the gifted || marauders era

By l-yraa

Being reborn into a completely different timeline seems a bit impossible, isn't it? but things aren't always... More

warning
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
not an update
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
epilogue
sequel, books, and updates
drafts
rewriting

thirty nine

43.5K 1.6K 1.9K
By l-yraa

"Sirius Motherfucking Orion Black!" A voice screeched so loudly that the other residents cringed,

"It wasn't my fault!" He immediately said, raising his hands in surrender, turning towards the girl, wide-eyed.

"What did you just say to me?" She asked dangerously, eyes narrowed into slits.

"Um- It wasn't my fault?" He answered questioningly,

"Not that! Before that!"

"Oh, Bellatrix's body wasn't found." He said casually.

"I fucking hate the Ministry." Lyra fumed, pacing around the room.

James immediately stood up from the couch and placed his arms around her waist, pulling her back to his chest and pressing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Calm down, love." He whispered, rubbing her side softly,

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She shouted angrily, "Do you know how dangerous she is?! I'd say way more than Moldevort! She's a psychopath! A very hot one at that!" She exclaimed, her face red.

"Sweetheart, your Bi is showing." Remus told her, a small smile on his face.

"She's really hot! But that's besides the point because she's a fucking evil psychopath!" She yelled frustratedly, hands running through her own hair. "And that makes it hotter!" She added.

"Can we not talk about that while me, your boyfriend, is standing right behind you, holding you?" James muttered, annoyed.

"Yes, please. Let's not call my lunatic cousin hot." Sirius agreed, staring at his best friend strangely. "She's not."

"Your opinion is invalid." Lyra pointed to Sirius. "You're gay."

"For your information, I'm bi!" He defended, taking full offense to her words.

"Might as well be gay when all you do is stare at Moony." Lyra waved it off,

Remus chuckled lightly at those words, before saying, "I agree, she's quite attractive in a terrifying way."

"See! He gets it!" Lyra dramatically gestured to him.

"He's the one who's gay!" Sirius cried out.

"His opinion is valid, because he's my favorite." Lyra shrugged.

"What about Peter?" James asked,

"W-what?" He snapped out of his daydream at the sound of his name being called, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Bellatrix is hot? Right? In her own crazy way." Lyra questioned.

"Um.." Peter blushed red at the question, "Let's not objectify women and talk about other things..?"

Lyra nodded approvingly at the boy, "Boys, learn."

"You were the one who started the topic!" James exclaimed.

"Doesn't matter because I'm a girl, and she might as well be my girl crush if she wasn't an evil bitch!" Lyra argued.

"That makes zero sense." Sirius said, shaking his head.

"Okay, knock it off. Let's talk about Nott and Rosier." Peter stopped them.

"They're safe. They'll be attending some of the Order meetings, just to understand what's been going on." Lyra informed.

James pulled her towards the couch, before sitting down and pulling her onto his lap. His arms circled around her waist while Lyra relaxed on his embrace.

"That's good. Any updates on Greengrass?" Remus spoke up.

"No." Lyra shook her head. "It's as if she never existed in the first place. Just like how it was back then."

"That's really strange."

"I know." She said solemnly.

----

The atmosphere once they arrived back at Hogwarts was different. After more and more attacks piled up during the summer, everything had changed. Everyone had been wary and paranoid of an incoming attack. Hogwarts is the safest place to be, so far.

Students had been glaring at the Slytherins oftenly, while Lyra wasn't one for stereotypes, the sneer and smirks plastered on their face showed that they were proud of the attacks.

Everything was nearly ready. The horcurxes were kept safely, students had been practicing on dueling, and the Order stood by all over Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, not that most of the students knew. The only thing left to do was to cast protective barrier's over the castle, and it was to be done as soon as possible.

As she predicted, James and Lily were the Heads. But since Severus had been seen actively fighting against the Death Eaters, it was safer for him to stay over the Head dorms. As for Regulus, he was given his own small dorm nearby the Gryffindor common room upon Lyra's request.

He had very little friends from Slytherin other than Barty Crouch Jr, Caius Avery, and Lyra's Slytherin friends. It was already proved that both of them were Death Eaters, and Lyra wanted him as far away from them as possible.

Regulus was hesitant to comply at first, but after seeing the look on her face, he agreed.

For some reason, Snape grew out of his obsession with Lily, and saw her as a best friend now. That was strange, because back then, he never outgrew his obsession even after her death. He showed no interest in dating though, and Lyra was surprised by it.

As for Lily, she's been getting closer to the girl Lyra saved from the Cruciatus Curse back during the attack on Hogsmeade. Candice Jones, a Hufflepuff, one year younger than them, also Hestia Jones' little sister.

Apollo, Lyra's father, had woken up and it was no longer safe for them to venture the outside world. Like Lyra, both were very stubborn and refused to be locked up. But when Lyra begged them to go to place the Fidelius Charm, they agreed.

They didn't want to be locked up while their daughter and her friends fight, so they agreed on Lyra's terms. Both would continue working, but they would place the Fidelius Charm over the mansion, it required over ten person to cast the charm considering how large the place is.

The Order's Headquarter's moved to a secluded area nearby Hogsmeade. It was a small Manor which was funded by the Potter's the Hyperion's the Hogwarts Professor's, and a few other families.

The Manor consisted of 17 bedrooms, for those who were targeted. Mostly the halfbloods and the muggle-borns. The Lupins were moved to the manor temporarily, so were the McKinnons, The Tonks, and the Prewetts. Nott and Rosier had their respective bedrooms, since that was where they were hiding, and there was a room for Lucius and Narcissa if they were under suspicion.

They chose that area because it was nearby Hogwarts, and if there were emergency meetings, the teenage members could easily attend it. Other than that, it was easier for them to keep an eye for any other attacks.

Everyone had a feeling something bad was going to happen soon, just not the exact time and date.

Lyra felt something stir in the bottom of her stomach. There was going to be casualties, and she knew it. Someone was bound to die, and she knew she couldn't stop every single one.

----

"Fuck, I missed it here." Lyra sighed happily, jumping on James' bed.

James smiled at the girl, amused. He took his school robes off and climbed in next to her.

"Tired?" He questioned, wrapping his arms around the girl and pulling her closer to his chest.

"Very." Lyra mumbled, burying her head deeper on his neck.

James hummed softly, hands brushing over her hair softly before pressing a soft kiss on her head.

"Don't you have head duties?" Remus raised an eyebrow. "And your own dorm?"

"Shit." James widened his eyes, but he looked at the girl who was laying on his chest, snoring quietly. "My room will be used by Snape."

"I'll go tell Lily." Remus shook his head, a small smile on his face.

"Thanks, Moony." He smiled appreciatively.

"No worries." He shook it off, before heading out of the dorm and towards the Head's.

"You are so bloody whipped." Sirius whistled.

"Shut up, Padfoot." He grumbled quietly, not wanting to wake the girl. "But yeah, I am."

----

"So, Lily." Lyra started, slamming her books down beside the red-head during breakfast.

"Yeah?" She asked, startled by the sudden sound.

"Where's that cute little Hufflepuff you saved back in Hogsmeade? Marlene told me you've been spending an awful lot of time with her." Lyra smirked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"First of all, we're friends. Second of all, you were the one who saved her. Third of all, her name is Candice Jones." Lily answered, a light blush spread over her cheeks.

"Hestia's little sister?"

"Yeah."

"That's adorable." Lyra commented.

"What is?" A new voice joined them, and both girls turned to see James slipping on the seat beside Lyra.

"Lily's got a new girl.." Lyra sang.

"Really?" He widened his eyes, "Congrats!"

"She's lying. I'm not dating anyone." Lily rolled her eyes.

"Not yet." Lyra corrected, munching on her bacon. "Go on, Lils!"

"I don't even know if she likes me like that. Or if she's even into girls."

"Just ask! You're gorgeous! I would totally pine after you if I wasn't so smitten with this idiot over here." Lyra said, patting James on the chest, who pouted at her.

"Well, you never showed interest in dating me even before you were with James." Lily crossed her arms.

To be honest, the red-head was attracted to her for some time back in third and forth year, and Lyra showed no signs of being into girls, so she had no idea if she would be willing to date her.

"Well, for one, James is my best friend, and he was pining after you. Second of all, I wasn't even sure you were into girls back then!" She exclaimed.

Third of all, you're Harry's mother.

"Was, Mum." Harry laughed.

"Is." She corrected.

"You're dating Dad, that means, you're my Mum now."

"Not yet." She shook her head, "Not until I get pregnant with you." She teased, and Harry scrunched his face up in disgust.

"That's disgusting, can we not talk about your sex life with Dad?" He complained. "I swear, when I'm reborn, I better not have any memories about your sex life."

"Harry!" She exclaimed while laughing loudly.

----

I'll be ending this book in Chapter 45.

There will still be bonus chapters when I feel like writing, it will mostly be some time between after the war, or before the war. I'm kind of excited on writing my new story, and also bonus chapters about Lyra and James' little family after the war.

Anyways, I'm deciding on who to kill off. IT'S A REALLY HARD DECISION BECAUSE I'VE BECOME ATTACHED TO THEM AND I DONT HAVE THE HEART TO KILL THEM OFF.

Don't be surprised if no one dies in the end, it hurts too much.

But who knows..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1.5K 75
An obsessed Potterhead mysteriously travels in space and time to meet the Original Order of the Phoenix before the real war started. Will she be succ...
66.6K 1.4K 21
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...
190K 7K 41
[EDITING] clandestine meetings and longing stares... ( james potter x fem! oc / fabian prewett x fem! oc ) ( marauders era ) ( started: 07/03/22 - f...
463K 16.2K 29
. ❝ PLEASE S T A Y , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE. ❞ ❝ I'M AFRAID I ...