The Bird and the Bee (BNHA Fa...

By CountSharkula

Hachi Honeycomb, a boy with a bee quirk, wants to be a great hero just like his parents. So his mother and fa... More

Character Introductions
IMPORTANT
Song Playlist
Chapter 1 - A Bee's Journey to Japan
Chapter 2 - The New House And A New Neighbour
Chapter 3 - The First Day at UA
Chapter 4 - The Quirk Apprehension Test
Chapter 5 - English and Friendships
Chapter 6 - Battle Training
Chapter 7 - Trip to the Infirmary
Chapter 8 - Get in Loser, We're going shopping!
Villain Introductions (Version 1)
Chapter 9 - Sound the Alarms!
Chapter 10 - Attack at the USJ Pt.1
Chapter 11 - Attack at the USJ Pt.2
Chapter 12 - The USJ Aftermath Pt.1
Chapter 13 - The USJ Aftermath Pt.2
*Halloween Special*
*Christmas Special*
Author's Note
Chapter 15 - The Sports Festival
Chapter 16 - The Cavalry Battle
Author's Note
Chapter 17 - Lunch Time Shenanigans
Chapter 18 - The 1v1 Battles, Hachi vs Mina
Chapter 19 - The 1v1 Battles Continue
Chapter 20 - Hero Names
Chapter 21 - The Insecta Hero Agency
Chapter 22 - Patrol Gone Wrong
Chapter 23 - The Plan
Chapter 24 - The Mission
Chapter 25 - Training and The Letters
Chapter 26 - A New English Class
Chapter 27 - Assessment Prep
Chapter 28 - The Assessment
Chapter 29 - Pool Time With The Girls
Fun News!!!
Chapter 30 - Bus Buddies
Chapter 31 - A (relatively) Peaceful Bus Ride
Chapter 32 - The Forest of Stone Beasts
Chapter 33 - Hot Springs
Chapter 34 - Hellish Training
Chapter 35 - Training Camp Chaos
Chapter 36 - Sure Is One Way To Test Our Courage!
Chapter 37 - A Despair-filled Reunion
Chapter 38 - Betrayal
UPDATE
Chapter 39 - A Devious Escapade
Chapter 40 - The Blood of a Honeycomb
Chapter 41 - Paint and Laundry
Chapter 42 - Monsters Together
Chapter 43 - Yea, no, you would have won...

Chapter 14 - A Totally Epic Training Montage

1.1K 38 2
By CountSharkula

Japanese - "Normal Text"

English - "Bold"

Thoughts - 'Italics' (Only in 3rd person scenarios)

Sign Language - 'Normal Text'

<No-One's POV>

      At long last, things were beginning to seem much more normal at UA High School. Most of the panic from the villain attack had died down, and a lot of the people who were injured during the event were doing far better. Hachi was no longer on his horrifying drug high, but was still unable to fly for a while. 

     The bee had caused a lot of ruckus that day he demanded to go into school. So much so that he ended up being taken home much earlier than planned. He was still injured after all, and needed to get some actual rest. This also meant that most of the class didn't really get much of an opportunity to talk to Mantis and Moth Man. Though they were a bit sad about that, they were far more concerned with Hachi's well being.

     In more current times, due to the upcoming UA Sports Festival most of the classes were given the day to do their own personal training. Other classes like the Support Course were given the time to work on their inventions and machines that would help them during the event.

     Unsurprisingly, Hachi and his little crew all decided to train together for a while, before splitting off to do some solo workouts.

     The boys spent the first half of their day doing some work outs at the UA gym. Hachi worked on trying to build up some muscle by lifting some weights, and Shoji worked on his speed and endurance on the treadmill. The others did more of a mixture of both workouts. 

     During this time, many other students came in and out of the gym. A few of the girls form 1A spent a lot of time there too, unsurprisingly stalked by Mineta. The dirty little grape, however, was promptly dealt with by Hachi.

     Many other people from different classes also showed up. Monoma arrived with his usually smug grin and horrendous personality, only to be knocked out by the large hand of the law, also known as the class president of 1B, Kendo. But he, unfortunately, didn't stay out for long. The second he woke up he started running his mouth to all of the 1A students present, challenging them to a contest. 

     This quickly got on everyone's nerves and most people in the room were on the verge of committing an aggravated assault. After a while, they decided to humour the annoying blond.

"Fine! I'll join your stupid competition if you'll just shut up and stop pestering us!!" The bee agrees in annoyance.

     Monoma agrees to leave them alone once they've had their little competition (but we all know that he probably wouldn't keep to that statement). Most of the others at the gym decided to join in since it seemed like a fun idea and would make for some pretty good training.

     Monoma and Hachi had a battle on the treadmills. The rules were simple, who could run on it longer. Quirk usage was banned and the speeds were on the same settings. And to no one's surprise, Hachi won. The bee had way too much stamina and agility to lose in a battle of endurance.

     Shoji and Kendo went up against each other in a weight lifting challenge. It was a pretty close competition, but ultimately, Shoji managed to clinch the win by lifting the heaviest weight. 

     Soon the commotion had brought a bunch of other students from the two classes over to the gym. More mini competitions broke out. They even moved out of the gym and to different areas. 

     There was a race between Iida and Pony. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu had a battle to test who could withstand the most blows from their other classmates. Tons of other little battles went down, eventually it got to the point when everyone forgot about training or the larger competition going on. But soon their fun came to an end when they were kicked out of their location for being too loud and causing too much of a commotion.

     The competition was over and pretty much everyone had scattered, and Hachi decided to head off on his own to do some quirk training. He wanted to create a special move for the Sports Festival, a technique that he could use when he's in a pinch. With the state that his wings were in, even if they do heal in time for the event, there was no guarantee that he could use them to the best of his ability.

     Hachi exited the gym that everyone was in and headed off to one of the indoor training grounds that was being used for individual quirk practice. The bee sat down on a bench and watched the others train whilst he tried his best to think of an idea for his new move. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't think of anything on the spot. 

"Come on! There's gotta be something I can at least try!" The small blond teen sighed in annoyance at his lack of inspiration for anything. 

"Ah! Mr Honeycomb! You seem troubled!" A high pitched squeaky voice announced.

     Hachi looked down slightly and noticed that the voice  came from his rodent Head Master. "Oh! Principle Nezu? What are you doing here?" The bee questioned as the small Head Teacher sat next to the bee on the bench.

"Overseeing my students of course! Now then. What brings you here?"

"I'm trying to come up with an idea for some kind of special move at the sports festival. But I can't think of anything!" 

"Ah! I thought that might be the case. Your wings will almost certainly remain unusable by the time the Festival comes around and it's very unlikely that you'll be able to use them to their full extent if at all. So you want to come up with a powerful finishing move to make up for that disadvantage. Correct?"

"Yea! Pretty much! You figured that out really easily!" The bee says, borderline terrified at the intelligence of his Principle.

"I thought that was the case! So I brought this!" The rodent hands the bee a book with the UA insignia printed on the front of its hard cover.

"Huh? What's this?" Hachi questions and he analyses the front and back covers of the book.

"That, Mr Honeycomb, is the student profile record from some of the very first few years of UA High School being open."

"Wha!?!? Is this not really important!?!? Should I really have hold of this!!" He says as he tries to give the book back to Nezu. But the mouse simply pushes the book back towards the bee.

"That book has all of the students profiles in it. All in alphabetical order going off of the person's last name. I think you'll find the H section of that book quite useful." The Principle says as he gets off of the bench and begins to walk away.

"Wait!! Why?" Hachi questions with absolute confusion.

"You're having trouble coming up with an idea for your special move correct? I'm sure that book will give you some inspiration. Also, feel free to keep it! We have plenty of copies!"

"I-Is this not unfair to the others?"

"You're already at a disadvantage with your wings! I'd say that this is going to even the playing field. Also, you're a very interesting young man Mr Honeycomb!" Nezu states as he walks away to a different area of the training ground.

     The bee is understandably confused, but decides to trust the judgement of his Principle and opens the book to the first profile. As he glances over the page he notices the kind of things mentioned in the profiles. Photos of the person in and out of their Hero costumes, description of their quirk, their name, age, hero name, a bunch of interesting facts about the person. However. one category caught the bee's eye, Special Techniques. It was a section talking about each person's Special moves and detailed description of said techniques.

     Hachi quickly remembered what Nezu had stated about the H section of the book. The bee quickly flicked through to the letter in question and began browsing through the many names. But he quickly came to a pause on one name. Olivia Honeycomb.

     As Hachi read through this woman's page, he quickly realised who the woman was. Olivia was the first member of the Honeycomb clan to gain a quirk and was the head of the family for a large number of years. Olivia Honeycomb was his ancestor on his mother's side, but even better was the fact that her insect type quirk was exactly the same as Hachi's. Bee.

     Hachi spent a while reading the file of his ancestor and learning as much as he could about her, and eventually, he reached the Special Technique Section. And to say that the woman had created a lot was an understatement. There were a full five pages dedicated to the moves she had created and highly detailed descriptions of them. Hachi also read a small note that stated that those descriptions were written by Olivia herself.

-Comb Armour

-Comb Shield

-Comb Dome

     There were tons of different techniques relating to honey, honeycomb, flight techniques and moves, melee moves and even some projectile techniques. A lot of these techniques were far too difficult or currently impossible for Hachi to do at that time. 

     Any flight based moves were off the table, as well as the Honey Comb based moves. Creating honeycomb is something that Hachi has the potential to do, but it is very difficult to get the hang of, and would take way too long to create a hand sized chunk of it, let alone a full wall or shield. 

    One move did catch his eye though, it was one that he could do and he could probably learn by the time the Sports Festival rolls around. Not only that, but he could alter it in certain ways to give it different effects and could change the size to increase its strength. Hachi quickly realised another advantage to this technique is how he has to practice to make it work, this practice could help set him up to learn how to make honeycomb and eventually all of Olivia's honeycomb techniques. He could use it minorly or on a large scale as a finisher move. It was perfect.

     The bee quickly jumped up off the bench, gently placed the book down somewhere safe and rushed off to find an area to practice.

     Meanwhile, Nezu was sat on a bench on the other side of the area, silently watching the bee discover a bit about his ancestor and gain some ideas for new moves he could use to his advantage.

"So you gave him the book?" The (currently) mummified homeroom teacher questioned.

"Yep, I think that will help give him a bit more of a chance! It'll definitely make this year's Sports Festival far more interesting!!!" The Principle yelled with a maniacal laugh.

"Are you sure it won't give him too much of an advantage?"

"Who knows! Most of Miss Olivia's techniques are highly advanced and not easy to learn at all. I suppose it all just depends on how he decides to use the information he's been given!"

"Hachi is pretty smart, it looks like he's already found something." Aizawa gestures over to the boy.

"Yep! But most members of the Honeycomb family are! Their lineage is very impressive and not a single one of them should be underestimated. Especially not one from the main branch of their family."

"I suppose that does explain a lot. His parents are the current heads of the Honeycomb family."

"Indeed they are! Oh, how fun this will be! I'm very interested to see how Mr Hachi here deals with any future obstacles!"

"You seem pretty interested in that family... It's almost terrifying" Aizawa admits.

"I suppose it's only natural that I'm interested by them! The unique nature of their Insect quirks are fascinating! And I am also indebted to the Honeycomb family. So I suppose it makes sense that they intrigue me."

((And that is the end of this chapter! I'm going to be working on the Christmas Special so you'll have that to look forward to! The next proper chapter will probably be the start of the  Sports Festival. Anyway! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! What is the special move that Hachi found in the book? Why is Principle Nezu indebted to the Honeycomb family? What is the History of the Honeycomb family? And how will the Sports Festival pan out? Well! Forget about that for now! BEE FACT!!!))

Bee Facts:

Honey has antiseptic properties and was historically used as a dressing for wounds and as a first aid treatment for burns and cuts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 68 7
August Masayoshi is an American Japanese boy with Latino heritage. For 18 years he has lived in alone with his mother far away from civilization for...
122 5 6
"Life is a little rough around the edges, but there's always a point to it." Follow the journey of my original OC named Shohari Hengaku as he learns...
2.6K 45 26
✓completed✓ A Villain meant to be a spy for UA. I'm 15 and I go to UA only to gather info for the League of Villains. My quirk is well I don't have a...
7.5K 100 7
🚨SMUTT WARNING🚨FOUL LANGUAGE WARNING 🚨 GAY PAIRING🚨 Hiroshi Daxue is a transfer student from the north of Japan who got into UA late in the yea...