Black suits

By MPewzils

~He sat there with his face resting on his palm, never once looking up from his plate and somehow, to me, tha... More

Important side note please read!
Prologue ❁ The overview
Chapter 1 ❁ The beginning for all intents and purposes
Chapter 2 ❁ Strange Discoveries
Chapter 3 ❁ A half giant, A few Slytherins and a Prophecy
Chapter 4 ❁ Angels
Chapter 5 ❁ Pride and Prejudice
Chapter 6 ❁ An Unknown Vendetta
Chapter 7 ❁ Metal Strings
Chapter 8 ❁ Death Wish
Chapter 9 ❁ Anticipation
Chapter 11 ❁ Starry Adventures
Chapter 12 ❁ Unanswered questions
Chapter 13 ❁ Hexes
Chapter 14 ❁ It's all fun and games till someone gets
Chapter 15 ❁ Hurt
Chapter 16 ❁ Breakthrough
Chapter 17 ❁ Back to the Start
Chapter 18 ❁ Ticket to ride
Chapter 19 ❁ Parental Units
Chapter 20 ❁ Dinner with the devil
Chapter 21 ❁ Claws
Chapter 22 ❁ Attacker
Chapter 23 ❁ Lover boy
Chapter 24 ❁ Christmas Cheer
Chapter 25 ❁ The darkness
Chapter 26 ❁ Red
Chapter 27 ❁ The plan
Chapter 28 ❁ Relinquish
Chapter 29 ❁ Euthanasia
❁ Last Authors Note ❁
Life Update

Chapter 10 ❁ Wings

830 23 8
By MPewzils

Song of the chapter: Into you- Ariana Grande 

My Spotify is liza77458 if you'd like to look at my playlist called DANCE PARTY IN THE SLYTHERIN DORMITORIES. It has more songs for this chapter!

Draco met me at the bottom of the staircase. His eyes hadn't left me the whole time he'd closed the distance between us.

"Angel," he murmured in my ear.

I pulled my face further away from his and gave him a sly smile. He grabbed my waist and pulled me back into him.

"Draco- do you want something?" I teased. He smiled and ran his fingers over my jawline and I arched my neck backwards.

I moved out of his grasp and walked into the crowd of people. He was watching me. I knew that. A Slytherin boy I didn't know grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to dance with him. I was flustered but kept dancing in the flashing lights. Suddenly Draco was there. His hand on my waist, his body against mine and his face close enough for me to kiss.

I moved again, teasing him but this time he didn't follow. He stood in the crowd and watched me, the beginning of a smile on his face.

Millicent found me and pulled me over to where Daphne was making out with Blaise.

"Uh-," I started. Millicent giggled and grabbed my hand. We danced together for a while but my legs became sore and I wanted food.

I grabbed a bottle of butterbeer and sat down in an armchair with Millicent.

"Did Nott ask you to dance yet?" I asked.

"He's not even here. The prick," she muttered. I smiled pitifully at her but she brushed it away.

"It's fine. Draco's staring at you again," she told me.

I turned and met his eyes across the room. He put the cup of firewhiskey to his lips and took a sip but never took his eyes off of mine. I was swarmed by butterflies and turned back to Millicent.

I pressed a finger to my stomach and tried to calm myself down.

"You okay?" Millicent asked.

"Mm-hmm," I muttered. 

"He seems to have taken quite a liking to you. I bet Pansy is angry," she said, prolonging the Y in angry.

"Oh hush. They were 'bred' to be together as she once told me. They'll end up with each other eventually."

"Well do you like him as well?" she asked, disregarding my last notion.

My stomach made tiny flipping movements. "There's no doubt that he's absolutely, astonishingly, heartbreakingly cute but he and I will never be more than friends."

"That wasn't a straight answer to my question Eve!"

"Yes. Yes I suppose I do like him. But he can't find out!

I walked back over to the food table and poured myself a cup of firewhiskey leaving my butterbeer forgotten on the table. I chugged the whole thing and focused on the burn it sent through my stomach. I filled my cup again and watched as the world became more beautiful. I wanted to dance but couldn't seem to find my footing.

The music pounded in my ears and the strobing lights looked like moonbeams on the walls.

I stumbled into someone and apologized before realizing it was Draco.

"How many drinks have you had Angel?" he laughed.

I just shook my head and didn't answer.

He leaned closer to me and put his mouth right at my ear.

"You look absolutely gorgeous," he whispered. His words gave me chills.

I looked up at him and noticed I could touch my nose to his. I did this and he laughed. Suddenly his hands were on my waist and we were back in the crowd of dancers. He swayed me to the beat of the music while I got lost in his eyes.

The thumping pulse of my heart matched the stamping of feet. My dress was slowly slipping farther up my legs. The streamers we'd put on the ceiling were ripped and some floated down to land on the ground where they were inevitably being stepped on. I reached up and caught on that feathered its way down above me. It was a rough kind of paper that felt scratchy against my skin. 

Then my eyes were back up to Draco's face. The lights that turned his skin red and then yellow and then blue caught most of my attention. I wanted to touch the delicate strands of hair that strayed from the rest and hung in front of his face. He caught me staring and smiled softly. 

My body was against his. He moved with me, never taking his eyes away. I let him explore me with his hands but didn't touch my lips to his. Draco's hand was wrapped around my own. His fingers entwined with mine. I didn't let go but kept dancing. I spun around to face him and he smiled the widest I'd ever seen him smile.

"I never thought I'd be dancing with you Malfoy," I teased.

"To be completely fair, I didn't plan on this either," he replied.

I smirked and did my best to play it cool while his fingers roamed my back. He didn't touch my skin but the warmth of his hand pulsed through the silk. 

He came ever closer to me.

"Hey! Angel! Come here!" someone called. My heart jumped and my face turned bright red as I got away from Draco as fast as I could, he just smirked.

I tried to hide my face as I turned to find whoever had called me. It was Blaise.

I walked over to him and found myself in the corner of the room near the portrait hole.

"What's up?" I asked awkwardly.

He grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me through the portrait hole and out of the common room.

"Ouch! Blaise what do you want?" I groaned. His fingers were digging into my skin and making a small pool of blood form and run down my arm.

"Believe me Eve," he snarled. "I'm doing this for your own benefit." 

Finally, when the pain was too much to handle I yanked myself free and slapped him hard across the face, a movement as good as any hex in the books.

I stood with my arms crossed, favoring my newly opened wound, and waited for him to speak.

"It's not safe for you to be with Draco," he warned.

"Well I seemed to get away from you just fine didn't I?" I snarled.

He chuckled but in a strangely menacing font. "You could take Draco on, there's no doubt. But his family? His mentor? Not so much."

"You underestimate me Blaise. What do you mean by 'his mentor'?" I replied.

"I mean... Never mind. I'm sure you're right. You could take them all couldn't you." He said this sarcastically but in a strange way it made me feel empowered. I nodded once, curtly, and began to make my way back to the common room.

"Hey! Evangeline!" he called. I turned to look at him and he smiled at me. "He really bloody likes you."

And with that he turned and walked away from the common room. Before what he said had registered I wondered where he was going. When what he said had registered it was all I could think about.

It seemed to me that my heart cared all too much for this boy Draco Malfoy. He was my death wish. It also became evident that I would, without a doubt, get extremely, mercilessly, terribly hurt in the process.

I stopped before going back into the common room and rested my back on the stone wall. It felt better when I'd taken some pressure off of my legs so eventually I sank to the ground and listened to the beat of the music coming through the wall exhaustedly. 

Maybe it was the moonlight that I couldn't quite see but knew was many floors above me hanging in the night sky. Or maybe it was the smell of firewhiskey that came oozing through the pores in the canvas of the portrait hole painting but either way my chest began to heave faster, my heart felt overwhelmed by sadness and my hands clutched and pulled at my hair. Draco felt too much like home. His hands fit with mine so perfectly I wasn't quite sure how we hadn't noticed our connecting puzzle pieces before. 

My sudden rush of feelings made my head pound so furiously I didn't even notice when Draco stepped out into the corridor, but he did nevertheless.  

Suddenly his back was against the wall too and I could feel his energy pulsing at me, begging me to reach out and grasp it.

"Angel," he whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 8.7K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
1.1M 29.8K 89
She was born in the evilest prison ever created. She was taken away only after a few minutes of breathing. She was the only daughter of the wickedest...
17.9K 647 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
1.8K 158 29
An arrogant slytherin boy with a huge ego. A girl with the heart of an angel and mind of the devil. The boy who had no choice. The girl who gave no c...