| °R E B O R N° |

By Scarlett_Of_Despair

[ ORIGINAL STORY ] Coming from the 21st century as the only mortal who practices immortal cultivation. The on... More

NOTE!!!
°Prologue°
CHAPTER °1°
CHAPTER °2°
CHAPTER °3°
CHAPTER °4°
CHAPTER °5°
CHAPTER °6°
CHAPTER °7°
CHAPTER °8°
CHAPTER °9°
CHAPTER °10°
CHAPTER °11°
CHAPTER °12°
CHAPTER °14°
CHAPTER °15°
CHAPTER °16°
Chapter °17°
CHAPTER °18°
Chapter °19°
Chapter °20°
Chapter °21°
Chapter °22°
Chapter °23°
Chapter °24°
Chapter °25°
Chapter °26°
Chapter °27°
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

CHAPTER °13°

428 22 1
By Scarlett_Of_Despair

:::

["If you don't terrify people about then what's the point."]

:::

____________________________________________

"It was luck when my master found me, it was also luck when he discovered that I could go for greater heights. He passed away uneventfully, I remembered the sky crying with me. After that I entered a bad path, then found myself gathering myself and starting a business. Dabbling here and there, trying everything out. Dabbled with medicine, dabbled with cooking heck even dabbled on designing." Zhi Ruo laughed as she recalled, Ravel listened faithfully. Curious as to what his master's story was.

"I ended up being one of the richest people in the world. Kuh! Almost ended world hunger that one time! Yeah but that was harder than it looked. After that, I found out that their was some beasts lurking around. From lore and rumours and all, they were borne. I ended up wasting my remaining time cleaning all of them." Zhi Ruo fiddled with the cups engraving.

"And then, as I was resting in my office. The next thing I knew I was in this body." She poked on her sunken cheeks, Ravel pulls back her hand from bruising her own cheeks. "Funny thing is, we ended up with the same name and face. But this body wasn't as lucky as I." Zhi Ruo stood up and did a little twirl. "You see, she was abused and starved to death. In which at that point I took over this body."

"That is awful. Ah! I know what happens from the point when you opened your eyes here. The system showed it to me, it was almost like it cramped it up my brain." Ravel had handed some biscuits that was in a jar to Zhi Ruo. She took one and dipped it in the tea, a little habit she always does if it's hard biscuit.

"If I may ask, what does master planned to do with those men?" Ravel had gingerly poured another cup of tea for Zhi Ruo. Who had stuffed her face with those biscuits.

"If possible, I would like to create a network system. If their skills don't match up with lurking. Then I was planning on making them my guards." Zhi Ruo sipped delicately after gobbling up a plate of biscuits. "Say if possible, can you take care of where they can stay? Can't really let them stay at my place."

"Indeed, I can take care of them. Just leave it to me, as for the place where they can stay and train. Has master have any ideas?" Continuously Ravel refilled the cup and briefly asked Zhi Ruo.

"Can you really Ravel? That would be great actually. For the place they can stay, we can buy a manor." Zhi Ruo slapped a thick ass wad of cash on the table. " I got this money, and I have some more on the making." Ravel took the was of cash and put it in his pockets.

"Leave this to me, would master be teaching them?" Ravel, looked at Zhi Ruo. She giggled when Ravel pocketed the money.

"Yes if I have time, I'll teach them personally. But in order for that to happen I have to strengthen up for a bit, I'm currently on the first stage of cultivation. And I doubt they could use magic, nor could I teach them those." Zhi Ruo had made to point out at how weak she was, to which Ravel nodded in understanding.

"Ravel knows what I'm planning right? As to what my goal was?"

"I do."

"Ravel knows then it would be easier to explain what to do next. I'm planning on sabotaging the gambling business I visited a little while ago." Zhi Ruo had pointed by the window where a little peek of the gambling establishment can be seen. "Those are direct income of General Liu. Though it is under Liu Su Yang's clutches, it makes it a little more satisfying sabotaging that establishment."

"What does master wants to do? I would like to help if I'm needed"

"Oh, you'll be needed alright." Zhi Ruo played with her hair that was brittle as a hair can get without it falling off. "If it is possible, I would like for you to keep on checking as to where the mines are located. The ones where that gambling establishment gets its resources from."

"Oh! Master is planning on cutting the resources by either buying it or destroying said mine." Zhi Ruo almost spluttered the tea she was drinking when she heard what Ravel had said oh so innocently.

"That's about right."

"But is master certain if the mine is not General Liu's  property? If it is it would be a problem." Ravel punted it out.

"Would it matter? If it's his and refuses to sell it then destroy it, isn't it what you said?" Zhi Ruo's fingers tapped on the table. " Though but would be a waste if such a mine would be destroyed, but if I happen to buy it, it would be useful yes. But in the end. Not really interested in running such a business." Zhi Ruo raised a finger. "Then there is an another factor that we gave to keep in mind. What if the General doesn't get those stones from one mine only?"

"Indeed if we destroy or buy those mines then the General and that Concubine would be suspicious. Oh! That's why master wants to have a network system! To know what the general is up to. Indeed gathering information is important." Ravel in the end summarized what Zhi Ruo was getting at.

Just as Zhi Ruo was about to agree to Ravel. A knock on the door resounded, Zhi Ruo nodded her head and Ravel went to open the door.  The men that Zhi Ruo picked up is at least on a presentable appearance when they meet again for the second time. Save for the unshaved beard, unkept hair and thin arms.

"We are here master..." The man at the middle seems to be the spoke person for the rest of the semi-team. They all turned a curious glance at Ravel who was at the corner holding a platter with a ambient smile. Curious as to when the handsome man came from and why does if seem like the man is assessing them. They turn to look for Zhi Ruo for answers.

"Aa, this is Ravel Qualve Restmathure, My butler. Please excuse the late introduction." Zhi Ruo placed a smile, and said Ravel's name in a perfect english accent. At which threw off the seven men crowding the room. It was hilarious scene as the men tries to pronounce Ravel's name. "Just call him Ravel." Zhi Ruo waved her hand at the blubbering men.

Zhi Ruo took off her robe and handed it to Ravel. "Please wear this, and look for a suitable place for them." Which revealed the outfit of Zhi Ruo. Ravel calmly took the robe, bowed at Zhi Ruo and disappeared. The seven men had instinctively backed into a fighting stance. In response Zhi Ruo raised her hand to stop them. "Be at ease men, he was just going out." She grabbed one of the chicken buckets, and handed it to the man nearest to her.

"In the mean time, why don't you guys sit around here and eat. Lest we shall talk as you feast." Zhi Ruo's sunken cheeks made the smile on her face look pitiable, and them men couldn't help but hand the tantalizing food back to Zhi Ruo's hands. "Worry not of me, I handed these food to all of you hoping that you all would it eat. I do not want the food I gave to you all just be handed back to me." She pulled out a crispy chicken leg and shoved it into the mouth of a bucket owner.

"Instead why don't you all enjoy this food I gave. This could be the first time in a while that you have eaten to your full." As the worlds left Zhi Ruo's mouth, they all had begun eating. "If you want more I have an extra bucket here." Zhi Ruo took one of a chicken drumstick before pushing the rest to the starving men. Zhi Ruo had chuckled when they stole glances at her.

It was apparent that they were curious, the rumoured first Xiaojie of the Liu's who was said to be a useless and uneducated miss. Was actually such a eloquent speaker. The miss who was said to have no one to lean on actually have such a capable butler. The miss who was said to be dirt poor could afford to effortlessly toss money. The miss that they said was trash actually took out 10 people who has reached the first stage of cultivation. The men were curious, but in their hearts Zhi Ruo was the person who had extended a helping hand to them who was on a brink of death.

She was the one who clothed them and fed them delicious food. The seed of loyalty was already planted deep into their hearts. It just goes to say, never trust the rumors. So as long as Zhi Ruo was their master, they would never question her.

"So, what are your names? Also pray tell. How did you men end up in that situation?" Zhi Ruo had took a bite of the chicken she had in her mouth. Asking about how they ended up in that state. The one on the middle shrugged his shoulders before swallowing a piece.

"I'm Han Meng. " The spoke person of the bunch pointed at himself. "To say how were got it into that situation is a long story at that. But I can tell that you want to hear our side." Zhi Ruo modded at Han Meng. Finishing her own piece of chicken.

"Im...Im Peng Shui" finally the person that wanted to eat the soap earlier muttered quietly. "I'm the oldest here. We... we are from the South. The neighboring kingdom..." Peng Shui tossed the bone back into the bucket. "Well, funny story actually. You see we were commanded to storm Guan Wei." He pointed in the ground.

"Hmm yeah that didn't go too well." The man beside Han Meng muttered "I'm Xiong Shi, greetings Master." He cupped his hands towards Zhi Ruo to which she nodded. "We were the branch scout's team, our primary tasked was supposed to infiltrate the capital. But before we could re-connect to the main team...."

"They cut as off.... By betraying us, well it wasn't really betraying us. But more like they were to throwing us away." Another man shrugged off handedly. Peng Shui sighed as he tossed a look at the man "greetings, I'm Ma Shu" said man introduced himself to Zhi Ruo. "Well anyway's our branch was turning into a thorn in their side apparently. And well I supposed that it was our Time eventually."

"Eventually?" Zhi Ruo repeated the word.

"En, it had been 5 years since we joined that team. And every 5 years they have to cut off a branch. We were supposed to go out 2 years ago. But I guess we contributed too much for us to just die like that." He played with the bone before tossing it into the bucket. "I'm Rey Si, Greetings." He sighed, " I guess some were still complaining about our standing."

"Damn right they are, they were still pushing that new batch to replace us even after we were about to leave for the mission." Peng Shui rolled his eyes. "They were cursing us to die it was apparent." He touched the fabric of his clothes. "Oh hey, this is really soft." He muttered in surprise. Han Meng puts a hand on Peng Shui's face and dragged him back to his seat.

"Well, I guess they found a way to get rid of us through this way." Someone pipped from the back. "I'm Reed He, greetings to master." He cupped his hands and greeted Zhi Ruo. "We were left with the wrong information, led by a command to end our lives, and somehow survived." He smiled at Zhi Ruo, his grin peeked from underneath his beard.

________________________________

-Scarlett

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.8K 80
Synopsis ---------- All he wanted was a simple life, but fate toyed with him his entire life on Earth. Every time he would be close to getting a job...
6.6K 328 93
Shao Yue, one of the world's strongest cultivators, reached her limit. To push further, she had to take drastic measures: going back in time, possess...
140K 9.4K 176
Xiao Jin found herself as a 18t-line supporting character in a dog-blood abusive novel. She was a peculiar woman with disabilities, who dressed as a...
4.6K 203 56
A dragon. A girl. A deal sealed in blood. Lightning flickered over the dragon's onyx scales. "You will have to walk through fire and death. You will...