Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 4- Shooting Star
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 14- Ditch
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 30- Worried
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 35- Listening
Chapter 36- Mapping it out...
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 38- Pulse
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.

23.4K 602 138
By Peachsk

Kayla's POV

As I walk down Denver city. Looking for a good place to be my canvas. I watch as people are coming out of bars and restaurants. Or people just doing some late night shopping.

Walking past night clubs you can hear the thumping music coming out of it. Even if you have your earphones in. I walk past one restaurant noticing an alley way. I stop infront of it looking down it and then looking around me to see if anyone is around me.

I start walking down the dark alley way. You maybe wondering that I could possibly get kidnapped, killed you name it. But I mean who doesn't love a bit of adrenaline.

I inspect the brick wall in front of me. Clean. Good a new canvas. I put my bag on the ground reaching for the colours that I will need. Just as I was about to spray on the wall. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Hey kid!"

I turn my head to see a lanky man at the top of alley way. I squint my eyes trying to get a better image of the man even in the dark.

"Are you doing graffiti?" He asks taking one step closer.

"I would more like to say art. What do you want?" I watch him closely. I am ready to run at any moment.

He takes a step closer. He was now under the small alley way light. A small smile plays on his lips.

"If your up for it I have a job that you can do for me. That way it will be more legal." He smiles.

I look him up and down. This man was tall, skinny and pale. He had pink hair with a lip pericing. He looked harmless. A lot of things can look harmless bit really it's just a diguse.

"And what would I get out of it?" I ask looking him up and down.

"Well you will of course, first get a piece of art out of it and I will pay you." He said.

"How do I not know your going to kidnap me or something?"

"I mean I don't blame you but I own a bar two buildings down. I just want you to do the shutters. You can walk behind me if you want but I promise I'm just here for a piece of art." I looked at him trying to see if there was any possible way he was lying.

"What's your name?"

"Ryan."

"Good I'll need a name just incase I have to go to the police." I smiled picking up my bag off the ground. Shoving the spray can into it.

He let out a small laugh. "I'm guessing that's a yes."

I nodded putting my bag on my shoulders. He nodded his head to the direction of the entrance of the alley way. I followed far behind.

As true to his word we stood outside a bar two buildings down. In fact it was a gay bar.

"One second I just need to go inside and pull down the shutters." He goes inside and like he saids the front shutters come down.

He comes out holding a paper and a small card.

"Look, I just thought you would like to see these so you know I'm the owner." He holds out the paper. I hesitantly take it from him.

I look over the documents even though none of this make sense to me. I look to the bottom which I'm guessing he signed and this is the lease for this place. I nod and hand it back to him.

"Is there anything you would like?" I ask because I didn't want to do something that he didn't like.

"No just have fun. I'll be inside if you need me. Just knock on the back door." He smiled and walked back inside.

I looked at the black shutters infront of me. I smiled when an idea came into my head. I plug back in my earphones and take put my spray paint. This might take a while but who cares.

(A/N- I don't own this full credits to the artist. I got this off of pinterest.)

After about four hours, my work is finally finished. I stand back to look at my master piece. A small MK.B is in the corner of my art work. A smile graces my lips. I take a photo of my work before heading to the back door to get Ryan.

I pack up all my cans putting my bag on my back. I go down the lit up alley way knocking on the back door. I heard some shuffling around and then it opens. Ryan has a big grin on his face.

"I'm done if you want to check it out." I shrug.

"Sure I just need to get something one second." He closes the back door for a second and then comes back out.

He walks with me to the front of the building. The smell of fresh spray paint still lingers the air.

"Wow. Just wow." He breathes out. His eyes have gone wide looking at the art work infront of him.

"I never even got your name but this amazing." He saids taking his eyes off the work. Looking at me.

"My name is Kayla but thanks."

He reaches for his back pocket pulling out a stack of money. He flicks through it and hands me four notes.

I take it from and look down to see it was four 50 dollar notes.

"I can't take this. It's too much." I try hand him the money back.

"No. No. Please take it." He pushes my hand back.

"Listen I would of done this for free. Please take the money back."

He gives me a small smile. "Please you deserve it and if you even need anymore work. Please do knock in." He smiles.

"Thank you." I breath out stuffing the money in my bra.

"No thank you and get home safe I'm sure your parents are worried." He said.

My eyes grow wide. Shit what time was it? I pull my phone out of my waist band. It was now going half ten and I was suppost to be home before that time.

"OMG I have to go! BYE!" I shout as I start running off.

"THANK YOU! STAY SAFE!" He shouted from behind me.

I run as fast I can down the road nearly bumping into people. Just as I run down the road to the bus stop my bus was about to leave.

"STOP!" I shouted as I caught up with the bus. Waving my arms like a crazy lady. The bus stopped and the bus driver opened the doors.

As I stopped out infront of the doors. I put my hands on my knees taking deep breaths. I put my finger up telling the bus driver to wait minute. I think the spray paint fumes are really getting to my lungs.

I get up onto the bus. I shove my hand into my back pocket on my bag. Pulling out some coins.

"Keep the change." I breathe out not even getting a ticket just taking a seat.

I check my phone to see if I have any new messages. Nothing. I sigh in relief seeing that there was nothing there. I throw my head back and run my hands down my face. Shit I had spray paint on my clothes and hands.

****

This bus stop was only a two minute walk from my house. It was around eleven now thirty minutes late. As I walk up the driveway I am preparing myself for a lecture I may or may not get.

I slowly open the door with the key that I keep in the front pocket of my bag. I brace myself, opening the door to find myself in a quite house. The only thing you can hear is the TV.

I slowly close the door not wanting anyone to know of my arrival. I look infront of me where the couch is noticing how everyone is passed out asleep.

Well the only ones who are in the sitting room is Dad and Louise. Not wanting to wake them up. I make my way upstairs to my room.

I throw my bag onto the floor. Then I grab fresh pair of pyjamas. I quick throw them on putting my dirty clothes in the corner of my room.

Just as I shove my bag under my bed the door opens. I hide my hands behind my back to see who walked in.

Gavin

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I roll my eyes. You would swear that word isn't in their vocabulary.

"Where were you?" He asks stepping into the room closing the door.

"None of your business." I smile sweetly sitting on my bed. Making sure to sit on my hands.

"Wait until Dad and Mom find out what time came in." He smiled.

I bite my tongue. "Shes not my Mom also what do you want?"

He rolled his eyes. "Why would think I would want something?"

"Because you always want something for your silence."

He smiled. He knew exactly what he was doing. But then I remembered something.

"But I can buy your silence..." he scrunched his eyebrows up in confusion. "I can always tell Dad that you scratched his car and coloured it in with a sharpie." I shrugged.

His face fell and now I was the one who was smiling widely. "How do you even know about that?"

"I have my ways. So it's up to you." I tilted my head. Smiling smugly.

"Fine. Fine." He rolled his eyes walking out not closing the door before him.

I huffed having to get up to close the door. "You could of closed the door!" I whispered yelled down the hallway. He just stuck up his middle finger. Asshole.

I closed my door making my way to my bed. I pulled off my bra shoving the money I had just gotten in my knickers draw where none of my brothers would look through.

I laid there for about an hour staring at the wall infront of me.

'They didn't even stay up for me. Were they even worried?'

Soon all the thoughts in my head started to quiet down. I soon fell into the darkness of sleep.

There we go Chapter 2...

I'm sorry I was just too excited so I decided to release another chapter. I just couldn't wait.

I wanted Kayla to have a different hobbie to others. So I chose street art. It was different so I just went with it then the normal artist cliche.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. You got to learn more about our main character.

What do you think of her hobbie??

Would you follow Ryan??

We saw a different side of Gavin there what did you think??

Any suggestions??
Any theories??
Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 9.5K 55
"Sister?! You can't be serious right?!" "That Bitch just punched me!" "How about killing her guys?" "If you touch her, you're dead." "Hurt them and I...
504K 9.4K 51
On April 1st a babygirl was born but she was switched with another babygirl. Her parents and brothers didn't notice the change and yet there was anot...
81.9K 1.2K 45
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
26.5K 493 6
Taylor doesn't know anything about football other than her favorite team is the Eagles. When she's pursued by a player while recovering from a bad si...