Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 14- Ditch
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 30- Worried
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 35- Listening
Chapter 36- Mapping it out...
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 38- Pulse
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 4- Shooting Star

19.9K 553 160
By Peachsk

Kayla's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had on a pair of demni mom jeans with a white t-shirt. I grab my purse making sure I have my money, fake ID, phone and earphones. My hair was kept down naturally.

I walked downstairs, Gavin was still sitting on the couch. Does he have nothing better to do?

I head over to where our coats are all hung up. I went to grab my coat.

"Sweetie where are you going?" Louise walked in. I rolled my eyes and turned around to her.

"I'm just going out." I said.

"You look nice. Where you going?" She asked again.

"I'm just going out for a walk." I replied again.

"Can you get some more milk? We will need it for the morning." She asked.

"Can't you ask Gavin? I mean he isn't doing anything." I point to Gavin who was on the couch. Gavin looked over to me.

"I can't I have college work." Gavin butted in. Louise raised her eyebrow and looked at me but behind her back Gavin stuck out his tongue. He had no work.

"But your going off on a walk so much easier. Unless your up to something." She eyed me supiscialy. I roll rolled my eyes.

"Fine I'll be back later don't worry about money." I sighed. She seemed happy with my answer. I put on my jacket shoving all of my stuff into the coat pockets.

I put on my earphones playing my playlist for my walk.

****

After about thirty minutes I reached my destination, a tattoo shop. I have always wanted to get a tattoo and if anyone found out what I was doing I would be killed. Hanged at the stake.

I took a deep breath hoping this would work. I had seen this place on Instagram they were really good. Even if I am getting a small simple tattoo.

I walk into the tattoo shop, a little bell rings as you walk in. There is a mix smell of wood and disinfectant. When you walk in it has a small reception but behind it you can see the studio area. The walls are black but the have colourful posters to brighten up the place.

I walked up to the table of the reception. Someone came out from the back of the shop. Your typical tattoo artist look. Coloured hair, a bunch of piercings and tattoos.

"Hey do you have an appointment?" The girl asks.

"Umm yeah it should be under Kayla Brown. " I smile.

"Ah yes booked in for a neck tattoo. Can I see your ID?" She asks and I nodded.

I take out my fake ID and put it on the counter.

She looks up skeptiply at me. "You sure you want to get a tattoo?" She asks and I nod.

"Okay follow me." She nods her to the back.

"You know I haven't seen one of these IDs in years." She stops at the tattoo chair/bed. I stop dead and in my tracks and my eyes widen.

"How did you know?" I ask.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I had the exact same one at your age. But don't worry I'll still do the tattoo." She smiles.

I let out a breath of relief.

"Please sit down" she pats the bed/chair. I do as she saids, sitting down on the bed.

She sits down on a rolly stool. She turns around and grabs the sheet of paper that has the design I gave them on it.

"Here is the design you sent in. You happy with it?" She asks holding up the design.

"I love it."

"Okay you place your head right here and I'll get started." The bed was nearly like one of those massage beds. I put my head in the hole laying down on my stomach.

"My names Tilly if your wondering." Tilly moves my hair from the back of my neck wiping down the back of my neck.

She then presses the paper up against my neck. Then removes it. She wipes my neck and starts tattooing the design. It hurts like a bitch.

"So wht did you choose this design?" She asks trying to distract me from the pain. Which one?

The tattoo I was getting was a shooting star. "Well... Actually my Mom loved shooting stars. Anytime there was a meteor shower she would drag me and my siblings outside. With blankets and pillows and we would lay on the grass watching the shooting stars." Thinking about the happy memories put a sad smile on my face. I could feel the tears ready to spill.

' "What did you wish for Mommy?" The little girl looked out the hospital window with her Mam. "If I tell you it won't come true darling" She booped her little daughters nose. Giving her a small smile.'

Little did that little girl know that would be her last happy memory with her Mom.

"Sounds like a pretty good reason." I snapped out of my trance when Tilly start to speak.

"Thanks."

(A/N- That's the tattoo)

****

After about another fifteen minutes. Tilly was done she let me have a look in the mirror before she would wrap it up for me. Looking at the small tattoo, it was perfect just how I wanted it.

"Now you have to leave this on for twenty four hours also don't get it wet etheir. Follow me up to the til and I will sort you out." She smiled going up to a small sink and washing her hands.

I made sure my hair covered the back of my neck not wanting anyone to see my new tattoo.

I head over to the front of the shop taking out the money.

"That will be seventy dollars." Tilly said. I pulled out the money handing it to her.

"Thank you." I wave back to her as I leave.

Just as I walk outside I notice a group of boys across the road. My eyes widen when I recognize one of the boys.

Harvey.

I put my head down, I need to get out of here asap. I take a quick look back realising him and all of his friends are staring at me.

'Walk faster. Keep head down. Just walk fast.' Is all that is going through my head. If Harvey sees me he will for sure etheir rat me out or keep it as leverage against me.

At this point I'm speeding walking like one of those mothers who tries to stay fit. I hear the noise of skateboard wheels get closer and closer to me.

I take a look to my right noticing a shop. If I just take a d-tour they will be off my back. I walk a bit faster, and turn into the shop. It was a newsagents.

I let out a breath of relief when I see them all skate by the shop. I might aswell look around while I'm in here. I make my way to the sweet isle. I pick up my favourite watermelon jellys.

The cashier looks bored. He scans the jellys. "It will be one dollar." He holds out his hand.

I give him the money walking out of the shop with my jellys happily.

****

As I walked down the road I feel like I'm forgetting something. It's at the back of my head itching to get out.

My house comes to view and I sigh. I walk up to the door knocking on it since I forgot my key.

The door opens revealing Louise. I close my eyes taking a deep breath. That's what I forgot. Milk. I hide my hands behind my back not wanting her to see the jellies.

"Did you get milk?" Louise steps out of the way so I can get in. She looks for my hands realising I don't have the one thing she asked me to get.

"Louise I totally forgot." I sigh. Her smiles falters a bit.

"It's okay I'll just go out and get it. I have to get Bobby out the house in anyways." She looks like she wants to kill me.

"Thanks" I mumble. I feel sorta bad for forgetting. I hang my coat up and watch her and Bobby leave.

I take a spot on the couch where Gavin still sits.

"Can you not sit down here?" Gavin glances at me but his eyes go back to the TV.

"Why? You don't own this couch."

"Well I'm in charge and that's where Ethan is sitting so scaddale." He points his thumb to the stairs.

"No I'm pretty comfortable here."

Just as I say that a arm wraps around my neck putting me in a headlock. I pull at the arm with my two arms. While also trying not to hiss in pain from the irritation from the tattoo.

"Let go!"

Ethan laughs. "Well you move out of my spot." I can feel him shrug.

"How about no! I got here first!" I hiss out.

His grip tightens a bit so I'm nearly losing oxygen.

"The only way I'll stop is if you tap out." He saids squeezing his arm a bit more tighter anymore and I'll lose full air flow.

"I'm not tapping out!" I breath out.

"Have it your way. I'm not letting go till you do."

I'm nearly gasping for air from the little air flow. I tap his arm and he let's go.

When Ethan walks to the front of the couch he has a smug smile on his face. "Up!" He points with his thumb.

I huff standing up. He sits down in the spot that I just sat at. I turn around to leave when I'm kicked in the back. Nearly flying forward. "Asshole." I mutter.

"What did you say?" Gavin takes his attention off the TV cupping his ear.

"You heard me or are you deaf?"

Gavin rolls his eyes. "Are you going to leave?" He saids.

"Yeah I am since I don't want to be in the same room as you two ticks." I walk out of the room sticking my finger up at the both of them.

I flop down on my bed sighing. It's okay I have me and my watermelon jellies. It's just a joke. They want me around.

Right?

There we go Chapter 4...

So we got to learn a bit more about Kayla. Next chapter will be a school chapter. So you will get to see what Kaylas school life is and meet some characters.

What do you think of her tattoo??

Any suggestions??
Any theories??
Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment....

(Edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

504K 9.4K 51
On April 1st a babygirl was born but she was switched with another babygirl. Her parents and brothers didn't notice the change and yet there was anot...
304K 1.1K 3
||Book 1 in Adopted Series|| When you live with four boys that you consider your brothers, you live a sheltered life. They want to protect you at all...
173K 3.9K 53
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
7.3K 340 15
Book one • The Saint Second book in Victoria's Trilogy Third book • Daylight Victoria finds herself wandering around this new world, filled with curi...