Frank Iero's Ultimate Surviva...

Av mikestermustdie

"You're an idiot, Frank." "Don't remind me." - The bet was simple. All Frank had to do was manage to get a gi... Mer

★ Prologue ★
★ One ★
★ Playlist ★
★ Two ★
★ Three ★
★ Four ★
★ Five★
★ Six ★
★ Seven ★
★ Eight ★
★ Nine ★
★ Ten ★
★ Eleven ★
★ Twelve ★
★ Thirteen ★
★ Fourteen ★
★ Fifteen ★
★ Seventeen ★
★ Eighteen ★
★ Nineteen★
★ Twenty ★
★ Twenty-One ★
★ Twenty-Two ★
★ Twenty-Three ★
★ Twenty-Four ★
★ Twenty-Five ★
★ Twenty-Six ★
★ Twenty-Seven ★
★ Twenty-Eight ★
★ Twenty-Nine ★
★ Thirty ★
★ Thirty-One ★
Sequel!

★ Sixteen ★

450 34 318
Av mikestermustdie

lol u guys are going to love this chapter. ps, listen to the song linked while u read. it adds s o much to scenes like these :") pps, this skips forward a little bit more, and they've now been together for about a month and a half. enjoy, xox.

((barely edited))

---- 

"Okay, listen, G--" Frank said through laughter, the phone close to his ear as he tapped his heel on the wall where he was stood. "Just listen, listen, alright?"

"I'm listening." Gerard chuckled into the line.

"Okay, so... me, but pink hair." Frank said grandly, gesturing to himself.

"Um, no." Gerard deadpanned.

"Why not?" Frank asked. "I think it'd be hot."

"I can't see it." Gerard laughed. "I can see blonde, maybe..."

"What about purple?" Frank suggested. "I could rock that. Pretty tubular, y'know? Like... intergalactic."

"Eh..." Gerard shrugged. "You should do green."

"That's actually a good idea." Frank gasped jokingly. "Do I dye the fringe? Or the sides? Or--"

"Dye it red," Gerard interrupted, Frank falling silent. "Yeah, dye the sides red. That would be hot."

"Are you being serious this time?" Frank asked, tilting his head into the receiver.

"Dead." Gerard said. "I will literally help you dye it right now."

"Serious?" Frank asked, his heart stuttering at the realization that Gerard was being serious. "I mean-- okay, yeah-- uhh, right now?"

"Why not?" Gerard said. "I'll be over in like, twenty minutes. Be ready!"

Frank couldn't even get out a response before Gerard hung up, and his jaw hung open at the fact that Gerard was actually going to dye his hair.

Sure to his word, Gerard was ringing the doorbell not fifteen minutes later -- and Frank, jittery with nerves and excitement, greeted him. "Oh god, are we really doing this?"

Gerard shrugged, the door closing behind him as he kissed Frank shortly in greeting. "I've got some ideas, don't worry."

Together, they wandered up to the bathroom -- where Frank tugged the stool from the corner and set it beneath the counter. "Uh, what do we need for this?"

"I got most of it." Gerard said simply, placing the Walgreens bag atop the counter. He pulled the contents of the bag out, Frank watching in bewilderment as he placed the bottle of red dye onto the surface. "We're gonna get so pretty."

"Hell yeah, we are." Frank agreed, excitedly hopping on the counter and kicking his legs as Gerard glanced up at him.

"I kinda wanna do something to my hair, too." Gerard suggested sheepishly, his hand coming up to toy with the dark curls framing his face.

"What do you want to do?" Frank asked curiously, tilting his head.

"Chop it all off," Gerard said casually, shrugging as Frank gaped. "It's getting too long, anyway."

"Oh god," Frank said, reaching his own hand out to curl some of the locks within his nimble fingertips. "I like your hair like this... but I think it'd look cute short, too."

"I'm gonna chop it off," Gerard confirmed, nodding with an excited smile. "Fuck-- do you have any scissors?"

Frank nodded, quickly leaping off the counter and rushing to snatch a pair of old, rickety scissors from the kitchen, returning with a crooked grin.

"Okay, okay," Gerard giggled, taking the scissors. "Let's do you, first."

"Alright." Frank giggled excitedly, hopping back up onto the sink and wiggling his socked toes.

"Okay, uh..." Gerard said slowly, biting his lip. "You're either going to want to wear an old shirt, or... no shirt."

"Oh--" Frank said, eyes widened as both teens flushed furiously. "Um, which do you prefer?"

"Either one works... it's just whatever you're comfortable with." Gerard shrugged, hiding behind his hair.

"What are you more comfortable with?" Frank asked, watching Gerard carefully.

"I told you, I don't care. I mean-- take it off, if you want..." Gerard said through a searing blush, obviously embarrassed. "I mean, it's just a shirt. Not like we're doin' anything..."

Frank pursed his lips, eventually deciding on just taking it off -- balling it up as he tossed it into the corner. He could tell that Gerard was trying to keep his gaze anywhere but on Frank's bare chest, as the slightly younger of the two focused on fumbling with a pair of clear latex gloves.

Frank sighed discreetly, playing with his nails as Gerard finally managed to pop the cap of the dye. "I probably should've brought bleach... I don't know how much this will show up."

"Oh well," Frank shrugged, leaning in closer. "Fuck it. You only live once, y'know?"

"Yolo," Gerard chuckled fondly, getting some of the dye on his fingers and glancing to Frank. "Maybe we should've washed your hair before this, too."

"Too late now." Frank grinned crookedly. "Just do it."

Gerard sighed through a smile, finally applying the dye to the side of Frank's head -- slightly outgrown and soft to the touch from where it had been shaved in the past.

Frank cringed slightly, curling his nose as he glanced at Gerard sideways, keeping his head stationary. "That feels so weird."

Gerard didn't reply, only smiling as he slathered in the dye. "I have no idea what I'm doing."

"That's assuring." Frank replied, watching Gerard's face as he carefully finished the side.

Turning his head, Frank let Gerard do the same on the other side -- up until both sides were dowsed in the bright dye, Gerard speaking up. "I really hope this shows up, otherwise, I've just wasted ten bucks and fifteen minutes."

"It'll be worth the memory." Frank said fondly, leaning in and capturing Gerard's lips in an adoring kiss, giggling softly as he placed a hand to his cheek and pulled back just slightly -- admiring him. The hazel of his eyes glittering in the lights of the vanity, flecks of earthy green mingled in the dark leaves as his gaze pierced into Frank's. His long lashes keeping away from his cheeks and his neat eyebrows pursed together just the slightest in the cutest expression. His cheeks dusted with a sweet cotton-candy pink, tinging the faintest of freckles upon his pale skin, his nose perked and his pink lips pressed together smally as he gazed right on back at Frank.

"God..." Frank said breathlessly in disbelief at how he was able to call Gerard his as he whispered the next line softly. "You're beautiful, G."

Gerard's face flushed further, his ears reddening as he shyed away from Frank's eyes -- hiding behind his long locks as he tugged off his gloves. Both their hearts were rhythming to the same racketing beat, pounding in their reckless teenage chests as Frank's chest was lofty with adoration for the other boy. Surely, it was his first time ever confessing of how he noticed Gerard's beauty, and the near intimacy of it all had Gerard's stomach twisting as he smiled softly to himself. "Thank you..."

Frank smiled warmly, sweeping his thumb over Gerard's cheek before lowering it -- leaning back and watching as Gerard watched right on back. Slowly, Gerard found himself situated in between Frank's legs atop the counter -- both blushing up storms as Gerard gulped, Frank taking Gerard's face in both hands and tucking the outgrown hair behind his dainty ears. "I'm going to miss your hair."

"It'll grow back eventually." Gerard replied, smiling as Frank threaded his fingers through the curls -- fondly tilting his head as he knew it would be the last time in a long while that he would be gifted the opportunity to do this.

Frank didn't respond, only lowering a hand to rest on Gerard's hip as he continued running his hands through Gerard's hair -- eventually letting his hand slip down and rub against the back of his neck, smiling warmly through closed lips and crinkled eyes. "You're so beautiful."

And Gerard's chest heightened again -- like he was doing a loop-de-loop on a rollercoaster, up and down and up and down, unpredictable as it racketed within his ribcage -- his lips quirking into a shy smile as he finally worked the courage to place his hands on the side of Frank's bare arms -- a fact that still intimidated him.

His arms were smooth, yet raised in bumpy, rough spots as Gerard ran his palms over the bare skin -- the two just smiling at each other as Frank's legs wrapped around Gerard's, casually and innocently hooking his heels just below the back of Gerard's knees. "You know, I want to get tattoos once I graduate."

"Do you?" Gerard asked, intrigued, and his mind rabbiting at the thought of an inked Frank.

"Yeah," Frank said simply, gazing down at his bare torso -- his stomach flat and toned as the slightest trail of hair peeked from beneath the waistband of his sweatpants -- otherwise, his chest hairless and smooth, spare a few peeking curls. "I want a lot of 'em."

"What of?" Gerard asked, finally allowing his gaze to rake over the shirtless Frank in front of him. "And where?"

"I'm thinking I want something relating to my birthday," Frank said quietly, rubbing his knuckles over the side of Gerard's neck. "Maybe Halloween across the knuckles."

Gerard took a moment to think. "That's about one letters too many."

"I'll make it work," Frank said, shooting him a toothy grin. "And like... maybe a jack-o-lantern of something scary on my back." He continued on, beginning to ramble as Gerard just watched with a smile. "And like, right on my pec," He said, pointing to the blank space just above his nipple. "I wanna get like... a flame or something, and write the words 'Hope' over it."

"Have you got this all thought out?" Gerard teased softly, tracing invisible lines along Frank's shoulders.

"Just got a few ideas," Frank shrugged, reaching down and making a motion to his lower stomach. "I wanna get doves on my hipbones or something, maybe. I'm still thinking of what to write over it, though."

Gerard smiled fondly, gazing into Frank's blunt, warm eyes. "Well, I hope I'm around to see all of these realities become truths."

"I hope so too," Frank smiled back, draping his arms over Gerard's shoulders. "I really like you, G. I like you a lot."

"I really like you too." Gerard smiled, his forehead coming against Frank's as all of the air seemed to be suddenly sucked out of the room for the two -- Frank gasping softly as Gerard's gaze bore deep into his, a sheepish smile quirked on his lips as he let his eyes flutter shut -- leaning into Frank's touch and his head against his, tenderly brushing the tips of their noses together.

Frank felt like he couldn't breathe as he let his own eyes fall half-lidded, curling his nose teasingly before nuzzling against Gerard once more in a delicate Eskimo kiss -- Frank overwhelmed at the empowering, knee-weakening feeling building up in his chest. Like a cacophonous symphony wishing to wail into the night, restricted by chains upon its cage as it roared like a lion within Frank -- aching to let itself burst free and roam, showcasing each and every inch of his unending adoration for Gerard.

And well, he wasn't quite sure what his chest was attempting to try and pry from the very depths of his throat, but he knew that he had to say it, and he had to say it bad. He couldn't pinpoint the aching feeling of Gerard's smiling lips, soft against his own, melting into his senses -- Gerard's careful hand coming to cup just beneath Frank's jaw as they kissed. Somehow, this felt different, than the rest of their kisses. It felt more intentional, more delicate, more intimate than the rest -- Frank making a small noise in the back of his throat as his brain struggled to compute what his heart was aching to spill.

And just as his lips had begun to fall pliant enough to let it escape -- just as he was about to pull back and allow himself to admit whatever his heart was desiring him to do so, Gerard was the one to pull back -- eyelashes fluttering as he caught his breath, quirking a nervous smile. "Um, I think we're ready to rinse it out now."

Frank quickly caught back up to speed, managing a nod as he swallowed the lump of words built in his throat -- forgetting what he was trying to say at all, though the same fluttering feeling remained as he was bent into the bowl of the sink, Gerard washing the dye from his locks.

And as Gerard's fingers ran through his hair, ensuring that all of the color was down the drain -- Frank glanced back up through his soggy hair to crookedly grin at his reflection in the mirror, meeting Gerard's gaze excitedly through it. "It actually turned out good!"

Gerard smiled, leaning over Frank and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "It looks amazing, babe." To which Frank flushed furiously at the pet-name -- a rare one used between the two, yet one that always made them red beyond belief.

Frank giggled, turning and quickly catching Gerard's lips in a kiss -- landing more on the side of his mouth, than anything, as he focused on kissing at his upper lip -- Gerard shuddering through a giggle as Frank shook his wet locks, splattering droplets of water all over Gerard's face.

"Frank!" He exclaimed, pulling back through a rioting giggle as he wiped his sleeve over his face -- reaching behind him and shoving a towel at Frank. "Dry your damn hair."

"Pushy," Frank giggled back, although he obeyed, drying what he could before turning back to Gerard excitedly. "Now we've gotta do you."

Gerard turned excited as well, getting everything ready as Frank spread towels across the tile of the floor, just hoping that it would work somewhat to catch Gerard's hair as it was chopped off.

"Gonna be honest, I'm scared I'm going to completely fuck this up," Frank admitted, having retrieved his father's razor. "How do I even start?"

"Um," Gerard shrugged, sitting cross-legged on the floor. "I dunno."

"Oh my god, this is not going to end well." Frank laughed, hiding his face in his hands. "Okay, well, let's just cut and hope for the best."

Gerard laughed softly. "If all else fails, we can always just schedule a hair appointment to fix it."

"Fair enough." Frank chuckled, getting the razor and scissors ready. "Do you... want to take off your shirt? I don't want the hair getting down there and getting you all itchy..." He mumbled sheepishly.

Gerard seemed hesitant, biting on his lip before nodded in agreement, quirking a nervous smile. "Uh, yeah, alright."

Frank sent him back an assuring smile, politely keeping his gaze averted as Gerard shyly tugged his shirt over his head -- his arms instantly coming to cross across his stomach as he glanced at Frank, quirking yet another nervous smile.

Frank gazed over him shortly, his breath stolen momentarily at the sight of the smooth, porcelain skin in front of him -- aching to be touching and kissed and loved, but holding for another time as Frank kept his composure, clearing his throat and getting back to business.

He frowned at the arms crossed over his tummy in an obvious act of self-consciousness, but Frank knew that simply telling Gerard that he had no reason to feel such a way wouldn't fix him in just an afternoon. He settled on the simple and inevitable, smiling warmly as he pressed a loving kiss to his cheek. "You're beautiful, Gerard."

Gerard's cheeks flushed, and he gazed away -- the two cutting away at the hair until they were finished hacking it off, Frank feeling confident of the finished project.

"What do you think?" Frank asked, reaching in and brushing some excess clippings from Gerard's shoulders -- aiding him in standing as he looked at himself in the mirror, in shock for a brief moment.

"Oh my god," Gerard breathed out, his expression breaking into a grin as he turned to Frank. "You did such a good job."

Frank beamed back, admiring his now shortened hair -- soft and fluffed without the weight of such long locks holding it down, curling around his ears and halting just above the nape of his neck -- still a deep black from where he had dyed it far before meeting Frank, through the natural-colored roots were just beginning to peek through at the sprigs sprouting from his scalp.

"I love it, you look adorable," Frank smiled adoringly, wrapping his arms around Gerard and tugging him in close -- rocking them sideways as he teetered back and forth on his feet. "My adorable little dork."

"You're the dork here." Gerard blushed, his stomach fluttering at Frank's bare skin pressed against his own -- his heart thumping at how it was still an innocent encounter, and how neither sought to push any further.

Frank only sighed in soft contentment, his cheek coming to rest against the side of Gerard's chest as he hugged him closer, still rocking them side-to-side. "You're everything, Gerard."

Gerard didn't quite know how to respond to that, spluttering as his heart worked overtime -- and he was sure Frank could hear it from where he was pressed against him. "What do you mean?"

"You're-- I don't even..." Frank sighed, shrugging. "You're just everything. You make me so happy."

And with that, Gerard's breath caught in his throat, stomach doing flip-flops as he clutched Frank closer -- a bundle of words caught on the back of his tongue as Frank's mind was repeating the exact same phrase over and over and over.

And that was when Frank finally came to terms with the feeling lofty inside him -- letting the lion free and the symphony clamber to a thundering start as his lips finally shaped around the fateful words, whispering softly against his boyfriend. "I love you, Gerard."

Gerard swore he felt every nerve in his body short-circuit as the words left in slow motion from Frank's mouth -- his toes curling and his throat catching a gasp as the rest of the world melted like sticky caramel around him, only one thing the focus of his universe as he replied back just as softly. "I-- I love you too, Frank."

And Frank grinned, the symphony playing at full volume as they boomed on their cymbals and blared on their trumpets -- the lion roaring out valiantly and a world of something he'd never thought existed played out within. He pulled back, smiling at Gerard as they met in a wordless kiss -- sighing softly into it as they melted into the other's touch.

Because, well, as unconventional as it was -- Frank had just told his first love of his feelings in the middle of his mother's bathroom, both of them shirtless, Frank reeking of hair dye, and runaway strand of Gerard's hair scratching both of them -- but regardless of all of that, it felt as if the most perfect thing that Frank had ever experienced.

For Frank had never ever been in love before. Not true love -- not love like in the movies. Gerard, Frank supposed, was as close as he believed he could get to a picture-perfect Hollywood love story. He hadn't even quite realized that the feeling he could never pinpoint deep within him was actually, lo and behold, love for the boy he'd grown so infatuated with over the past two months.

But now that they'd admitted it, everything just felt so right. Frank felt as if nobody could hurt him in this moment as Gerard's lips slowly melded with his, only pulling back to take a deep breath, quirking a shy smile. "Am I dreaming?"

"I hope not," Frank replied breathlessly, leaning in and kissing Gerard once more, his entire body fizzy and alight with joy as he could finally speak freely of the three fatal words. "I love you, Gerard. I love you."

Gerard couldn't stop smiling, pressing the side of his face into Frank's as he hugged him tighter. "I love you too, Frankie."

And as they stood there in the bathroom, holding each other close as they reeled from the ever-lingering of hopping onto a cloud of ignorant bliss with the other -- Frank was sure, that in this moment, nothing could ever taint it. That in that moment, nothing could come between the two and tear them apart -- that really, in that moment, it was just Frank and Gerard.

But little did he know of the hells to come...

---

a/n: aaAAH IT HAPPENED EVERYBODY SCREAM *SCRE A M S* sorry about the cliffhanger oops. yea the whole 'i love you' thing wasn't supposed to happen until another two chapters or so but i've kinda tossed the outline for the moment so. i felt like this was so much more real and intimate, i guess?? idk.

i hope u enjoyed :")) do ur homework, drink some water, have a lovely day/night/grr. xoxoxox, mikes.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

70.3K 3.3K 47
Frank was the new kid, the new American kid, in a British boarding school and that wasn't the hardest part. Frank wished that was the hardest part. B...
86.2K 3.7K 10
"I'm trying to live my life without you." Book 2 of the soulmates series
1M 45.9K 91
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
88.7K 3.4K 18
In which Eddie leaves Derry for the summer to stay with his aunt. Then he meets Richie.