Four Hearts, One Home

Galing kay AjKichu

A story about two young interns of Wang Corporation: Gulf Kanawut and Xiao Zhan. Their life takes a different... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 12

1.3K 119 36
Galing kay AjKichu

Kindly do excuse the errors.

_______

Wang Yibo was well aware that it was wrong to say- he never had a good moment in life but life had always amazed him. In fact it had played some cold games that he started caring very less about everything this world has to offer.

Most of the time, he was often mad at it because it not only took away people he loved but it made him feel lonely, sad and angry all the time. He strongly felt that if this world had any measure of fairness or justice, his father and his brother would have been alive nor would he have grown up with friends that made him feel insignificant.

And it was those reasons why he was a strong person today and became the bully instead. He hated the weak person he was as a child and hence he despised the weak. But what began as a fun way to mess with Zhan now significantly bothered him.

He wondered why he couldn't stop himself from kissing the young man. He didn't expect he would go that far but then again he couldn't resist the charm, the innocence and the vulnerability Zhan possessed. Moreover, the taste of Zhan's lips and his woody notes of cedar, guaiac, and white musk still lingered in his mind. It was too tempting that he wanted to smell it more, taste it more but it scared him giving him a stronger reason to stay away from him.

"Mr. Wang! " Secretary Yang hurriedly rush into his office without a warning. It was something he did only when there was a big news. "Have you seen the news?" He ask with terror filled in his eyes.

"What's the matter?" Yibo asked calmly, hoping that people will learn not to panick when crisis occurs in life.

"There's a weird news going on about you" He said. "It has to do with your personal life" This alarmed him. Had he been too reckless?

"Which channel carried the news?"

"It's the daily entertainment news at HQ. It has been going viral since eleven, last night"

"Isn't it just one of those rumours that dies down?"

"I'm afraid this time they have even the picture and seem to have been leaked by one of our office member."

Snitch! Wang Yibo cursed in his head. He hated people who stabs in the back of people that feeds him just for some few money. Although, he wasn't bothered by any rumours, he hesitated this time because it could be news about him kissing a man and that might drive the whole nation insane.

"Who's the person I'm involved with this time?" He sighed aloud and stood by the glass frame, looking down at Xiao Zhan who was sincerely working in front of his computer, not aware of what kind of a storm was going to hit him.

Somehow, he wondered what if this rumor could ruin Xiao Zhan's life. As a matter of fact, it was not Xiao Zhan's fault if he lands into trouble. Moreover, Zhan was not as powerful as him and people could get very cruel with their abuses when it comes to a man dating a man. And he felt responsible for putting a clueless Zhan into danger.

But quickly this thought shock him. When did he start caring for some other person other than himself? He freaked out.

"Manager Jane"

"Who?" Wang Yibo reacted quickly, a little relieve to hear that it was not Xiao Zhan who was involved in the scandal.

"You and Miss Jane"

What? Wang Yibo widened his eyes in shock. He thought his office affair was tightly sealed. No one know about him and Jane... except... "Xiao Zhan?" Wang Yibo mumbled, taken aback. He could have never seen it coming. He trusted this man, although he didn't know why.

"Sir, do you seem to have a problem with this young man? " Secretary Yang ask giving him a knowing look and it surprised him more.

"What do you mean?"

"Our IT cell track the sender's e-mail. It seems he is the person who released the mail to the rumor site" Secretary Yang said.

Betrayal. That was all Yibo felt. Is this your revenge Zhan? He was furious and he regretted every second of his life that he spent trusting a man by his appearance. He should have known, people can be real evil.

***

"Zhan!" Miss Jane suddenly approached Xiao Zhan's table, fuming with an anger that he had never seen before. "How dare you! " She shouted and the entire office landed their eyes on them.

Xiao Zhan stood up, shocked and scared at the sudden outburst that almost gave him a heart attack. Why was the always decent Miss Jane so worked up today? "Didn't I treat you well enough that you have to pay me with this?" Jane shouted shoving her phone screen in front of his face.

A shocked Zhan looked at it as his heart Palpitated. But what he saw, only confused him more.

It was a picture of Wang Yibo and Miss Jane having their own private moment inside their office; something he had never seen even in real life; something he wish he never knew.

But why was Miss Jane angry about it? Why was she showing it to him? Was she accusing him of leaking the pictures? He freaked out.

"Miss Jane, it's not me" Xiao Zhan stuttered, shaking his head no as he felt his fateful life was once again taking the spiral turn.

"You can explain that to the IT cell that track this back to your e-mail and Mr. Wang. " She said staring at him with a stank eye. "Disgusting! " She muttered again and left.

Zhan could not believe a day as such had come. He thought the previous night when Wang Yibo kissed him and left him like that was bad but what could be worse than getting accused of something he was not even aware of.

Does Wang Yibo thinks it's me too? He shivered chillingly. Involuntarily, the thought made him rush upstairs to claim his innocence. The last thing he wanted was bad blood with his boss. Besides, all this time, he tolerated all sorts of behavior that his boss threw at him just so that he can have a peaceful working environment. He couldn't jeopardize his hard work down the gutter for something he hasn't done or at worse, get fired at the end of his internship.

He knocked hastily on Wang Yibo's door and quickly a cold Wang Yibo opened the door.

"Sir? " Zhan called out meekly. His voice already lost under Wang Yibo's stare. Perhaps, it was the way Yibo looked at him like he was the culprit. "Ab-about the rumor, it's not me" He weakly defended as the menacing gaze from Wang Yibo's cold eyes intensified.

He had never seen his boss so cold and heartless. He was used to Yibo teasing him even if intimidating; not a look as if he despises him. It meant, presumably, his boss considers him guilty.

"So, are you doubting the credibility of our IT cell that linked this image to your mail account?" retorted Wang Yibo calmly leaning against his table.

Upon hearing that, Zhan figured he had already lost his case. He dare not question the credibility of Wang's employees and the IT sector. But then he know he was innocent. But was it good enough?

"I'm not discrediting the IT sector, Sir. But it really is not me." His words  muffled in his lips.

"Xiao Zhan, do you know the office rules? "

"Yes sir"

"What does Rule no. 9 says"

"That an employee will be sued for any damage done to the company's reputation by code of misconduct"

"Do you think it applies to you? " Zhan went cold when Wang Yibo didn't budge from his judgement and therefore, despite being innocent there was nothing he could do.

"It will apply to me if I have done it. But I swear I didn't do it this time"

"Xiao Zhan." sternly Wang Yibo called closing the distance between them. "Can you prove that it's not you?" He asked tracing his fingers to his cheeks and then to his chin and made him gaze upon him. "Can you?"

"No Sir" Zhan gasped feeling defeated in all aspects. It was stupid of him to have stormed into the office. But he thought, after everything that unfolded the previous night, his boss might give him a chance. But, of course, insignificant people like himself didn't matter to powerful people.

"I don't give second chances to anyone but this time, just because I mistreated and misjudged you, I'm letting this matter go. Don't think that I'd be so kind if there's a next time". Wang Yibo asserted firmly and pushed him away.

Unknowingly, Zhan's eyes brimmed with tears as he left Yibo's office. Although he know he was wrongly accused, he was hurt him because Wang Yibo failed to trust him and eyed him in disgust instead.

Somehow, he thought he already proved his loyalty while keeping up with all of Wang Yibo's whims and demand; even allowing him to take his first kiss. Because, deep down, amidst the chase and the game, he thought what he and his boss shared was something meaningful- at least strong enough to be considered as friends. But all of it was just a wishful dream and the reality was uglier than he imagined. He was simply a puppet and a victim of the powerful corporates.

***

The office environment was gloomy. No one was happy because apparently, their boss and Manager Jane was not happy. But for Gulf, watching Zhan curled up in his seat, secluded from any human being, hurt him the most.

During lunch hours, Zhan asked him to leave him alone for a while. So, he strolled down lazily outside his office hoping to get some fresh air. He could tell that these were hard times and Zhan needed him but he didn't know how to comfort his friend.

Moreover, his conversation with Mew the previous night bothered him too. Somehow, he was hurt but at the same time, he didn't understand what Mew actually wanted from him. Just when he thought that, he and Mew were on good terms, Mew's behavior baffled him.

"Gulf?" Suddenly a familiar voice daunted his ears. As his eyes searched for the voice, it was Joe beside their office gate. Instantly, Gulf's body turned stiffed but managed to drift a smile at him.

"Joe" He greeted back "What brings you here?" nervously he asked but managed to notice Joe's cropped hair on the front which looked rather soft.

"I came to drop off Mew and was hoping to catch up with you at the same time" Joe answered beginning to walk towards him. "I hope that's not a problem?" He resumed.

"Of course, not!" Gulf interjected.

"Well, to an extent, I might be a little nervous but now it's not really awkward compared to how much I like meeting you here because I get to sort things out with you." He elaborated in confidence with a mischievous grin.

"You do talk well, Joe." Gulf said making Joe smirk.

"Actually, I wanted to apologise to you regarding last night." Somehow, hearing that made Gulf really happy.

"It's not really necessary. I mean, now that you are sober you actually think you did an awful lot of things but believe me all we did was dance." Gulf said, smiling while Joe looked at him indifferently carrying a slight smile across his face.

"That's a relieve. But you're a great dancer." He said next

“I would not like to believe that."

“Come on, I might have a couple of drinks but that did not mean I was actually drunk or else I won't be here in front of you." 

As they talked, the dark clouds covered the sun and it looked like a storm was coming.

"Looks like it's going to rain." Joe said pointing to the sky, "You wanna sit down somewhere? Maybe we can have something to drink or eat." 

Gulf expressed the readiness he felt and went into a nearby cafe. There, they found one empty table on the corner. Once they placed the order, they got engaged in a comfortable conversation.

"So, you work with Mew?" Gulf asked.

"More like I follow after him and make sure he's sane"

"Is there a time when you are actually serious?" Gulf asked deliberately putting down the cup of coffee he was drinking.

"I am." Joe stated with an air of legal formality, "We just met and it’s okay to carry out light convo. Why are you so serious?"

Gulf's face fired up as he looked at Joe. He was different from anyone he had met. Joe was comfortable, funny but at the same time he had so much dignity.

"Now, you're quiet." pursued Joe. "I'm pretty sure none of us enjoy the serious talks. These are for old people, Gulf"

"Hmm..Did you grow up here?" Gulf asked and only then he realized he was serious again.

"I did. My parent's place is just 30 minutes ride from here."

"Can I be really honest with you?" As Joe stared at him, Gulf continued uneasily, "I'm not very comfortable with new people but you do have quite a unique character that makes people feel easy"

As he spoke, Joe went quite for a moment. "I think you think too much, Gulf." Joe said next. "You never take things lightly, do you? " 

"I'm not sure I follow"

"Come with me." said Joe, rising from his chair and he went to pay the cashier.

"But, we are not going now, Joe?"

"Yes we are."

They reached the outside and "cold breeze" was the first that greeted them. The sky was now duller and the clouds looked heavy. If it rains, it was about to be the weirdest January in Marilyn.

Joe looked across him and his eyes appraised Gulf's body from head to toe which made Gulf really awkward.

"Is something wrong with me?" Gulf asked.

"See, you're thinking again." He pointed out and this time Gulf laughed.

"What?"

"Gulf, is there a moment when you just stop thinking and allow things to happen the way it should?" His voice rose higher and walked ahead of him and Gulf followed him like a lost puppy adjusting his sweater.

"Joe, you don't make sense to me."

"Good." He paused and turned at him.
Meantime, the weather became miserably raw and Gulf quickly ran to the pavement of the shop nearby looking for shelter but Joe kept looking at him without reacting to the rain that was running down like hail.

"Get inside Joe, you'll get sick." Gulf waved at him

"You're unbelievable." He shouted back and the rain finally poured down heavily, dripping his hair and clothes.

"What in the world are you doing?" Gulf screamed at him and before he know it, he was close to Joe allowing the rain to dance above his head.

He was in an insane situation with Joe, who cowered forward and stood before him making himself a screen against the wind. "Now, you can tell everyone that heavy rains are not as harsh as they think." Joe warmly whispered.

Joe might not have made sense to him  before but now as Gulf felt his wet clothes, his wet hair and the tender wind penetrate inside the skin, he somehow felt liberated.

Perhaps, it was the realisation that fears can be overcome and that one must confront their fear rather than run away from it or hide away. Or the realization that he need to respect himself, have confidence in who he was and actually be a person who could say with pride, I went through it and I made it.

Meanwhile from the top floor of the Wang's office, Suppasit Jongcheveevat watched his best friend and the boy he once kissed drenching in the harsh rain while they laughed together. And the scene twisted his gut in a strange way. His heart felt heavy and felt as though it should have been him there making Gulf laugh like that.

But still, from the distance, he noticed how beautiful Gulf looked when he laughed.

And without a warning, a faint memory of Gulf singing in his car brushed his mind and it tingled his heart. As he continued watching, he realised it was the same boy who used to be confident, reckless but at the same time kind hearted enough to play a game with him just to help him.

This triggered an emotion he didn't feel before. Mew remembered the morning Gulf took care of his grandfather.. Grandpa, is he still alive? Mew wondered and suddenly it hit him that he didn't know a thing about Gulf. He didn't even bother to ask how his parents reacted to the whole fiasco. He didn't even once asked him how he was doing all those years or how he felt about everything that happened between them.

Have I really been that selfish? Mew cringed in shame as he reflected upon his actions and the pain he must have inflicted upon this young man. And suddenly he found the need to get closer to Gulf. He wanted to know his Gulf better, get close to him and become the reason for his happiness.

But in the blink of an eye, all his renewed hope and passion disappeared into thin air through a phone call from Samantha, the girl he had been in love for three months. And that was when Mew realised he had been nothing but selfish his entire life.

***

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

124K 6.9K 45
Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to forget about it, he never knew that the...
110K 6.7K 41
Kanawut. in business world, they call him the Devil. And it was true in every sense of the word. He was cold, ruthless, blunt, fearless, merciless. B...
91K 4.6K 11
Mew, the young CEO of Suppasit Corp. is kinda forced into an arranged marriage with a soccer player the nation's going wild over. His spouse is far...
97.3K 6.1K 45
Soul who was Hurted but Healed, Tortured but Treated, Betrayed by Loved ones but Loved by Strangers. Mature content.18+ Started:17 Sep2021 Ended: 24...