Under The Mistletoe

By NightTime_Storiexs

Hope Kingston. She calls him Asshole. Hope has just come back to her hometown after 2 years in New York and m... More

1| Lie low
2| Rumor
3| Hurt
4| Truce
5| Sickness
6| God
7| Pretend
8| Secrecy
9| Surprised
10| Nostalgic
11| Commence
12| Flash
13| Flipped
14| Stupid
15| Instinct
16| Pleading
17| Sneaky
18| Promised
19| Ignited
20| Regret
21| Complicated
22| Freak
23| Date
24| Arcade
25| Mistress
26| Guilt
27| Wish
29| Santa's helper
30| Tipsy
31| Space
32| Uncountable
33| Epilogue
NEW BOOK

28| Crooked

5K 245 10
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 28: Crooked (Blake's POV)

"He's your boyfriend?" James asked, slightly surprised. 

She nodded in response while I asked, "Why is that so surprising to you?" She elbowed my ribs gently and I tried keeping a lid on it. 

"She was never one to date back in New York. I didn't expect her to change her mind coming back here." 

"I guess it was more about the people there then," I shrugged. 

She cleared her throat, "Actually, it was just about one person." She dug her elbow further into my side. 

"So you did know him before coming to New York?" James asked. 

"I've known him my whole life. And liked him for it," she shrugged. 

He nodded, "Makes sense. At least now I know why you never gave me a chance," he chuckled. She gave him a sorry smile. "I should go, I'm here to babysit cousins, anyway. See you around," he nodded before leaving. 

She let out a breath while I rolled my eyes. She linked her arm with mine as we walked to the counter, I paid, and we took back our shoes. While we sat to pull on our shoes, my glare was fixated on James who was watching a group of kids from outside the skating rink. 

"Blake," she said, hitting my arm. I sighed, turning to her. "You're my boyfriend?" she asked. 

"Yes," I nodded. She tried not to smile but she failed horribly. "Yes, I am your fucking boyfriend." 

"You just sound jealous to me," she smirked. I glared at her and she put her hands up in surrender before grabbing either side of my face and kissing me. "All yours," she reminded me. 

"I thought people don't belong to people," I said, looking at her with raised eyebrows. 

"They don't. But sometimes people feel more secure when they think that they do. And anyway," she shrugged. "I don't have a problem being yours. But then that means you're mine." 

"Of course, I am." 

"Fair enough," she grinned, tying up her laces. I glanced at James while standing up. "I really wanted to make his crooked nose even more crooked," I said as we walked out. 

"His nose is crooked?" she asked in confusion. "I never noticed." 

"Good thing you didn't notice," I scoffed. 

"Blake," she said pointedly. "Come on. Cut it out." I sighed in defeat, both of us climbing into my car. After a while, she said, "Yeah, his nose is kind of crooked." I gave her an 'are you serious?' look when we stopped at a light. "I'm kidding. It is crooked though, I just never realized it till you said it. Sorry, sorry," she laughed, hugging my arm. 

I pulled my arm out of hers and put my hand on the wheel. 

"Blake," she whined, tugging at my arm. The light turned green and she stopped pestering me for the sake of our safety. When I pulled over in front of her house and didn't turn the car off, she turned to me. "Blake, come on," she pleaded. 

I'm not mad at her. But it's amusing seeing her like this. 

She leaned forward and turned the car off, taking the keys out and putting them in her pocket. I turned to her with a blank face, hoping she'd give me the keys back. She sighed in defeat, putting them in the cupholder. "Blake, I was kidding. I don't pay attention to him or his crooked nose, I swear," she groaned. I watched her. "I do pay attention to you and your non-crooked nose. Please, come on," she whined, tugging at my arm. 

"I have to go home," I lied, grabbing the keys. 

"Blake!" She snatched them out of my hand and put them back in the cupholder. I was looking down at the keys when she grabbed my face and forced me to look at her. "Sorry," she whispered. She hasn't got anything to apologize for. I arched a brow at her sharply. Her thumb brushed my cheek and she slowly leaned in, pulling away at the last second when her lips brushed against mine. 

I groaned, shooting her a glare and she started laughing. I grabbed her throat and pulled her forward. She started smiling while grabbing my hand and pulling it down. "I thought you're mad at me," she whispered. 

"I am," I lied. 

"But you still want to kiss me?" she asked. 

"Yes," I answered. 

Her eyes trailed up and down my face, stopping when they met mine. "Go ahead," she whispered with a smile. I leaned forward, pressing my lips to hers. She pulled away minutes later, looking at me with confusion. "Are you still leaving?" 

"I really have to go home. Kimberley's by herself too and I can't be leaving her home alone so much." 

"She's nearly fifteen, Blake." 

"But she's my sister," I sighed. 

She nodded slowly in understanding. "Okay, fair enough. Can I come with you?" 

"Would you like to?" 

"Yes," she grinned. 

"Okay," I chuckled, starting the car and driving her to my house. When we got inside, Kimberley was sitting on the couch, talking to someone on the phone. "Who is that?" I asked. 

"Nobody," she shrugged. 

Hope and I looked at each other knowingly. She walked over to Kimberley, sitting down beside her. "Is it Scott?" she sang tauntingly. 

"No, it's Amy," Kimberley rolled her eyes. 

Hope narrowed her eyes at Kimmy before shaking her head. "It's Scott," she said walking up to me. "Let them be. Please," she chuckled. 

'Please?' Kimberley mouthed. 

Hope had her hands on my shoulders and was pushing me up to my room before I could get a word out. She closed my bedroom door as we entered and plopped down on my bed while I took my jacket off. "I should have stopped to change," she mumbled while lying down, staring out the window. She rolled off the bed, going to my desk, and sitting in the chair, staring out the window, watching my neighbor, Mr. Christopher, and his daughter, she's about six years old. They were walking their dog together. 

I threw my pants off, switching them out for sweatpants, and then threw my hoodie off. She turned back to me when they passed my house, grinning while checking me out as I looked for a shirt. "Do you want a change of clothes? If you're not comfortable in that?" I asked, turning to her while grabbing a black v-neck for myself. 

"Yeah, sure," she replied, her eyes trained on my body. 

"And would you like a cold shower? You look like you need it." 

"Yeah," she said absentmindedly. I grabbed another t-shirt, tossing it at her face. She clicked her tongue, pulling it down and holding her chin in her palm, her elbow on the armrest while staring at me. "I'm allowed to stare, aren't I?" 

I scoffed, shaking my head and pulling my shirt over my head, straightening it out. 

She frowned, standing up and walking over. "I need sweatpants," she said. I grabbed one with drawstrings for her and handed them to her. She started going to the bathroom but I blocked her way. "What?" she asked in confusion. 

"I got dressed in front of you, your turn." 

"What?" she chuckled. I shrugged at her. "Okay, but I didn't look when you were putting your pants on. So, how about you let me go in there to do that, and then I'll come out?" she smirked. 

"Do I look stupid to you?" 

"Do you really want me to answer that?" She laughed while I pushed her towards my bathroom, snatching the shirt away. "Blake," she deadpanned. 

"Go, come out in just the sweatpants and then I'll give you the shirt." 

"Blake," she scoffed, trying to snatch it. I laughed, holding it up above her head. "Fine," she shrugged. 

"Fine," I said mockingly. 

She went inside, closing the door behind her, and came back out moments later in my sweatpants and her own sweater. "It wasn't the sweater that was uncomfortable," she sang tauntingly. I rolled my eyes, tossing the shirt back in the closet. "That doesn't mean I don't want your shirt," she deadpanned. I arched a brow at her, grabbing it and handing it to her again. "By the way, who was your neighbor?" she asked. 

"They moved in around eight months ago, it's just Mr. Christopher with his six-year-old daughter and dog," I answered while she put the pants she was wearing earlier on my desk chair. 

"They're a cute family," she said, turning to me. 

I nodded in agreement, sitting down on the edge of my bed. "Yeah, they are." 

She sighed, grabbing the hem of her sweater and pulling it off her head without warning. My eyes widened while I stared. And trust me when I say I couldn't look away even if I tried. 

She is so fucking breathtaking.

She chuckled, grabbing the t-shirt from beside me. 

"Can I get a minute?" I asked, grabbing onto it. 

"For what?" she asked, her cheeks turning pink. 

"To look. I gave you time," I shot her a pointed look. 

She rolled her eyes spinning in a circle and doing a curtsey before taking the shirt and pulling it on.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 28

when a boy appreciates a girls body >>>>>>>

next chapter: Santa's helper

also... I studied today

wtf

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
89.5K 2.2K 53
"𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬. 𝐄𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲." - "𝐈'...
2.7K 129 78
"The more people you let in,the more chances of them walking out." "I will never walk out on you",Jamie said placing his index finger under my chin a...
7.9K 285 34
Highest rank: #208 high school sweethearts Meet Avery White. Her parents are loaded, and she has the perfect life. She doesn't know it but she's beyo...