Magic and Wolves: Book 1 of W...

By emmawaack

"Alright Mr. Steinson you can pay Franny. Let us know if any problems come up." She opened the door and smile... More

Call Me Hammer
Trust Me CeCe
My Apologizes Ma'am
Stay Smart Cecilia
Focus, You Don't Want to Blow Up the House
Something to Remind You
Damn Wolf Instincts
Let Me Sneak Out the Back
I'm The Big Bad Wolf
Quit Acting Like a Stalker
Prove Me Wrong
Is This the Mate Thing?
Shut Him Up
It Smells Like Rain
I Overshared
It's Been a Long Day
Karma
It Won't Be Too Painful
A Gentle Reminder
I Never Thought About Consequences
I Will Begin to Lose My Calm
Not My House
Time To Teach This Mutt A Lesson
Fate Is A Funny Thing
Not Too Ridiculous?
You Guys Don't Mess Around, Do You?
Mind, Body, Spirit
What's Troubling you
What's Your Answer
Mad World
I Promise Not to Get Murdered
Run
You Do Not Disappoint
Time To Be The Alpha
Troubled
Resilient
How Old Are You?
Magic Energy
Breakfast
Who Are You?
Not Much of a Talker
Do You Have a Suggestion
Instincts
Too Tired for This Shit
Into the Fire
Francis
Chaos Erupts
Definitely Not a Dream
Epilogue

We Have a Plan

2.6K 132 7
By emmawaack

West Mountains City Council was made up of 10 Fae, Cecilia and nine other various Fae. She hadn't actually met some of them yet. She was a part of the Council because she was the Pack's Alpha and because of their role in the towns safety it was required that the Alpha was a member of the Council. She recognized Jing Owens, a tall, well built, extremely handsome physiologist whom she had worked with before. Camilia was also there; she immediately gave Cecilia a reassuring hug and a few words of encouragement. The one member she hadn't really expected was Sylas, he hadn't mentioned being part of the City Council.

"You're part of the City Council as well?" She whispered when he moved into great her.

"Yes, it was a requirement of the Council of Elders that if we live in a Safe Haven, we are on the City's Council. So, it seems I am cursed to be in politics for eternity." He sighed heavily, "Let me introduce the rest of the Council so we can hear your plan."

They didn't waste any time beyond a run-down of names and what kind of Fae they were. Cecilia went over everything, starting from when she arrived at Hammer's house. They asked a few questions as she talked but mostly stayed quiet, letting her get all the facts out and then go over the plan she had made with Asher, Oscar and Alistar.

"How many people are you planning to take?" A small Fairy with fluttering wings asked as he looked over the map on the table, "will you be able to maintain the level of stealth needed?"

"We want to take around 40, we were told 15 but that number might not be accurate, so we are pushing for 2 per Mage plus some extra. The Lions have volunteered and about 20 wolves, the rest will stay and guard the community center and the town. Anyone who wants to is welcome to go to the community center for safety until this is done with."

"Are you only taking shifters. I can understand the desire to only do wolves and large cats. Your plan calls for a good amount of stealth, also we need to be prepared if something goes wrong and you fail. Having the larger shifters here for defense would be in the towns best interest."

"I have no problem with others, I'm not going to turn down someone who wants to help."

"Good." A lanky Fae in the corner answered, "you'll have a few of us then. We're not the type to turn down a free meal."

He flashed a full toothy grin at her. Cecilia knew if any of his kind would be very effective. They fed off others chi or souls. Typically, they just took small amounts from willing people, usually their own Mates, nothing these people couldn't get back with a little time and some good for the soul activities. However, if they unleashed, they were killers.

The rest of the Council nodded, and Cecilia had a feeling they would have multiple volunteers from different Fae around the town.

"We should also get people to help with any wounded we might get." Camelia spoke up, "Let's be realistic here, this isn't going to be a peaceful negotiation. This is a battle, there will be injuries. We can set up a triage at the community center, have the Doctor and anyone with medical training ready."

"I think we have a good plan." Sylas's British accent and tone calling the attention to himself and silencing any other whispers in the room, "Any volunteers should meet here in 4 hours."

That would give them enough time to gather any more volunteers and to settle any business they needed to before leaving. Luckily for Cecilia and her agitated wolf it wasn't too long.

As most of the Council left, Jing stood off to the side waiting till he was alone with Cecilia. She was so lost in thought she didn't notice he had stayed until he spoke.

"Alpha?"

Cecilia's body tensed slightly before relaxing again and she chuckled.

"Jing, fuck I didn't notice you were still here."

"My apologizes, I had hoped to speak with you. The Doctor told me about the extent of your pack members injuries before I got arrived here. They mentioned I might be helpful to him in the near future."

"Oh, yes." Cecilia looked at him for a moment as if deep in thought. "Are you fighting with us Jing?"

"Ah" The young Doctor was a little taken a back, it was not the response he had expected. "No, Alpha. Though strong and deadly when we need to be, we pandas are relatively peaceful and not prone to acts of unprovoked aggression." He said all this in a calm monotone with no change in his neutral facial expression.

Cecilia continued to lead him down a hallway, towards the room they had Steffan in.

"Good, then I have a favor to ask of you."

Jing just raised a single eyebrow at her.

"I'm going to need my Gamma for this fight, but he will not be focused if I can't ensure the safety of his new Mate, your soon to be patient." Cecilia paused in front of a door, "The warriors I'm not taking will be guarding everyone else, they won't be here. I need someone to stay here and keep watch for Carson. Someone I can trust."

"That is a lot of faith you are putting in me Alpha."

Cecilia sighed heavily, "We've worked together before, I have a good idea about who you are and as a fellow shifter I know you have the instincts to protect. Plus, if he wakes up while we are gone you might be better equipped to deal with him than most of us."

"Well, if your Gamma has no problem with an unmated male around his Mate then I will be happy to assist you."

Cecilia slowly opened the door, tapping her knuckles on the wood lightly, alerting the man within of their entry.

Carson had moved one of the larger, more comfortable chairs close to the bed. His feet were propped up on the bed, slightly touching Steffan's leg. His cobalt blue eyes locked onto Jing as he and the Alpha stepped into the room.

"Carson this is Dr. Jing Owens. He's going to be watching Steve while we are gone." Carson's eyes narrowed and he barred his teeth, his canines starting to elongate. "Oh, keep it in your pants boy. He's our best choice and I swear on my role as Alpha that your Mate will come to no harm by his or any hand while you are away from him."

Carson looked shell shocked, the amount of trust she was showing, to make an oath on her position as Alpha was no small thing and they all knew it. Carson exhaled deeply and stood, holding out his hand to Jing, who took it in return.

"Sorry for the rude first impression. Been a weird couple of hours, my wolf is acting like a right asshole right now. Even I'm sick of his bullshit."

"Steve looks much better Carson." Cecilia spoke up," I'm glad you let the Omegas take care of the two of you. If not for him, then for them."

"Well, it's hard to say no to 10 doe eyed bambis who only want to help and look like they could flood the building if refused." Carson chuckled.

"We're going to leave in four hours. You will rest here till then; I'm going to need you sharp." Cecilia moves to the door. "Try talking to him, Steve might be able to hear you."

Carson was about to reply when a rough voice came from the bed.

"Name....Steffan.....Not Steve."

"What the hell? Is he waking up?" Carson almost shouted.

"No, I think his unconscious mind took over for a moment. He must have a very strong desire to be called Steffan instead of Steve if it woke him from a near coma." The only doctor in the room answered.

"I'll call him whatever he wants, as long as he is ok."  Carson settled back into his chair, his eyes never leaving his new Mate.

Cecilia walked Jing out to his motorcycle.

"How are you holding up Alpha, and please don't say I'm fine. I'm too good at my job to believe that bundle of lies."

Cecilia thought for a moment, trying to organize her emotions.

"I'm conflicted. Part of me thinks this is the right thing to do, who cares if there is risk and other people might get hurt. This is getting my Mate back so damn the consequences. But the other part of me argues that we are showing our hand and the protection of the town is more important than one man, my Mate or not. We would be safer if we forget about Sampson."

"One life is just as important as any other." Jing looked at her, his deep brown eyes intense, "you are not making this choice alone. We all agree, the Mages are too great a threat to ignore, and your plan is good. Our choice would have been the same if they didn't have your Mate. Look at what they did to Steffan, we cannot stand by and let that kind of reckless prejudice and malice go unchecked. Everyone who is going into danger is volunteering. So, stop trying to split yourself apart with unnecessary internal conflict and focus on your plan. If you are unfocused, you will not succeed, and we all need you to succeed."

The Alpha wolf wiped the tears away from her checks, feeling calm for the first time since realizing her Mate was gone.

"Damn Jing, you really are good at this."

He smiled as he climbed onto his motorcycle.

"Get some rest Alpha. In four hours, you're going to war."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.6K 96 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
109 28 16
something i'd love to publish one day. after some hefty editing tho aha. intercept: Felix found himself very invested in Alice's daily visits. He wa...
55.1K 4.2K 47
Finding out that your parents, the people that raised you your whole life, weren't your actual parents was hard. Being told at the ripe ol' age of e...
299K 10.6K 56
Being a alpha/beta wolf is not all its out to be. Theo being the son of an alpha and beta has strength and anger like no other. The only ones to calm...