Things we do for love

By piano2099

Naruto, a demon. A monster. A murderer. Or so they said. In reality, he was just a kid, with a tailed beast s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Update Schedule
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
A/N- Additional content
HOLY SHIT!
Hello people
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Shippuden
Shippuden Chapter 1
Shippuden Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
100K
Chapter 13
A SUPER DUPER UBER IIMPORTANT QUESTION
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Story
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 5

11.6K 221 399
By piano2099

Three weeks had passed and the holidays were over. Naruto had visited Hyugas twice and had met Hanabi too. Naruto now was rushing towards the school, all hungry because he had woken up late.

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Not today, not today," he said.

He reached the school and rushed towards the class.

"... Naruto," said Iruka sensei.

"PRESENT!" yelled Naruto as he opened the door.

"Just in time," said Iruka as Naruto sat on the seat next to Sasuke as only that seat was unoccupied.

"Class, we are going to the ground for a traditional taijutsu match," said Iruka.

"Yeah," cheered Naruto.

"What are you cheering for? Only Sasuke will win. He is the only genius in the class," said Ino.

"Oi! Shut up. I am going to be a Hokage someday," said Naruto.

"As if. A stupid person like you can never be Hokage, only my Sasuke will become Hokage," said Sakura.

"He can become a Hokage," said Shikamaru, surprising everyone. He never spoke in the class and preferred to stay silent and sleep.

"He is not as dumb as you say. I mean come on, he painted the Anbu headquarters pink in broad daylight. Anbu! The ones who sneak up on people were snuck upon. His pranks have a great deal of precision. He is an intelligent person for sure. And see his confidence. Everyone doubts him, but he is always so positive," said Shikamaru.

"He is still a baka," said Sakura.

"Sakura, you don't even know," said Iruka with a smirk.

"Naruto Kun can easily become a Hokage. I believe in him," said Hinata.

"Thanks, Shikamaru, Hinata, and Iruka sensei. But I don't think whatever you say will change their opinion. I will just have to prove it by doing it," said Naruto as he stood up and made his way to the door.

"Are we going?" asked Naruto.

"Yeah," said Iruka as they all made their way to the ground.

After many rounds, finally, Naruto's turn came.

Sasuke and Naruto engaged and Sasuke started to gain the upper hand.

"GO SASUKE!" yelled most of the girls in the class.

"Stop!" said Iruka.

"Naruto, we honor our opponent by going all out in this," said Iruka.

"I am going all out," said Naruto.

"That includes removing constraints," said Iruka.

"Oh sorry," Naruto said, embarrassed as he took off his jacket. Underneath it was a harness with 4kg weight evenly distributed. He then rolled up his sleeves and removed a 1kg wrist weight and 2kg arm weight for each arm. He then rolled up his pants and dropped 4kg weight for legs.

Everyone was shocked to see that much weight.

"Now, start," said Iruka.

The speed of Naruto was blinding. He punched Sasuke who blocked it, but Naruto used the momentum of his block to turn and kick his head from the opposite side.

He then stood on his hand as he delivered a barrage of kicks which Sasuke was barely able to block. When Naruto stood up again, he saw a two tomoe Sharingan and a one tomoe Sharingan.

"So that's Sharingan," said Naruto as he sped up even more and delivered many blows. Though Sasuke was able to block most, he was pushed back by the sheer force. Soon enough, his hands started aching.

Naruto then used his hands to boost his speed as he kicked Sasuke on his chest with both of his legs, causing him to go flying and fall at a distance. Naruto then rushed towards him with balled fists, and Sasuke closed his eyes preparing for the punch. But the punch never came. He opened his eyes and saw Naruto's face hovering over his.

"Wake up teme," said Naruto cheerfully as he poked his head like his brother used to do. At that moment Sasuke felt as if Naruto was one of his family.

"Come over here and make a unison sign," said Iruka. Sasuke got up and went towards Naruto.

"He cheated," yelled Ino.

"That was unfair," yelled Sakura.

"SHUT UP! He was completely fair and won because he was better than me," yelled Sasuke.

There was complete silence. Never had anyone seen Sasuke yelling.

"Thanks, Sasuke," muttered Naruto as he and Sasuke made the unison sign.

"Hn," said Sasuke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto was practicing in training ground three when Sasuke approached him.

"Dobe, how are you so strong?" asked Sasuke.

"Oh hey Sasuke," said Naruto as he approached him.

"How are you so strong?" repeated Sasuke.

"Because I train?" replied Naruto in a confused tone.

"I do too, but I am not on your level. I want to become strong," said Sasuke in a serious tone, and Naruto somehow understood.

"Why do you want to become strong?" asked Naruto.

"I want revenge," said Sasuke.

"Then you will never become truly strong," said Naruto.

"WHY!" yelled Sasuke.

"Come with me," said Naruto.

"Where?" asked Sasuke, confused.

"Just come," said Naruto as he ran off.

A few minutes later, Naruto and Sasuke were sitting on the top of the stone face of the fourth Hokage.

"What do you see?" asked Naruto.

Sasuke looked at the village, and for a moment he was in awe.

"Our village," said Sasuke quietly.

"How is it?" asked Naruto.

"Beautiful," said Sasuke begrudgingly. He didn't want to use that word, but that's how the village looked.

"I am strong because I want to protect it," said Naruto.

"Why? They hate you. They hate you much more than they hate me," said Sasuke.

"Well, hate is an understatement. Once a few of them ganged up on me and stabbed, cut, and poured liquor on me. If the Dog of the Anbu had not come, they would have burnt me," said Naruto with a chuckle.

"How can you laugh? Don't you feel hate?" asked Sasuke.

"I do. But I know that they are blinded by hate themselves. I don't want to kill them or destroy them, I want to finish their hate. I want to prove to them that I am worth something," said Naruto.

"You can only truly become strong when you want to protect what you love and care for. Hate and revenge can only take you so far," said Naruto after a pause.

"What do you love?" asked Sasuke.

"I love this village, I care about Hinata, Hanabi, Iruka sensei, Hokage Jiji, Teuchi, Ayame. I don't want others to go through what I did. So please give up on revenge," said Naruto.

"Are you telling me to forgive and forget?" asked Sasuke angrily.

"NO! I am asking you to stop focusing on revenge. Forget revenge. Start making friends and become strong with them. Stop thinking for yourself and start thinking for others," said Naruto.

"It's easy to say," said Sasuke.

"There is no easy way to become strong," said Naruto, and Sasuke nodded.

"Come on, I will show you the best things in the village," said Naruto.

They first went to Ichiraku where Naruto treated him to ramen. They then went to the Hokage's office. After that, Naruto took Sasuke to a clearing where they both used stones to practice targeting.

"So Sasuke, what do you think?" asked Naruto.

"Thanks, Dobe," he muttered.

"Welcome Teme," replied Naruto cheerfully.

"By the way why do the villagers hate you?" asked Sasuke.

'Kurama should we tell him?" asked Naruto.

"I think we can trust him. I mean he is not showing it but his chakra is oozing out gratitude," said Kurama.

"Let me tell you a story," said Naruto as he explained what all happened.

"WHAT!" yelled Sasuke as the story ended.

"Yeah," said Naruto.

"Naruto, I am sorry," said Sasuke teary-eyed.

"Why?" asked Naruto.

"Whenever I saw you excluded, I wanted to come to you, help you. Whenever I saw you pulling a stupid prank, I thought you were a baka, but at the same time, I felt relieved. I started to see my family. But I wanted to escape it as I saw it as a weakness. Yet here I am," said Sasuke.

"S-s-shut up Teme. It's not like you to talk like this. You want to make me cry?" asked Naruto.

"Shut up," said Sasuke.

"Come tomorrow. I am going to help you with your training," said Naruto.

"Yeah, we only have two years before you go for your mission or whatever," said Sasuke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto was currently outside Hyuga's residence. As he entered, a few people noticed him, but instead of the glares others gave him, they smiled at him which he returned.

"Hitome san, Hiashi sama," greeted Naruto.

"Oh hi, Naruto. Come in," said Hitome.

"Aniki," yelled Hanabi with glee.

"Firecracker chan, how are you?" asked Naruto.

"I am fine," she said happily.

"N-Naruto Kun," stuttered Hinata.

"Hi Hime chan," said Naruto smiling, causing Hinata to turn red and Hiashi to choke on water. Seeing their reaction, both Hanabi and Hotome burst into laughter.

"What happened?" asked Naruto densely.

"Seriously Naruto? You are as dense as your mom," said Hitome.

"That reminds me! Bye I need to go to the compound," said Naruto as he took off.

"Seriously? Speed of the yellow flash and excitement of the red-hot habanero. It makes him deadly. And seriously, blonde hair and blue eyes. How did we not notice? No one had that shade of yellow in Konoha other than Minato," said Hiashi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke was walking towards his home when an image he had tried to suppress came into his mind. He ran towards a dustbin as he vomited.

'Was it really him?' he thought as tears came into his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419 10 13
Re-write of The Tale of a True Shinobi. NarutoxfemMadara Description: Naruto was born on a night of tragedy, the night the Nine Tailed Beast attacke...
35.7K 765 31
Naruto knew what world is like at a young age. His peers like playing the hero. Naruto was always the villian and gets beaten base on how weak he was...
26.8K 562 11
Naruto's eyes turned grey. One with true horror and terror and the other one with sadness and loneliness. Will someone help this child and recolor hi...
1M 22.5K 42
Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze grew up being hated, despised, beaten, and abused all because of what he held within him. The nine tailed demon fox that near...