CHEKKUMEITO | MY HERO ACADEMIA

By evolorn

(L/n) (Y/n), your present day's teenager born with the weakest Quirk imaginable. He tries to become like his... More

Ch. 1 - "Beginning of the End."
Ch. 2 - "Disaster."
Ch. 3 - "Training Gone Wrong."
Ch. 4 - "The Test."
Ch. 5 - "First day."
Ch. 6 - "Him."
Ch. 7 - "A Born Hero."
Ch. 8 - "Not Any Ordinary Class."
Ch. 9 - "Aftermath."
Ch. 10 - "Childish."
Ch. 11 - "A Reminder."
Ch. 12 - "Battling."
Ch. 13 - "Have some candy!"
Ch. 14 - "Undeserving."
Ch. 15 - "All that I remember."
Ch. 16 - "All that I remember. (Pt.2)"
Ch. 17 - "Memories intact."
Ch. 18 - "Mindbreak."
Ch. 19 - "Forget-Me-Not."
Ch. 20 - "Let's talk."
Ch. 21 - "The Plot Thickens."
Ch. 22 - "Family Bonding."
Ch. 24 - "News."
Ch. 25 - "Anew."
Ch. 26 - "Drama."
Ch. 27 - "In Deep Sh#%."
Ch. 28 - "The Perfect Quirk."
Ch. 29 - "The Perfect Quirk. (Pt. 2)"
Ch. 30 - "The Absentee."
Ch. 31 - "Fed up."
Ch. 32 - "Faith."
Ch. 33 - "Good Riddance."
Ch. 34 - "Todoroki Family."
Ch. 35 - "The Calm Before The Storm."
Ch. 36 - "Another Bites The Dust."
Ch. 37 - "Calling Dibs."
Ch. 38 - "A Moth To Flames."
Ch. 39 - "For Old Time's Sake."
Ch. 40 - "Can't Catch A Break."
Ch. 41 - "Casualties Of War."
Ch. 42 - "Right About Time."
Ch. 43 - "Leash."
Ch. 44 - "Official."
Ch. 45 - "I'll Find You."
Ch. 46 - "Rumination."
Ch. 47 - "Disturbia."
Ch. 48 - "Lover's Pledge."
Ch. 49 - "Closure."

Ch. 23 - "Gifted."

545 31 4
By evolorn

Even though he's been trying to get used to wearing a secondary prosthetic, it still doesn't get rid of the feeling that you could still feel your entire arm when it's been recently lopped off.

According to the doctor, his only non-prosthetic arm couldn't be repaired due to the severity of the injury, so they had no choice but to amputate.

He should be distraught at the fact that he lost another limb, since that's what other people do when the same thing's happened to them. But how can he when he's gonna have to use another invention of his mom's in his everyday life?

Speaking of his mom, he had to give it to her, akin to his resentment towards her, her talent is beyond words can even describe. Not even Hatsume can create a prosthetic that looks hyper realistic, or a sword that doesn't have to use steel as a blade and can be a persons energy instead, said energy blade can absorb all types of energy and harm the opponent without physically injuring them.

And she's doing all of it without a Quirk, too.

Furthermore, because she's gifted, she gains sales pretty quick. But it would skyrocket if she really showed that she could make things above their imaginations.

Why would she hide it? If this goddamn insatiable greed really runs in their bloodline, surely she'd show off her talent to get more customers because in no time, she'd be making a name for herself for her creations.

She's smart enough to know this, yet, she forced him in the hero course with the sole intent to make more money off of her son.

It's either she's a straight up sadist, or what she drilled into him- about him making damn well sure that he's gonna be making good money as a hero- is a farce, which is highly unlikely.

Especially now that he knows her reasoning for beating him, and that is because he bore the appearance of the man who disowned her.

'Son of a fuck. If I'd known our family history was gonna be this mind-boggling, I would have called a pro to rescue the kids instead. I shouldn't have let curiosity get the best of me.'

People say that once you learn the reason behind your abusers actions, it'll change your perspective towards them and understand, the first and biggest step that not many can encounter towards forgiving your abuser.

He was in disbelief. Yes, he understood now, but it didn't change one goddamn thing.

It didn't change what she did to him. It didn't change what she did to mama. It didn't change his friends death.

She couldn't even tell him herself why she was acting the way she was. How is he supposed to forgive someone like that?

He inhaled deeply. 'Calm down. Mama wouldn't want you like this, angry at her wife.'

'She'll understand why you lashed out.' An unwelcome thought said.

He shook that thought away and darted his eyes to the clock hung up on the wall.

It was Monday. 1pm in the afternoon.

Somehow, that felt familiar...

Shit. His date with Shoto-

...oh, right. Shoto cancelled it the day before he went on an underwater adventure because Izuku wasn't the only one Iida told him about.

He sighed, resting his head on the palm of his hand as he turned to the side, seeing letters stacked and stacked upon eachother until they fell off his coffee table, the ones on the edge hung on for dear life.

Reaching out, he grabbed all of them and opened the first one as he scattered the rest on his bed.

_____________________________
Get better soon, fuckface.
_____________________________

He snorted. 'Best one so far.'

Before he could read the rest, he heard a knock from the door, soon opening up as he looked and saw two kids standing at the doorway, looking around the room curiously.

A soft, gentle smile made its way to his face.

"Morning." He greeted casually. The kids looked back at him and instantly lit up.

"(Y/n)!"

He let out a weak wheeze when they crashed into him into a tight hug, patting their back.

"I'm fine, kids. But- give me a breather here, you two are heavy."

They released him and took a seat beside his bed. "How was your sleep? Are you better now?"

"C-Calm down, Hideaki. He's probably still tired." Junichi laughed nervously, scratching his cheek.

"I'm doing well. What about you guys? What have you been doing?"

Hideaki tapped his chin, tilting his head as he looked to the side. "Well, nothing much. We stayed in our rooms for a few days and visited you from time to time."

"S-Some of your friends came by. And they brought a few art materials for us to use." Junichi stated. "They're teaching us how to draw. It's fun. T-The leafy haired man said you liked to draw too, is that true?"

'Izuku still remembers that?'

(Y/n) cocked his head to the side. "Yeah, and music. It's been a while since I drew honestly."

Fuck. He felt so awkward. How do people even talk to kids?

"I've taken a liking to music now after Ms. Jiro introduced us to them!" Hideaki beamed, bringing out a CD in the pocket of his jacket and showing them to his oldest brother. "She bought me my favourite song!"

He sweatdropped. 'I'll pay her back later.'

"What's with that look on your face?"

"Did the doctor tell you anything else besides your current condition?"

(Y/n) shook his head. "No, why? Did something happen?

"Well..." Hideaki trailed off, looking over to his twin, who smiled and silently gestured him to continue. "Can we tell you about our Quirks?"

"Shoot."

Hideaki stabbed a thumb on his chest. "My Quirk is nature! I can control anything that nature has and also generate them!"

'Wouldn't that technically be two?'

Junichi was next. "My Quirk is...Q-Quirks Manipulation. Self-explanatory. But I'm capable of removing them permanently too, but the teachers said I should only use it when I've trained hard enough to get up to your level of expertise! Otherwise, it might result to bad consequences."

(Y/n) clapped, smiling. "That's amazing, you two! You'd both make incredible heroes in the future. I'm kinda jealous."

Suddenly, one of the twins, frowned, to (Y/n)'s confusion. "We talked to one of your friends when they came by to visit. I got something out of Mr. Pomeranian...well, not really, but he mentioned something about you wanting to get better and better until you felt like you succeeded in becoming...'the best.'" He coughed into his fist to conceal a laugh. "And...well...him wanting to go beyond that to defeat you."

"...Typical Katsuki." (Y/n) chuckled, sighing afterwards. 'I don't even want to be the best anymore. What's with him?'

"Anyways, what about it?"

"My power can also 'awaken' or 'upgrade' people's Quirk." Junichi explained, looking down on his hands. "I can do that to your Quirk too, if you want."

(Y/n) tilted his head. "You can upgrade my already upgraded Quirk?"

That confused Junichi, pulling the same move as him by tilting his head. "Depends. What is it like?"

"Well, formerly, it just simply took out the death of old age among the list of things a normal human can die from and gave me the ability to cease aging when I hit young adulthood. But after a strange bodily outburst that gave me one fo-" He cut himself with a cough. "That upgraded my Quirk, it gave me the ability to manipulate my appearance from a child, a young adult and so on."

"A strange bodily outburst?" Hideaki parroted, curiosity laced in his tone. "I've never heard of that before. Were you hit with a Quirk beforehand?"

"No. Don't worry your head about this, a friend of mine and I are trying to figure it out ourselves."

"I-I can upgrade your Quirk from Ageless to Immortality."

That snapped the oldest's head towards him with a bewildered expression, making the boy wince at his intense gaze.

"You're joking."

"What would I get out of that?"

Truth is, the idea of immortality scared him him.

Seeing everyone you love grow old and die while you're left alive is one of the worst tortures a human can ask for.

And the only way you could escape that cycle is by giving yourself up to someone capable of stealing Quirks, like All For One, but at the cost of hundreds, millions of lives, including yours. That is, if the deaths of your loved ones didn't kill you first.

He waved them dismissively. "Thanks, but no thanks."

Hideaki's jaw slacked. "Whaaaat? You don't wanna survive life threatening injuries like getting decapitated, pierced through the heart, gutted- why are you staring at me like that?"

Even Junichi was horrified at his brothers nonchalantness towards brutality. "So those are the types of comics you've been reading?"

"Y-Yes, but-"

"I'm telling Mr. Aizawa!"

"Onii-chan please don-"

"Uh...being capable of surviving life threatening ideas sound fun, actually." (Y/n) lied through his teeth, praying to god he wasn't making it obvious as the twins craned their heads to look at him.

"See?! (Y/n) gets it-"

"-But, it's just not for me."

"Whyyy?"

He opened his mouth to explain, but nothing came out. How do you explain to a child the consequences of being immortal without taking away their innocence?

"You'll figure it out eventually."

"...you yearn for power too, right?" Junichi looked up at him, hope in his eyes as they shone.

(Y/n) froze. "...uhm, why do you ask?"

"That's the main reason why we're alive and breathing. O-Our parents knew they were powerful, yet still believed they weren't strong enough for the world. It took them a while and lots of sacrifices because its rare for kids to manifest Quirks that's out of their genetic lineage, but they made us."

'Thank fucking god the kids didn't walk in during their "tries."'

Hideaki nodded along. "We tried to decline every training they offered, but they ended up forcing us. They said we were to continue our 'legacy' or whatever corny saying of becoming a villain and achieving our family's goal...but you became a hero! How did you do that?"

Junichi elbowed him in the arm. "Do you really believe in that destiny bullshit daddy talked about?"

"Swear!"

The older twin huffed. "(Y/n) just had a better upbringing than us to inspire him to become a hero...I thought that was obvious from the way mommy and daddy treated us like we monsters. They wanted us to become one."

'Oh, little do they know.'

"How did you even know I was meeting your class when we've never met before?"

"Sports festival. Your battle was broadcasted, remember? And our teacher told us beforehand."

(Y/n) deadpanned to himself 'Oh, right.'

He tapped his chin. "Anyhow, I'm still a trainee. I'm not a pro hero...yet."

Hideaki chimed in. "Even so, you were allowed to fight off villains all by yourself! Don't you think that means something?"

'Uh, technically-'

"And to think that you pros get bashed on because you couldn't save one civilian after saving like, a million in the past..." Junichi pouted, shaking his head in disapproval. "That's really unfair! You guys deserve better than that!"

"Don't mind them, okay?" (Y/n) said as he ruffled the kids hair. "Every life matters. You can't really judge them for criticizing the heroes for letting a human being die. Even if things went south."

"But still!"

"Shush." (Y/n) ordered. The child pouted and slouched over in defeat.

"Fiiiiine..."

"A-Anyway." Junichi interrupted, the two looking back at him. Hideaki smiled knowingly. "Unlike our parents, you're gonna do good by everyone if you get more powerful. So we prepared you a gift. Take this as compensation for going through all that trouble for me and my brother."

"You don't need to. Seriously."

"So, as I explained earlier, my Quirk both allows me to manipulate..." He trailed off, eyes widening in realization. "...diminish, upgrade, remove, switch and discover everybody's Quirk too. I forgot to mention those."

"What the fuc-" (Y/n) slapped a hand over his mouth before he could finish his sentence. "I mean, that's awesome! Your Quirk is way more powerful than I thought."

'Christ almighty. The next generation is gonna be the end of us all.'

"I'm sure you can figure out the surprise from there, right?"

(Y/n) cocked a brow.

"Hm? Are you-

He stiffened up.

Suddenly, his eyes began to well up with tears. His younger siblings grew frantic when they saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"E-Eh?! Wh-why are you crying all of a sudden?!" Hideaki exclaimed in worry. He was quick go scramble out of his chair and run around the room opening cabinets, looking for a box of tissues.

"No, it's fine." (Y/n) said, lifting his hand up to wipe his teary eyes. "Just remembered something. That's all."

"W-Well, d-do you wanna know what your Quirk is now?"

"Stop crying, you crybaby."

"H-Hey! You were the one who started crying out of nowhere!"

While the two cried and laughed, Hideaki came back frantically with a single box of tissues in his hand as he handed it in front of the two. "Here! You- wait, now you're crying too?!"

"Says you!"

"Wha- whAT DO YOU MEAN?!" The child hurried to wipe his own eyes with the tissues. "S-See?! Im not crying!"

"But seriously." (Y/n) interrupted, wiping away his tears as he looked back at the two. "Remove the Quirk."

Junichi stopped. "...huh?"

"Junichi. I appreciate you for trying to help me out, but I don't want to take the easy path."

The said male stammered. "But- but don't you wanna be the best? Like Mr. Pomeranian said?"

(Y/n) gritted his teeth. He hated lying to kids.

He shook his head. "The best doesn't always mean overpowered, Juni. Plus, it's better if you reached the top out of sheer hardwork. Not with cheats or anything like that."

_____________________________________
"We both know you would've ended up in the general department too. Or worse, failed the exam if you didn't bring your equipment with you. So you should be glad you were lucky enough to pass the exam and even end up in the hero course." Then, the purple haired male sent the guilty boy an annoyed glare- if it wasn't obvious enough that he disliked him for using a cheat, it is now.

"Let's see how good you are when your equipment breaks."
_____________________________________

He understands now.

While he doesn't have a personal reason for being in the hero course, he still has standards for himself.

No cheating. Get high grades. Don't bother anyone with your problems.

What happens if those standards dissolve?

"But they aren't cheats..."

"I know, kiddo. Your brother just has high expectations for himself."

______________________
The day after that, the kids were discharged and ushered to U.A by present mic. (Y/n) was walking home all by himself as he drew whatever on his sketchbook, planning on upgrading his hero costume so it fits him more.

While he was walking, he felt someone tug him softly on his shoulder, making him stop dead in his tracks and look over to whoever tried to catch his attention, only to see a young, normal-looking highschool girl behind him.

Immediately catching on with the unusual smile on her face, he just let out a tired sigh and closed his sketchbook, turning to face her.

"Yeah?"

"Follow me! We need to talk to you." She chirped.

"About what?"

"You'll see~"

"You brought me here to give me this?"

Right now, he was in the league's hideout. His hands holding up a few art materials and a large sketchbook, approximately bigger than his head.

"No. Obviously." One of them said, rolling his eyes.

With a sharp look, (Y/n) stashed them away in the backpack he wore. "Then spill."

"I don't like how he's so willing to join." Twice commented. "I'm excited to see how this'll turn out!"

"Same here."

Tomura began explaining. "Since you're an official member of our league now, wherever we go, we will bring you with us. Toga will inform you beforehand to come to our hideout before we leave. That'll ensure us that you have time and can come to join us, since you're still in school."

(Y/n) chuckled lightheartedly. "Is that so? Color me amused, then. But when I come with you guys, you better make sure I'm safe. I don't like the feeling of my neck being on the line just because you couldn't double check if we had anybody following us on our way to your hideout."

"Even if that happens, we'll keep you safe." Tomura said in a somewhat reassuring tone. "This stays between the members of the League. No one will find out you're working with us."

"Hopefully." (Y/n) hummed. "That's it, right? We're done now?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'll see you guys in a month or so, I guess." He said, turning around as he began walking away.

"Message me if you got any drama to spill."

"Aww man, does he really have to leave?"

After sneaking out from the hideout and making his way back to U.A, he found himself being shaken rapidly by Tenya, to the point where it felt like he was fucking jiggling his brain.

Everyone surrounded him.

"-are you crazy?! You could've died out there and no one would've been able to find you when you're that deep underwater! You should've asked for backup instead of going out there all by yourself to fight 14 more villains! Do you hear me?! Not only am I saying this because I am your friend, but because I'm the class rep and you're our deputy! You can't just suddenly run off on your own!"

"What Iida said! Even if it's really none of our business- scratch that, it IS our business since you're our deputy, you can't just suddenly disappear like that on your own! Everyone was worried about you! We thought you died or fell into a serious coma or...something!"

"Cut him some slack." Jiro butted in. "What matters most is that he came back alive. Plus, you heard about his two siblings, right? He saved them, we can talk about this later after giving him a break."

"You- you're seriously letting him off easy like this?!"

"All I'm saying is that you need to calm down, (Y/n) just woke up from his coma that lasted for literally a whole month. Don't overwhelm him."

Iida looked back and forth between Jiro and the weirded out deputy in front of him.

Sighing, he straightened his posture. "I'm sorry about that, you had us worried."

"It's fine, I can see why he's like this." (Y/n) hummed, nodding his head as he removed Tenya's hands from his shoulder and scanned his crowd of classmates, who had now began bombarding him with questions now that Tenya had shut up, causing both Jiro and him to try and calm everybody down. "I missed out on something, didn't I?"

"Oh, yeah..." Denki laughed awkwardly, rubbing his neck. "You kinda missed out on the...uh...well, we kind of took your siblings with us to our school festival while you were knocked out. You also have a crap ton of school work piled up and waiting for you at your dorm."

(Y/n) huffed, scratching the back of his head. "Well, where are my brothers now?"

Mina stepped aside, a grin on her face. "Here!"

Then, (Y/n) heard two voices call out to him before feeling something tugging on his leg, looking down, he saw the twins.

"Onii-chan!"

Meanwhile, Junichi stood behind his twin, waving at (Y/n). "H-Hi."

"Now that I saw you three together, you guys look really identical to each other!"

Picking up the two youngsters, (Y/n) deadpanned at Denki, as if it wasn't obvious already that the three of them were siblings. "If they're gonna be living with us, where will they be?"

Tsuyu tapped her chin. "According to Mr. Aizawa, those two will be living with you. They already prepared you guys a new dorm with a triple bunk bed for you three, since your siblings weren't so fond of the idea of living with Mr. Aizawa and they both even punched him for trying to, 'control' them..."

"Sorry for their behavior. They have a hard time getting along with people before I saved them." (Y/n) explained, feeling a few fingers loop around his free hand, and he assumed it was Junichi as he gave them an apologetic smile.

"It's fine. Just make sure they don't turn out like you." Katsuki scoffed.

Shoto sent him a soft glare. "Bakugo."

"What?" Katsuki glared back, although he wasn't expecting a response, Shoto shook his head in annoyance and looked away.

"Anyway, (L/n), you know where your new dorm room is, right?" The latter asked, (Y/n) shook his head as a response and the heterochromatic haired male turned. "Okay then. Follow me, I'll show you."

"Thanks." (Y/n) replied, before walking through the crowd and following behind Shoto.

Raising a brow, Mina leaned over to Ochaco and whispered. "Is it just me, or is Todoroki getting a little...y'know, with (L/n)?"

"I've noticed that too." Ochaco smiled cheekily, wiggling her eyebrows. "You think this means...?"

Mina whined. "(L/n)'s a total heartthrob!"

And so, (Y/n) was now inside the dormitory with a triple bunkbed and a few boxes filled with all his and his siblings' valuables. Immediately, the two he was carrying jumped off and hurried to climb the bed, bickering to eachother about who will be the first to reach the top.

"Seems like those two are having fun." Shoto commented behind (Y/n), who forgot he was still there as he was more concerned for the kids.

Humming to himself, Shoto turned and was about to leave the room, only then did (Y/n) hear him and looked over his shoulder.

"Todoroki-san."

Stopping dead in his tracks, the said male looked behind him and saw (Y/n) facing him, a rare look of hesitance present on his face.

He opened his mouth to say something.

'I'd like a second chance at our date.'

But how can he be sure he wouldn't miss it again?

He decided against it, covering it up with a smile and waving him off. "I forgot what I was going to say. Sorry."

Shoto gave him a questioning look, before making his way to the exit of the room.

Just when he sat foot outside, he stopped, peering over his shoulder to his friend. "If you're gonna do something reckless again, I recommend you ask for assistance before you do."

"That's one way to tell someone you wanna hang out with them, Sho." (Y/n) stated, letting out a soft laugh.

Unexpectedly, that pulled a reaction out of Shoto. The poor boys face heated up, forming an unfamiliar red flush on his face that somehow made him even cuter.

"If it's you, I'd never oppose the idea."

While still looking away, the heat in his face rose, mirroring a tomato, "I've never said this to anyone before, but..."

The amusement on (Y/n)'s face left as he listened keenly to his next words, so focused that he didn't even realize that the noise behind him stopped.

"...you should really be more careful. I don't want to lose you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 11.6K 35
[Completed] - (Y/n) is the oh-so-very lucky teenager who gets to experience life as a hero at the prestige hero's academy: UA high school. One littl...
99.2K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
755K 28.9K 33
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
58.8K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...