How To Save A Life - Grey's A...

By wheredidthegoodgo

HEY GUYS !! if ur reading this it means u stumbled across my story/account ! as much as i am proud of this st... More

A big day
New beginnings
Finding the lost
Love, Lies and Deceit
Does she still remember
Driving down recovery road
Hoping you're someone I used to know
But you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
I can't tell you what I'll write, they're words without the paper
A/N
Somebody said you got a new friend
I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
I did my best, it wasn't much, I couldn't feel so I tried to touch
All my troubles on a burning pile, all lit up and I start to smile
We were love drunk waiting on a miracle
So alone in love like the world had disappeared
Never got the chance to say a last goodbye, I gotta move on but it hurts to try
What I would do to take away this fear of being loved, an allegiance to the pain
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you...
A/N
Just like the day that I met you, the day I thought forever
I bet you even tell her how you love her
Twisted reality hopeless insanity, I told you I was okay but I was lying
You'll be the prince and i'll be the princess its a love story baby just say yes
I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love
Hold on I still need you
Breathe
Somewhere between unsure and a hundred
How to save a life
Heartbeat make me feel young again
Take a sad song and make it better
I moved on for the better, you moved on to whoever
Got a pretty face, a pretty boyfriend too
The things I did, just so I could call you mine
Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor
Good for you, you look happy and healthy, not me
Character descriptions
I said, excuse me you're a hell of a guy
Why you still talking 'bout me like we together?
I'll always remember us this way
The less I know, the better
Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air
Hello? It's me

An accident

1K 14 99
By wheredidthegoodgo

Amelias POV

Abruptly, I'm woken to the sound of my baby crying from the room across the hall. Scout was awake. I roll over grumbling to see the time was only 5:30am. Seriously! I roll back over and poke Link on the nose to try and wake him up to get the baby. When that was unsuccessful, I flipped the heavy covers off my sore and tired body and walk across the hall to the baby's room. By the time I got back to the bedroom, Link was already awake and in the shower, probably a good decision as once the baby is awake, we never have time for anything other than diaper changing, baby food making and cleaning.

 Links paternity leave ends today and he goes back to work tomorrow, which I'm dreading by the way. Scout tires both of us out on the daily, can you imagine how tired i'll be now that it will only be me? Good news is my maternity leave ends next week so I can go back to work too, which I seriously miss, although I am really going to miss Scout. As much as he is a handful, I love him so much and I'm so grateful for him, and I know Link is too. After I have changed, fed and dressed Scout, I hear the loud noise of water falling to the ground in the bathroom stop. Link was out of the shower, finally! 

''Morning babe'' Link said in his soft morning voice. 

His wet, floppy hair drooped over his forehead as he dried the back of his neck with a towel. All I can think about is how lucky I am to have such kind, positive, hot, partner to go through the journey and challenge that is parenting with. Without him I would just be a divorced, lonely neurosurgeon with a way too large ego, but with him, I'm a happy, incredibly grateful parent and successful neurosurgeon, with a not too big ego. 

''Morning. How did you sleep?'' I replied in a curious, yet unenthusiastic tone. He planted a soft kiss on my lips. It was quick, almost like a habit. I like those kisses, they're quick and soft, but they a mean a lot, to me at least. 

''Eh, alright. I had to get up to soothe Scout a few times as he was pretty unsettled for most of the night.'' Link replied with his usual cheerful attitude.

Link has this crazy contagious, positive energy and attitude that whenever you're around him, it's extremely difficult to be negative, even in the worst of situations. It's another thing I love about him. Even though he had such a physically and emotionally challenging childhood, having cancer and all, he somehow still finds the best in all situations, and I find it so admirable. 

''Wow, I must have slept well because I didn't hear you get out off bed at all!'' I acknowledged in a surprised tone as I usually always hear everything.

''This is your last day at home before you go back to work. I'm probably going to miss you by the way.'' I agonised 

''Yeah I know. I'm going to miss you and Scout too. It's going to be strange not seeing you both all day, but I'm excited to get back to work. I miss it a bit.'' Link voiced in a slightly less positive tone. 

* 14 hours later* *7:30pm*

Link and I just finished dinner and Link went up to put Scout to bed while I cleaned the kitchen. As much as I am happy that Link is going back to work, I'm anxious and a bit sad that I will be all alone tomorrow looking after Scout, something I have never done before. Link is the best father and I hope I can be the best mother I can be, for Scouts sake. I turn off the loud tap which is flowing water into the now empty sink and I hear silence, which can only mean one thing, Link got scout to sleep. I turn off the lights down stairs and I run up the steep staircase and into Scouts room to give him a kiss on the cheek.

 Luckily, he didn't wake up when I gave him a goodnight kiss, so me and Link go into our large master bedroom across the hall and switch the flat screen TV on. We choose the TV show we watch every night, The Vampire Diaries on Netflix, then we squirm under the blankets and embrace in a cuddle. We watched 2 or 3 episodes then we went to bed. As I'm falling asleep, I can only think about one thing. Catching the bouquet at Lexie and Mark's wedding. Does this mean Link will propose? Will I be getting married to him soon, or in a while? Only Link knows, I guess. 

Links POV

As the bright sunlight peaks through the blinds, and the beautiful song of birds fills my ears, I'm woken up at 6am for my first day of work. Well to be specific, it was 5:59 because my alarm was set for 6:00am. I always do that, wake up a minute before my alarm, I mean. It happens when I'm really excited or nervous about something, and today I'm both of those things. I'm going back to work, even though I'm dreading leaving Scout and Amelia all day, i'm so excited to cut into some people and do some surgeries.

I'm also excited for another thing, I'm planning to propose to Amelia. It's been 2 months since the wedding so I'm hoping she's forgotten about catching the bouquet, but knowing Amelia, she's probably reading my mind right now. Anyway, enough about the proposal and more about getting out of bed and going to work. I peak into Scouts room, only to see he's awake, but not crying. Thank gosh he's awake because I wanted to play with him before I left for work in an hour.  I reach down over the wooden bars of his crib and pick him up off the soft mattress he lays on. I change his diaper, then his clothes then I walk down the creaky wooden staircase into the bright, white kitchen to get us breakfast. 

*30 mins later*   *6:30am*

As I turn the corner around the large kitchen island, I spot Amelia walking down the creaky staircase. Her hair bouncing on her shoulders, and the sun shining directly onto her face, she was beautiful. 

''G'morning.'' 

''Morning. How's Scout? Are you ready for work, do you want me to takeover?'' Amelia replied sleepily.

''No it's ok. I'll let you have a have a few more moments of rest before you have the day with him, plus I want to spend as much time as I can with him before I leave.'' 

''Ok thank you.'' she responded 

*20 minutes later*

''Hey babe! I gotta go! Can you come take Scout?'' I insisted 

''Yeah i'll be right there. I'm just cleaning his high-chair then i'll come over.'' Amelia answered. 

''Okay thanks.'' I added. 

... a few seconds later 

''Are you ready to come to mommy, Scout? I think so!'' Amelia babbled while taking him out of my arms. 

''Bye bye Scout, daddy will see you soon, I love you.'' I said speaking to Scout. ''Bye babe. I love you, have a great day, can't wait to hear all about it later.''  I said before planting a passionate kiss on her lips. 

''Bye Atty. Have fun cutting with out me.'' she said in a funny, sarcastic tone while rolling her eyes. 

* 12:00 pm, midday*

It's been a really slow day, honestly Amelia wasn't missing much. I've had a few consults about non-surgical broken fingers and arms and that about it. Since it's quiet I decide to go get some lunch from the cafeteria. I grab my food and sit down next to Derek, who was also eating lunch. I wanted to ask him for his permission to marry his sister. We started talking about the baby, Zola and his kids and just as I was about to ask for permission, we were both paged 911 to trauma room 4. The patient, a 40 year old male, was driving home from the airport after an extremely horrible flight, only to drift off for a few seconds, cross to the other side of the road and be hit by a semi truck. There was obvious head trauma,  and many broken bones in the arms and legs, and even a possible spinal injury. Suddenly, this day went from quiet and boring, too exciting and exhilarating. 

''Okay, what do we got?'' Derek posed the question.

''40 year old male, hit by a semi-truck. The car behind him noticed him swerve suddenly to the other side of the road, almost like he fell asleep, but I don't think that's the case. Dr Shepherd, Dr Lincoln, I think he had a seizure.'' Helm concluded 

''Alright, let's order a head CT and an MRI, and get him hooked up to an EEG right now. If he did have a seizure, we need to operate as soon as possible.'' Derek commanded 

''And from me, we need to order x-rays for his left arm, right leg and spine. Keep him in a neck brace until we clear his spine of injuries. Also, get an OR ready, we're definitely going to need to operate.'' Link dictated calmly, but assertively. 

''Okay. I'll take him to CT right now, then straight to the MRI.'' Helm concluded. 

I'm slightly nervous. This is a massive case for my first day back, but I can handle it. I have a feeling I'm going to be here all night so I better message Amelia and see how she's doing. I'm glad that this case will distract me though, keep me from thinking about Amelia and the baby all day. I'll check up on them, then focus on my patient who will die if we don't get him into surgery. 

As of currently, he is still a John Doe, which is really sad as he's got no one fighting for him on the sidelines, no one praying he'll live, no one even knows he's hurt. Just as I walk into the CT room, an EMT walks up to me with a wallet, his wallet. His name.... is Mark Sloan. Our colleague, my friend and Derek and Merediths family. I have a million thoughts running through my mind. Do I tell Derek it's Mark? I mean, he's not going to recognise him due to the facial injuries. Will he ever be a surgeon again? But then I realise, if Mark is here, where's Lexie? They obviously would have been together as they were coming home from their honeymoon. I have to find her, but I can't tell Derek. 

''Hey Derek, are you all good to look at the scans by yourself, I need to make a phone call, you know, check up on Amelia and Scout?'' God I hate lying, especially to my friend, brother even, but I'm doing this for him. He can't know it's Mark and Lexie. I start by calling the EMT's at the scene to see if they knew where she was taken. It took me 10 minutes of waiting on hold to speak with the EMT, until the call goes through and I hear the responders voice. 

To be continued... 

A/N:

Hi guys! sorry i took soooo long to post this update. I've been crazy busy with work and Christmas and family and i haven't had time to write. im also re-watching greys from the start so that should be fun. I promise i will post the next chapter soon. I've already written a bit of it. Happy new year everybody! 

Date: 30th Dec 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.4K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
1.8K 83 6
Meredith is sick. Her people have to make hard decisions. So does Meredith, she has to make a really hard one. Life or death? Family or love? Chaos o...
815K 27.5K 37
- 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 - ❝ can you stop with the compliments? ❞ ❝ never. ❞ ❝ maybe dreams are meant to just stay as that, dreams. ❞ ❝ n...
144K 2.7K 36
Instead of Derek getting into an accident, what if it was Meredith back in Seattle? Will she survive? *set in season 11 when Derek was in dc