PROSPERITY.

By torixteni

prosperity /prɒˈspɛrɪti/ noun 1. the state of being prosperous. "a long period of peace and prosperity" She's... More

p r o l o g u e
z e r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e

f o u r

116 20 8
By torixteni

Prosper Vixen Isiah

PROSPER ESCAPED THE DOORS OF HER APARTMENT BLOCK seeing Saffron's white range parked outside of it. There was another girl sat in the passenger side, deep into her phone. She was unimaginably stunning. Her complexion matched Prosper's and she had blonde highlights in her straight, glossy black hair.

"Hey girl!" Prosper made her presence clear as she opened up the door to the backseat.

"Hey babe, you look good." Saffron smiled genuinely. Prosper had a new glow to her.

"Thank you, so do you."

"Prosper this T'Nelia. T'Nelia meet Prosper." (tuh-nee-lia).

"Hey it's nice to meet you!" T'Nelia said as she finally looked up from her phone taking notice of the girl in the back of the car. She looked familiar but T'Nelia couldn't pinpoint where she had seen this girl before.

Prosper greeted her back with a quick hey, showing off her beautiful smile. After the introductions, they made their way to the motive.

Once they got outside, they could tell that the motive was going to be live. The place was already packed with people making their way into the modern apartment blocks.

"Who's throwing this party?" Prosper asked glancing over at Saffron.

"Lavish and some of his boys."  Prosper nodded her head in acknowledgement, making sure that she stilled looked good. The trio hopped out of the car as Prosper pulled down her dress, which had ridden up her legs.

"Let's take some picture before we go in." announced T'Nelia so the girls did just that.

Many pictures later, they all made their way up to the apartment in which the party was being thrown at. Saffron knocked on the door, behind the door was Lavish, who had been previously entertaining some guest. Then, he opened up the door.

Prosper took some time to take him in, acknowledging how good he looked. He had on a palm angels t-shirt on followed by black cargo pants and white airforces with a navy blue Gucci jacket to top it all of. He stepped to the side allowing the girls to walk in.

Scanning the room, Prosper took in all the unfamiliar faces. Her anxiety levels were starting to peak, whilst she tried her best to keep them at bay.

Unexpectedly, Lavish placed his arm around Prosper's shoulder, startling her. She slyly smiled to herself as they were on route to where Lavish's boys were situated.

"Who's this little lady?"

Looking up Prosper was completely shocked at how attractive all of them were.

"Prosper this is Menace, Mentz and Fado." (fay-dough)

Prosper could recognise Menace, he was Saffron's brother. But for the other two, she didn't have a clue where they were from. One was fair-toned with a low cut and light-green orbs. He looked up at her and gave her a head nod.

The other one, who she guessed was Mentz, was dark-skinned with a full beard that connected to his side burns who also adorned chocolate brown orbs. He spudded her, in which she returned.

"Do you want a drink?" Lavish asked her.

"Yes please!" she said almost too enthusiastically. Prosper was dying for that drink. It was the only thing that would calm her nerves and let get loose.

Lavish dragged the two of them to the bar, where there was an array of drinks. Pausing on the way, as Lavish received greetings left and right from everybody he walked past.

He was named as the local 'hood celebrity'. One of the baitest in ends.

Prosper watched him as he poured the bottle of tequila into a cup for both of them. He handed her the cup, which she took almost instantly.

"How you doing darling?" Lavish asked as he leaned casually against the bar, their eyes connecting with one another.

"I've been good,you?" she said meekly as felt a flood of nerves swallow her. She quickly broke the intense stare contest between the two of them, looking down into her half- full cup. Taking a sip from it, leaving a lipstick stain on the edge of it.

"Mans calm still! You nervous?" he said as a smirk graced his face.

Prosper looked back up at him and shook her head.

"Words. Use your words."

"No, i'm not nervous." But she was and her nervous state kept growing as she felt his harsh stare on her causing her to fidget in her spot.

He hummed in response. Lavish always got what he wanted. Lavish knew what he wanted. Prosper. He would make sure that he got her. But is that what she wanted?

They made it back to where the others were situated. They had been graced with a new face. She was perched on Fado's lap and they seemed to be whispering incoherent words into each other's ear.

Prosper took her seat beside Saffron, who was caught up in  taking snaps on her phone. T'Nelia joining her.

They chilled for the majority of the night, letting loose, playing stupid games and vibing to the music. Everyone was pretty much waved except from Saffron, their designated driver.

The party had quickly come to an end and Prosper could truly say that she had enjoyed herself for once.

All of them got ready to leave making sure they didn't forget anything. Yasmin stopped Prosper before she could leave out of the door. Prosper had gotten to learn that Yasmin was Fado's longtime girlfriend.

She was a beautiful middle-eastern girl, and was an infamous south-london nail tech. They had gotten pretty close tonight. Prosper may have just found herself a brand new friend.

"Hey girl, let me get your number." she said as she handed Prosper her phone.

"Of course!" Prosper stated as she typed in her number, handing Yasmin her phone back.

"Call me later!" she shouted as she made her way outside, where Saffron, T'nelia  and Lavish were standing outside near the car.

Prosper walked up to them as they were finishing their conversation. Saffron and T'nelia  made their way into the ca. Leaving Lavish and Prosper standing outside.

"You enjoyed yourself, yeah?" he asked looking down at her.

"Yeah, it was fun. Thank you for having me." she smiled with a small smile planted on her face.

"Don't worry about it darling." he liked how proper she was. It amused him. He opened the door to Saffron's car letting her into the backseat.

"Get home safe." she told him.

"I will." he said but not before giving her a side hug, then closing the door.

Prosper looked forward seeing that Saffron was looking at her through the mirror.

"What?" she said squinting her eyes at her.

"Oh nothing, nothing!" Saffron stated putting her keys in and starting the car.

Twenty minutes later, she walked through the door to her apartment. Not hesitating to kick off her shoes.

She let out a sigh of relief as she made her  way to the bathroom. Grabbing a makeup wipe, clearing her face from any small smudge of makeup. She tied her hair up, putting on her bonnet.

Switching of her light, she made her way to the beloved bedroom. Grateful to be in the warmth of her own home.

As her head hit her pillow, she felt a wave of fatigue wash over her, her head turned over to the alarm clock that sat on top of her bedside table. The alarm clock read 02:30am in bright red letters.

Even with all of the exhaustion that she felt, she still found it hard to simply close her eyes and drift away.

For Prosper, it was going to be another sleepless night of tossing and turning. She groaned, slamming the soft, pure white pillow over her face as she screamed into it.

Prosper looked over at the sleeping pills that resided right next to her alarm clock. She hated them but it was only thing that would help her. However, she did not want to be weary all day. Going against it she threw the pills against her wall, watching as they scattered and fell onto the wooden floor.

Prosper glanced over at her phone which laid beside her. She figured that if she just scrolled through it she was bound to fall asleep. As she scrolled through her direct messages she noticed a message from Lavish.

How did he even find her insta?

She clicked on the message. Curious as to what he wanted.

Lavish💎
hey b

Me
hey
how did you find my insta?

He replied rather quickly. He must have been struggling to sleep as well.

Lavish💎
you're kinda bait on socials
you're not a hard girl to find

Me
oh cool
how you feelin

Lavish💎
i'd feel better if you'd send man your number

Me
my number?

Lavish💎
that's what i said right

Prosper couldn't help but to roll her eyes. Mostly at herself rather than him. She couldn't believe that she was actually considering it. Normally she would air but she was actually considering it.

Me
fine
+447586288391 (idk if this is a real number)

Lavish💎
cool
i'll call you

Almost instantly, Prosper received a phone call from an unknown number. She picked the call up straight away seeing he was face timing her.

"Hey sweetness" the smile had graced her face before she could even stop it.

"Hey"

And just like that the conversation went on for hours. Talking about random things. Things so irrelevant that they wouldn't even remember in the morning. But still they chatted for hours up until they both finally rested their eyes. Little did they know that this was the start of their blossoming relationship.

Would this be for better or for worse?

-torixteni

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.8K 62
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...