The Devil's touch

By Vlovers19

A coming of age romance fanfic. Taehyung's friend and neighbor since childhood Park Jimin is literally a devi... More

Prelude
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty two
Thirty three.
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty Six /Final Chapter/

Twenty One

1.4K 125 61
By Vlovers19

Taehyung took up a part time job at a bakery while Jimin helped his father in his work shop.

To Jimin's surprise, his parents actually kept to their word. His mother was really working for a wealthy family and his father had established a client base with his business. Things were finally looking up. All his years slaving away for the family were finally over. For a while, it seemed like a dream but the reality gradually started to sink in.

It had been more than a week since they returned home. Jimin hadn't seen Taehyung. Though, they both kept in touch with each other through text but within that time, there wasn't a day that went by when Taehyung wasn't reminded by his parents to stay away from Jimin. Seeing him in itself was very difficult. They lived in a small town. The kind of town where everyone knew everyone. If they met publicly, the news was bound to spread around so they were very careful.

One particular morning, Jimin and his father were leaving for the workshop. On their way, they spotted Taehyung coming the opposite direction.

Jimin instantly froze and began to adjust his hair unaware of the amusing smile litting up his father's face.

Taehyung saw them and bowed respectfully to Mr Park.

The old man nodded, smiling warmly "How are you doing dear? Are your studies fine?"

"It's going well"

"Why don't you come over and see us sometime?"

The uncomfortable expression on Taehyung's face was enough answer so the man didn't push it. Sensing the awkwardness building up, he arched his brows. "Are you off to work?"

Mr Park said "Yes we are."

Taehyung smiled shyly at Jimin. "Hi!"

The latter's face reddened. "Hi!"

"See you then. I'll be late for work"

Taehyung waved and walked away. Mr Park smiled to himself as he noticed the love struck expression on Jimin's face while he watched Taehyung walk away.

"You like him" He said.

Jimin's legs became jelly. Nothing could describe his shock at that moment. "what...like Taehyung...why would I? How can i? We are friends..."

He kept blabbering making Mr Park smile harder.

"It's obvious son. I know because it didn't just start all of a sudden. It had always been there since a long time. I always noticed it with the way you look at him like he's the most precious thing in the world"

Jimin fell silent and looked down at his feet. Hearing his father's words made him cringe so hard within him but he struggled to mantain a calm appearance. Mr Park pressed his hand on his shoulder.

"He's a good boy and I like how you've changed. I'm sure he's the reason for it"

Jimin blushed.

"I won't judge you. Just because I brought you into this world doesn't mean I have the right to make decisions for you. You are your own person"

"If you really like Taehyung and you want him to be a part of your life, I won't stand in your way and I'm sure your mother will agree with me. We have always been very open minded about your sexuality but...."

Jimin's heart trembled as Mr Park continued "There's still Taehyung's parents. Now, they look at our family as a bunch of nobodies. They'll never allow you to date Taehyung. They have built a wall around their son but even if you break it down, what's the guarantee that Taehyung will step out of that broken wall and take your hand"

Jimin stared at his father confused. "What do you mean?"

"You have two options"

Jimin listened attentively.

"You either go for it or you abandon it. I'm sure you understand what I mean by that"

Jimin was quiet the entire day. After working for hours in his father's shop, Jay and Soonyoung invited him out to have a drink later that day but he was all moody.

"Man, are you okay?" Jay asked.

Jimin sighed sipping his drink. He smacked his lips."Tell me, how do you tell someone you've been friends with your whole life that you're in love with them"

Soonyoung shrugged. "You just tell them"

"What are you boys talking about?"

The three boys jumped up in fright and turned around to see Lala looking down at them with a heavy frown on her face.

"Who do you want to confess to Jimin?"

Without giving the other chance to talk, she burst out into bitter laughter. "What happened to you Mochi? You used to be the indestructible player. The bad boy with the biggest game. The only one that can make a bad chick like me go down on her knees"

She scoffed. "But now, look at you" She eyed him. " you've become a sissy. You hardly hang around with us! It's only until we drag you with us"

She threw her hands in the air dejectedly. "where's the party man? Where are the chicks? The guys? The sex? the booze? Where are the drugs?"

Soonyoung shook his head "You won't understand Lala. There comes a time in a man's life when he has to reflect..."

"Bullshit! That's super boring. I live for the high life. Not this...okay..."

Her phone suddenly rang. She brought it out and looked at the caller ID. Seeing it made her frown harder. She cut the call.

"Yah Lala who's that?"

Lala rolled her eyes. "Just a nerdy looser I have been enduring since last semester. I tried dumping the guy but he just won't let me breathe. He keeps bothering me cause he lost his virginity to me"

They all stared at her

"You're heartless. A Really bad girle!" Soonyoung said laughing lightly.

Lala tossed her pigtails with one hand. "who cares? I didn't force him to fall in love with me"

Then she turned to Jimin. "Get your head in the game. If it's about that stuck up boy Taehyung then just forget about him. He's from a different world than us. I know it's hard but that's the painful truth"

She suddenly bounced on his lap looking happier than she had been a second ago.

"Why don't we hook up again. You've been so distant lately"

Jimin gently pushed her away from him and stood up. He took a big gulp of alcohol in a cup and wiped his mouth.

"I'll see you later guys" he simply said. Completely ignoring Lala, he walked away leaving a tensed atmosphere behind him.

Jimin had his hands in his pocket as he came out of the bar. He wanted to be by himself indulging in a peaceful atmosphere. At that moment, nothing bothered him. He wasn't even thinking about Taehyung. He was just enjoying being by himself when suddenly, his eyes caught something.

He stood still gazing up at a sign poster on the wall. Looking at the poster, an idea formed in his mind and he found his face litting up into a beautiful smile.

***********
It was evening. Taehyung sat on his bed, his mind far away. He was troubled especially after the revelation he received that day.

Flash back.

Taehyung was at work. He had been working for some hours and was presently on his shift when someone entered into the shop. His heart sped quickly when he recognized Jiyeon. She was dressed casually and looking as pretty as always when she entered. As he looked at her now, Taehyung couldn't understand what had attracted him to her in the first place. Nothing would have made him like her despite all her good looks. It was simply because he thought she was his first love that he fell over heels for her but when he thought of that, there was something he needed to confirm from her first

Jiyeon froze as soon as she saw him but she immediately composed herself and planted a smile on her face

"It's nice seeing you again. You work here?"

Taehyung nodded gravely. "Yes...is there anything I can get for you?"

"Strawberry ice cream. Two please"

Taehyung raised his eye brows. "I guess one is for someone else"

Jiyeon laughed awkwardly. "You guessed correctly. He's waiting outside. We are meeting my parents."

Taehyung simply nodded.

Not like he wanted to know

He prepared her order then handed it to her. She smiled sincerely as she took it.

"Thank you"

She paused looking some what saddened. "I'm really sorry about how things ended between us"

Taehyung sighed. "It's okay. I've already forgotten about it"

Jiyeon gave a tight smile and was just about to go when Taehyung called her back

"Jiyeon, actually I need to confirm something from you"

Jiyeon was quite curious over what he was going to ask her.

"Go ahead"

Taehyung took a deep breath. "Jiyeon, three years ago, tell me honestly, was it really not you who kissed me that day at the hospital"

Jiyeon seemed quite amused as she shook her head. "It was definitely not me. I'm sorry Taehyung"

"It's alright but can you please tell me if you saw someone else that day. You were the only one who visited me. Was there someone else that came by"

The expression on Jiyeon's face suddenly brightened like someone who had just discovered a hidden treasure.

"Yes...I remember now. I wasn't the only person there that day. There was one other person. It was Jimin"

Flash back ends

Now, here he was, having a headache as he stared at the images of him and Taehyung on his phone particularly the one they took at the resort. So many voice resounded in his ears.

Jimin likes you

I remember now. There was one other person I saw that day. It was Jimin

That kiss they shared at the resort. The familiar feeling that coursed through his veins during that moment.

But then, panic also spread through him. What if it was true? What if it was Jimin? Could he handle it? Could he handle being with someone like him. What would happen next? He was scared. Really scared. He didn't have the courage and he wasn't so sure of his feelings yet.

Why are you running? Is it really that bad that he is?

Jungkook's voice interrupted his thoughts again.

Taehyung shook his head. He had to forget about this and move on but he couldn't. He was still agonizing over that problem when his phone rang. He looked at his phone and swallowed hard. The very person he was thinking of just called him now. He gathered enough courage and answered the call.

"Hey..."

"Come out..."

Jimin was surprised "What?"

"I don't know how you're going to do it but sneak out right now. I'll be waiting outside your window "

"What the fuck?" Taehyung was completely shocked. "what's gotten into you. You know I can't do that! What if someone sees us..."

Jimin scoffed. "Who cares? We aren't kids anymore. If someone sees us, they can think whatever they want. Right now, I need you to come out. There's somewhere you have to be"

Taehyung really hated being put on the spot like this but despite that, he couldn't find it within himself to despise the other. He looked through the window and sure enough, Jimin was outside waiting. When he saw him, he waved. Taehyung shook his head.

"Crazy... he's crazy" he muttered.

Still, he found himself getting prepared. He found himself tiptoeing towards the front and push open the door to come out of the house. He ran towards Jimin and as soon as the latter saw him, he grabbed his hand and they both started running together.

"What the hell Jimin? Where are you taking me to?"

"You'll see" Jimin answered with a bright smile on his face.

They were still running when a car driving past them, screeched to a halt and started honking at them to gain his attention. Jimin rolled his eyes when he recognized his friends including Lala.

Jay who was driving the car ran a hand through his white bleached hair smiling smugly.

"Where the hell are you two running off to? Are you finally eloping?"

Soonyoung laughed but Lala squeezed her face eyeing their joined hands.

"Don't mind us. Just go your way"

"It's still early. We can drop you guys wherever you're off to"

Jimin sighed knowing they wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Alright...fine"

He told them the place they were going to and led Taehyung inside the car. They shared the back seat with Lala and throughout the drive, she kept fussing around, making the seating arrangement quite uncomfortable.

It took twenty minutes till they arrived at the place which happened to be a field packed with people. Not just ordinary people, people carrying musical instruments.

They all got down from the car staring with awe at everything around them. People were peforming songs. Some in groups, others alone. There were large number of people watching some people playing instruments and singing.

It was becoming night time and the entire field was lit up with fancy lights of different colors. It was so bright, it looked like a carnival. It was actually a music festival where musicians both known and unknown came to share their music. It was also a place where musical proteges scouted for new talents. They even recognize some well known people in the entertainment circle and it blew their minds.

Taehyung pinched Jimin's arm.

"Ouch..."

He turned to look at him with a pained expression on his face.

"Why did you bring me here?"

Jimin laughed. "Isn't it amazing"

Taehyung stiffened " I can't be here. Take me back home now"

Jimin frowned. "No!"

Taehyung ran his hand over his hair impatiently "Take me home now!"

"No! I won't!" Jimin yelled. Taehyung was surprised at his forceful tone. The other three looked at them with concern but Jimin just grabbed Taehyung's arm locking eyes with him.

"Stop running" he whispered.

Taehyung froze.

"What happened four years ago wasn't your fault. You shouldn't live with the regrets that came with that year. Stop running from who you really are. Stop running....from me"

Tears formed in Taehyung's eyes.

"What happened to that child? What happened to that lively child who sang and played on his guitar as if it was the last thing he would ever do? I really want to see that child again"

Taehyung broke down, sobbing uncontrollably. Jimin simply embraced him patting his back softly.

"It's okay..."

"It's been so hard." Taehyung cried, his eyes red from tears. Jimin pulled him away and made him face him. Wiping his eyes with his fingers, he smiled.

"Now it's time for you to be yourself. You can't loose this opportunity to let it all out and sing for your self"

Taehyung nodded. "But I'm rusty and I haven't played in three years. I don't even know what to play"

Jimin smiled. "Why don't you play the song you sang for me on that rooftop"

Taehyung smiled. "You remember?"

"I do"

Jimin talked to a man beside him holding a guitar. He gave him some bills and the man let his guitar go temporarily. Jimin handed Taehyung the guitar.

"Start whenever you're ready"

Taehyung gripped the guitar tightly, his hand trembling. He hadn't played in a while and a number of eyes were already staring at him but then he looked up and saw Jimin looking at him. He didn't know how but he gained courage and stringed the first key and a beautiful melody echoed around him.

He started slowly at first until he picked up the tempo. He played the tune and when he opened his mouth to sing, it was like he was reborn. He sang with all his might. The feeling that only music could give him flooded his heart and he lost himself to the melody, to the song but most especially to his eyes.

When the song came to an end, loud cheers sorrounded him. Jay, Soonyoung and even Lala were clapping completely amazed but Jimin had a thumbs up sign to him and it was right there at that exact moment, staring at him that the realization struck him. All his doubts, his worries, confusions, all  disappeared at that moment. Why had he been running for so long? Why had he been holding back? No matter how bad of a person Jimin was, he had always been by his side. He had always been right there through the bad, the good and the ugly. Was he scared of falling for a person like him? Yes he was, very much but did that matter? What mattered was no one could treat him better than Jimin. No one cared even half the way he did, for himself, for his dream. It may be true that Jimin likes him but the truth was he had been denying his own feelings this whole time.

He likes Jimin too. He really really likes him and he wants to be with him. Today made it so clear. He didn't care anymore if he was or wasn't his first love. The thought of his parents didn't even cross his mind because at that moment, It felt like the shackles binding him all these years was removed and he was finally set free.

His head was blank and his body moved on his own. The guitar slowly slipped from his hand landing softly to the ground as he walked straight towards a wide eyed Jimin and without thinking, grabbed his face and kissed him.

The cheers died down. Shock filled everyone. Lala stared in disbelief at what she was witnessing, her body trembling so much she fell to the ground. The guys beside her nodded their heads, mixture of shock and surprise on their faces.

Jimin who was unprepared at first, finally wrapped his arm around Taehyung and kissed him back deeply, as the latter's arm went round his neck pulling them closer to each other.

The kiss was intense, so intense that some on lookers couldn't help feeling embarrassed but the two didn't care. They didn't care about any thing or anyone else, they didn't care what people would think seeing them in that situation. They were simply lost in their own world. When they finally separated, they leaned their foreheads against each other having eased the pent up longing within them then Taehyung whispered into the other's lips "it's you. It's really you"

Thanks so much for reading. Lots of love to you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 3.4K 72
The year he was fifteen, Park Jimin realized he was gay, and that he fell in love with a hot guy the same gender he was! Jimin spied on the other's o...
145K 4.9K 65
Yoongi is normal student living in Seoul with his older brother and parents. He is your typical good and sweet boy. He doesn't have much friends ju...
127K 3K 23
(I mean no disrespect to Bts and big hit I just wrote this for fun) Warning ⚠️: This was my first story I ever wrote and it's super cringy and I hate...
8.4K 258 40
Heyy guys!!! This is my very first fanfiction ever!!! I hope that you guys will like it:) ...