consequences// 5SOS

Από 5sosxruel

Kaykay was a stranger. Well, not a stranger, but she practically was. She'd left 13 years ago, leaving Isabe... Περισσότερα

;
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

5

3.7K 90 23
Από 5sosxruel

Isabelle

"So this is why mum made me take a photo without smiling," I said, studying my passport once we were out of security,  "This is not a good look,"

"Mine isn't either,"

"You still look pretty, that's not fair,"

"Izz, you are beautiful,"

I shrugged and looked around the airport, surprised to see so many shops and restaurants. This is not what I expected.

"I need the toilet,"

"Okay, go on then,"

Once I had peed, we wandered round the restaurants to read the menus, then picked one and got a table. There was plenty of time before our flight, which was then only a couple of hours long. Kaykay was right, we would be there by the night.

"What do you fancy? I might have the chicken burger,"

"Maybe the mac n cheese,"

"Sounds good. Ash will cook us a nice homemade meal tonight,"

"I just want a sandwich,"

"Okay, he can make a sandwich,"

"Don't expect me to spend all day with you two,"

"Sure, but we are also using some of our very limited holiday to get to know you,"

"You keep acting like a victim, a little bit. I never made you use your limited holiday," I mumbled, "Like I am a problem,"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to do that,"

"Okay, but you did,"

"All I wanted to do was emphasise how much getting to know you means to me,"

We ordered our food and she took my hand across the table, gently squeezing it. I think she thought restaurants were maybe a hard place for me, and that food was difficult. I mean, both could be true, but not for the reasons she thought.

At least I had her support though, I had appreciated that immensely. It was a nice change.

Our food came and she tucked into it, watching as I cooled mine down and took small bites.

"Is it me? Do you need to eat alone?"

"What?"

"Is that why you're struggling to eat?"

"I'm not struggling, I have a small appetite,"

"You can talk to me if anything is up, you know? As your older sister,"

"I know,"

"Even the hard stuff,"

"I know. I don't want to lose weight, Kaykay. I'd love to eat this whole bowl, but I get full, okay? Like a normal person gets full,"

"You get full quickly,"

"And?"

"Nothing," she smiled, "Eat as much as you can, okay?"

"Yeah,"

My stomach still hurt which put me off even more, but I managed about half the bowl and called it a day. She ordered a cake for us to share, though she ate most of it, then we grabbed out carry on bags and headed down to our gate.

I went to the toilet, then she did too, then I went again. Either my drink had gone straight through me, or I was nervous for the flight. Perhaps both.

"It's only a short flight,"

"Yeah,"

"You'll be okay," she said, wrapping her arm round me, "You can sleep if you want,"

I nodded and we joined the boarding queue, slowly getting closer and closer to the front. Eventually we got onto the plane and found our seats, Kaykay turning our phones onto airplane mode. I had the window seat, so I rested on the side of the plane and buckled myself in, zoning out of the safety briefing.

The whole ordeal was a lot slower than I expected. It took a while to get onto the runway, but once we were up in the air I could finally sleep. I was quite tired lately, so I appreciated it.

Kaykay woke me up by rubbing my tummy, again, which made me slap her hand off again. However, I could feel the thrill of excitement radiating off her, and decided to bite my tongue.

"We want to get out quickly,"

"Why?"

"To get to the front of the queue,"

I nodded and grabbed my bag, feeling the ground below us. As soon as the plane stopped, she shimmed out of the row and tugged me along, both of us waiting to be let off the plane.

This airport was larger, and busier, so I linked arms with Kaykay as we went through security and found our bags.

"I am just gonna call Ash,"

"Okay, I need the toilet,"

"Come on then,"

While I went to the toilet, she called Ashton, then we left the airport and went to where he was collecting us. The sunset over us was beautiful, and I crashed into a body since I wasn't paying attention.

"Hello,"

"Sorry,"

"Ash!"

Immediately, he cupped Kaykay's cheeks and kissed her, then they pulled each other into a tight hug. Then, he pulled me into a hug, and kissed my head.

"Welcome home,"

"Not home,"

"Shall we get going before it gets dark?" Kaykay said, "I am hungry,"

"Sounds like a plan,"

They put our suitcases in the car, but I climbed into the back and put my seatbelt on, silently resting on the car door.

When they climbed in the car, neither of them looked at me, and then we began to travel again. Tomorrow would be a day of no moving for sure.

They chatted in the front while I zoned into the radio, watching the new city around me. I felt out of place.

As a couple of tears streamed down my face, I wiped them and sniffed, catching their attention.

"I know it's been a long day sweetheart,"

"I wanna go home,"

"This can be home," Ashton said, "Promise,"

"Let me go home," I said, trying to open my car door, "I wanna... I wanna go home,"

"That's not possible,"

Defeated, I banged against the car door with my fist and sobbed, eventually just hanging my head.

The car came to a halt and they both got out the car, Kaykay swinging my door open which made me fall out onto her body.

"I'm scared,"

"Why?"

"Everything is new,"

"It'll be a good new. This is our house,"

I looked around and my jaw dropped.

Their front garden was huge, and a path lined with plants of all kind led to their double front door. It was two stories high, and quite wide- I could see the living room and kitchen from over here.

I followed them inside and wandered round the open plan, my mouth still dropped in shock. They had large sofas and a huge kitchen, but also an area with hammocks and tapestries hung everywhere. Plants too.

There was an enclosed room that looked like an office, then a bathroom to the left.

"Wow,"

"Come and see your room," Ashton said, "You'll love it,"

I went upstairs and he took me into a room with a double bed in the middle. Tapestries were hung up, and there were lots of plants and prints in here.

"I painted the walls white,"

"Oh Ash,"

"Thankyou," I said quietly.

"My sister had to tell me what was trendy, I hope it's all okay,"

"I love it, thanks,"

"I'll bring your suitcase up. You have your own bathroom,"

I sat on the bed and looked round, finding so much life and vibrancy dotted around. They had really gone all out for me.

My desk had plenty of pens, my wardrobe was built into the wall, and I had a huge mirror as well.

"I heard you want a sandwich for tea?" Ashton said, putting my suitcase down. He was much taller than I expected, and intimidated me a little bit. Only a little, because he seemed to melt around Kaykay.

"Yeah, please,"

"What filling?"

"Ham, and lettuce please,"

"Okay, why don't you come down?"

I shook my head and he nodded, shutting my bedroom door behind him. Instead, I crawled under the covers and sighed, studying my decor.

Ashton's sister was definitely on trend, and a similar age I assumed since she had got lots of ideas from social media. It felt like I had my own space now, and could be a teenager.

Knowing I wouldn't be trapped in this room was a relief.

"Izz! Come down please,"

"No,"

"We need to eat together,"

"No!"

"Please!"

I huffed and walked out the room, stomping downstairs to the table. Both of them had a roast dinner, so I sat with my sandwich, looking down. 

Kaykay kissed my head and hugged me, rubbing my arm. I broke into tears again. It was that easy to break at this point.

Today was not my day.

"Sweetheart," she hushed, "I know it's been a long day,"

"I'm not hungry,"

"Try and eat as much as you can,"

"I am not hungry,"

"Isabelle, hey, look at me," Ashton said, reaching across the table to hold my hand, "Look at me,"

"What?"

"You have been on the move all day, and surprisingly, that takes a lot of energy out of someone. Ideally you'd be having a meal like us, but we have respected your choices and really need you to eat the sandwich,"

"I am genuinely not hungry,"

"You have hardly eaten today," Kaykay mumbled, "Half?"

"Fine,"

I ate half the sandwich and then tried my best to eat the rest, getting up to go to my room; Kaykay held me back and said I had to stay until they were finished, so I glumly sat down and sighed.

They tried to talk to me, but I tuned them out and picked at my nails instead.

My emotions kept wavering in and out about being here; I had a great room, and they cared about me, but it was almost too much considering I hadn't had this level of attention pretty much ever.

Deep down, I knew I was happy to be here.

"Watch a movie with us,"

"No,"

"Please?"

"No, leave me alone,"

"Let her be," Ashton said, "I advise you go to sleep soon, you look and sound exhausted angel,"

"I'm showering,"

"Okay. Perhaps we can talk more tomorrow?"

"No,"

"You do you, but I will be waiting,"

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

664K 17.8K 60
Jessie's parents had given her up when she was only four years old and she had been living in a orphanage ever since. 12 years later, her entire lif...
7.4K 268 42
"You need to hang on." he told her through his tears. "I need you." She nodded. "You come back to me alive." he whispered. He leaned in and gently ki...
together Από A

Fanfiction

556K 13.8K 52
"Why do you always stay with me?" "I like it when we're together"
16.6K 429 10
When June turns 18 she is suddenly forced to grow up. After her parents death she is the one who has to take care of her little sister but being 18 d...