The Roommate Therapy โœ“

By addinginfinities_

[๐–๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฉ๐š๐ ๐…๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐] - ๐–๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฉ๐š๐ ๐‡๐ ๐„๐๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐œ๐ค ๐Œ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ˜† 19-year ol... More

โ€ข Welcome โ€ข
โ€ข Cast โ€ข
โ€ข Playlist โ€ข
00 โ€ข The Beginning
01 โ€ข Confounded Misunderstanding
02 โ€ข Your Call Princess
03 โ€ข Samba
04 โ€ข Bitchiness Galore
05 โ€ข Rainy Bliss
06 โ€ข Scars That Run Deep
07 โ€ข It's TYCHE Not Tikki
08 โ€ข Neon Lights
09 โ€ข Boyfriend?!
10 โ€ข Hold Me Please
11 โ€ข Jerk Alert
12 โ€ข I Should Have...
13 โ€ข Blues
14 โ€ข Bike Rides and Long Nights
15 โ€ข Letting Go
16 โ€ข Jitters
17 โ€ข Colour Me Red
18 โ€ข All Over The Place
19 โ€ข Vibrators and Terminator
20 โ€ข Atychiphobia
21 โ€ข Later, Skater
22 โ€ข Playing With Fire
23 โ€ข Habeas Corpus
24 โ€ข Fragile Bonds
25 โ€ข Karela Couture
26 โ€ข Carpe Noctem
27 โ€ข Delirium
28 โ€ข Emotional Detox
29 โ€ข Changing Tides
30 โ€ข Starlight And Illusion
31 โ€ข Conflicted
32 โ€ข Crossfire Of Emotion
33 โ€ข Begin Again
34 โ€ข Faux Pas
35 โ€ข Testing Waters
36 โ€ข Nightfall Angels
37 โ€ข Early Morning Bratfest
38 โ€ข Celibacy And Imported Peaches
39 โ€ข Cranial Tornadoes
40 โ€ข Electric Buzz
41 โ€ข Euphoric Haze
42 โ€ข Racing Hearts
43 โ€ข Repudiation
44 โ€ข Castle In The Clouds
45 โ€ข The Butterfly's Dream
46 โ€ข Queasy Wreck
47 โ€ข Midnight Drawls
48 โ€ข Underhand Devilry
49 โ€ข Unexpected Company
50 โ€ข Festive Vibes
51 โ€ข Closer
52 โ€ข Stalemate
53 โ€ข Liberation
B2 โ€ข Lacuna
โ€ข Epilogue โ€ข
โ€ข Author's Note โ€ข
โ–ช๏ธŽ New Book โ–ช๏ธŽ

B1 โ€ข Philophobia

6.1K 375 108
By addinginfinities_

• Timeline •

The day after Akira saves Vinay from going to prison and before Mrs. Pinto, the bookstore owner, gets into an accident.

aka, when Vinay was still a moody idiot. 

●○●

A wave of regret washed over me as Akira slammed the door on her way out.

I pretty much called her a slut and that was a new fucking low for me. Especially after she helped me yesterday. I'd gone to jail, once before, for vandalism last year. I was literally at the wrong place at the wrong time but no one cared about that. The police believed that I looked like a goddamn criminal and brought me into custody forcefully. And trust me, a night in prison was far from comfortable. And the fact that my cell smelled like days old urine was the least of my problems. Papa didn't even agree to pay bail.

Fucking bastard.

Rubbing my face in frustration I took in a sharp intake.

Honestly, I didn't know what to make of that girl. She was weird but interesting. No one ever gave a fuck about what I wanted. At least not lately, but for some reason Akira had taken it upon herself to try and give me just that.

Akira had a way of punching my buttons and pushing me to do things that really put me on edge most of the time, but she was the first person who had tried to try and look past my walls in a very long time.

It scared me honestly and I hayed the fact that i didn't know what to make of my confused jumble of contradictory feelings.

I chuckled to myself quietly as I pictured her face and tried to memorise it. It was fucking beautiful and I was fucking pathetic.

I thought I had at least a few bits of self respect left after my father had decided to go to great lengths to completely shatter it.

But I suppose I was wrong.

A little attention and concern on Akira's part and I was already drawn to her. It wasn't something I got much of these days. Genuine concern about my wellbeing, I mean.

Fuck!

I needed to do something productive. Go for a run, maybe. Or just go and buy the list of groceries Mumma had texted me to bring for her. It was the least I could do to help her. She never stood of for me against my father but she's the only one in the family who talks to me.

My father thinks I'm a bloody fucktard. I think Harsh is one. And Mumma thinks I'm just a boy trying to take on the world- one against everyone else, and she tries to sympathize with me.

But I hate those pitiful looks she keeps giving me. It's why I am the way I am. It baffles me how my peers think my unabashed behaviour and utter lack of respect for authority is even remotely cool. My own behaviour disgusts me. I've been fucking pretending for so long that I have become this person. And the fact scares the daylights out of me.

This is not how I wanted my life to be.

I want to be loved. Again.

Maybe that's why I think I like Akira. She's kind and generous. She's smart and driven. She's everything I want to be again.

Scoffing at the direction my thoughts had taken, I stood up abruptly and slipped my feet into my sneakers.

I needed to get a bloody life.

●○●

"Sir, your bill is five hundred and forty rupees." The lone cashier in the supermarket said without glancing up.

I handed her the cash and picked up the cloth bag of the things I'd bought and made my way out of the store.

The bike ride to my house was short. Less than fifteen minutes. I wished it could have been longer so I could at least think of a decent topic of conversation with Mumma.

I contemplated going around the house to back door and leaving the bag of cooking oil and vegetables there but I found my legs taking me inside.

"Vinay!" my mother ran to me delightedly, "How's my boy?"

"I'm fine Mumma." I answered, pulling my lips into a smile as I hugged her lightly.

She smiled brightly, ruffling my hair, before firing up the stove and placing a pan on top of it.

"I made aloo-paneer paratha today. There's still some stuffing left, I'll quickly make one for you." She said, opening the fridge and bringing out the leftover stuffing.

I nodded silently, my thoughts drifting to Akira. I wondered where she had stormed off to. Maybe Neel and that annoying twin sister of his. I'd seen the three of them together often.

I really hoped she wouldn't take all the things I said to heart. I said them in the spur of the moment. To get her to leave me alone so I could figure out my thoughts. But I knew I had screwed up.

"What do you think?" my mother's voice interrupted my chain of thoughts.

"Huh?" I looked up, confused as she set a plate of hot paratha with a dab of melting butter on top of it.

"About Harsh joining the same college as you." She replied, looking at me expectantly.

I shrugged, diverting my concentration to the delicious food in front of me.

Mumma sighed quietly to herself before sitting across me at the table.

"Beta, how long are you going to keep running away from us?" she asked sadly, "Aren't you tired of fighting us all the time?"

"Mumma please don't start your emotional drama again." I frowned, "You know why. So why do you keep asking me the same question again and again?"

"Because I'm concerned about your future." She said, raising her voice slightly, "Writing and all is good. But you need money to survive. All I'm saying is that become a good engineer work for some time, then you can write all you want. Even Chetan Bhagat went to IIT and IIM before he turned to writing."

"Please," I huffed, "I don't have time for all this. I'm doing engineering now. So the least you can do is stop bothering me."

"You tell me how much more time you want then." She continued with a small frown, "We need to address the issue some day, right?"

The doorbell rang and my eyes shot up instantly, letting out a sigh of relief knowing this was my time to make a dash.

"Papa?" I asked with a raised brow.

My mother nodded and said, "Talk to him. He is worried about you."

Shaking my head, I picked my helmet from the table and said, "Not today. Thanks for the food but I need to go now."

"But you came in just fifteen minutes ago, Vinay!" she called out after me.

"I'll call you." I replied with a apologetic smile.

Or maybe not.

●○●

Akira had been gone all day. It was eight thirty and she wasn't back yet.

I'd left her a few missed calls but she obviously did not want to talk to my sorry ass again so I gave up after five.

I tried to shake away from my thoughts, a heavy sigh escaping my lips as I glanced at the door again from the kitchen.

I'd been in an irritable mood all day. Tina had called twice already, asking if she could come over but I had refused. I wasn't feeling very receptive towards people of dwindling intellect. And Kabir wanted me to come down to have an informal basketball practice without the coach. If he wanted to hang out with me, the least he could do was tell me upfront. I told him to fuck off.

My phone rang again, pulling my attention from the book I was reading. With a groan I reached over and cut the call.

It rang once more and I cut the call again.

When it rang for the third time in less than thirty seconds, I swiped up to receive the call and roared, "What do you want Neel?"

"Oh hi Vinay, this Roshni." A girl's voice greeted me, catching me off guard, "I'm his twin sister."

"Ok." I muttered, already regretting the fact that I shouted at her before she could even talk, "How can I help you?"

"You need to go to Victoria Hospital and get Akira. And also bring her a set of fresh clothes." She stated simply.

I swallowed hesitantly.

Fuck! Did she get into an accident? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if that happened. Shit, I shouldn't have said those blasted words to her.

"Is she all right?" I asked, trying hard to mask the concern in my voice.

"Yes, of course," I imagined Neel's sister grinning, "In fact, nothing happened to her if that's what you wanted to know. Her friend got into an accident."

Thank the goddamn heavens!

I got up instantly, slipping my feet into my sneakers and took as step towards her bedroom.

I paused, "Wait, why can't you go get her? Akira obviously wants you to be there for her."

"I don't have my car right now. I took it down to the garage for servicing so I'll get it by tomorrow." She replied smoothly.

'How believable!' I scoffed to myself.

She remained silent.

"Fine, I'll go." I said in a clipped tone, "What kind of clothes should I take?"

"Normal everyday attire." Roshni chuckled annoyingly.

"Like?"

"A pair of jeans and a plain top will do." She said, before adding, "Maybe a hoodie. Like just pick up something that matches."

"Ok."

"Don't be too long, ok. Thank you and bye." She said before cutting the call.

I stood nervously in front of Akira's closed bedroom door. It felt wrong to enter her room without permission so I went out to the dry balcony instead, where we dried our laundry. Fortunately, I found a pair of blue jeans but no tops.

Frowning, I made my way back inside and grabbed the first hoodie I found in my closet that was washed. I hoped she wouldn't mind.

Inhaling deeply, grabbed my motorcycle keys and my wallet before heading out. This was my chance to be there for Akira.

I wanted to be there for her, and secretly I was happy that Neel's annoying sister was keen to play fucking matchmaker at this moment.

Patting my hair one last time, I climbed my motorcycle and started the engine. A small part of me ardently hoped that Akira wouldn't push me away. She deserved much someone who was a million times better, definitely not an asshole like me but I was feeling selfish.

Maybe I could try to be better for her. She wouldn't help me so much if she wasn't genuinely concerned about me, right?

My heartbeat soared inside my ribcage as my mind wandered.

'Fucking hell!', I groaned to myself when I realised I was getting overly ambitious again.

I was fucking whipped.

●○●

Firstly, I don't think I'm very good at writing a male POV but I think I did a decent job. Do tell me if you have any suggestions though.

Also, what do you think? I'd almost forgotten how morbid Vinay used to be that it took some time to slip into character to write this chapter.

Please vote, comment, share and don't forget to spread the love!❤

QOTD: Would you rather choose a dark, mysterious and seemingly interesting boy or someone who's sweet, goofy and feels like a ball of comfort?
Honestly, I'm torn between the two choices. But I'd probably go for the second choice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 1.1K 21
Ridha Gupta, an innocent and a sweet girl who is facing lot of issues inspite of belonging to a good family. She is broken and all want is love and c...
37.3K 1.8K 27
Kriti Tiwari A middle-class girl, she is an innocent, kind loving, flirtatious, and sharp tongue girl. She works in a company as a team leader. She...
118K 9.7K 26
#2 in Love series "She's just an unwanted addition in my life. I don't give a fuck if she even dies." Rudra Ahuja, CEO of Ahuja industries and busin...
187K 7.7K 80
[First book in Our Chance Series] He is rude. She is polite. He is cold-hearted. She is soft-hearted. He was extroverted. She is introverted. He's a...