One Night Stand [HIATUS]

By phoebesching

PREVIOUSLY 'Possessive Mr. CEO' āI fell in love with a one night stand...āž A bottle of Jack and two people w... More

Morning sickness...
Searching..
Telling..
Shocked..
Hurt..
Confrontations..
Cast Change
Apologies..
Home sweet home...
Overprotective...(Unedited)
Mood Swings... (Unedited)
Tree Picking...(Unedited)
Overdue Date..

Found..

13.9K 453 21
By phoebesching

C H A P T E R 3.
|f o u n d|

"Dr. Somers. Paging Dr. Somers. Please head to the E.R." I heard from the intercom. Knowing it was an emergency I rush to the E.R.

I stop to ask a nurse what was going on, "Hey Lily, whats going on?"

"Dr. Somers, there has been a car accident. Male, late 20's. Injuries are unknown to me as of right now. The ambulance is bringing him in now." Lily informs me. I nod to her in thanks before rushing off to meet the paramedics.

"Give me an update please." I say, as the paramedics take the patient out of the ambulance.

"So far, we have identified no broken bones but there is a potentially fatal laceration in the upper torso. He's losing a lot of blood and fast," A male paramedic tells me.

I inhale a sharp breath before yelling, "Alright, I need a room prepped and ready 5 minutes ago. Get me blood for transfusions as well!"

"Room 205 is prepped and ready Dr. Somers." A nurse calls to me. I let them take him in as I rush to change and clean myself for the operation.

I sigh while standing over the patients torso. It's never easy receiving a patient in this condition-- and no matter how many times I've went through it I still get a bit emotional.

Blinking away the moisture building in my eyes, I look at his injured body with a look of determination, "Alright, let's get started. Michael, please pass me-"

I look at his wound and found a large piece of metal imbedded in his skin. Pushing back the nauseous feeling, I begin my job.

|1 hour later|

"Alright, continue blood transfusions and dress the wound." I inform, walking out of the room as the nurses transport my patient to a room. I head to the nurses desk to fill out paperwork for him.

I blink when I see his name is Kayden Sanders.

'Could it be him?'

I was so in the zone that I hadn't really looked at his face. But his name, I mean how many Kayden Sanders could there be? Shaking away my thoughts, I proceed to complete what needs to be done. I'll see if it's him or not eventually.

As I am writing out his injuries and such, an older woman along with a bunch of other people run up to the desk.

"I'm looking for my son. His name is Kayden Sanders," The older woman says frantically. Upon hearing Kayden's name I walk towards them.

"Hello ma'am, I am assuming you are Mr. Sanders mother. I was the doctor who operated on him. He's very lucky. Most of his injuries were pretty minor. However, there was a piece of metal that had cut into him. It could have been potentially fatal but I was able to remove it safely. Due to that injury, he lost a lot of blood but he is in stable condition. Right now, he is being transferred to his room from surgery. So, he is still unconscious. But if you would like, I could bring you to his room," I inform the family, smiling as I see them all sigh with relief.

Before I could say anything more Kaydens mother yanks me into a hug as she cries, "Thank you so much for saving my son."

I hug her back before pulling away with a large smile on my face, "Its no problem ma'am. I'm just doing my job."

These are one of the reasons I do what I do. Not only had I saved a life but I was able to save it for a family. A family who would have been devastated if their loved one died. Even though it's a stressful and high alert job, these are the moments I live for.

"Alright, well let me take you to his room."

. . .

"Oh my baby!" Mrs. Sanders cries upon seeing her bruised and beat up son. I don't get a chance to see his face due to his family blocking him but I hear him wince.

I turn towards Sara with confusion on my face, "Why wasn't I called as soon as he awoke?" She looks at me and shrugs.

"Reagan, I'm not his nurse-- Alena is." She replies with an annoyed sigh causing me to frown.

Alena is, let's just say she gets around a lot. And not to mention very, very rude. However, for as long as I have worked here, I never let her attitude get the best of me. I've kept my composure and always remained professional.

Right on time, she walks into the room. I quickly turn to her before asking, "Hey Alena, why wasn't I informed that Mr. Sanders was awake?"

She looks at me and scoffs making me raise an eyebrow in shock and confusion. That type of attitude is one of the reasons why so many people dislike hospitals. They don't trust it because some nurses and doctors are cruel and uncaring towards their patients.

It's sad, however I refuse to let anyone put my patients lives on the line.

"Because you didn't have to be. He's my patient.." She snaps, making everyone in the room look at her in surprise.

They all look to me in anticipation as they wait for me to speak. However, I point towards the door and wait for her to step out, before following her.

"This isn't a competition Alena. Here, in this hospital? We're a team. Yes, you are his assigned nurse. But I am his assigned doctor for the moment. I just operated on him, so his current condition concerns me. And please be more mindful as to how you speak to me especially in front of patients. Although I may not be your boss, I can certainly bring the fact that you are endangering a patients life up to Kenneth, our E.R. head nurse. I know that everyone can let their attitude get the best of them sometimes but you need to show some respect to your coworkers as well as the patient that you are working with."

She gapes in shock and embarrassment before rushing away from the room. I sigh in exhaustion before stepping back into the room with a smile plastered on my face.

"Yeah, its about time you put that girl in her place.." Sara cheers making everyone laugh, however, I scold her quietly.

Taking a deep breath, I turn around to face everyone. My eyes finally see what my patient looks like and widen as I see who it is.

My face drains of color and my eyes scan each of his family members faces. I refrain from touching my stomach where the baby--that we made together--laid.

"Its you.." He whispers, his eyes wide.

Kayden

Groaning, I open my eyes only to be blinded by bright lights. My body aches as I try to sit up. Confusion fills me, not knowing where I am.

"Hi Mr. Sanders, I'm Alena. I'm your nurse. I'm actually very surprised to see you awake so soon." A blonde nurse says, walking into the room.

"W-what, what happened?" I ask, finally managing to find the button to sit me up.

When she looks at me, her whole demeanor changes. Sending me a flirty smile she purrs, "You were in a car accident. Your injuries were minor but you had a metal imbedded into your side so you had to have surgery and a blood transfusion."

Once again, I groan as the pain hits me in waves, "Do you think I can get some pain medication?"

"Sure thing sexy.. I'll be back." She says, sending me a wink before walking out and swaying her hips in an exaggerated manner. I shiver in disgust at her desperate attempts.

I lean back only to wince in pain when something hugs me. Looking down I see my mother squeezing me and everyone else flooding the room. I see the head of the doctor as she speaks to Sara.

As I speak to my family, I hear someone snap, "Because you didn't have to be. He's my patient.." My family and I all look up in surprise, spotting my nurse, Alena, speaking to the doctor.

We watch as the doctor gestures to step outside. However, we still heard her reply to the creepy nurse, "This isn't a competition Alena. Here, in this hospital? We're a team. Yes, you are his assigned nurse. But I am his assigned doctor for the moment. I just operated on him, so his current condition concerns me. And please be more mindful as to how you speak to me especially in front of patients. Although I may not be your boss, I can certainly bring the fact that you are endangering a patients life up to Kenneth, our E.R. head nurse. I know that everyone can let their attitude get the best of them sometimes but you need to show some respect to your coworkers as well as the patient that you are working with."

The doctors voice sounds so familiar but I just couldn't figure out why. I heard rapid footsteps echoing down the hall before the doctor steps back in the room. I felt drawn to her immediately and couldn't help the sigh of annoyance when she still didn't face me.

"Yeah, its about time you put that girl in her place.." Sara cheers making us all laugh and the doctor scolds her quietly.

Finally, she turns around and my breath is taken away. I couldn't believe what, or rather who, I was seeing in front of me. My heartbeat went onto overdrive causing everyone in the room to become alert.

I swallow as I look down in embarrassment. However, I quickly look back at her again with wide eyes, "It's you."

She stares back, just as shocked as me. However, her face loses all color before her eyes shoot towards each person fearfully. I watch her reaction, a little confused.

"Um, honey.. What are you talking about?" My mom asks while resting a hand on my shoulder.

I look away from the mysterious beauty in front of me with a huge smile on my face, "Mom it's her. The one I've been looking for!"

My family looks at me in shock and happiness before looking towards Reagan with the same emotions.

Reagan.

I found her..

Reagan

I found him..

Oh shit.

C O M M E N T

V O T E

F O L L O W

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 228 37
"š“Øš“øš“¾ š“Ŗš“»š“® š“½š“±š“® š“«š“Ŗš“·š“® š“øš“Æ š“¶š”‚ š“®š”š“²š“¼š“½š“®š“·š“¬š“® š“œš“²š“Ŗ š“’š“Ŗš“»š“Ŗ" Ā°Ā°Ā° š™‡š™Ŗš™£š™– š™‘š™–š™”š™šš™§š™žš™–, your average normal adult trying to make bo...
2.1M 62.6K 31
Who knows what an elevator ride with a dangerously sexy man can do to your heart. Meeting charmers was a part of Nora's daily life. But never in a m...
651K 15.3K 55
It all started with a red dress and a resignation letter ... ******* For five years Andin has been working as Mr. Sebastia...
1.5M 34.4K 61
When Charlotte is left devastated by her boyfriend's infidelity. She finds herself persuaded into a night out with her friends. In which she meets a...