my dreams || nct dream

By honeybyunnie

in which a girl chooses to stay away from her soulmates so that they could be happy. "I just want them to be... More

Coming Soon!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
πŸŽ„π•€π•‘π•–π•”π•šπ•’π• π•™π• π•π•šπ••π•’π•ͺ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕑π•₯π•–π•£πŸŽ„
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39

16

18.1K 560 309
By honeybyunnie

Jieun covered her mouth as she let out a yawn. She had a horrible sleep last night, even though she spent it in the bed of one of her soulmates.

She raked a hand through her brown hair. She looked over to the boys table. Sitting there was a incredibly bored looking Renjun scrolling through his phone.

Earlier she saw them playing rock, paper, scissors. When Renjun had lost, the other boys got up and left while he stayed there.

Jieun got up and made her way towards him. The boy lifted his head to look at her when he felt her coming.

"So, why are you still here?" She said after waiting a while.

Oh real smooth Jieun.

Renjun looked at her a little annoyed with her bluntness, but quickly got over it. "I'm walking you home."

Jieun's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh! You don't have to-"

"I lost rock, paper, scissors so....." He interrupted while looking out the window.

Jieun frowned. "You played rock, paper, scissors to see who would walk me home?" She asked, a little disappointed.

But the boy sitting in front of her didn't notice and just nodded. She grew quiet after that, "I have somewhere else to go before I go home, if you want you can just drop me off there and I'll walk home." She said

Renjun looked at her before saying, "It's fine, I don't have any work to do when I get home anyways. Besides, anything is better than helping Mark cook dinner." He said with a shudder.

Jieun smiled and nodded.

..........................................................................

After closing the store, Jieun fiddled with her fingers under her white wool sweater, her signature black skirt fluttering in the wind.

Renjun what his hands in his jean pockets, absentmindedly looking around.

After a while of walking in silence, Renjun turns his head to see Jieun out of the corner of his eye. She had her lips pursed, looking down as she walked.

"What did you do when you found out?" He asked. Jieun turned her head towards him, he was looking ahead but his attention was on her.

"What are you taking about?" She asked, confused.

"When you found out that we were your soulmates." He said.

It was quiet, Jieun didn't answer him. He turned to look at her, but she ignored him.

He went back to looking ahead, but his head was full of questions. Why didn't she answer him?

Jieun stopped walking when they reached a flower shop. Renjun looked up at the shop. She wanted to buy flowers?

Jieun pushed the door open, the many different floral scents hitting her, making her smile. The old lady at the back looked up after hearing the little bell on the door ring.

A wide smile took over her face. " Jieun! Oh it's so good to see you again sweetheart." The lady said as she looked at Jieun fondly.

Jieun gave her a wide smile. "Hi Mrs.Im! How are you today?" She asked as she came closer.

"Oh I'm quite alright." She responded. Renjun was watching them, not very far away.

"Oh? And who is this young man?" She asks looking at Renjun.

"Oh that's-"

"I'm Renjun, one of Jieun's soulmates." He said to her, his hands now out of his pockets and hanging respectfully by his side.

Jieun looked at him in shock. Oh? So he was her soulmate all of a sudden? Jieun didn't say anything but put a small smile and looked at the Mrs. Im.

"Oh it's good to hear that you've found your soulmates." She said looking at Jieun. She looked relieved.

She turned to Renjun. "Oh you wouldn't believe how much Jieun would talk about meeting her soulmates, every time the topic came up she would light up like the sun."

Jieun waved her hands in front of the lady. "Haha Mrs. Im, we'll be taking those flowers now." Jieun said as she laughed, embarrassed that Mrs. Im had revealed to Renjun what she acts like.

But Renjun merely stood there, looking at Jieun as she scolded the old lady for not hiring any employees and over working herself.

Soojin would never do that, he thought to himself. Why would he be comparing them? That's right, he thought, you can't compare them.

He watched Jieun as she smiled at the lady. It was so different to when he saw her last night, shaking in Jaemin's arms.

Renjun couldn't help but think about what the lady had just told him.

Jieun loved to talk about her soulmates. He looked at the red roses beside him, a sad thought coming to mind. But we never liked to talk about our soulmate.

Renjun made a promise to himself in that moment.

He would make sure that Jieun always had that wonderful smile on her face.

............................................................................

They continued to walk in silence even after leaving the shop. Jieun liked the comfortable and quiet atmosphere that they had created and chose not to break it.

But Renjun wasn't saying anything for a different reason. Just before they left, the old lady pulled Renjun aside to tell him something.

Jieun had left the shop, but before Renjun could follow her Mrs.Im held him back. 

"Please take good care of Jieun." She said. "She a very fragile girl, and she's been through a lot. You have no idea how much you mean to her." She said looking at him.

Renjun only looked at her sadly before turning his attention to the girl outside, waiting for him to come out.

He turned to the lady and looked him her with determination in his eyes, before nodding.

"Thank you." She whispered in a grateful voice.

Jieun stopped, Renjun just behind her. He looked around and realized where they were. He stared at her with wide eyes, but she only looked at him with a sad smile.

She walked through the gates, turning to see him still standing there. "Aren't you coming?" She asked him.

Renjun slowly nodded his head and started to follow her. They walked for a few minutes before stopping.

Two graves stood side by side.

Jieun bent down and carefully placed the flowers evenly on the two graves, before sitting on her knees and doing a small bow.

She was surprised when Renjun kneeled down beside her. Their sides touching each other when he bowed down.

They stayed like that for a little while before Jieun stood up. Renjun following shortly.

"Hey mom and dad." She said as she looked at the graves. Renjun kept his head down and looked at the grass.

"A lot has happened since I visited you last week." She said as she took a deep and shaky breath. It was clear that she would've cried if Renjun hadn't been standing beside her.

"My soulmates found out that I was their soulmate. One of them is actually here today." She said. She looked over at Renjun, whose head was still down.

Jieun hesitated for a second, but then went for it anyway. She would be their soulmate until they rejected her and she didn't care if they were dating someone else.

She pulled Renjun closer to her by his jacket sleeve. The tips of her fingers clutching him. He looked at her in surprise but she didn't look back.

"This is Renjun." She said quietly. She shyly took her hand back, the confidence from before simmering away quickly.

Coward, she thought to herself.

She froze when she felt something warm cover her hand.

Renjun slipped his hand into hers, holding it lightly, as if it would break. He bowed down to the two graves in front of them.

"I'll take good care of your daughter." He said quietly. Jieun looked at him in surprise. But he only squeezed her hand.

Jieun looked down, while Renjun focused on a tree that was to the left of him. He thought that they wouldn't say anything, but he was proven wrong when a soft voice floated through the air.

"Happy." It whispered.

Renjun turned to the girl who was beside him. His eyes widening when he saw a tear slip down her face as she stared at their hands.

She looked up at him and smiled, "I was so happy when I found out that you were my soulmates."

Awww, our first Renjun and Jieun moment! do you guys think that jieun should be there when jeno breaks up with soojin, or should it just be the boys and soojin alone? also what are your thoughts on a special holiday chapter? our boys have been working very hard this year and deserve a well needed break!! i luv you guys so much for all the support that you've given to this book!!!!  I hope you liked this chapter!! Please stay safe and healthy!!!!
❤️❤️❤️

p.s. i know it's small but thank you so much for 1K views!!!!!!💚💚💚💚❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

~sunnyhyuck 💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 61.1K 83
"because water is the only thing that could tame his inferno." ΰΌ„ where two distraught prodigies find sense in each other. COMPLETED βœ“ BOOK TWO OUT NO...
1.1K 43 22
Seorin, strongly believes no one will ever like her due to her figure, she's dreading the thought of meeting her soulmates one day. OC x LDH x PJS ❕...
212K 7.4K 74
"we worried so much for no reason." "we really did." a girl meets her soulmate in a grocery store. one glance to see who it is was all she needed t...
313K 10.1K 55
- they say that trust is easier to break, but harder to fix. now, with certain someones in their way, can haejin and jaemin continue their story? Β» M...