CHERRY. [JESS MARIANO]

Door sincerelyhales

Cassandra Quinn had her three phase plan. One, ace her SAT's Two, graduate Yale with a Law Degree Three, mov... Meer

Playlist
Dedications
To Kill A Mockingbird
We're Jacket Buddies!
Stay Gold, Ponyboy
Peter Rabbit
Tragic
Gross T-shirt, Good Band
Tea and Biscuits
You Owe Me
The Shins
You Look Like A Cloud
Don't Let Me Fall
People Suck
In A While Crocodile
You Got A Boo Boo
Snowman
You're Tall
Friends
Baseball Bats
I'm Late
Be Nice
I Think You're Full Of Shit
Cedric Diggory
Bye-bye Birdie
Monica and Chandler
Should I Stay or Should I Go
Wow, He Really Is Whipped
As You Wish
I Made Sure She Was Okay
To Hell With Him
The Hungry Diner
You Can Never Have Too Much Johnny Depp
2246 Broadway
I Want To Come Back
You Cannot Tell Anyone
Something in Washington
Race You
Summer Madness
You Really Know Me
Cambridge and Oxford
Honey, I'm Home!
Just Peachy
Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs and Maple Syrup
The Beatles
Romeo and Juliet
Dissapointment
The Smell of Bleach is The Smell of Freedom
The Lion King
Thanksgiving
Columbia
Trashy Games and Trashy Food
The Odyssey
I Don't Have To Tell You Anything
You Did It
Life Is Funny Isn't It?
Grass Salads and Piggyback Rides
Love, Rosie
When She Sees My Face I Hope It Gives Her Hell
I Know You
Dear, Cherry
Show Them Who's Boss
Mr. Bear
You Called Me a Bitch?
And I Hated That Too
Six Months Later
I Love You
You Wrote A Book
A Jeep and A Porsche
Pigeons and Bagels
Christmas Lights
Later, Loser
The Diner Diaries
Epilogue

Dance With Me

13K 456 275
Door sincerelyhales

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I grumble out as I walk into Luke's at five in the morning. The sky outside was still dark as I opened the door. The diner was lit by the white lights on the ceiling and all the chairs were on the table neatly.

I set down my bag and coat as I walk into the kitchen. I had expected to see Luke standing there making himself and I some breakfast.

Instead I found my boyfriend standing over the stove with a pan of eggs in hand. He was wearing a black button up shirt along with a pair of jeans.

When Jess noticed me standing there he gives me smile. "Hey."

"Hey?" I question as I walk up next to him. He gives me a quick kiss on the lips before looking back towards the pan of eggs. "What're you doing up?"

He sends me a smirk as I grab the plates for us. "I can't make my girlfriend some breakfast?"

I watch him as he plates the eggs before handing one plate to me. "Not at five in the morning," I retort back as I take a seat at the counter. "Where's Luke?"

Jess put the pan in the sink before grabbing us some utensils. "He's upstairs he'll be down in a minute." He answers as he takes a seat next to me.

"You coming to the dance?" I ask in between mouthfuls of egg. I wasn't going to the dance as a participant, I was going to help Luke out with his coffee stand. He was paying me extra so I couldn't really say no even if I wanted to.

He swallows his food before answering me. "Just thought we could hang out when you're not working."

I nod my head at this. "Yeah, sounds like fun.

Jess points his finger at me. "No dancing." He adds.

"Trust me, that's the last thing I want."

"Glad we're on the same page," he replied before Luke comes trudging down the stairs.

He looks between Jess and I, "Is the coffee ready?"

I roll my eyes at his lack of greeting. "Hello, Cassie how're you today?" I mock as he rolls his eyes.

"How do you like it at five in the morning?" Jess comments, adding to Luke's annoyance.

"My god you two are like Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dee," he retorts before heading to check on the coffee.

I scoff at him. "But much better looking," I correct.

"Definitely," Jess agrees before taking our now empty plates to the kitchen.

Once we were all sure that everything was ready we headed out the door. We each had a bag full of coffee beans and flasks to put down at the stand inside for the dancers.

The empty gymnasium was decorated with blue, red and white banners overhead. There was a large disco ball in the centre hung up by a few strings. The bleachers were against the wall in levels of four.

There was what looked like the countdown at the far end along with a podium. The counter was still stuck at twenty four as the marathon didn't start till six. Soon enough, Taylor, Miss Patty and other volunteers had stated to arrive. They all made their final checks around the place.

"Shouldn't I get paid as well?" Jess comments as we set down the stuff at our designated stand.

Luke sends him a glare. "You're not helping, she is," he juts his head in my direction.

I wrap my arms around Jess's torso once I had finished unloading the stuff. "I hate to break it to you but he's right," I give him a fake pout.

"But it's so early in the morning! I should be paid just for standing up this early," He groans as he holds me in his arms.

"Shut up," Luke grumbled.

I tilt my head to the side. "If he's getting paid just for standing up, then I should be getting paid double!" I tell Luke.

Luke looks at Jess with tired eyes. "Make her stop talking."

Jess shakes his head. "Been trying to get her to do that for a long time."

"Hey!" I exclaim shooting a glare at the both of them.

"I'm kidding," Jess starts with a teasing smile. "I love it when you talk."

"Damn right you do."

~~~

I rested my head on Jess' shoulder as his arm went around my waist. We were sat down on one of the many benches at the dance. Everyone else was into their eleventh hour of dancing while we were having a very heated discussion about what the best movie ever made was. Our finalists were Top Gun and Kill Bill: Volume One.

"But Top Gun had Tom Cruise! Don't you have a thing for Tom Cruise?" Jess asks, desperate to get me to agree with him.

I lift my head of his shoulder. "I have a thing for Johnny Depp, not Tom Cruise," I shake my head at him.

"My mistake," He retorts with a grin on his face. "But you're really sticking with Kill Bill?"

I slap his shoulder playfully. "Of course I'm sticking with Kill Bill!" I say as his arm tightens around my waist.

"But Top Gun refined everyone's childhood," Jess argues looking at me.

I frown as I answer him. "You're right," I sigh.

Jess kisses my frown away with a smile. "See? I always have the best movies." He announced proudly.

"No," I drag out, as his face crumples when he realises where I'm going with this.

Jess points his finger at me. "No. That did not count."

I smile up at his teasingly. "Notting Hill?" I mock as he groans.

"That was one time!" He protests as he pulls me closer toward him. "Besides, you like Hugh Grant."

My mouth had opened to tease him some more when the song on the overhead speakers changed. I knew this song. This song was made for dancing. I gasp as I turn to Jess. "The Killers!" I say happily.

He sends me one of his genuine smiles as he kisses my forehead. "I hear it."

Untangling myself out of his arms, I stand up in front of him. "Dance with me," I suggest as I extend my hand towards him. Jess just shakes his head and stays rooted in his spot.

"Please?" I pout as I sit back down next to him.

"I thought you didn't want to dance?" He questions accusingly as I huff.

"It's The Killers!" I exclaim. "It's a sin not to dance to them."

"Well then call me the devil."

I roll my eyes at him. "Jess, please?" I plead giving him my best puppy-dog eyes.

He groans at my face. "It's not fair that you're cute." He whines before standing up.

I clap my hands happily at his defeat. I drag him by the hand to the dance floor. "I know, it's not fair to anyone else. There's not enough cuteness for them," I say sarcastically.

I wrap my arms around his neck as his hands go around my waist. We both move slowly along to the music. There were a few stares our way from the other dancers. No doubt them thinking that it was weird to see Jess Mariano dancing. People were giving us enough space so we didn't have to worry about bumping into anyone.

"People are staring," Jess whispered in my ear as I leaned my head on his chest.

I lift my head to look up at him. "It's probably cause you're so damn handsome," I joke with a smile.

He lets out a small laugh at my words. "Speak for yourself, you should see who I'm dancing with," he flirts.

"Who?"

Jess puts on his best thinking face. "Well, she has dark hair and beautiful green eyes." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Care to take a guess?"

"Alicia Silverstone?"

He laughs at me. "She's a blonde!"

"I tried my best," I joke as he leans his chin on my head.

The song had changed but neither of us noticed. We were enjoying each other's warm embrace as we swayed to the music.

Thank You
Hi, so to everyone who's reading this. I just wanna say a huge huge thank you to everyone for reading, voting, commenting and just basically supporting this story. Honestly, I still cannot believe that this story hit 10k, I didn't even think it would get 1k. Again, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for reading. Enjoy the rest of the story!!

All the love,
H.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

5.7K 283 50
Rory is a Sophomore at Yale, she is crazy about Logan, but he wants to be a playboy. She gets invited to Finn's birthday party by Robert. Logan is ve...
469K 13.5K 31
MATILDA. "ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɢᴏ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sʜᴏᴡᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ" season 2...
426K 10.5K 60
"I love him", I admit for the first time. Madelaine Scott is a professional dancer when she meets Jess Mariano one night on the fire escape from thei...
4.5K 78 9
LUKE & LORELAI ❝i don't have many people in my life who are in my life permanently, forever.❞ ❝but there is no one who will be...