Mentors (An Everlark Fanfic)

By effiesbutt

PSA: THIS IS TRASH!!! THIS IS ACTUAL SHIT!!! THIS IS INCFEDIBLY FUCKING BADLY WRITTEN, IM JUST KEEPING THIS... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Little A/U cause y'all are stupid (jkjk but seriously)
Author's Note (kill me i know)
Chapter 40 (Epilogue)
P U R E

Chapter 30

4.4K 123 92
By effiesbutt

Katniss' POV
(Extremely important A/N in the end, if you read Hijacked before I accidentally deleted it!)
"PRIM GET OUT!" I scream, sliding off of Peeta, and further into the water. Peeta is completely paralyzed, staring confused at Prim. Prim is just as paralyzed, her eyes glued to both of us.

"PRIMROSE EVERDEEN, GET THE FUCK OUT!" I scream again. When she still doesn't move, I grab a towel, wrap it around my body, and get up from the bathtub, running over to Prim. She starts running down the hall, and I chase after her. After a little while of chasing, I get her into her room, and get her into bed. I help her get comfortable, which is hard, since I have to also keep the towel up.

"What were you and Peeta doing?" 'She asks, hiding a big grin under the covers.

"That's none of you business, Prim," I shake my head, but I can't help but smile. That's just the effect Prim has on people.

"Katniss, when the baby comes.. Are you going to forget about me?" Prim asks, this time, no grin plastered on her face.

"What? Prim, of course not! Do you really think that poorly of me?"

"Well, you have been ignoring me a lot, since you got together with Peeta," she mumbles.

"Prim, getting into a relationship, and moving out is a part of growing up. You'll go through it sometime, as well."

"Yeah, but isn't becoming a parent, even more growing up?"

"Prim, I could never forget about you. You're my little duck. Now, get some rest. Mom probably wants you to come as early in the morning, as possible. You can wake Peeta and I up, when you wake up. Then, we'll all eat breakfast together. As a family. How does that sound?"

"Great!" Prim smiles, before shutting her eyes.

I sneak back into the bathroom, and as soon as I enter, I drop the towel. Peeta chuckles at me, and I enter the bathtub again. I lean my back up against Peeta's bare chest, and position myself inbetween his legs. Peeta starts massaging me.

---

Peeta carries me through the bathroom - both of us still naked - and throws me on the bed. I giggle, when he throws himself over me, and starts to kiss me passionately. As much as I wouldn't mind doing that with him right now, Prim is only a few rooms away. His lips move away from mine, and starts to kiss and suck the skin on the side of my neck.

"Peeta.." I huff, knowing that if I don't say anything now, it'll turn into something that I don't want it to turn into. Correction: I do want to, but we can't not with Prim.

"I-- we-- we can't--" It's hard to focus, when someone you love is touching you the way Peeta is touching me right now.

Peeta re-positions himself, and I know, that if I don't speak up now, it'll happen, and it will be too wonderful to stop.

"PEETA!" I yell. Peeta basically flies backwards, away from me. "I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"No!" I exclaim. "No, it was wonderful.. I just.. We can't go any further tonight.. Not with Prim in the house."

"Oh," he just answers, falling down on the bed, turning his back to me. Is he seriously angry at me right now? I sigh lightly, and fall down onto the bed, as well. After a little moment, I roll over to him, tapping his shoulder lightly. "You know, just because we can't do that, doesn't mean that we can't do this," I say, as my hand softly trace from his shoulder to his cheek. I run my finger over his chin, and turn his face to mine. I place my lips on his, as I feel his hand trace up my neck, stroking my cheek softly.

"You know, if we don't put some clothes on, I might not be able to contain myself," Peeta grins under the kiss. I have to break away, since a big laugh is fighting for freedom. I squeeze my eyes shot, as I let the laugh escape. Peeta joins in, and gets up, picking out some clothes from the dresser. I still haven't gotten any of my own clothes from my house over here yet, so I have been living in Peeta's. Which I really don't mind to be honest. He throws me some underwear and a shirt, and pick out some boxers and a shirt for himself. Peeta enters the bed again, and I cuddle up as close to him as I can get. I feel my eyes getting droopier an droopier, and just as Peeta places a soft kiss on my forehead, I fall asleep.

---

I am walking to the woods, as I spot a little girl from behind. She has two braids hanging straight down her back. She looks like Prim when she was younger. Exepct for the dark brown hair. I remember me looking like that once, well, not really, more like Peeta telling me about it. When he saw me for the first time. I shake off the thought when I see who the little girl is talking to.
Me.

I quickly get replaced by Peeta, and as soon as I move closer, he is replaced by none other than President Snow. After a moment, the little girl is replaced by a blonde haired boy, and a brown haired girl. I recognize the Peeta from the back right away, but I can't place the girl. She's from the Seam, that's for sure, but who is she? I am just about to yell at Peeta, when I realize that his hand is placed on the girl's hip, but then I realize that the girl is me.

"Don't get too attached to her," I hear President Snow grin, before disappearing into thin air. Peeta and the other me turns around to reveal a little bundle in my arms, a baby. My baby. While I see myself crying uncontrolably, no sign of me slowing down, I can tell that Peeta is whispering soothing words into the other me's hair. I can see tears streaming down his face as well, but as usual, he is acting strong for me. Seeing him cry makes me want to cry as well, but I feel like one Katniss crying is enough. Soon, everything around me stars to get blurry, and I feel myself spinning around. When I stop, I am in front of the Justice Building, in the front row, together with the rest of District 12. There's two bowls placed out on the stage, a microphone, and other me, Peeta, Raze and Haymitch on stage, cameras and Peacekeepers everywhere.
It's Reaping Day. I realize how much older Peeta, Haymitch, Raze and I look, and then Effie walks out on stage. I take a look around, and spot my mother and... Prim? She also looks a lot older. Both of them looks a lot older, to be honest. Then there's Gale. Just like everyone else, older. I look to my side and a frightned girl with the Seam look. Not entirely, actually. Her eyes are a bright blue. I instantly think of Peeta when I look into her beautiful eyes.

"Don't be scared," I tell her. She looks up at me, no, more like through me, and then around. Then, Prim, who's standing right beside the little girl says: "They're not gonna pick you. Your name has only been in there once. That's what your mom once told me." The little girl is mine. The little, frightned girl is my daughter. And even before Effie opens the envelope, I already know whose name is on that piece of paper.

"No.." I hear a silent whisper coming from the mircophone say. I look up to see Effie, who looks back at the other me and Peeta. When she looks back, her eye makeup is running down her face, along with her tears.

"Willow Mellark." My daughter turns to Prim, and right before she is being dragged away from the Peacekeepers, she screams into Prim's face: "YOU ARE A LIAR! YOU'RE A LIAR!" As she's being pulled away, I start to run after her, screaming the name that I heard Effie say, crying violently. When she's brought up on stage, she doesn't even care anymore. She runs right over to Peeta and the other me, as they both embrace her. Haymitch and Raze joins her, and then Effie violently throws her stupid hat, and joins in on the embrace. I stop up, and look at the embrace of people. What a messed up family, I think to myself. Everything gets blurry and starts to spin around again, and next thing I know, I see Peeta and the other me hugging our daughter. Her clothes tells me that it's time to go into the arena. I don't even listen to the words that is being exchanged, because everything that I can focus on, is my little daughter, that I am carrying, is now being sent off to die. Everything gets blurry and spins around again, and the next thing I see, is a sword through my daughter's stomach.

---

I fly up into sitting position, my eyes blurry from tears. I can hear myself screaming from the top of my lungs. "Katniss, Katniss, sssh, sshhh, it was just a bad dream, you're okay, you're okay," I feel Peeta's hand on my back, soothingly rubbing it. He pulls me down to him, and I don't resist. I don't think that I've ever snuggled this close to Peeta, because, honestly, I've never been this scared. It's never felt this real. I remember every single detail perfectly: Exactly how President Snow stood. Exactly what pattern Effie's destroyed makeup created. Exactly how and when my shoulders moved from crying. Exactly how my daugthers voice sounded. Exactly how she looked. Everything was so clear, execpt for one thing: What my daughter's name were. The only thing that I have no memory of at all.

"I bet she was beautiful," Peeta says softly. "What?" I say in a raspy tone. "Did I just say that out loud?" Peeta nods. "What exactly was it about? Your nightmare?"

I start blurting out everything. Every single detail, down to the least bit. I start crying again, when I reach the part about my, our, daughter's death. "It- It exactly like when Rue and Ylja died! The exact same! But with a sword instead," I whine, crying into Peeta's shirt. He strokes my hair, and rocks me in his arms, trying to calm me down.

"Katniss, it's okay, it wasn't real, it wasn't real." I feel a sudden anger burn inside of me by that sentence. "It might not be real now, but it will in twelve years!" I snap, once again shooting up into sitting position.

"Katniss.." Peeta sighs. "No, don't 'Katniss' me!" I hiss. His hands slide down from my body, looking at me with a mixed expression of anger and annoyance. "Don't give me that look!" I snap.

"Don't give me that attitude!" Peeta yells. He throws the duvet covering his body, off. He grabs a blanket, and walks out of the room. I fall back down onto the bed. I cover my face with my palm, crying into it. Why must I be such an idiot? Ugh, why am I such an idiot!

---

"Katniss?" I look up from my palm, to see Prim standing in the doorway. "Hey little duck," I say, my voice ruined from crying. She walks over to the bed, and lays down in the same place as Peeta. "Are you okay?" She asks me. I nod, even though just the thought of why she is asking me this question makes me want to cry again. She snuggles into me, and we put our arms around each other.

---

Peeta's POV
This is so stupid. That whole fight was stupid. Everything is stupid. I've been laying on the couch for a good hour now, trying to fall asleep. I sigh, and for the third time within the last hour, get up, and pace around in circles. At last, I decide to walk back up to the bedroom. It is my bedroom after all. But, when I enter, it doesn't really go as planned. Prim is where I usually sleep, snuggled close to Katniss, both of them holding on to each other in an embrace. I sigh quietly, so that I don't wake them up, and lay down besides Katniss, on the other side, where Prim isn't sleeping. I wrap around Katniss, even Prim, actually, and even though I know for sure that Katniss is asleep, otherwise she would have been a little more stubborn, since she wouldn't forgive me this easily, I feel her fingers search for mine, and I take her little, soft hand, intertwining our fingers. I kiss the back of her head, before falling asleep again.

---

Katniss' POV
When I wake up, I feel something in front of me, behind me, and something holding my hand. Prim is, as usual, sound asleep. Then Prim is really sleeping, nothing can wake her up. I lift my hand up to see what is holding it, and when I see the other hand, I can't help but smile. I am way too familiar with this hand. I bring it over to my lips, kissing it lightly. I think about if I am still angry at it's owner, but I am not. That fight was so stupid, and to be honest, I don't even know why I got mad in the first place.

"Don't go giving me a hickey now," I hear a sexy morning voice whisper behind me. "Morning," I say, turning around. I make sure that we're still holding hands.

"I'm sorry for last night." Peeta mumbles, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry too," I say. Peeta takes his free arm around me, and pulls me into him. I completely forget about Prim in this moment. She's now on the other side of the bed, and it feels like she's miles away. Peeta brushes his lips over my forehead, making me crave more of him. I lift head up a bit, and Peeta kisses my lips softly. Our lips slowly move in sync, making the kiss very warm and nice.

"Njegh!" We're broken up by Prim dumping down in between us.

"Prim!" I groan. Peeta chuckles. "Hey Prim," he grins, probably just to annoy me.

"Hey!"' She exclaims. Peeta wraps his arm around me and Prim, and pulls us into him. This little gesture makes me in a better mood instantly. I finally feel like I have something I haven't had in years: A family. After my father died, and my mother zoned out, it was only me and Prim, so it never really felt like a family. It was just a house of people who happened to have the same DNA. Thinking more about it, I realize that you don't have to be related to someone to have them as your family. Peeta is my family, for example. And come to think of it, Haymitch and Effie is as well. And even though Gale might not like me too much these days, he's also my family. He's my best friend. Oh, and Madge. Sweet, helpful Madge. My family might be a little messed up, with Victors, Capitol people, grumpy people, and people who don't really fit in, but it's my family. And I love all of them.

Peeta smiles over the top of Prims head, and places a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm hungry," Prim suddenly mumbles. "I'll go make some breakfast, do you wanna join?" Peeta asks Prim. Prim nods enthusiastically, and jumps out of bed. Peeta and I follow her. Peeta throws on some pants, and him and Prim heads down to the kitchen. I decide to put on some pants as well, along with a bra. I walk down to the entrance, where my father's hunting jacket is hanging. I put it on, along with a pair of boots. I haven't hunted in forever, and it feels like the right time today for some reason.

I walk into the kitchen, and see Prim and Peeta mixing a batter together. "I'm going hunting," I say, and Peeta turns to me with a concerned look on his face. "Um, Prim, just keep mixing," Peeta says, and walks over to me. "Can we talk for a second?" He asks, looking into my eyes. "Um, sure," I say in a confused tone. He places his hand on my lower back, escorting me into the entrance.

"What's the problem?" I ask him. "I don't know, I just.. I don't feel comfortable with you hunting."

"Why?" I raise my eyebrow at him. "It's just with Thread running around. I don't want you to get hurt," he says, nudging my cheek. "But, if you really want to go, I'll obviously let you go." I cup his face, stroking his cheeks with my thumbs. That's one of the reasons to love Peeta. Even though he isn't comfortable with me going, he still trusts me. I feel like even if I told him that I was going to hang out with Gale, he would still trust me. It think it would be the exact oppsite with Gale. Wait, why am I even thinking about Gale in a romantic way? I shake off the thought, and return to reality.

"Trust me, okay? I'll be fine, I promise," I assure him. "I do trust you, and I know that you'll be okay," he mumbles. I smile and lean in, soon enough, feeling his lips on mine, softly, slowly, gently. I hug him when I break away, and kiss him on the cheek. "I'll be back to breakfast, I love you," I smile, before leaving the house.

---

I walk to the log where my bow and arrows are hidden. I pick them up, and begin to sneak through the forest. I load my bow, searching for a target. I spot a bird, flying over the sky. I point my arrow at it, waiting for the perfect moment to let go.

"Hey Catnip," I jump from the sudden voice behind me, and accidentally let go of the arrow.

"GALE!" I hiss, turning around. "Like you even need that bird anymore."

"I was going to give it someone who did need it," I mumble. After that, an awkward silence fills the air.

"Sorry for kissing you," Gale suddenly says. "You better be sorry," I say sternly. "Gale, I just want us to be best friends, okay?" Gale nods.

---

I've been hunting with Gale for about half an hour, when I decide to head back. It was nice acting like friends with Gale again. I decided to give him all my game, since he needs it more than me.

I enter Peeta's house, and I am hit by a delicious scent. I am met by Peeta's warm arms, taking me into a hug, when I enter. He kisses me on the forehead, and says: "You're just in time. Let's go eat."

---

Hiii.
I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR OVER A WEEK! I have had a crazy last week, and been sick a lot. Also, I had one of the worst Writer's Block's in history. it literally took me three days to write 1000 words, and it was SO BORING. Then, wattpad didn't know how to save, so I had to start ALL OVER. Ugh, anyways:

UPDATE ON HIJACKED:
HIJACKED IS FINALLY BACK! I'll be posting all 16 chapters, plus a brand new one, as well, tomorrow! Ugh, I am SO EXCITED! I can't wait to start writing again!
So, if you don't know what I am talking about, I once deleted my first fanfic called 'Hijacked' it was based off of a mini plot twist/an after Mockingjay story. So yeah, that's back tomorrow, yaay!"

Even if you guys had already read Hijacked once, can I ask you all to maybe read the chapters again? And vote on them? I really want to get Hijacked back out there, and there is some minor details that I did change, because what I had previously written, didn't make sense at all lol.

Okay, I'm done ranting now.

🍬I'll hopefully see you soon, and don't forget to comment and vote!🍬
✨Sille

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 45 29
𝑢𝒏𝒆 π’šπ’†π’‚π’“ 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 π‘²π’‚π’•π’π’Šπ’”π’” 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑷𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒂'𝒔 π‘Ήπ’†π’‚π’‘π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π‘ͺπ’‚π’‘π’Šπ’•π’π’ π’Šπ’” π’“π’†π’‚π’…π’š 𝒕𝒐 π’”π’•π’‚π’Žπ’‘ 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔...
450K 10.4K 41
What if Katniss had fallen in love with Peeta? What if the night the Quell was Announced, Katniss ran to Peeta's house after talking to Haymitch inst...
Sparks Fly By (:

Fanfiction

20.7K 212 39
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games, but nothing is as she wishes. Katniss' relationship with Peeta is strained, and rum...
36.2K 354 30
DISCLAIMER: OBVIOUSLY I DON'T FUCKING OWN THIS, SUZANNE COLLINS DOES, BUT THIS IS FANFICTION, ASSHOLES. THERE IS NO NEED TO REPORT IT OR YOU BETTER R...