"What is it, Mags?"

"A gift for James." She stated simply. "Luisa, would you mind taking this over to him? I think he'll want to wear it for the ceremony."

"Of course."

~

James was buttoning up his shirt as he stepped out of his closet, into the bedroom. Golden sun bursting in through the windows that overlooked the lawn. Steve was sitting on the edge of the bed, talking to Sam and Thor as they sat on the chairs opposite the fireplace.

Ice blue eyes glancing down at his glinting Rolex. Being as prompt as he was, he was pleased to find that they had a bit of time to spare. He rounded the space doing up the last few buttons to his collar as he found the small bar cart. Pouring a glass of scotch for himself, he quickly sunk it down.

As eager as he was to marry Maggie, he couldn't help the bit of nerves that rang through him. It was a big deal to tie himself to one person forever. He was fiercely loyal to everyone he found worthy, but getting to that point was hard for him.

Deep down, he knew he would have to work incredibly hard to be perfect for her. He needed to be. She deserved nothing, but happiness and he would work everyday to ensure she felt it.

"You good, pal?" The warm voice came from across the room, making James realize he had been wearing a tightly pulled frown while he ran over his thoughts.

He turned to find Steve walking towards him giving him a knowing look. "Yes, I'm fine."

Steve nodded thoughtfully as he poured himself a glass, before taking a slow sip. "I'm sure you're nervous for everything, but today will be great."

"I'm not nervous about today."

His eyes flicked back up from his drink, eyeing James for a moment. "For the future then." He observed.

Giving him a barely visible nod, James filled his glass once more.

"You and Maggie are perfect together. You know that. You balance each other out so well, I don't think I've ever seen you fight, it'll be great."

"But you know how I can be." He clipped with self-directed fury. "I'm scared I'll snap one day and do something that would ruin our relationship."

"You'd never hurt her, Bucky. I know you don't have that in you."

He shook his head. "Not her. Never. But I don't know if I have it in me to hold back when it comes to other people."

"Handling problems with your fists is certainly your go-to," Steve chuckled.

"I'm serious, Steve. I'm worried I'll scare her away."

He tilted his head with an understanding smile. "I'm being serious too. That girl has seen you in all your forms. She knows everything about you and still chooses to love you. I know you can be impulsive, but you've already become so much more than you were."

"I can be such a monster though."

Steve scoffed, patting a hand on his shoulder. "Bucky that's not you anymore... you're kind of a softy now."

His eyes widened, as he stared blankly at the floor, realizing how true that statement was. When he thought over where he was and what he was doing— it was more terrifying than anything else he had ever seen in all his years.

Getting dressed up in a tux to marry a woman, bringing her to his most personal location in the world, allowing her to bring her friends and family there as well, getting emotional over the thought of how much he loved her. "What have I become?" he laughed, looking back up at Steve.

"A softy." He reiterated with a jesting smile.

"Fuck," James whispered to himself, "should I go kill someone to toughen myself up?"

Steve laughed, rolling his eyes. "Maybe not a complete softy."

The bedroom door was abruptly pushed open as Luisa stepped inside, covering her eyes. "Are you all decent?"

"We're all clothed, Ma," James smiled.

She pulled her hand away, grinning right back to him. "You look so handsome." She cooed, rushing up to stroke his freshly shaved cheek. "All of you do," she added, looking around the room of men.

James' attention was caught on the small velvet box in her hand as she smiled at the group. "Whatcha got there?" He nodded down to it.

"Oh, it's a gift from Maggie," she replied, handing it over to him, "she asked me to bring it over to you."

He frowned, taking it in his palm. Looking up at Luisa with a confused look, earning himself a shrug in return. He pinched his brows as he lifted the lid. Expression fading into an astounded gape as he looked at what was sitting folded in the base of the small box.

"What is it?" Thor asked from across the room, curiosity peaked by the silence coming from James.

He pulled the fabric out and set the box down on the bar cart beside him. Unfolding it, he realized what it was. Pastel hued fabric, covered in fluttering butterflies. An indomitable smile grew on his face, flashing his teeth as his mind slowly caught up to his reaction. "It's a pocket square."

"Butterflies?" Steve asked, tilting his head.

"It's made from the fabric of the dress she wore one of the first times we met." He said in a bemused tone, eyes still scanning over the accessory. He could feel emotion welling in his chest the more he stared at it, so he hurriedly looked up at Luisa. "Thank you for bringing this over."

"She said you might want to wear it for the ceremony."

"I— I do. I do want to wear it." James nodded, still feeling broken up over the sentimental present.

"Well, you better finish up getting dressed because you need to be at the altar in ten minutes." She reminded him, walking back to the door of the bedroom.

~

Natasha held the huge pool of billowed fabric open around Maggie's feet, while Wanda kept her upright with a helping hand as she stepped inside. Each of her friends lifting it up around her and slipping her arms into the caped sleeves.

Wanda stepped around to lace up the back of the gown, looping the delicate hooks together. Encasing Maggie in the thousands of dollars of white.

After helping her put on her jewelry and applying a few touchups to her makeup, she was ready.

Natasha outright sobbed at the vision before her, not that she was one to cry, but she couldn't help herself. Seeing her best friend in a wedding dress broke her cool exterior she usually wore. "You have to look in the mirror, Mags," she said with a sniffle.

Maggie giggled, turning to walk into the bathroom of the suite. When she stopped just shy of the mirror, she froze. Happy expression completely falling from her face. She looked like a princess—or a queen.

Every part of her petite figure kitted out in opulence. From her makeup to her jewelry to her gown. She had never felt so gorgeous in all her life.

Her friends walked in behind her, beaming back at her through the mirror. Wanda hunched down, wrapping her arms around her waist. "You look stunning, Maggie."

Maggie sniffled, giving them both an emotional smile. "Thanks to you two." She quickly spun back around, eyes flicking between them. "I want to thank you for always being there for me, especially in this last year. I— I understand it's been a big year for all of us, but I think we're all incredibly thankful for the changes it's brought to us."

"That we are." Natasha nodded.

"Maggie?" Rose called from the bedroom, in a sing-song voice, triggering the three of them to step back out.

When she saw her granddaughter all ready, she fell to pieces. Scurrying over to throw her into a hug as tears streamed down her face. Always so emotional, in every sense of the word. Rose wore her heart on her sleeve and never shied away from expressing exactly how she felt.

Maggie laughed, blinking away her own tears as she ran a hand over her grandma's back. Practically having to console her. "Mimi, we have to go down soon."

She ripped back, wiping the corners of her eyes. "Right, right. I just wanted to give you something before we do." She muttered, turning to grab a box sitting on the dresser of the bedroom then walking it back over to Maggie.

Maggie took it in her hands, eyeing it for a moment before popping the lid open. Tucked into a bed of fabric was a pair of shoes. Sky blue heels, with an ankle strap and then another for the toes. Over the latter, sat a row of delicate butterflies. Her brows pinched as she looked back up at Rose in confusion.

"Your mother's." She clarified. "I've been planning on giving them to you on your wedding day since the moment she passed, I'm pretty sure that was her intention as well."

Maggie felt moisture burning behind her eyes, shaking her head. "W—why do you think that?"

Rose reached down into the box, picking a small piece of folded parchment from beside the fabric. She flicked it open and showed it to Maggie. In neatly swirled calligraphy, sat the words: "For Maggie— something old, blue, borrowed."

She instantly grabbed the note from her grandma, scanning over it. Her mother always left notes lying around the house much like that one. Always trying to aid her forgetful nature, as her mind was constantly swirling.

"Mimi, oh my god. These are perfect." She gushed. Mind caught on the fact that of all the things in the world, there were butterflies on the shoes. To match James' pocket square and her jewelry.

Rose laughed, sniffling. "I know, it's sorta odd how things like that happen. Call it fate or what have you, but more than anything, I think it's your mother looking down on you." She rubbed the side of Maggie's cheek, looking into her eyes. "She would be so proud of you, Maggie. You've completely exceeded both of our wildest dreams for you."

"I wish she could be here to see this." Maggie said with a broken voice.

"She is here. She's always here." Rose smiled sadly, pressing a hand over Maggie's heart. "She's you."

Maggie nodded, absorbing her words. Resting her hand overtop her grandma's. Feeling her heart beating through it.

"We should go." Rose said decidedly, peeking at the clock on the other side of the room.

~

James stood at the head of the aisle, talking to the officiant standing beside him.

The sun was low in the sky, leaving golden beams to coast over everything in the valley of mountains. Light danced across the twinkling lake, covering the teal water in sparkles.

The ceremony was positioned right on the balcony of the garden, overlooking the breathtaking view of the lake. There were a couple small rows of chairs sitting on each side of the aisle. Sam and Luisa were seated in the front row on James' side, while Ivan, Wanda, and Vision were seated on Maggie's.

James was fiddling with his Cartier cuff links as he waited. The air was filled with anticipatory weight. Just as he felt he would burst, the soft music started in.

His attention immediately turned to find Natasha and Steve standing at the start of the aisle, dressed to the nines, beginning their slow march. Thor was trailing shortly behind, cradling little Scarlet in his arm, while his free hand flicked flower petals down to the ground.

Everyone let out laughs, watching how giddy the giant blonde was to be holding the goddamn flower girl. Wanda snapped a few pictures on her phone, while Vision was completely beside himself over the sight.

When they reached the top, the couple parted ways to stand on each side of the altar and Thor quickly turned back and handed the baby back to Wanda before finding his spot beside Sam and Luisa.

The music shifted and James was instantly brought back to the moment, his head whipped straight to find Maggie standing centered at the opposite end of the aisle with Rose hooked to her arm. He felt his eyes widen at the sight of her.

Her ivory dress rippled with the soft breeze rolling from the alps down through the valley of the mountains and lake. Her near black hair swayed in the breeze, a few stray pieces, flying across her soft features. She glowed back at him, giving him a smile that glowed with nothing, but love.

She looked downright ethereal with the afternoon sun illuminating her. The dress billowed around her with each step as she strode through the garden. Like the goddess of spring approaching her god of the underworld.

James couldn't register a thing around him. Not a single sound, feeling, or living soul could break his attention. Truly, it had always been that way for him. From the moment he had met her, his entire world had shifted. She was the center of his universe and everything revolved around her.

When Maggie reached the head, she exchanged a brief moment with Rose. After she pressed a kiss to her granddaughter's cheek, she grabbed hold of James' hand and guided it to Maggie's.

He brought her to stand just before him as the officiant started in on his spiel.

Maggie's eyes raked over James' chest, finding the pocket square she had gifted him nestled in its spot. Tucked into the pocket of his jacket. The memory of James wishing he could keep her in his pocket giving her the idea to gift it to him. He knew. He knew exactly what her train of thought was in everything she did. As she did with him.

He smirked when he saw her staring at it. When their eyes met, she tilted her head down. He followed her gaze, watching as she kicked her foot out from under her dress to reveal her new shoes. He stared at the tiny blue things. Smiling when he saw there were butterflies dancing across her pink painted toes, as were the diamonds over her chest.

As the officiant invited them to share their vows, James cleared his throat. Staring deep into Maggie's eyes as he spoke. "Most days, I wake up before you, correct?"

She nodded, giving him a confused smile in response to how casual his question was. "You're practically a vampire James. You don't sleep." She teased, making everyone laugh softly.

"Yeah yeah, doll, I know. But you probably think I get right up and get ready for work, right?"

"Yes." She said, sounding more like a question then a statement.

"Well, most mornings when I wake up, I sit beside you and wonder how the hell I got so lucky. I do not deserve you, in any way. You're the kindest person I know. You look for the good in everyone you meet, including me when I did not deserve it."

He swallowed hard, feeling emotion building in his chest. "When we first met, you scared me. Nothing scares me, but you did. This tiny little lamb shook me to my core." He cooed, caressing her chin. "Because you made me realize I could love. You found a way to get my heart beating again and it was unnerving. From the moment we met, I knew I had to have you. I didn't know in what capacity I would be allowed, but I knew in my bones that I'd do anything for you."

"I vow to continue that mindset going forward in life. I vow to stand by your side, to love, support, and protect you, and more than anything— to allow you to protect yourself. I love you more than anything and I promise that will never fade."

Maggie blinked up at him with misty eyes. Afternoon warmth sparkling off of them. For a man that didn't quite enjoy speaking, he always knew just what to say.

She swallowed the feeling balled in her throat before she spoke, locking in on the piercing blue stare aimed down at her. "Love is chaotic. It's uncontrollable. You don't get to choose who you fall in love with. When we first met, I shied away from anything out of the norm. I lived in my cushy little bubble and was happy there— or I thought I was."

"But when I met you, James, it was like I woke up. You showed me just how good life can be when you let go and trust. It was like jumping off of a cliff with a blindfold on and hoping for the best. I guess I just got lucky."

"We've overcome so much together. So much hardship. Quite literally everything and everyone was trying to keep up apart and we found each other time and time again despite those efforts. Even having to fight ourselves at some points." She chuckled, making James beam down at her, rolling his eyes.

"I vow to love you until my last breath. I vow to always see the kindness in your heart no matter how you see yourself, to stick by you no matter how messy things get, and to always drink your champagne... because you fucking hate it." She said dryly, making everyone laugh.

"I'll love you no matter what happens. I'll always, always choose you."

James' lips parted, brows curving together. "God, can I please kiss her already?" He sighed, looking over at the officiant.

"Rings first." He held a finger to him.

They exchanged rings, repeating the words provided. James pushed on a thin band of diamonds to join Maggie's engagement ring, then she slid on a thick silver band onto his left hand. Sealing their fate. Locking them into a lifetime of love together.

"I now pronounce you married." The officiant announced, then leaning over to James and whispering a quick, "you can kiss her now."

James looked back at Maggie with that devilish smirk he wore so often around her, moving his hands to rake around the back of her head. His tattooed fingers wove into her perfectly coifed curls. Tugging her to him, their lips smashed together as he hunched down to accommodate for her height.

She kissed him passionately as the rest of the world melted away. Her hands slithered up to his broad shoulders, grounding herself from floating into the atmosphere. His tongue swiped over hers as he left a peck to her bottom lip.

When James pulled back, their foreheads rested together. Both of their ears slowly fading back into use, hearing the cheers coming from their small group of friends crowded beside them.

They turned to face the audience, both of them positively radiant.

With one quick movement, Maggie was hoisted into James' arms as he began to trek back up the aisle, through the gardens, towards the villa. Both of them laughing when they heard Luisa and Rose barking orders at the group to get their asses over to the dining area for dinner.

James carried her all the way through the house, bustling with caterers, up to the master suite. He kicked open the door and tossed her down onto the bed, making her yelp as the mass amount of white fabric puffed around her.

He lied down beside her, letting out a deep breath as he let his eyes creak shut. "Sorry, doll. I just wanted a moment alone."

"It's okay, so did I." She rolled over, resting her head on his chest. "I missed you all day."

His arms slithered around her, pulling her tighter to his chest. "I missed you too, Mrs. Barnes."

A smile spread across her face, despite her efforts to stifle it with a bite. "I can't believe we're married," she breezed. "What do we do now?"

"Be married." He shrugged with a deep chuckle that made her head bounce on his chest. "Um, actually, speaking of what we do now, how would you feel about prolonging our trip?"

Maggie lifted up off of him to look him in the eye. "Don't you have to work?"

"We're going to have a honeymoon either way." He smirked, speaking in his raspy drawl. "Why not start now? I can work a bit while we're gone and have Steve handle the rest. I mean, I have thousands of employees, I'm sure they can manage for a bit without me."

"I could probably do the same." She said, pinching her expression in consideration. "Do you want to stay here in Italy?"

James sighed, smile widening. "I was thinking we could for a bit, then maybe Paris for a week or two?"

Maggie's eyes shot wide. "Paris?"

"Technically, you own a home there. I think it's time you saw it."

She let out a high-pitched squeal, scooting up his chest and pressing an excited kiss to his lips. "Yes! That sounds so perfect, James."

He chuckled. "Okay, then I'll get to preparing tomorrow and we can leave in a few days." He ran a hand over the back of her hair, tilting his head at her. "We should probably head back down. I'm sure our guests are waiting for us."

"I need to change." Maggie sighed as she hopped back up from the mattress. "I have a second dress I wanted to wear for dinner."

"A costume change?" James teased with an impressed frown.

She laughed as she walked into the closet, digging behind the many hung coats to grab the garment bag she had stashed away the day before. "Can I get some help undressing?" She called into the bedroom.

A beat later James came waltzing in behind her wearing a smug expression. "It's my life calling, sweetheart."

His strong fingers carefully unlatched the back of her dress, dragging the zipper down her back, then sliding the gown off of her. Maggie kept a hold on his shoulder to steady herself as she stepped out.

Standing in just her undergarments and heels, James licked his lips. Blue eyes raking over her figure as he stood back up to his towering height. "I can't believe your my wife." He shook his head. "I get to fuck you every day until I'm old and wrinkly."

Maggie laughed, covering her face with her hands. "Wow, you're really overselling it." She sarcastically, making him smirk.

"Where'd you get those shoes?" He asked, nodding down to them.

"Right, uh, they were my mother's. Rose surprised me with them last minute."

"Butterflies..." he drew off.

She nodded. "I know. Weird, right?

"It's like she knew." James said with straightened brows, staring down at the little blue heels. When he looked back up, Maggie had tears in her eyes. He tucked her hair behind her ear, tilting her chin to meet his gaze. "She was there today. With you."

"Rose said the same thing." She smiled, blinking away her tears.

He bent at the waist and kissed her forehead. "Let's get you dressed, doll."

Once Maggie slipped on her new gown— an off shoulder satin mini dress, with a corseted bodice, they moved back downstairs.

Walking through the living room to the French doors, out to the loggia. The sun had set, leaving the sky an all consuming black shade with the moon resting low, hemmed by sparkling stars.

There were twinkling lights strung up between the hulking pillars of the outdoor space. A single long table was kitted out in a table cloth and candles with decorative greenery and white roses nestled between.

Their guests stood when they made their way back out, clapping for the couple before they exchanged a few hugs and then took their seats. A glass of champagne and a scotch were waiting for the pair at the head of the table.

Just as silence washed over the group, Steve stood from his seat holding his own glass in his hand. "I know we said no speeches, since it was so last minute, but I couldn't let this moment to embarrass James go to waste."

James scoffed, shifting in his seat to rest a hand on Maggie's thigh.

"I'm just kidding." Steve grinned, shaking his head at James. "But I do have some things I'd like to say. Pal, your vows stuck a chord with me. You said that you don't deserve Maggie... which is probably true," James' jaw ticked, letting a smidge of a smile show, "but I think you're selling yourself short."

"You see," he turned to the group, "James is an interesting man. He's ruthless and cold and arrogant, but he's also incredibly generous and loyal. He can create absolute chaos with a snap of his fingers, yet he can turn around and solve the world's problems just the same. What I admire most about him, is the way he so often chooses to do the latter for the people he cares for."

"Bucky, you're a good man." He looked him straight in the eye, ensuring he picked up on the gravity of his words. "You absolutely deserve someone as special as Maggie. Both of you are incredible people and I feel lucky to have seen how the two of you grew side by side."

Steve glanced over at Maggie with a knowing smile. "Tiny, you've done what no other woman could. You've figured out how to get this sociopath's heart beating again." He nodded to James, chuckling. "You've found the colors to paint him, when the world would've left him gray."

He raised his glass, looking about the group. "To Maggie and James."

"To Maggie and James." They all repeated, taking pulls of their drinks.

James conceded a smile, silently tilting his glass to Steve from across the table. He leaned over, kissing Maggie on the cheek and leaning into her ear to whisper a soft, "I love you," into her ear.

"I love you too," she replied sweetly, staring into his slate blue eyes.

After dinner was served and they all scarfed down the many, many dishes of food, they dished out the cake. The entire time, James and Maggie shared bites off their plates, despite the fact that they were eating the same thing.

Once everyone was positively stuffed with food, James led Maggie over to the open space just beside the table for their first dance as a married couple. As the music started, he began slowly swaying them in a circle.

Maggie rested her head on his chest, closing her eyes for a moment to soak up the feeling of him holding her. Yet again, everything around them faded away. Not a single stare was felt by either of them. They were entirely absorbed in the moment at hand.

He gripped her hand and twirled her in a tight circle, before dipping her. She let out a soft laugh as she rose back up and tugged him down by his collar to kiss his lips.

After they had the space to themselves for a moment, everyone else gathered around them dancing together.

A few songs in, Ivan eventually found his way over to Maggie, stealing her away from James for a dance together. He hugged her tightly to him as they rocked around the space. "You know, I'm very proud of you kiddo."

She frowned in adoration. "Thank you, Pops."

"I'm serious. You've become such an amazing woman, Maggie. And I could not have been happier with your choice of husband."

"Well, you definitely set the standard for what a man should be."

"Psh, I'm nothing compared to that guy. I mean, just look at him." He nodded over her shoulder, making her peek over to find James' giant figure cradling Scarlet in his arms and bouncing her gently to the music. "Masculine and caring? Come on, Mags."

She giggled, turning back to Ivan. "Just like you, Pops."

After a few more songs switching between partners, Maggie found Natasha wearing a cunning expression, eyeing her from across the loggia. She walked over to her, tilting her head in confusion. "What?" She asked, apprehensively.

"Come with me," Natasha urged. Hooking her arm under Maggie's before she could respond and walking her back into the villa.

When they reached the guest room that she and Steve were staying in, tucked away in the east wing of the home, she dug under the bed to pull out a white box. Plopping down on the edge of the mattress together, Maggie was handed the gift.

She hesitated for only a moment before untying the bow and lifting the lid. It was a lingerie set. Nearly identical to the one she wore her for first date with James. Instantly being taken back to that evening when Natasha helped her get ready and gifted her the Agent Provocateur set.

Soft ivory lace, covered in pale pink and blue floral embroidery; mint bows sat on the hips of the panties while one sat dead center between the cups of the bra. Playfully frilly trim lined the edges of each of the pieces.

"Nat..." her voice drew off, staring down at the gift.

"I figured you wouldn't really have any time to pick anything special out for tonight, so I bought this the day before we left. It's just like—"

"The set I wore for my first date with James," she finished her sentence.

"Yes, exactly," Natasha smiled, "well, almost the exact set. It's been a while since they sold the one I bought you, but I figured this was pretty damn close."

Maggie bit her lip, recalling the memory of when James tore her bra in half, snickering softly to herself. Thinking back on how different she was then. How inexperienced she was in every aspect of her life. "I think I should put it on," she said decidedly, giving Natasha a smirk.

"I think you should too."

Once she put on the lingerie and zipped herself back into the dress, she walked back out to the bedroom to find Natasha digging through her suitcase. When her hand landed on whatever she was looking for a mischievous grin spread over her features. Lips curling with a playful wickedness that she wore so well.

She ripped her hand back out, clutching a bottle of Grey Goose.

"Why do you have that?" Maggie laughed.

"I snuck it over with me." She shrugged as she yanked the cork off with a deep thunk. Taking a pull between her lips, she cringed as she passed it off to Maggie.

"We have an entire bar downstairs."

"Just shut up and have a drink with me."

Maggie rolled her eyes, sitting down beside her on the edge of the bed and taking a long chug from the bottle. Chasing the burning liquor with a loud laugh. She felt like they were teens again. Sneaking away from a gathering to sneak sips of alcohol.

"James is taking me to Paris," Maggie recalled, passing the bottle back over to her friend.

Natasha's eyes widened as she lifted it to her lips. "Wow. Paris, huh? When's that happening?"

"In a few days. We're going to stay there for a week or two. James has a house there we'll be staying at."

"You mean you have a house there," Natasha corrected with a smirk.

Maggie smacked her palm to her forehead. "Right. I keep forgetting the whole 'what's mine is yours' thing." She tugged the bottle back and took another sip, easier to stomach this time with its presence already in her. "I still can't believe this, Nat."

"What do you mean?"

"That I'm married to this powerful CEO." She clarified with a set smile. "It feels like a dream that my life ended up this way." Gesturing to the room around them.

Natasha understood completely. Maggie had grown up in an apartment, with her mom working two jobs just to keep food on the table. Most of the clothes she wore when she was younger were hand-me-downs from Natasha once she outgrew them. Being thrust into a life of luxury was a shock for her initially, but now that she owned half of everything— she was completely overwhelmed.

"It suits you, Mags. If there's anyone that deserves this life, it's you."

"Thanks, Nat." She said with a huff, resting her head on Natasha's shoulder.

She wrapped her arms around Maggie. Kissing the top of her head as they let the silence sink in. Enjoying the second of peace away from the group.

After they took couple more pulls of the bottle, they made their way back out to the loggia. Everyone still carrying on in their partying without them.

Maggie instantly rushed over to James. Finding him in his element. With a cigarette between his teeth and a scotch in hand. Sitting beside Vision and Sam. She sat down on his lap, curling up on him.

His hand instantly found its home between her thighs. Trust James to be the kind of man to always, always keep a hand on what was his, even if it was subconscious. His eyes were trained on Vision as he spoke. Caught in a conversation about his childhood in London, while James relayed his experiences while at his home there.

He stopped speaking, mid-sentence. Trained nose catching on the odd hint of something on Maggie's breath. Standing out from her usual, flowery sweet scent. His eyes narrowed at her, picking up notes of a strong spirit. "Have you been taking shots, doll?"

Maggie giggled, scooting closer to him as her hands snaked over his shoulders. Nonverbally answering his question with her playful movement, cuing the two men to pick up a conversation amongst themselves to give the couple some privacy.

James lips curled, eyeing her. Observant as always. He loved when she was like that. Buzzing from a few drinks. Warm and cheerful. Relaxed— like she deserved to be, especially on the special day it was.

He put out his cigarette, wrapping his arm around Maggie as he shifted her on his lap. "Where'd you go?"

"Upstairs with Nat. She gave me a gift."

"What did she give you?" He asked with a smile.

Maggie bit her lip as she peeked around the space to make sure there were no watchful stares on them, before slipping down the neckline of her dress to reveal a smidge of the pastel lace resting below the satin garment. "I guess it's sort of a gift for both of us."

James licked his lips, nodding. "Well perhaps I should preemptively apologize to you."

Her brows pinched, tilting her head. "Why would you apologize?"

"Because I plan on leaving that shit in shreds." He said matter-of-factly with a hint of an edge in his raspy voice as he nodded down to her chest.

With his statement hanging in the air, the night carried on at a glacial pace. Both James and Maggie's minds caught on the promise of sure to be epic sex.

Around midnight, everyone was sufficiently drunk. They all said their goodnights and went their separate ways to rest up before their flight home in the morning.

Sure enough, with everyone heading to bed, James scooped Maggie up and quickly bounded up to the master suite.

With the door kicked shut, he set her down to her feet. Slowly rounding her, casting a long shadow over her petite figure as he crossed the beam of moonlight shining in from the windows.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed before her, the air felt thick with anticipation. They were eye to eye with his seated position and her tiny height. He took his time unbutton his shirt and yank it off his muscled torso, having discarded his bowtie and jacket many hours ago. He pulled Maggie closer to him, so she was standing between his legs.

Keeping his eyes—a shade darker now— trained on her as he reached around to unzip her satin dress, letting it fall off her frame and pool around her feet. Revealing her new lingerie set. Adorable. She looked like a nymph, covered in delicate flowers, like she should be lounging in the Garden of the Hesperides. He gawked at the sight for only a moment before standing up and lifting her into his arms.

He crawled over the bed, lying her down onto the pool of Egyptian cotton below him. He grabbed hold of her leg, kissing and nibbling from her calf up to the inside of her thigh. Staring up at her as she squirmed under his touch.

There was something in his eyes, she so often found whenever he was in one of his moods. Like a fire dancing around in his pupils, despite there being any light around them. Like something shifted inside of him. Leaving him positively feral for her.

A hard bite to the soft skin between her legs making those suspicions set in stone. She whined at the pain, but found it to leaving behind a delicious bloom of pleasure in her core.

As James continued to creep up her figure, his right hand tucked back to dig into his pocket. Pulling back out a butterfly knife. Silver metal glinting under the dim light of the moon, catching her eye, making her breath hitch. He skillfully twirled it around his hand, gripping it tight in place as he hooked the blade under the lace of her panties.

With a swift flick of his wrist, the thin fabric was ripped in half and he slipped it off of her.

"Did you really marry me with a knife in your pocket?" Maggie laughed.

"Are you really surprised by that?" He countered, not a hint of humor in his words.

She bit her lip, shaking her head in response. Why did she think that was so hot? No matter how long they were together, she wasn't sure she'd ever get used to how much his darkness turned her on.

With her exposed to him now, he wasted no time diving between her legs. His eyes rolled back at the taste of her. His favorite. He continued his lapping of her slick juices, while his thick fingers curled inside of her. She arched her back as she moaned loudly, spreading her legs wider for him.

His free hand coasted up her body, grabbing a handful of her breast. Kneading the supple skin in his hand while he ate her. Fingers pumping inside of her while his tongue swirled over her clit.

Instinctively, Maggie's hands wove into his long hair, tugging his face tight to her heat. Giving herself the friction she wanted with his upper lip. She cried out at the sensation building in her chest. She tilted her head up to watch him, finding his eyes already set on her.

Glaring up at her with an unwavering intensity. The sight alone— of the hulking tattooed man settled between her legs— brought her that much closer to her release. "Please don't stop, James. Please," she begged.

He gave a soft nod, but didn't falter in his pace. Continuing exactly what he knew she loved.

With his rhythm set, she let go. Splaying her legs wide and crying out. Gushing over his lips as he lapped up every last drop. His fingers pushing her through her release. Dragging her through it. Like she was being drowned in pleasure.

Before she even had a moment to catch her breath, James was up on his feet dropping the remaining pieces of his clothing to the floor and crashing back onto her in a flash. His lips found hers, kissing her with a singular ferocity. His mouth coated in her essence. Something she loved tasting on him.

James' oversized hands slid up between her breasts, ripping the new bra in half with one harsh tug to the fabric between the cups.

She gasped, looking down to the destroyed bra, then back up to meet his near-black eyes.

"Told ya I'd leave it in shreds, babydoll." Brooklyn accent extremely present in his words for a change. Something he rarely let slip unless he was furious, drunk, or— as she had learned throughout their relationship— fiercely turned on.

Awoken by his dominance, she used her favorite move to flip over on top of him. Straddling him for only a moment before sliding down his muscular figure. She nestled herself between his legs, staring at how his hardened cock was rested over his abs. The tip red and angry with need. A drop of precum glistening on the head.

Gripping him in her hand, so girthy her fingertips couldn't meet. She bent down to lick a long stripe up his entire length. Coaxing a desperate growl from between his gritted teeth. His head dropped back down to the pillow as his eyes stayed lazily fixated on her movements.

Maggie swirled her tongue around the head of him, teasing him to a dangerous point of desire.

"Don't fuck with me, doll. I'm not in the mood," he warned with the start of a smirk. "We both know what'll happen if you try."

She giggled back at him, not at all phased by his threat. Knowing deep down it would only lead to exactly what she wanted— a rough fucking. She dipped back down, finally taking him into her mouth. Sinking all the way down to the base of him. Relaxing her throat to take him deeper.

James lip quivered as he let out a shaky breath. "Fuck, baby," he growled in a husky voice, "such a good fuckin' girl." The end of his words becoming a moan when she used her hands to stroke him while she suckled over the tip.

His huge hands moved down to cup the sides of her head to guide her movements. His hips began to rock, fucking into her throat. Tilting his head to watch how her throat bulged with his size embedded in her.

Maggie continued to suck him off, bobbing her head up and down on him, lapping up the salty flavor of his precum that continued to seep out. Running her hands over his meaty thighs to his hips as she let him thrust into her.

His breathing became labored. Getting much too close to continue, he shoved her off of him in one rough movement and flipped her back onto the mattress. Settling behind her, he instantly lined himself up and shoved his cock deep inside of her in one go.

She cried out at the intensity of him immediately hitting her wall, arching her back in response, but it only allowed him to plunge in deeper.

Grabbing a fistful of her hair, he tugged her torso back to his. Free hand going straight for her throat. He hunched down as he rammed into her, kissing at the side of her neck and leaving bites behind.

The sounds of their panting and slapping, sweaty skin filling the otherwise quiet room.

"Say you're mine," James commanded.

Maggie licked her dried lips and spoke through his choking, mustering out a strained, "I'm yours."

"That's right, doll," he huffed, releasing her and letting her collapse back to the bed. Planting his hands on the sides of her shoulders, using it as leverage to pound into her from behind. "You're mine forever. You're my little wife and I'm gonna take such good care of you. No ones gonna lay a fuckin' finger on you." Despite his loving promises, his words were aggressive, as if reassuring himself that she was really his.

She gripped a wad of the sheets in her fist, balling it up in her clammy palm. Pushing back against him. "I'm yours, James. Forever."

James pulled out of her, readjusting so he was seated at the head of the mattress and then bringing Maggie to straddle his lap. "I wanna see your pretty face when I fuck you," he said with a sly smile.

Her hand dipped between them, guiding him back into her. His head fell back to the headboard, squeezing his eyes shut for only a moment at the feeling of her wet heat. His hands slid around to grip her waist as she started to bounce on top of him.

Landing a hard swat to her ass, she yelped, following it with a lustful look as she stared into his eyes. Her hips swirled in circles. Grinding down onto him, taking his entire length. She had never felt so full, nearly blacking out at the orgasm she felt building inside of her.

Clashing nerves strung tight in every last muscle of her body egging her movements on. She hunched down into the crook of his neck, pressing scorching kisses to his sweat misted skin. Leaving her passion on every single tattoo.

His hands raked up her back, weaving his fingers into her hair to bring her head up to his. He kissed her with an unmatched ferocity. Suckling over her lips, leaving them bitten red. Their tongues swirled together, wrestling for dominance.

As if they read each other's minds, they came. Hard. Both of them letting out moans that echoed off the walls of the master suite as the intense pleasure swarmed their consciousness. Every part of their bodies connected. Not a single speck of skin untouched. Both of them completely basted in sweat.

When they came down, Maggie fell slumped to James' chest. Strings of hair stuck to her damp forehead as she rested on his shoulder. Pressing half-coherent kisses to him.

Once the night air started to cool their moist skin, he tucked the duvet over them, sliding down into the cocoon of comfort. With her head on his chest, his hand mindlessly traced over her back. Pecking occasional kisses to the top of her head.

"I love you, James," she whispered.

"I love you too, Margaret."

~

A/N: I received a message the other day with a question from a reader about why I haven't 'cured' James of his sociopathic ways. To that I want to say-- that isn't something he can just get rid of with a snap of his fingers. It's part of who he is and this story isn't about his changing completely, it's about him growing and Maggie accepting him along with his issues. She understands his darkness and chooses to love him for it.

It's about growth, not changing who they are💕

PS: Thor is the ultimate himbo. If you know, you know.

One chapter left, babes. Thank you for being the best readers ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 12.5K 80
A Modern Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** TW - Lots of BDSM. Sexual content. Sex Work. Death. Violence. You worked for Mr Barnes as his secretary...
36K 998 32
Love, love , love. What is love to James Barnes? Absolutely nothing. In a Mafia war, a girl becomes his partner. Girl that will change his aspect for...
82.9K 3K 31
Series Summary: After a last hurrah to graduating college with a future to be a family practitioner, a little slip up happens... Seven years down the...
3.9K 144 13
Dangerous, mob leader James "Bucky" Barnes is the life of the party. In fact, he is the party, and he damn well knows it. Intent on living out his ba...