sparky // a padawan story

By kenobiobi_

"you've got a sparky little attitude, my young padawan." "you have no room to talk already, master." - in whi... More

PART 1
chapter 1. padawan.
chapter 2. introductions.
chapter 3. masters in trouble.
chapter 4. a black hole.
chapter 6. the virus.
chapter 7. ryloth.
PART 2
chapter 8. the holocron.
chapter 9. the search.
chapter 10. missing children.
chapter 11. point rain.
chapter 12. the catacombs.
chapter 13. brain invaders.
chapter 14. meet grevious. οΏΌοΏΌ
chapter 15. the chase.
chapter 16. the duchess.
chapter 17. traitor on board.
chapter 18. bounty hunters.
PART 3
chapter 19. kamino.
chapter 20. the cadet.
chapter 21. guidance.
chapter 22. the hunt.
chapter 23. mortis overlords.
chapter 24. the cathedral.
chapter 25. ghosts of mortis.
chapter 26. the citadel.
chapter 27. citadel escape.
PART 4
chapter 28. reunited.
chapter 29. umbara.
chapter 30. return of the slavers.
chapter 31. undercover.
chapter 32. kadavo.
chapter 33. ahsoka's friend.
chapter 34. gone.
chapter 35. lies.
chapter 36. reparations.
chapter 37. an enemy's revenge.
PART 5
chapter 38. onderon rebels.
chapter 39. smuggling.
chapter 40. the gathering.
chapter 41. hijacked.
chapter 42. frenemies.
chapter 43. revival.
chapter 44. recovery.
chapter 45. retraining.
chapter 46. the lawless.
chapter 47. the brokenhearted.
chapter 48. the bombing.
chapter 49. the wrong jedi.
PART 6
chapter 50. coping.
chapter 51. back to batuu.
chapter 52. the scheme.
chapter 53. retribution.
chapter 54. the lost ones.
chapter 55. voices.
PART 7
chapter 56. anaxes.
chapter 57. echo's plan.
chapter 58. old friends.
chapter 59. the transmission.
chapter 60. war at the spire.
chapter 61. dead or alive.
chapter 62. betrayal.
chapter 63. runaway.
chapter 64. exile.
PART 8
chapter 65. the survivor.
chapter 66. the inquisitor.
chapter 67. corellia.
chapter 68. an old flame.
chapter 69. the rebellion.
chapter 70. the gala.
chapter 71. fulcrum and dill.

chapter 5. enough.

3.4K 98 7
By kenobiobi_

Training with my clan has been harder since I became Obi-Wan's padawan. Some are jealous, some are angry I was chosen before them (especially by the Obi-Wan Kenobi himself), and some were downright scared of me. The younglings happened to take interest to me, though. In a good way.

I sit with some younglings around me as they listen to the stories of me and Obi-Wan that they begged me to tell them. Two sit in my lap while the others sat close by, faces painted with intrigue. Today, I tell them the story of how I almost defeated Master Kenobi in a practice duel.

"Master Kenobi is a very good swordsman," I tell the kids. "He's very difficult to defeat. So when I had him on the ground after disarming him, I became very excited. So excited that I lost focus, and long story short, I ended up in the same exact position he was in."

The kids laugh loudly.

"Tell us another one!" a young boy pleads.

"Let me think of one— oh, hello Master!" I greet as Obi-Wan suddenly walks in the room.

"You're about to be late for class, my Padawan."

"Is it already— oh!" I exclaim as I realize that I lost track of time. The children move off my lap as I jolt up. "I'll tell you more stories later, perhaps?"

"Oh, I have a good one to tell them," Obi-Wan says with a grin as he sits down with the children. "About the time you thought you had me beat during training?"

"I just told them that!"

"Well then, I'll tell them what really happened. You see, I let her think she had won..."

"Not true!" I shout as I run out of the room. I hear the younglings roar with laughter as I begin to sprint across the temple to get to my Saber Arts class.

"You're just in time, Padawan Arlo," Master Drallig lightly reprimands me.

"Sorry, Master. I was with the younglings."

"It's all right. I must check on something, now, so everyone please take a seat and read over your techniques before we begin practice," Master Drallig instructs as he leaves the room.

I grab one of the technique books and sit with my back against the wall, reading over my preferred form of combat—Ataru. I've been working on it with Obi-Wan for the past few weeks.

"Still boasting to those younglings, Padawan Arlo?" A boy in my class, named Cadan, walks up to me and grabs my book, throwing it off to the side.

I look up at him, trying to stay calm as Obi-Wan would tell me to. Though I feel close to losing my temper. "I'm not boasting. They just like my stories."

"It's sad that the only person that will listen to you is a child."

"So that means you'll listen to me, then?" I retort calmly as I grab my book with the Force and open it back up.

"Quit acting all high and mighty. You're just like the rest of us, no better."

"Really? Because if I recall correctly, you have said on multiple occasions that I don't fit in like the rest of you."

Cadan begins to grow frustrated. "Then prove you're better." He steps back and ignites his blue saber.
I cock an eyebrow at him. "I don't want to fight you, Cadan."

"Then you're weak, and you're too afraid to show us how incredible you are."

"Master Kenobi says that there is strength in restraint. And I have better things to spend my energy on, than wasting it on a meaningless fight."

"But according to the rumors, you'd risk everything out on the battlefield, but you're too scared to do this?"

"I risk everything when it matters. Not during pointless arguments like this. Now put your lightsaber away and do as Master Drallig says."

"You're not the boss of me! You have no room to talk. You're not so good at following orders yourself."

"It's worked out for the best, hasn't it?"

"Hardly." He takes a step forward. "I can see right through you. You're not good enough and you know it."

I close my book, starting to really lose my calm. "I don't think I heard you right, did you just say—?"

"I said, you're not good enough. And you never will be."

"Stop it."

"What, did that make you mad? You're not good enough."

"I said stop!"

I jump up and ignite my lightsaber, clashing it with his. I easily overpower him as all he can do is parry my blows. I twirl my golden saber with skill and grace while he tries to defend himself.

I quickly realize that defense is his weakness and that my offense is tiring him. I Force kick him to the ground as I give my lightsaber one last spin and turn it off, hooking the hilt back on my belt. I then hear someone clear their throat. I turn to see Master Drallig in the doorway.

"While that was most impressive, Padawan Arlo, you know the rules. No dueling with no administrator present. Come with me."

"But Master—!"

"Do as I say, Padawan." I let out a helpless sigh Master Drallig grabs my arm and drags me out of the room. I look back at Cadan, sitting up off the ground with a smirk on his face. I glare back at him.

"It wasn't my fault, I swear—"

"Silence."

"But—!"

"Silence."

"Can you at least let me go?"

"No, I cannot."

"Come on, Master, I'm not gonna run away! I don't need your help walking. Can't you see I've got legs, and they're working just fine, too—"

"Master Kenobi!" Master Drallig calls out. Obi-Wan, who had just walked out of the younglings' room, turns to us.

"Oh, Arlo," he sighs as he pinches the bridge of his nose, shaking his head. "I left you for ten minutes."

"It wasn't my fault!" I argue. Master Drallig lets go of me. I grab my arm where he was gripping rather tightly and step away from him, standing next my master instead.

"She engaged in lightsaber combat with another student with no administrator present."

"You forgot to mention that I won," I mutter. Obi-Wan gives me a reprimanding look.

"As her Master, it's up to you to decide her punishment, which I recommend you do. This kind of behavior is unacceptable."

"I'm serious, Masters! I didn't start it!" I argue as I look up at Obi-Wan, almost pleadingly, to defend me. He looks back at me, then turns to Master Drallig.

"I know my Padawan isn't the best at rule-following, Master Drallig, but I believe she's telling us the truth," Obi-Wan states while stroking his beard.

"All do respect, Master Kenobi, but you can't just defend her because she's your padawan—"

"Oh, no, that's not it at all and Arlo knows it. If she was lying, she would've started fiddling with something, which she's not," Obi-Wan tells him. Master Drallig raises an eyebrow at him. "...She does that when she's nervous."

"Perhaps we could ask the other students what they saw," Master Drallig suggests.

"You and I both know very well that no one in there will defend me, Master Drallig," I state.

"Because you're guilty?"

"Because everyone in there has it out for me. That's why it started in the first place."

"...Very well. Still, I will see what I can figure out. Innocent until proven guilty, I suppose."

"Do what you must, but I do ask that you take what my Padawan says into consideration. I know her well, and I don't believe she's guilty, nor would she do something of the sort without reason. Though, she still should not have broken the rules. But while you figure that out, Arlo will be with me, so you don't have to worry about her for a bit."

"Very well, Master Kenobi." With that, Master Drallig turns and walks away.

Obi-Wan turns to face me with his arms crossed. "Arlo. You know better."

"I didn't want to fight him, really."

"He said something, didn't he?" he guesses.

I nod.

Obi-Wan walks over and sits on the ledge of a window and pats the space next to him. "Tell me what happened, truthfully."

I sit next to him and begin my story. "Master Drallig told us to sit and read over lightsaber tactics while he went and checked on something, so I did that. So the student, Cadan, he came up to me. Threw my book. Started to challenge me. Had his lightsaber ignited, ready to attack. But I stayed calm like you taught me to."

"Not for long, clearly," Obi-Wan jokes as he begins to stroke his beard again.

"Very funny, Master," I reply sarcastically.

He chuckles. "Continue on, Sparky."

"He said I was weak for not fighting him, so I said there's strength in restraint. Like you said. But then he... he said..."

"Out with it, Arlo."

"I'm not good enough."

"And that set you off, didn't it?"

"It did."

"You can't let such things anger you. Because you know that's not true. You're one of the best padawans a master could ask for. You're more than enough to me, my young apprentice, and that's what truly counts. Now—oh!"

I cut him off with a hug. He hesitates, but reciprocates it, giving my back a soft pat.

"You mean it?" I whisper.

"Why wouldn't I? Now let's go, my Padawan, we have to get to Naboo immediately. There's an emergency regarding the Blue Shadow virus."

"...Wait, isn't that—?"

"Extinct? It was. But the Seperatists have recreated it in a secret lab on Naboo, and we must stop them. It's urgent, and quite dangerous, honestly."

I stand up. "Then what are we waiting for?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 80 13
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, along with Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, and PadmΓ© Amidala are sent on a mission by the Jedi Council...
189K 5.5K 36
Clone Wars: Skywalker and Kenobi are leaving a muddy planet after a long mission. Kenobi can't wait to get back to Coruscant because his former Padaw...
954K 28K 106
| The Wattys 2022 Shortlist | 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔 π’…π’Šπ’† π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅? Taken from an early age from her family in Scarif in the Outer...
427K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...