Crystallized Truth

נכתב על ידי EinfaAsshi

In an age of technology of extensive discoveries, Dehradun is a city in India defying science and nature ever... עוד

Prologue
Cast & Intro
Chapter 1 - Welcome To Dehradun
Chapter 2 - Meeting Eachother
Chapter 3 - A Bad Start
Chapter 4 - Weird Relations
Chapter 5 - Bonfire and Fireworks
Chapter 6 - Stirring Feelings
Chapter 7 - Stirring Hearts
Chapter 8 - Art of Closeness
Chapter 9 - Dinner and Darkness
Chapter 10 - Attack
Chapter 11 - Trailer
Chapter 12 - Surprisingly Surprise
Chapter 13 - New Ways
Chapter 13 (b) - New Ways
Chapter 14 - Scary Thoughts
Attention!!
Chapter 15 - Cold Evening
Chapter 16 - Liability
Chapter 16(b) - Setting stage
Chapter 17 - Slice of Truth
Chapter 18 - Arc
Chapter 19 - First Step
Chapter 20 - Confusion and Surprises
Chapter 22 - Icy Flames
Chapter 22|b| - Icy Flames
Chapter 23 - A Key
Chapter 24 - Killer Power
Chapter 25 - Silver Lining
Chapter 26 - Behind the Scene
Chapter 27 - Unrecognizable World
Chapter 28 - Chocolate and Blood
Chapter 29 - Shifting Shades
Chapter 30 - Bridges to Cross
Chapter 31 - Suffocating Thoughts
Chapter 32 - Cunning of Fox
Chapter 33 - Battling Each Other
Chapter 34 - Murderer or Not
Chapter 35 - Acquaintance of Past
Chapter 36 - A New Twist

Chapter 21 - Search for Facts

131 12 10
נכתב על ידי EinfaAsshi

Ava was being weird. But he couldn't understand why. Everything was fine between them but suddenly Ava would lose focus while being with him.

Did that mean somehow she wasn't happy with him? Or something was upsetting her about their relationship? But why was it so?

At first, he thought Ava needed time and he was invading her privacy a bit too much. One step at a time seemed nice. But even after all his efforts, Ava was giving him mixed reactions. She would be happy in first half and lost in other half of their time which made him wonder where he was going wrong.

He thought he might not be upto her expectations but it wasn't him who turned down a planned romantic night just out of nowhere with a pretext of fatigue.

He just couldn't understand what was going in Ava mind and she wasn't explaining anything either.

"Archie," Ava called.

With a sigh, Archie placed the comb back on its place and walked out of the room that was more like their dressing room now.

Ava walked to him with the same worried expression that would occasionally made its appearance on her face. Her hands were fidgeting with the cuff of her blue shirt.

"Anything wrong?" Archie asked, his heart clenched in a fist.

Tell the truth Ava. Just this time. Please. He wasn't liking this distance and he wanted to be clear on their relationship.

"Wonderful, here you two are," Ashley said on getting out of his former room.

"I forwarded you address of Tanushree Anbolkar. Consider it your data and go at her place." Ashley said looking at Archie.

He could never stop his attitude. Archie rolled his eyes.

"Why ain't you accompanying?" Ava asked hastily.

Archie jerked to her surprised. He thought she might be happy at their alone time, after and before going to the woman's house of course.

"Got some work to do." Ashley shrugged.

"And where's Amy?" Ava asked desperately.

Archie looked away upset. She should've been happy. Not this much worried to be with him.

"I'm not her servant," Ashley muttered angrily.

Looking at Ava worried face, Ashley sighed.

"She is on her... Date." Ashley said grimacing at the last word.

"Am leaving now. Just be sure to inform us everything. Or better record the conversation..." Ashley paused. "Her conversation not yours. Am not in mood for cheesy things." Ashley added.

Ava looked away while Archie looked at her sadly. She didn't seem happy with him. Their relationship wasn't going anywhere. It seemed they might not be together for long.

Ashley walked away muttering something under his breath. Ava turned to Archie and opened her mouth to say something.

"Who knows what might be store there for us." Archie said turning on his heels and reaching out for exit. His words holding double meaning as a dull ache rose in his chest.

__________

There was a lot of distance to cover. But she was sure of her win by now. Even though Dhruv was trying but he was far behind her. She continued scaling the mountain, her gaze focused on her goal.

As the top was within her reach, a smile appeared on her face and she tossed herself over the rough top. Laying down, she stared the cloudy sky with heavy breaths and huge smile.

There was just a strange addiction of being winner. No one could defeat her.

Ashley was just an exception. Besides he had cheated her. Wait what? A sour expression came on her face. She shouldn't be thinking about that arrogant man. It wasn't enough he was invading their space every second in that cursed hotel that she was even starting to think about him.

"To hell with him," Ava muttered sitting up straight.

Dhruv emerged in her view as he reached the top. Ava gave him a smile.

"How does the defeat taste?" Ava asked.

"You wanna taste?" Dhruv offered.

"Suite you better," Ava turned to sky with attitude.

Laughing and teasing, the two trodded down from mountain and walked on the rough path. Their hands entwined.
The open cafe giving a clear view of the two, Ashley held the cup of coffee without much care for it. Their interaction fuelling the fire in his heart.

He should be happy that he got rid of her big mouth. She was busy with her new boyfriend, enjoying and being happy. He got all his time to himself without her interference. He was even spared of her glares and teasing. Then why his heart was not accepting this new situation. His ego was just not liking this ignorance.

"Your coffee got cold." Honey pointed, gaining his attention for a second. "Shall I get you another one?"

Ashley looked at the brown liquid. The white froth resembling the foggy environment and yet Amelia was clear in his sight.

Honey reached out for cup, Ashley took it swiftly and doused the content on ground. The brown liquid sprawled on white crust.

To hell with everything. Ashley stood up. He wasn't going to let anyone dictate him. Neither his mind that was acting weird nowadays and nor Honey who was trying to be his girlfriend. He shouldn't have accepted her proposal at first place. Damn with his mind.

Ashley turned back to look at Honey. He shouldn't just leave her without word though. He could be cold but it wasn't her fault.

"I need to go somewhere, Honey." Ashley said curtly.

___________________________

She should tell him everything soon. Things would mess up for worse. He already seemed upset. Ava sneaked a glance at Archie. He didn't look at her. He was never this much silent and distant.

The door opened pulling her out of the miserable thoughts. A young woman observed them silently.

"Does Mrs Anbolkar lives here?" Archie questioned.

The woman looked at them silently for a long minute. Ava and Archie looked at each other confused.

"Ah, ap madam g se milne aye hain. Andar andar hai wo." The woman said at last with a wide smile.

Ava was thankful of the translator but noticed Archie didn't understand.

"She is inside." Ava told Archie.

Archie nodded and both walked inside tailing the woman they realized as servant. Seemed like servants still in fashion in this part of world, just like other long gone things.

But why was Dehradun so backward when India had reached heights long back?

Ava wondered as they entered the drawing room where a woman sat on plush sofa gushing on her nails.

"Siya, kitny bar bola hai k..." T stopped on noticing the newcomer faces.

Siya, servant, scurried away on seeing T distracted. T stood up slowly staring Ava and Archie in shock.

"Oh my..." T blinked several times. "I thought... But..."

Ava and Archie exchanged glances.

"Uncle, aunty? Ye kese ho skta hai? I mean Abhay Piya k bad ap donon bhi zinda ho? R itna young? How is it possible? (How is it possible? I mean after Abhay and Piya you both two? And this much young?)" T mumbled in shock.

"Look, T we're not anyone you're thinking us to." Ava said coming forward.

"We just have same looks as the people you knew in past. We can't be young after so many years can we?" Ava said.

"We?" Archie shot Ava a look.

Ava nodded. Obviously she hadn't shared her finding with him or anyone yet. But now was not the time to explain all this.

"Actually, you're right. Abhay Piya and Arnav Khushi... They all are dead. It was proven." T told herself more than them. Archie was glad that she had switched to their language though.

"Exactly. And we're here to know about those people only. You see all this so... Thrilling, you know. To have same faces and all. So if you can help us by telling about Azaad and their life. Its like research." Ava said, improvising her speech with every sentence so to persuade her to help them.

"Interesting. So you guys don't know Hindi, do you?" T asked.

Archie shook his head.

"That much I understood by now. Sit by the way." T said sitting on the edge and giving them space to sit.

"Its still shocking to see you guys and not believe that you are Azaad." T said staring the two.

"Am Ava, by the way and he is Archie." Ava thought to provide her names.

"What were their names by the way? I mean the two who looked like me and her?" Archie asked.

"Aunt..." T shook her head. "I mean Arnav and Khushi."

"Arnav Khushi." Archie tried the name.

"Tell us everything about Azaad family, their relationships, their business and their success. Anything and everything you know." Ava said, wanting to know something useful.

T hesitated for a second as if trying to think something. After a minute, Ava wondered if T even knew anything about Azaads or not.

"Of course, I'll tell you everything. I were really close to them and Arnav Khushi loved me as they loved their son, Arav." T said with a smile, pushing her red hair behind.

Ava raised her brow sceptic of her speech. She really doubted Tanushree was close to Azaad. Something in her behaviour just didn't seem to match with her words.

"Arnav and Khushi were husband wife?" Archie asked

T nodded. "And Arav was their son. He was handsome but really rude and cold. That seemed to change after Misha though." T frowned as if thinking something.

"Misha?" Ava asked.

"Misha Dobriyal. The most uncouth tomboy of our college. She was friend of Piya and that was how Arav and Misha met and got engaged. Through Piya I mean."

"And who was Piya?" Ava asked.

"Piya was the daughter of Rishab and Madhubala. She was really... Ah, mean girl. okay not that mean, but you wouldn't want to mess with her." T shrugged looking away.

"And she loved Abhay?" Archie asked.

"Abhay Raichand was too hard to resist. He was the hottest guy in our college and rich too. But Piya got lucky in having him. " T said making face.

Apparently, T was not in good terms with anyone related to Azaad and with them too.

"What about others in Azaad family?" Archie asked.

"Mahira was the daughter of Asad and Zoya. She was the mature one but she wasn't any less than others. Later, she got married to Armaan Malik."

"Anything strange about their family?" Ava asked curiously.

T went silent for a moment.

"Actually yeah." T said. "They all were weird in some way. But there was this strange story of Arnav and Khushi. Arnav was never here. He was like never seen before and there were all sorts of rumours that he might've left Khushi or wasn't alive. But then he appeared out of nowhere just two or three years before they all died."

Strange.

"Anything else?" Archie asked. "Something in their behaviour? Or any incident?"

"They all were very private. Rarely talk with anyone other than the people they like. Always distant and in their own world even though they were much popular in their times yet it wasn't easy to get close to them." T said.

Means you weren't part of them clearly. Ava thought.

"And Abhay, Armaan and Misha?" Ava asked. "How did they get close to Azaad and who were they in person? Their background and life?"

"That's what strange is. Those three were private too. Wouldn't speak much work anyone. They actually deserved each other." T paused and composed herself. "Abhay was the only soon if Haseena and Chand. Armaan was an orphan. A rare person in that time, working and studying same time. Misha was the only daughter of Arnab and Madhu Dobriyal."

Very strange.

"How did they all die?" Archie asked.

"That was unbelievable. There was a fire on Azaad mansion. No one came out of it alive. As for Arav Piya and others, contrary to official news, they went for an outing after forty days of their parents death. You know to feel better after the incident. But a landslide killed them all. It was said they were still not out of shock and weren't careful in driving. Later, news merged both the incidents together but they actually lived and mourned their parents before their own death." T informed sadly. She was surely sad to lose them even if they were not in good terms.

"Abhay? His family? and Misha?" Ava asked.

"Abhay wasn't with them. No one knows where Abhay and his family disappeared. They just vanished. As for Misha, her father had died before the accident and her mother couldn't bear to see her daughter mental and died of weak heart after two years."

"What happened to Misha then?" Ava asked pained for the unfortunate family.

"Misha lost her senses. Her mother tried every doctor in country and out of country. But no treatment changed her mental state. After her mother death, she was admitted to Dehradun Mental hospital by authorities. She is still alive as far as I have heard."

"Any place we could gain more information on Azaad?" Archie asked.

T thought for a moment. "There is a memorial for Azaad family. Actually its in an Antique shop. Lot of possessions were also placed there. As far I heard some of the things are even on sale."

"Do you mean the Antique shop beside the Dhabba in the east?" Archie asked.

"Exactly that one."

"Who told you about the place?" Ava questioned.

"Just someone." Archie shrugged.

Ava eyes went on bracelet. By any chance...

_______________________

It was a mediocre building, painted in white and giving aesthetics vibes that were long forgotten in the mechanical world. The branches leaning on its roof gave it a different yet beautiful look.

"Impressive location." Ethan said, his hands in pocket as he surveyed the forest surrounding the building.

It seemed perfect for weirdos who were protecting a burn down building.

Entering the glass walls, Ethan walked to the receptionist.

"I want to meet Amaya Singhaniya." Ethan said.

The girl raised her head from the laptop and gave him a serious look.

"You have an appointment?" She asked.

Ethan looked at the name plate.

"Raveena, nice name." Ethan passed her a smile. "You see I wanted to meet your madam about the Azaad mansion. That burnt property. I'm a tourist, so if you'll be kind to help me..."

His charm didn't work. Raveena looked at him indifferently.

"There's nothing I can do to help you other than talking with ma'am." Raveena said getting back to laptop.

"Ma'am, a man wants to meet you regarding Azaad mansion." Raveena talked on laptop.

"He is a tourist and didn't specify the purpose." Raveena informed.

A second later Raveena turned to Ethan.

"No compromise on that building. You can leave, Sir." Raveena turned back to laptop.

Ethan tried to speak to her but she acted as if he wants present. Ethan turned back frustrated.

"What kind of people are these?" Ethan thought, getting out of the building and leaning on a tree at a little distance, his eyes stuck on the building.

He wasn't going to allow anyone to ruin his plans. If he wanted something, he would gain it anyhow. He didn't come this far to back off.

It was some years back when he had failed, for first time, in his high school. But that was on purpose. He had got Archie help, his friendship and his company. An year later, he had met Ashley in college and befriended the spoilt brat who actually needed someone to vent out his frustration and yet support him. He never failed after that.

And now no girl could disrupt his plans. No one got that intelligence or strength.

A girl got out of the building, stopped near entrance and looked around. Turning around she talked to the security guard and walked in the specially allocated parking lot.

A smile came on Ethan face. Standing behind the tree, he threw small nails on the road. As the car drove closer, Ethan hid behind the tree. The nails punctured the car and the car came to a stop. Ethan identified the car even before the driver came out.

The girl he met before, got out and checked the car. She punched the tyre in frustration.

"Amaya Singhaniya, eh?" Ethan muttered with a smile, watching her from his hiding. He got to know the name of this mysterious lady at last. "Beautiful name."

Amaya walked back to security guard and then returned to the car. Taking out a black jacket, she wore it over her red shirt. Covering her face with hood, she hid her hands in the pocket of jacket and walked on the snow covered roads with hasty pace.

Ethan fall on the tracks, following her from the fringe of forest, using trees to his advantage.

After a whole hour, Ethan found himself standing in front of Azaad mansion. Just as he had gambled.

Amaya gazed the mansion standing on its entrance. She didn't take a step ahead but she didn't back off either. Her eyes shining with different emotions. A layer of tears emerged in her shady eyes.

Confused by her relation with the worn out building and her emotional reaction, Ethan edged closer from behind the trees to get a better view of her to understand her emotions.

Hands clenched into fist there was the distinct fire of anger in her eyes that could burn the building once again.

A not so good relation it seemed. But one thing was confirmed. She had something to do with Azaad. Her case seemed somewhat similar to those shady guys who were behind Ashley... Just like her.

Ethan stepped back as Amaya turned away and left.

"Ah, Amaya, I'll find this secret of yours soon." Ethan stared as she stopped at distance and turned around as if searching for something. Perhaps she felt his gaze but he wasn't easy to find. No one could beat him in his game.

________________

Ashley was slumped on the coach, his eyes shut closed while Ava and Archie sat beside him playing staring the table without much attention to their surrounding. There was too much silence in the presence of three people.

Shrugging Amelia dragged the chair from dining table and sat opposite to Ashley. He opened his left eyes to sneak a glance at her.

"What's with this mourning?" Amelia asked, popping a bubble gum in her mouth that Dhruv had bought for her.

"You're early, what a surprise." Ashley said, sarcasm clear in his voice.

Amelia glared him furiously as she continued chewing the gum. She had a splendid time with Dhruv and she wasn't going to spoil her mood because of this arrogant or anyone else, including her best friend. If they didn't like Dhruv, it was their problem.

"Just waiting for you and Ethan." Ava said in a tired tone and leaned back on coach, gaining a clear view of Amelia.

"And here I am, Ava." Ethan said with a sweet smile as he walked in the hall and pulled a chair beside Amelia.

"I hope you had a good time, Amelia." Ethan whispered to Amelia in a cheery voice.

Amelia narrowed her eyes. He didn't like Dhruv too then what was this happiness suddenly.

"Oh, so nice to see everyone here at last." Ashley said moving his hair in air with a stoic look.

Amelia rolled her eyes. He would never be normal.

"So shall we get to the important work or you guys want to chitchat? Because if it is so, I'll like to rest than waste my time." Ashley said sitting up straight, weariness clear on his face but so was anger.

"Of course, chatting with friends is waste for someone who doesn't understand the importance and meaning of friendship." Amelia shot back.

Ashley turned to her, eyes accusing her of something she didn't understand but felt ashamed of.

"What did you find Ava?" Ashley asked without looking away from Amelia who had to forcefully look away from his piercing gaze.

"Here you go," Ava said playing the recorder.

The voices from recorders droned in the silent hall for half an hour. The voice pouring in the details but not so deep ones. As the recorder finally went silent, Ashley played it again much to Amelia dismay who had enough of listening to the conversation.

"So according to her something was strange about the family and they were very very private." Ashley stated after listening to the recorder for second time.

"Everyone influential hid about themselves from the public to live peacefully. Not everyone throws tantrums and expose themselves like you." Amelia fired.

"Focus on the information, rather than judging me all the time. I'm not asking for my biography from you." Ashley said angrily.

Amelia shut up understanding that he was much serious about the issue than he had ever been.

"We got the names for every face but we still don't know what they have to do with us other than the truth that we're somehow facing their fate." Ava said pulling out her smartphone leaving everyone confused.

"Facing their fate?" Ashley asked cautiously.

Amelia narrowed her eyes. Ashley and Ava knew something that they were hiding. What was with her friend not confiding her about the secrets?

"This is the picture I sent to my assistant," Ava said, a picture of Azaad family with Raichands and Malik popped up. "But this is what she received."

Another picture popped up in which only Abhay Piya and Arnav Khushi stood at the opposite ends just where they were in the original but without the other members.

"It can be glitch for all we know but it shows the picture of Arnav we missed before and this..." Ava pointed at the wrist of Khushi.

Ashley zoomed in the picture and they noticed what was hidden from their view before. A bracelet with infinity loop and joint heart.

Ava raised her hand and they noticed the same bracelet in her hand too.

"Archie gift."

"It can be duplicate?" Amelia offered even when it was unsettling at best.

"No it can be original. Since I bought it from the antique shop, T said is selling the possessions of Azaad." Archie said.

"Coincidence?" Amelia said again. It was one hell of coincidence if it was.

"Nothing is coincidence. Something is off with all this mess." Ashley mumbled.

As Amelia turned to him to answer him, she noticed he was playing with both the pictures, doing something. A frown came on her face.

"Not any way this hell is normal." Ashley declared sitting back on his place.

He pointed to the hologram and they noticed the difference Ashley created in both pictures. It took them a second to understand the issue between the two pictures.

"This bracelet can't be seen in original." Amelia muttered and looked at Ava who didn't seem surprise.

"Its not glitch. Its something else. Something beyond our understanding..." Ashley fell silent as if hiding something he knew.

"What did you find, Ash?" Ethan asked, his eyes narrowed as if he could see what something.

"We'll get into later but tell me first, what happened to the Azaad mansion?" Ashley asked steering away the topic from his findings.

"Well, it is off limits." Ethan said surprising them all. "Someone put a bodyguard and the owner isn't ready to allow anyone inside."

"But why?" Amelia asked.

"That's none of our business." Ethan shrugged. "But I got solution. I have talked with the security guard and know how to get inside. But we have to do it tonight only."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Archie said. "We need maximum time inside that mansion so we must go earlier. Its evening already."

Ethan nodded and stood up. Ava looked down while Ashley looked away much to Amelia confusion. Both of them were hiding something and she must question Ava at least.

After the mansion hunt, Amelia decided.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...
249K 12.3K 39
The Journey of Arnav and Khushi introduces a totally new concept. Khushi Gupta, a mother of Diya, a 4-month-old infant, and Arnav, who is eagerly awa...
252K 11.6K 57
Story start from remarriage track. Khushi was missing after her remarriage which did not happened. Where is Khushi? What happens after that? Will de...
158K 7K 38
Arnav and Khushi were together for a while, in the story of their Lives.She had loved him with all her heart, and he had cared too.However, back then...