When The World Ends

By SpencerReidisMyBitch

Sequel to When The World Stops Spencer disappears and your world is left in turmoil. You struggle with keepin... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: His Voice
Chapter 3: Healing
Chapter 4: A Question For A Question
Chapter 5: Geniuses Aren't Infallible (Smut)
Chapter 6: Review
Chapter 7: Her Majesty (Smut)
Chapter 8: Dominant Female (Smut)
Chapter 10: Security Detail
Chapter 11: Report
Chapter 12: The Trial, Part 1
Chapter 13: The Trial, Part 2
Chapter 14: The Trial, Part 3
Chapter 15: Birthday
Chapter 16: Holiday Spirit (Smut)
Chapter 17: I Promised I'd Always Come Home
Chapter 18: How Strong You Are (Smut)
Chapter 19: Mistress, Master, Daddy, Ma'am, Highness, Whore (Smut)
Chapter 20: Memories
Chapter 21: Lies
Chapter 22: Where She's Going
Chapter 23: Nightmares
Chapter 24: Truth or Dare (Smut)
Chapter 25: Recovery
Chapter 26: Private Lessons
Chapter 27: It Gets Better (Smut)
Chapter 28: Doctor Spencer Reid (Smut)
Chapter 29: The Eye of the Storm
Chapter 30: Undercover
Chapter 31: Brat

Chapter 9: Kiwi

1K 31 51
By SpencerReidisMyBitch

"The FBI wants to do a full investigation into Frost and Felix." Hotch told me as we walked to my lecture hall. "They're not suspending anyone, but it's going to be a long process."

I sighed and nodded. "What do I need to do after class?"

"They're requesting that an agent not associated with the BAU interview the entire team and both unsubs." He shrugged, "They want someone who can profile that's not associated with us, I guess."

"I guess that makes sense. Where are we being interviewed?"

"They want to do it in the interrogation rooms. I couldn't tell you why." He was clearly stressed about the entire deal. "Just meet the team there, and make sure you just go over the facts of the case."

"As always." I confirmed. "Are you staying for class?"

"Why not?" He shrugged. "They want us to pause all work until this is over. As annoying as it is, I guess I get some free time for once."

I looked down as my lesson plan for the day. "We're discussing interrogating unsubs and using threats of violence as coercion today."

"Ah, the light topics of the FBI academy," Aaron sighed sarcastically. "I'd be happy to give my input."

We sat and talked quietly as the class filtered in, some greeting me, while others just quietly sat, preparing for class. As soon as the class began, I called out for quiet and stood.

"As I mentioned last time, we're covering violence in interrogation today." I tended to pace a bit as I lectured, but I was more self-conscious in front of Hotch. I forced myself to relax and act normal. "I want to make it clear, this isn't 'enhanced interrogation' or torture – this is ideas such as shouting, slamming the table, even telling an unsub what may happen to them in prison."

I paused for a moment; last time I'd done this lecture, someone brought up Guantanamo Bay, causing a debate that lasted the entire class period. Luckily, no one did this time.

"To help with today's lecture, we have SSA Aaron Hotchner, head of the BAU. He's faced some awful unsubs and knows how to deal with the worst of the worst."

Hotch stood. "I wouldn't say the worst of the worst, I'm sure there are even more messed up people we haven't caught yet. But I've dealt with everything from bioterrorists to personal attacks, so I've seen a lot."

Of course, someone asked the question I'd been dreading. "What do you mean personal attacks?"

I shot Hotch a look, as if to say, you don't need to answer the question, but he did.

"I'm sure Agent (Y/N) has told you about the Foyet case; an unsub who faked being a victim and fooled us all. He murdered my wife and tried to murder my son." Hotch answered, tone steely. "I actually never interrogated him as an unsub, I killed him before we ever had the chance to bring him in."

Silence. Even pencils and pens stopped moving, as if the word had paused for a moment.

"But," Hotch broke the spell, "Since that's not what we're here to talk about, let's move on."

***

I leaned my head on Spencer's shoulder as we sat, waiting for the agent who would be interviewing us to come up to the interrogation rooms. The team had gone over the facts of the case, and we now sat, waiting. None of met each other's eyes.

The agent arrived. It was another teacher with the Academy who I'd passed in the hall a few times; Vargas, maybe? He gave me a terse nod before walking into the interrogation room.

"Why does it feel like we're the ones on trial?" I muttered.

"Welcome to the federal government and cases involving sexual assault," Emily answered, voice dripping in loathing.

"This was years ago, and he was convicted, he's being tried for something completely different," I argued, "Why does that matter?"

"It shouldn't," Hotch agreed, "But they like to make it a big deal anyways. Just stick to the facts of the case and it'll be fine."

"Easy for you to say," Morgan shot back. "You haven't been through this."

Everyone fell silent again. Vargas opened the door and walked back out, motioning for me to come in. Spencer squeezed my hand as I stood, but I dropped it limply as I walked away and into the small room.

It felt strange being on the side of the desk further away from the door; I didn't have an easy out. I crossed my ankles and clasped my hands on the cold metal, waiting.

Finally, he spoke. "Please state your name and rank within the FBI for the record."

"Special Agent (Y/N) (Y/L/N), I teach profiling, interrogation, and stress management at the FBI Academy." We both knew that, and the FBI had all my information on file, but I had to say it anyway.

"Can you describe your relationship with Dr. Spencer Reid?"

"We're married." Describe your relationship? What the fuck?

"Please describe your relationship with Daniel Frost."

"We were together as sexual partners for a few months before I began at the FBI." I sighed. "We were in a power exchange dynamic with negotiated limits in which I was the dominant partner. He tried to force me into a situation that I was not comfortable. When I refused, he released revenge porn with my information attached. I sued him and he was in prison, supposedly for life."

"Supposedly?" Vargas raised an eyebrow.

"He got out a few weeks ago without my knowledge." Seriously? Why do I need to go over this again? "What does this have to do with the current case?"

"The Bureau wants to have all the information to completely understand this case." He answered, not meeting my eyes. "Now, please recount what happened the day Dr. Reid was kidnapped."

"I've written up this exact report at least three times. You don't need that information again." I answered tersely. "Can we move on or be done here?"

"Please answer the questions."

"No. You probably have my report in that folder. Either ask me new questions or release me to do my job." I knew I was being antagonistic, but I didn't care. "Now, are we done here?"

"Fine." Vargas sighed. "Do you believe that Daniel Frost kidnapped Dr. Reid?"

"I don't believe he was on the premises for the kidnapping, no. However, I do believe that he assisted in Spencer's torture." I answered, chest clenching at the memory. "He knew he would have been recognized on FBI property too easily, and he couldn't have known if Spencer knew what he looked like. His partner was the safer option."

"Let's discuss Lacey Felix for a moment." He looked up at me. "Is their relationship similar to what you and Frost had?"

"No. For one, Frost in the dominant in that relationship. Also, I never collared Frost, it was casual." Go on, ask what that means. "Also, Daniel and I were never romantic, while I believe Lacey and Daniel were."

To my surprise, he didn't question the mention of collaring. I fiddled with my bracelet a little, finger resting on the key.

"Do you believe that Lacey Felix assisted in the kidnapping and torture of Spencer Reid?"

"Considering she admitted to it, yes." Why does this even need to be asked?

Vargas looked doubtful, but continued. "Is there anything additional about Lacey Felix or Daniel Frost that you'd like the Bureau to take into consideration when reviewing this case?"

"They admitted to it. Both of them. We shouldn't even be here." I said immediately, rage building in my chest. "You're just here because either you or someone higher up thinks it doesn't matter that Daniel tried to attack me, you think it's all my fault. But let me tell you, he was locked up at let out without my knowledge. Whatever you believe about what he did, I should have been able to protect myself and my family, and I couldn't. The Bureau put the safety of my family at stake. This isn't about me or Spencer; it's about our children."

Before he could respond, I walked out.

I walked past Spencer, straight to the stairs, and ran down, collapsing against the wall at the landing, tears already flowing.

Why does it feel like I'm the one on trial?

Why can't this be behind me?

***

I couldn't sleep that night. I could hear Spencer's soft, even breaths beside me, knew he'd wake up if he heard anything, so I stayed still, staring at the ceiling, frozen.

The judge had let me write an impact statement, let me read it to Daniel in front of the jury, the entire courthouse.

I stood there, alone. I was dressed in an ill-fitting pantsuit, hems brushing past my heels to the floor, sleeves slipping over my thumbs as I fumbled with the paper. The room was silent, waiting.

I spoke. I barely even needed to look at my notes as I described in agonizing detail what he'd put me through. The shame, the humiliation, the pain. I told him, told everyone about the fear I felt every morning walking into the courthouse, knowing I'd see him again.

I told them of my relief upon him being found guilty. I looked him in the eyes and told him I would be truly happy on the day he died. I would celebrate. I told him no human with any respect for another's decency would feel an ounce of sadness for him.

"Daniel." I met his eyes for the first time since... I didn't even know when. Maybe that scene, so many months ago. "I honestly hope that you never have the privilege of seeing me again. I hope all you see is disgusting prison food and the four walls of your cell for the rest of your life. I take solace in the fact that, if there is an afterlife, you will be tortured there as you have tortured me here. I hope that you suffer for eternity and a day for what you've done to me.

"Goodbye, Daniel." With that, I stepped back, away, and walked out.

"If only that had been goodbye," I whispered to myself.

I turned to Spencer, who was still sleeping, and shifted so I could rest my head on his chest, intertwining our fingers. His heartbeat was deep and sure, his breathing soft, lifting my head up and down gently like the swaying of a boat.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I was in the exact same position when I woke up, hands linked with Spencer's, ear still pressed to his chest. It just felt right, like that's where I was supposed to be.

Spencer was still asleep, so I just stayed, happy to be with him, to be safe.

***

I walked into the FBI Academy front office, quickly stopping to check my mail slot. Spencer sometimes left notes, or students would turn things in, so I tried to check at least twice a week. I grabbed the small stack of papers, shooting Agent Graham a small smile as I walked out, sifting through the pile.

It was mostly assignments, along with a clearly quickly written note from Spencer wishing me a good day (with a kiss mark from Penelope at the top). I laughed a little and tucked it into my bag before continuing, barely looking up as I walked to my hall. There was one paper at the bottom, written on notebook paper, handwriting fast and messy, but clearly not Spencer's.

Stay after class for me.

I pulled out my phone and sent a picture to the BAU chat (which they'd kindly kept me in).

Message to: BAU Fam
One attachment.

Message to: BAU Fam
WTF? Is one of you trying to freak me out?

Message to: BAU Fam
I've got class in 2. If it's not one of you, someone get down here before the end of class.

***

I acted normal through the whole class, trying to stay casual as my eyes scanned for any possibility of a threat. I couldn't see anything, but I was distracted with my lecture, and I couldn't be sure.

Two lights in the back of the hall were out, so although I saw someone slip in, I couldn't tell who it was. I finished the lecture normally, trying not to noticeably fidget.

"Okay, that's it for today. Remember to email me your notes, pictures or scans are fine. If you type them, that's fine too, I just need to know you're paying attention." I reminded them. "It's just a completion grade, so don't worry about making them look pretty. However you do it is fine."

The class filtered out, a few coming up to ask me questions or pass me a copy of their notes, others about the other, long-term assignments I'd given them. Once I was done, I sat at my desk, waiting, still searching the room as my pen scratched randomly at scrap paper, eyes up as my head was tilted towards the desk.

Nothing. I waited, but nothing happened. After almost half an hour, I stood, packing up my papers and tucking my pen into my bag. I redid my ponytail as I walked out, glancing around the hall one last time.

I hadn't seen them walk out, even though I'd been watching, but the figure in the back of the room was gone.

I shook my head and turned off the lights, walking to the elevator.

"You're going crazy," I told myself. "Cut it out."

***

Another sleepless night.

I curled up on Spencer the same way, trying desperately, but my eyes wouldn't even close except to blink.

I got out of bed earlier than usual, brewed a pot of coffee, and drank the entire thing before making another.

***

Message from: Hotch
News re: Frost & Felix. Come upstairs ASAP.

I breathed a sigh of relief that my last class of the day had finished and almost ran upstairs, heart beating in my throat as I tried to guess what the news would be. Good? Bad? Nothing? More damn red tape to go through?

I walked through the bullpen, kissing Spencer on the cheek and dropping my bag before walking into Hotch's office. He looked up when I walked in and wordlessly beckoned to a chair, standing and closing the door firmly.

"You and Agent Reid will be the only ones besides myself who are aware of this after I tell you." His voice was sharp, rehearsed. Wrong. "You must listen very carefully."

I looked him up at down, but he seemed normal. "Hotch, can I ask you a question first?"

He nodded, sitting back down.

I met his eyes, considering my words carefully. "The words that Spencer and I use when we're in private situations can extend beyond that. If you need to use those words, for your safety, mine, or Spencer's, then you can."

Hotch nodded tersely. "Frost and Felix are coming to Quantico."

"Coming to Quantico meaning...?" I knew he was wording it precisely.

"They were being transferred and they escaped." He said. "We're not sure exactly where they are now."

"Hotch," I stood and leaned forward over his desk. "Do you need to use one of our words?"

I didn't care if one of them was listening and would know what it meant. I didn't know how else to ask.

He picked up a pen and began to write. His handwriting was cramped; he was writing quickly.

Kiwi.
They're here.

I picked up the paper and walked out, making sure to close the door behind me. My heart was beating quickly I could hear it. I ran down the stairs and grabbed Spencer's arm, shoving the paper into his hand.

"I think Hotch is being threatened by Lacey and Daniel. They escaped while being transferred here." My voice was shaking. "I'm taking Morgan to get the kids."

Derek looked up at the sound of his name.

I grabbed my bag and pulled him towards the elevators, keeping my voice quiet. "Daniel and Lacey are out, and they're threatening Hotch. I need you to help me make sure the kids are safe."

He nodded, "I'll call Pen, see if she can figure anything else."

"I'm calling the school." My voice was shaking. "Get Pen to tell Deanna as well."

***

We took one of the official FBI vans, lights and sirens on. I drove desperately, skidding around corners, blinking tears out of my eyes. We stopped in front of the school and I jumped out, running in and grabbing onto the front desk.

"I'm here for Tobias and Maeve Reid." I fumbled for my badge. "I- where are they right now?"

The woman was surprised but began typing, "They're in class right now."

"What room?" Morgan asked, walking up behind me.

"27, it's just down the hall to the left," she gestured. "Can I ask what's going on?"

Morgan looked at me, "Go ahead, I'll explain."

I nodded and ran down the hall, muttering, "Twenty-seven, where- twenty-seven, come on."

I found the room and went to open it, but the door was locked and there was a curtain over the window. I banged on the door, hand flying to my gun.

A kind voice came from inside. "I'm coming!"

I waited, tapping my foot nervously. The door opened and a young teacher that reminded me of Ms. Frizzle opened the door only enough to shower her face. She quickly noticed my gun and her eyes grew wide, only relaxing a little when I showed her my badge.

"I'm looking for Maeve and Tobias Reid, I'm their mother." I told her.

She looked between my face, my badge, and my gun. "I'm sorry, can I just confirm your name with our records?"

I nodded. "Just, please tell me, has anyone threatened you or my children within the past few days?"

"No, nothing. May I ask what this is about?" She asked, grabbing a binder near the door with the kids' information.

"My children may be in danger, that's all I can tell you right now."

She looked concerned but nodded. She found Maeve and Tobias's profiles, matching my information with the information on the page.

"Everything is clear, would you like me to bring them out here or would you like to come in?" She opened the door a little more. "They're working on crafts right now."

"I'd like to come in, if that's alright." I took my hand off my gun and pulled my jacket over it, then stepped inside.

Immediately, Maeve spotted me and ran over, trying to climb me as she gave me a big hug.

"Mommy, what are you doing at school?" She asked.

Tobias also came over, scrambling for my attention. I knelt to whisper to the both of them.

"Mom's going to take you on a special field trip with Uncle Derek, okay?" I told them. "We get to go visit Dad at work!"

They smiled and jumped with excitement, running to gather their things. I stood and turned back to the teacher, who was ushering the other students back to their work.

"I'm sorry about scaring you," I said. "Kids in preschool and working in the FBI isn't the most comfortable combination."

"You're not the only FBI parents we have, Agent," she smiled. "It's not my first time, and we've all been through training to protect the kids."

Maeve and Tobias returned, still giddy with excitement.

"I'll sign them out at the front," I told the teacher.

***

"I want Deanna in protective custody," I told Spencer as we walked towards Hotch's office. "For my sake, if not hers."

He nodded, "I'll call her, coordinate with the local office."

Expand the circle.

Children. Ex-partners. Possibly parents.

His eyes were locked on mine.

"Spencer, your mom," I turned, "Check on her, I'll call Deanna."

His eyes flashed with fear and he nodded.

"She didn't tell him about the entire plan."

"She's playing towards her endgame on the side."

I almost dropped my phone scrambling to call Deanna.

"Mom?" She answered. "What's wrong this time?"

"Deanna, Hotch is being threatened, and I think you're next." I leaned against the wall, trying not to collapse. "Please, I want you to go to the local FBI office, I'll call them and get you in protective custody. We already picked up the kids."

"Why would I be in danger?"

I took a shaky breath. "I- The person who kidnapped Spencer escaped and is threatening Hotch."

"What do I do?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 5.2K 30
you always saw spencer as an innocent soul. but as he starts falling for you, you start to see a different man. lets rephrase that, you start to see...
184 0 21
Trigger Warning What happens when you meet the love of your life but the world doesn't want you two together.
1.5K 85 39
WARNING! THE SEQUEL TO THIS IS DISCONTINUED! ALTHOUGH IT ISNT ENTIRELY IMPORTANT TO THE STORY LINE HERE... I apologize in advance if you were looking...
177 104 14
This is a continuation of "I Failed Didn't I?" Gabby is finding a new beginning in life after the domino of unfortunate events, but that doesn't mean...