Heart Of Darkness (Star Wars)

By catalan_andrea

Helia Halcyon is a bounty hunter working with the Bounty Hunters' Guild. Helia has a dark past that she has d... More

Chapter 1: Betraying The Guild
Chapter 2: Sorgan
Chapter 3: Training The Villagers
Chapter 4: The Secret
Chapter 5: The Past
Chapter 6: Tatooine
Chapter 7: Saving Us
Chapter 8: The Mercenaries
Chapter 9: Betrayed
Chapter 10: Nothing Like Them
Chapter 11: Getting Help
Chapter 12: What Could Go Wrong?
Chapter 13: I Can't Leave You
Chapter 14: Clan Of Four
Chapter 15: The Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Back To Corellia
Chapter 17: Do You Trust Me?
Chapter 18: Mos Pelgo
Chapter 19: The Krayt Dragon
Chapter 20: The Raiders
Chapter 21: The Frog Lady
Chapter 22: Ice Spiders
Chapter 23: Trask
Chapter 24: Bo-Katan
Chapter 25: The Heist
Chapter 26: Arguments & Old Friends
Chapter 27: Old Imperial Base
Chapter 28: Calodan
Chapter 29: Ahsoka Tano
Chapter 30: Two Jedi & A Mandalorian
Chapter 31: Tython
Chapter 32: They're Back
Chapter 33: To Morak
Chapter 34: Brown Eyes
Chapter 35: The Next Move
Chapter 36: Old Ghosts
Chapter 37: Together Again
Chapter 39: Training With Ahsoka
Chapter 40: The Natives Of Abbaji
Chapter 41: Moff Sidero
Chapter 42: To Ilum
Chapter 43: The Mission on Dantooine
Chapter 44: The Mandalorians
Chapter 45: The Attack
Chapter 46: The Tragedy
Chapter 47: Hold On
Chapter 48: The Promise
Sequel's Up!

Chapter 38: Parting Ways

401 5 4
By catalan_andrea

"Are you a Jedi?" Din asked. 

Before Luke could say anything, Kaytia rushed over towards him with a huge smile on her face. "Uncle Luke!"

Luke smiled as Kaytia wrapped her arms around him. Luke returned her hug at once. "Are you all right?"

Kaytia nodded. Luke looked over at me as his smile widened. "Mira!"

I walked over towards him with a smile on my face. Once I approached him, Luke gave me a hug, which I returned. I was happy to see him again. Once we pulled away from the hug, I spoke up. "It's good to see you again, Luke."

"You too, Mira." Luke mentioned.

"So this is your brother?" Din inquired.

Not exactly the way I expected my brother to meet my boyfriend. I gave him a nod as I walked back towards Din. "Yeah, he is. Luke, this is my boyfriend, Mando-"

"Actually, it's Din, Din Djarin." Din corrected.

I looked over at Din, baffled. Din didn't give his name out like that to just anyone. He glanced over at me, giving me a shrug. Luke responded at once. "Pleasure to meet you."   

Din replied with a nod. Remembering that I had Obi-Wan's lightsaber, I took it out of my belt. I extended it out to Luke, who looked at it in confusion. He probably didn't realize it was Obi-Wan's lightsaber. With this in mind, I explained it to him.

"This is Obi-Wan's lightsaber. I found it around a Sith's belt." I clarified.

"Keep it. You found it." Luke replied, baffling me.

Luke then noticed Grogu, staring at Luke from the chair. Luke extended a hand out towards Grogu. "Come, little one."

Grogu looked at Luke before looking over Din and me. I then felt Grogu, communicating with me. For once, I understood him. "With him, can I go?"

My heart clenched. He was asking for our permission. Din turned to face Luke, not understanding why Grogu didn't move. Din then spoke. "He doesn't want to go with you."

"He wants your permission. Like Kaytia, he is strong in the Force, but talent without training is nothing." Luke explained.

I could feel Din's pain and anguish as he turned around to look at Grogu. Luke must've felt it too as he spoke up. "I will give my life to protect this child. But both of them will not be safe until they master their abilities."

Din walked over towards Grogu, picking him up into his arms. I noticed the hesitation on Kaytia's face. Kaytia made her way back towards us. I watched as Din looked down at Grogu.

"Hey, go on." Din advised. "That's who you belong with. He's one of your kind." 

"We'll see you again." I added.

"We promise." Din assured him.

I then watched as Grogu extended a hand out towards Din's helmet. What Din did next surprised me. Din slowly took off his helmet, allowing Grogu and Kaytia to see him for the first time. Grogu reached his hand out, placing a hand on Din's cheek. Din closed his eyes. I watched as Kaytia looked at him, studying his face.

Din then opened his eyes, turning to look at Kaytia. She threw her arms around him, and Din responded, by wrapping his free arm around her, pulling her into a hug. Tears began to fill in my eyes.

"No matter what, you'll always be my dad." Kaytia informed him.

Upon hearing her words, Din's brown eyes glistened with tears. I felt my heart warm up at her words. A smile appeared on his face. "And you'll always be my daughter, no matter what."

Kaytia then looked over at me. "Can you sing that lullaby again for Grogu and me, mom?"

Upon hearing Kaytia's words, Grogu's eyes lit up, letting out a coo. I nodded. "Of course."

With that, I began to sing the lullaby that they both loved, keeping my gaze on my new family, Din's and my clan. "When tomorrow comes, I'll be on my own. Feeling frightened of the things that I don't know. When tomorrow comes...Tomorrow comes. And though the road is long, I look up to the sky. And in the dark I found, I lost hope that I won't fly. And I sing along, and I sing along."

And to our surprise, Din began to sing along with me. "I got all I need when I got you and I. I look around me, and see a sweet life. I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight. You're getting me, getting me through the night. Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes. Can't lie, it's a sweet life. I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight. You're getting me, getting me through the night. 'Cause you're my flashlight, you're my flashlight. You're my flashlight."

Both Kaytia and Grogu gave us smiles, happy to hear the lullaby from the both of us. I couldn't believe Din sang with me. I never heard Din sing, and I was happy to have heard him. He sounded very beautiful. 

"All right, ade. It's time to go." Din urged.

Reluctantly, Kaytia pulled away from Din's embrace. Grogu let out a whine, causing my heart to clench. I placed a hand on his head. "Hey, don't be afraid. It'll be all right."

Din then gently placed Grogu on the ground. Grogu looked up at us before looking over at Ani. Ani let out a whine as Grogu wrapped his hands around one of his legs, giving him a hug. Ani lowered his head, allowing Grogu to hug him. Kaytia raised a hand, running it through Ani's fur. She gave him a smile, but I could tell she was trying her best to hide her tears, but I could feel her sadness growing.

"I'll miss you too, Ani." Kaytia mentioned.

Ani let out a sad whimper, letting Kaytia know that he'd miss her too. At that moment, Luke's astromech, R2-D2 appeared, standing beside Luke. R2 let out a few beeps, greeting me. I smiled. "Hey R2."

Grogu immediately turned around, looking at R2 in fascination before making his way towards the astromech. Kaytia gave us one last smile before walking over towards Grogu and R2. She placed a hand on the droid's head, who let out a few high pitch beeps, greeting her.

"I'm glad to see you too, R2." Kaytia greeted back.

We watched as Grogu let out a coo. R2 replied with a few beeps, sounding excited. Luke gave them a smile before looking at us. Din gave him a nod. Grogu then raised his arms, waiting to be lifted. Luke then gently picked him up from the ground. Luke looked back at us.

"May the Force be with you." Luke mentioned.

"May the Force be with you too, brother." I replied.

More tears filled my eyes as I watched them turned around before leaving the bridge. I knew we'd see them again, but it was still very hard to say goodbye. As they walked over to the turbolift, Kaytia and Grogu both looked back at us. Din and I gave them smiles as we both fought back the tears that threatened to fall from our eyes, assuring them that we'd be fine. It wasn't until the door of the turbolift closed that tears finally slipped from my eyes, streaming down my cheeks.

I turned towards Din to see tears falling down his cheeks as well. They're gone. He said nothing, instead he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. I knew this day would come, but nothing would prepare me for this. After what felt like hours, Din and I pulled away from each other's embrace. Boba's ship returned, making its way to the cargo bay, where we crash landed in. While Bo-Katan and Koska spoke about their plans on what to do next, Cara grabbed a still unconscious Gideon from the ground. 

"I'm gonna need a ride back to Nevarro." Cara commented.

"We got you covered." Fennec mentioned, placing the strap of her rifle on her shoulder.

I knew that I had to leave, but how would I bring it up to Din? I didn't want to leave him like this, but I knew that the longer I stayed, the harder it would be for me to say goodbye. I felt a pang of guilt as I watched Din pick up his helmet from the ground. Cara approached us with a smile on her face. "Good luck, your majesty."

She then walked off to join Fennec, who helped her carry Gideon. As the both of them prepared to leave the bridge, I blurted out. "Allow me to come along."

Fennec, Cara, and Din all turned to look at me. All of them were baffled upon hearing my words. I dared to glance over at Din's face, and I immediately regretted it. More tears filled Din's eyes as he looked devastated. I could feel Din's anguish as his brown eyes stared at me.

"You're leaving, cyar'ika?" Din croaked out.

"I'm afraid so. I need to go, min larel." I replied.

"But why?" Din asked, placing a hand on my cheek.

"You are on a different path now. You're now the Mand'alor, the leader of Mandalore and its people." I pointed out.

"That doesn't change anything, ner ka'rta. I still love you." Din reminded me.

My heart clenched. Why was he making this more difficult for me? I placed a hand over his hand that rested on my cheek.

"And I love you too, min kor. But we can't be together." I insisted. "We need to go our separate ways."

Din furrowed his brows. "But why?"

Because I'm terrified if I stay, Ahsoka's words will come true. I've already tapped into the dark side. I need to cut myself of all attachments and find Ahsoka, so she can help me stay on the path of a Jedi.

Those words died on my tongue as Din gave me a pleading look, wanting to know why I desperately wished to leave. Fresh new tears began to fill my ocean blue eyes. I wish things could be be different, but I'm a Jedi...and he's a Mandalorian, the King of Mandalore now. 

"Because...I'm not a Mandalorian, Din." I mentioned. "I'm a Jedi. I'm afraid our paths have divided."

"If you're talking about the Darksaber, I could care less about that weapon." He assured me as he stared intently into my eyes. "I care about you, Delmira. You don't need to go."

I love him dearly, but Din and I must part ways. I need to go down my own path as a Jedi in order to prevent myself from making the same mistakes as my dad. I have to let Din go. With this in mind, I said what I had kept inside of me, knowing it would allow Din to let me go. I knew it would hurt him, but it was the only way.

"Jedi are enemies to the Mandalorians. The Armorer on Nevarro said that and so did that Magistrate of Corvus. I have to leave, this is the way..." I trailed off as my tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

However, I did everything I could, fighting back my tears. I can't cry in front of Din anymore, I need to be strong. Din lowered his hand as he staggered back, looking as though I hit him.

"I wish you the best, Din." I said before turning to face Ani, who had been watching the both of us in silence. I placed a hand over Ani's head. "Ani, stay here, with Din. I'm gonna go, but you'll help Din out."

I watched as Ani let out a whine, taking a step towards me. I felt Ani's pain as his light brown eyes stared at me. I knew he wouldn't want to part ways with me, but I didn't want to leave Din alone.

"No, you should take him. You two have a bond." Din advised.

I looked back at Din to see him looking down at his helmet, which now rested in his hands. He then placed his helmet back on before turning to look at me. I forced a smile, but I know that it didn't reach my eyes. "Then I shall take Ani with me."

Fennec then approached us, looking somewhat hesitant to cut in. "Sorry to interrupt, but Boba's here. You still wanna come along?"

I felt Din's gaze on me, waiting to hear my answer. I let out a shaky breath. "...Yes, I still do."

Fennec gave me a nod. Cara and Fennec walked out of the bridge, letting me know it was time to go. I looked over at Din one last time before saying my final words. "Goodbye Din, may the Force be with you."

"Please cyar'ika, don't do this." Din pleaded, croaking out his words. "I can't lose you too. Stay here please."

I could feel my heart breaking, but I remained firm as I looked down at Ani. "I'm sorry, Din. This is for the best. Come Ani, it's time to go."

With that, I followed Cara and Fennec out of the bridge and into the long hallway, where debris of the dark troopers remains lied. I wanted to look back at Din and run back to him, and stay by his side. However, I remained strong, keeping my gaze forward, slowly making my way into the turbo-lift.

~Third Person P.O.V~

As Din watched Delmira, walking out of the bridge, he felt his heart shatter into million pieces. Din whispered. "Look back, Delmira. Look back at me, cyar'ika...please."

Delmira kept her gaze on the ground as soon as she walked into the turbo-lift. The door then closed. As he watched Boba's ship leave from the cruiser through the window, he felt his entire world coming crashing down. Once the ship left, entering hyperspace, Din stormed over towards Bo-Katan, who was still talking to Koska. However as soon as Din ignited the black blade of the Darksaber, Bo-Katan whipped around to face him.

"Let's do this duel now." Din suggested. "So you can take this laser sword from me."

She wanted nothing more than to take the Darksaber, so she could unite the Mandalorians under one leader and restore her planet for her sister, Satine. But she was hesitant now. When she tried to lead her people against the Empire, she failed them. So many lives were lost, and it was her fault. 

And if Bo-Katan tried again, would they be able to trust her? Her people were already scattered across the galaxies, fending for themselves. Her mind then wandered towards Din as she turned around to face him. The poor man had been through a lot in just one day. Could she strip him of the Darksaber, knowing it was the only thing he had left? He may have been raised by the Watch, but he was still a Mandalorian. Perhaps it was time another Mandalorian to take the position she once held. With this in mind, she took off her helmet before giving him her answer.

"I will not fight you." Bo-Katan informed him. "You are the rightful owner of the Darksaber. Delmira's right, you are the Mand'alor. The throne belongs to you now." 

Din was taken back by her words. He didn't understand. She wanted this weapon so badly, and now she was willing to let Din keep it? Din turned off the Darksaber before lowering it.

"And you will help us find the other Mandalorians. It's time to take Mandalore back." Bo-Katan announced.

~Delmira's P.O.V.~ 

I sat in a chair in the passenger's compartment beside Fennec and across from Cara, Gideon, and Pershing. We all sat in silence, which was a relief. I wasn't in the mood for talking. Ani sat beside me, still whining as he felt my pain. I placed a hand on his head, trying to assure him I was fine. But I was far from fine. I was leaving the man I love behind...It's for the best, Delmira.

"Where would you like to be dropped off, Delmira?" Boba inquired from the cockpit.

"Sorgan." I replied.

That's where my ship, the Naberrie Maiden's at. To be honest, I didn't think I'd ever use it again. I thought I'd be with Kaytia, Grogu, Ani, and Din on the Razor Crest, where we made our home.

"Copy that." Boba confirmed.

Once we arrived on Sorgan, Boba landed his ship beside mine. Boba climbed out of the cockpit, walking into the passenger's compartment, announcing where we were. "We're here. Good luck."

"Thanks. If you ever need help with against the Imps, I'll be glad to help." I informed them.

"We'll keep that in mind." Fennec mentioned.

Cara approached me with a smile on her face. "Hope to see you again."

"Me too. Hopefully you get the intel you're looking for out of Gideon and the scientist." I replied.

"Oh I'm sure I will." Cara assured me.  

I then gave them one last look before Ani and I walked out of the ship. Once we reached my ship, Boba's ship flew out of Sorgan. I looked back at the Naberrie Maiden. There's no turning back now. With this in mind, I climbed inside. Everything was the way I left it. I made my way into the cockpit before plopping down in the pilot's chair. Ani sat down in chair beside me. 

I turned on the ship before making my way to Chandrila. Once we arrived on Chandrila, I landed the ship in the outskirts of Hanna City, next to my small cottage surrounded by soft Balmgrass and a few Garren trees, which was by the silver sea. My heart clenched upon seeing my old home that I made after the Empire fell. Reluctantly, Ani and I climbed out of the ship. As we approached the cottage, my mind couldn't help but linger on the past.

"Are we going to live here?"

I turned to my side to see Kaytia staring at the cottage, inspecting every little detail. I could feel my nerves rising, anxious to know what she thought of our new home. I hoped she would like it.

"Yes. Do you like it?" I questioned.

Kaytia nodded vigorously. "I love it, mom."

My smile widened. "I'm glad you love it, 'cause we'll be close by your Uncle Han and Aunt Leia."

Kaytia's eyes lit up. "Really?! Then I hope we stay here forever."

I stared at the cottage with a heavy heart. I knew going into that cottage wasn't the best idea. And with this in mind, Ani and I walked towards Han's and Leia's apartment, which was in Embassy Row within Hanna City. I tried my best not to cry, but the moment the door of Leia's and Han's apartment opened, revealing Leia's face, I could no longer contain all the tears that I fought back. And so, I finally fell apart... 

~Translations~

Ade----children (Mando'a)

Cyar'ika---beloved (Mando'a)

Min larel---My love (Old Corellian)

Ner ka'rta---My heart or soul (Mando'a)

Min Kor---My heart (Old Corellian)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 6.5K 49
"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a long line of fierce Mandalorian warriors, a...
17.8K 543 43
He's the best bounty hunter in the parsec and she's his most valuable mission yet... After returning Grogu to the Jedi, Din is alone once again. He...
1.5K 62 16
Episode 1 Heir of the Menace The Galaxy's at its pivotal point, many systems are planning on defecting from the Republic. Chancellor Palpatine has th...
304K 12.2K 61
- 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦. For as long as Kasia Torelo can remember, luck and survival have gone hand-in-h...