Deceiving looks

By MissTalkative

Spoiled, beautiful, and popular high-school student Lily White gets everything she wants. What she wants righ... More

Deceiving Looks
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Deceiving Looks is On Hold

Chapter 4

47 2 0
By MissTalkative

Today was finally the day that I started my volleyball assistant job. I had my lovely pink sweatsuit on, my bailey button ugg boots, and my hair was pulled up in a neat bun.  As I walked into the gym I spotted Mr. Jones. I walked over to where he was standing.

"Hey Lily," he greeted, giving me a hug.

I indulged myself in the warmth of his arms. "Hi Mr. Jones."

Pulling away, he said, "Okay, so today you will be working really hard. I hope you're ready." He had suddenly gone  from friendly to coachy.

"I'm as ready as they come," I replied with confidence.

********************************************

Practice had been going on for a few hours now.

"OK guys, before we run laps I need to take attendance. Now it is important for you to come to practice because I do things a little differently. Whoever has the least attendance will sit out on games. Do you understand?"

They all replied in unison, "Yes, Coach Jones."

He looked at me. "I need you to go to my office and get my clipboard. I forgot to get it."

"Sure, no problem."

His office was actually nice for a volleyball coach/creative writing teacher. On his desk was his teacher I.D. It was marked Daniel Jones.  I began to examine his desk. I opened his drawer and found a large set of keys. I looked around to make sure there was no one else there, then placed them in my pocket. Ms. Young walked into the office. Her desk was right beside his.

"Hello, Lily," she greeted.

"Hi," I replied with a fake smile.

I didn't like Ms. Young. I'd heard rumors about her and Mr. Jones dating. I didn't care if the rumors were true or not, I didn't want to even hear the idea. She was twenty four and Mr. Jones was twenty three. They would have made a cute couple, but me and Daniel would make a cuter one. I saw a picture of his daughter Cassey on his desk.

"Aw, is that his daughter?" I asked.

She smiled. "Yeah, her name is Cassey."

"She doesn't look much like her father."

She smiled at me. "Really, you don't think so?"

"No, she must look like her mother. Wow, that lady must be stunning."

Ms. Young's smile went away quickly. Exactly what I wanted. I was starting to think that the rumor about Mr. Jones and Ms. Young was true, since she got so defensive. She picked something up and then left, finally. As soon as she left I headed toward the gym to give Mr. Jones his clipboard before he became suspicious.  I handed him his clipboard and told him I had to go make a quick stop somewhere.

I grabbed my keys and headed to my car. I went to a home improvement store. There was a old man in line who was irritating the hell out of me. I could see that the cashier was getting irritated also.

"I found these, I think these are the ones," the old man said.

"I don't think these are what you need, Mr. Smith. These are for tight spaces," she explained.

"Huh?" he said.

"Tight spaces."

"I need this for my fence."

"I understand, but your gonna need a bigger one."

"What?"

"A bigger brush," she specified.

I interrupted their little conversation. "I just need to get some keys done. Can you please finish Painting 101 when I'm gone?"

"I’ll be with you in just a minute," the cashier said.

I turned to the old man. "Listen, I will buy you your stupid brushes. Can you please let me go first!"

"Would you let her go first, she said she will buy you the brushes," the cashier told him as if he was deaf.

"Huh?"

"She'll buy you the brushes if you let her go first. Apparently she's in a hurry." I could have stabbed her for saying that, but I kept calm.

"Oh, okay, you can serve the young lady."

"Your fence isn't going anywhere," I told him with an attitude.

"How many do you need?" she asked.

"One of each." I looked at her and sarcastically said, "Thank you, thank you so much, you are so helpful."

She rolled her eyes.

"Bitch," I whispered.

I paid for his stupid brush and left with brand new keys.

When I arrived back at volleyball practice everyone was gone. I realized I had come back later than I’d expected to. Mr. Jones was picking up volleyballs. I started to pick up the ones that were around me.

"Hey Lily, there you are." He smiled his beautiful smile, showing his dimples.

As I was putting the volleyballs on the bin I replied, "Here I am!"

"I never asked where you had to go."

"My best friend Lotti has a really bad fever and asked me to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy. Both the pharmacy and her house are about ten minutes away," I lied.

"That's understandable."

We finally finished cleaning up the gym.

"I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back."

I went to the bathroom and changed from my gym clothes. I went back into his office and placed his set of keys back in his drawer. I found the Staff’s School Directory. I looked around, making sure there was nobody nearby, then I placed it in my tote bag. I went back to the gym.

"I think we're done for the day. You can go home now. I have to go get my daughter then run a few errands."

"OK, well today was pretty fun."

"Yeah, it was." He gave me a hug. "See you tomorrow."

I smiled all the way to my car. I pulled out the Staff's School Directory and found his name. I loved school directories, they gave you every student’s number and address. The Staff's directory was just the same except that it was for staff. I put his address in my GPS and started driving.

He lived in a nice neighborhood. The houses were nice and big. Well, big for an average person. The neighborhood seemed friendly. I found his house. I parked my car around the corner. I decided to enter through the back door. Heading toward the back door I thought I heard someone in the woods. It sounded like dead leaves crunching under shoes. It was probably just an animal, I told myself.

I took my brand new keys out of my purse and found the one that fit the front door. His house was bigger than most of the others in the neighborhood. I walked toward his kitchen. His coffee was on the table. I picked it up and realized it was still some coffee in the cup. I drank some of his coffee. Now our lips would be linked with each other.

I walked upstairs and found Cassey's room. Her room was filled with the colors pink and purple. I began to look through everything in her room. Her closet, under her bed, her dressers, etc. She had papers covered with drawings on her dresser. I sat on her bed and went through all her drawings. She had a picture of a man and a women kissing. On the back of the paper it said Mommy and Daddy. That made me really angry. I ripped the drawing up and placed it in my purse.

Daniel's room was across from hers. I walked, nearly skipped, towards his room. I first went inside his walk in closet. I touched every piece of his clothing in his room and I placed one of his button down shirts in my purse. I layed in his bed for a few minutes, indulging myself in his bed.

When I was done with his room I headed downstairs. I found his office and walked towards it. I examined his office in his house just as I did a few hours earlier in the school.  I opened his desk and found a Gold Credit Card. I placed it in my purse. I went back upstairs to make sure everything was the way it had been when I’d gotten here. I heard a car pull up. I looked out the window and saw Daniel and his daughter walking towards the door. I suddenly ran to a corner and hid under a table. I heard the doorknob turn. Oh shit!

Continue Reading