The Snow-Wolf

Galing kay FaithHarris8

We know the story of Jacob Black. But what about his twin sister, Hannah Black. The year she turns 16, her li... Higit pa

Authors Note
The Prologue
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: The Darkness
Chapter 3: The Truth
Chapter 4: The Panic
Chapter 5: The Protector
Chapter 6: The Council Meeting
Chapter 7: The Mend
Chapter 8: The Bonfire
Chapter 10: The Artist
Chapter 11: The Last Day
Chapter 12: The Brother
Chapter 13: The Rebirth
Chapter 14: The Treaty
Chapter 15: The Cullens
Chapter 16: The Note
Chapter 17: The Reflection
Chapter 18: The Departure
Chapter 19: The Demon
Chapter 20: The Dance
Chapter 21: The Unexplained
Chapter 22: The Alpha
Chapter 23: The Human Blood
Chapter 24: The Hybrid
Chapter 25: The Newborn
Chapter 26: The Walking Dead
Chapter 27: The Sister
Chapter 28: The Bitter Winter
Chapter 29: The Christmas Party
Chapter 30: The Redcoats
Chapter 31: The Driving Lesson
The Epilogue

Chapter 9: The Date

1.7K 32 2
Galing kay FaithHarris8

Chapter 9: The Date

The next day, after earning a strong reprimand from Jacob about letting Seth try to take advantage of me through our kiss, I prepared for my first date ever. My dad was amused by Jacob's overprotective nature. My brother was bitter and he warned Seth when he heard about our date that morning that he wanted me in the house at 9pm sharp. My dad rolled his eyes and told us 10pm was more reasonable.

Bella had been over with Jacob since noon (they both got out of school early) and they had gone on a walk after Jacob took a small nap. Leah hovered in the house a bit irritated that she was still stuck babysitting when Jacob was home. Jacob and Bella disappeared for a few hours. Jacob came back around 5:30 and Charlie drove separately behind him. Charlie was coming over to hang with my dad while I went out.

As they came in, Leah slipped out the backdoor so Charlie wouldn't see her. Dad, who was in his chair in the living room with me, could see Jacob was pleased about something. He asked and Jacob explained he kissed Bella and she broke her hand. Dad let out a heavy breath. Charlie didn't seem concerned. Charlie then asked me why I wasn't ready yet. He had heard I had a date. I was immediately embarrassed and went back to my room.

I knew the restaurant that Seth was taking me to was not too fancy, but I didn't want to go on my first date looking like I did back at the hospital. Thankfully Bella helped me pick out an outfit when she heard I was stressing over it earlier today. Jacob had already told me Seth was planning on wearing a white button up and black pants that Sam had loaned him. I wore a black skirt, and a dark green blouse with some black sandals and a gold necklace. The blouse had once been tight but now it was loose on my underweight body. I hoped my clothes would fit again once I started getting my appetite back some more. The skirt was elastic at the waist so thankfully it was tight enough not to fall off. I hadn't dressed up since Harry's funeral. I put my hair up in a ponytail, which I hadn't done since receiving my scar back in January.

When I was finally dressed, I headed out into the living room. My dad was watching a football game recap with Charlie. Walking over to the vacant side of the couch, Charlie, Jacob, and my dad were amazed.

I immediately felt self-conscious. "What?"

Charlie smiled widely. "Hannah. You're beautiful! Seth is going to be blown away."

My dad was teary-eyed. "You look so much like your mom. It's a good thing you and Jacob are fraternal twins."

Charlie laughed. "Yeah. Jake would be a weird looking guy if he looked like Hannah."

Jacob rolled his eyes at Charlie, but did laugh at the thought. He stood and left the room, while I took a seat on the sofa. He came back a moment later with a black leather jacket that was Rachel's. "It's supposed to get a little cool tonight. If you get uncomfortable please call me. You have your cell phone right?"

Jacob's overprotective nature was amusing to Charlie. "I so wish Bella would fall for you, Jake."

Jacob nodded. "Yeah. Me too, Charlie." Jacob then asked, "You think Bella is still pissed about the kiss?"

I spoke up taking the jacket, "You're such a hypocrite, Jacob."

He looked at me with confusion.

I spoke again. "You get mad at me and Seth for kissing willingly, but you force a kiss on Bella. How is ours worse than yours?"

Jacob narrowed his eyes. "Three words: Kissing in bed."

Charlie was shocked. He immediately scolded me for that. I sighed. It felt like I had three dads suddenly. "We weren't going to do anything. Seth isn't like that."

Jacob scoffed. "He's a teenage guy, sis. Don't forget that."

I wanted to protest. But I couldn't bring up the imprint thing with Charlie in the room. So instead I just fell quiet in anticipation.

I fiddled with my fingers for a few more minutes. Then I heard a car pull up the drive. I went to stand, but Charlie pulled me down. "Woah! Slow your roll kid. Seth has to knock and be a gentleman first. It's already bad enough you're dating someone who has to get his sister to drive you around."

I sighed. "He's not that much younger, Charlie. And he told me he can drive but he doesn't have a license since he's too young."

"You still haven't gotten yours, right?" Charlie delved into a world I couldn't even think of at the moment.

I frowned. "I... I never took my test. I was supposed to in April but a lot happened."

My father and Jacob were surprised. Then they frowned when they realized this was another thing they had neglected during my abandonment.

"I'll get you another appointment, Han," Dad promised. "Your brother can help you practice some since he has a car now."

I just nodded to my father. I honestly didn't care about getting my license. I was trapped in La Push, so there was nowhere to drive to. And ever since my mom's death, I had no desire to get behind the wheel of a car.

Seth finally knocked at the door at 7pm on the dot. I stood and stumbled immediately. Jacob had stood as well and caught my arm. "Are you sure you feel up to this, sis?"

I shook him off. "I'll be with Seth... He'll look out for me." He dropped his hand in defeat.

I headed to the door and opened it. Seth stood on the other side. He looked very different with a nice shirt on. But he was still handsome. He had even tried to comb through his messy hair. He was bewildered when he saw my appearance. His eyes filled with love and adoration. "Hannah... wow... you look beautiful..."

I lowered my head to hide my abashment. "Thanks... sorry I'm not wearing makeup... I don't know how to apply it really. My sisters didn't teach me..."

Seth leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek. Then he gently lifted my chin so he could meet my gaze. "Don't you ever put makeup on this pretty face. You're perfect the way you are."

Jacob sighed behind me. He threw the jacket at Seth who caught it easily.

Seth eyed my brother with suspicion. "You won't be spying on us will you?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'll keep my distance, Seth. I have sleep to catch up on." He said the last part so only Seth and I could hear. "Embry and Quil are in the area just in case something goes wrong. Call me immediately if it does."

Jacob then pulled me into a hug.

"Enjoy tonight, Sis. You need this." He whispered the last part so Charlie couldn't hear again. "Don't worry about the vampires tonight. Just have a good time and let Seth spoil you."

I nodded. I knew as long as Seth was with me I would be safe.

He then left us to go into his room and sleep. My dad wheeled to the door with Charlie behind him.

"You kids have fun," Billy said. "Take care of my daughter, Seth. I have a Winchester outback if you hurt her."

Charlie laughed. "I guess I should hide my gun in my car just in case."

I shrunk a bit in embarrassment.

Seth wasn't amused. "I won't hurt her. I'll never let anything happen to her when she's with me."

Charlie was surprised by Seth's sincerity.

Billy sighed. "I know Seth. Just feels good to get to play the overprotective father for once. Be home around 10pm. You know if you aren't Jacob will find you."

Seth rolled his eyes. He took my hand.

"Wait!" Charlie left the room and came back with a camera.

I groaned. "Do we have to?"

My dad nodded. "Your first date should be captured. Plus, Sue wants a copy."

Charlie held up the camera. "Smile, kiddos."

Seth pulled me to his side. I blushed, keeping my hands together anxiously. I had never gone out with a guy before other than hanging as friends. I was suddenly nervous. But I tried to smile and the flash went off.

Once the picture was captured, Seth started to lead me outside to Leah's used Toyota Corolla . Leah was flipping through stations trying not to look like she was watching us and invading our date night. Seth grabbed the backdoor and opened it. I blushed and got in. He unfortunately had to sit in the front because his legs were so long. He apologized and I joked that Leah would probably be uncomfortable if his legs were squeezing into her seat from behind. Leah agreed.

Eventually we arrived at the restaurant which was a locally owned joint right on the edge of the Quillayute River. Seth jumped out and got my door for me.

Leah asked as she rolled down the window to talk to us, "You sure you don't want a pick up?"

Seth shook his head. "We're good, Leah. Sam and Billy said I could run her home."

Leah nodded. "Alright. You kids have fun. If he makes you uncomfortable let me know and I'll kick him in the place that hurts for you. You might break your foot if you try."

Seth groaned. "Leah!"

She laughed and drove off waving. I smiled. Seth and Leah reminded me a little of how Jacob and I used to be. I was trying to open up to Jacob day by day, but I was still anxious around him like I was with the other members of the pack. Leah, Seth, Collin, and Brady were the only werewolves so far I really didn't tense up around. I guess that's because they weren't part of the darkness of my past.

As we went towards the restaurant's entry, Jen was coming out with her own boyfriend who was a senior at Forks High school. She had told me about him briefly. I couldn't remember his name, but he was a brunette, about 5'10, and had that soccer player type look. She was thrilled when she saw me actually out and about. But she asked me why I wasn't in school again for finals.

I explained to her that I was still not doing well physically and was given the tests at home. She was saddened by this. Then she said, "Well at least school is over now for the summer so you can rest and be back in the fall refreshed."

I nodded. It was strange to think a whole school year had gone by already. I wasn't sure if I passed my finals and I really didn't care.

Her eyes shot to Seth then. "I don't think I've seen you in school before? What grade are you going into?"

I tried not to reveal my amusement. The funny thing is, Jen probably had seen Seth before at our school. But he had changed so much in the last few weeks she probably just didn't recognize him.

Seth smiled. "Seth Clearwater. I'm actually going to be a freshman next year."

Jen shook his hand and smiled. I knew she thought he meant college, because she gave me a nod of approval. "Well, take care of Hannah. She had a rough last few months. It's good to see someone is finally looking out for her."

Her and her boyfriend left then, and once they were gone I shook my head in disbelief.

"Wow. I thought she'd be against me dating you and being younger," Seth commented. "Looks like she's into the older man thing."

I smiled. "She thought you were talking about going into college."

His mouth opened a bit as he realized his mistake. Then he laughed. "Man. I guess I really don't look my age. Maybe I can sneak a beer."

I was puzzled. "Would that even affect you?"

He shook his head. "Probably not. I'm sure I'd just burn the alcohol right off."

We eventually went in and were seated by the hostess. Our waitress, who was actually Jared's mom, came over and grabbed our drinks once we were situated. Seth ordered a sprite, and I asked for water. I felt like Seth and I would be the talk of the tribe tomorrow with the look Ms. Cameron was giving us. I was told softly by Seth as she walked away that she didn't know about Jared being a werewolf.

I was a little surprised by this. He noticed. "Jared's always been distant from his mom... she doesn't question his disappearances. But I hear she's taking a liking to Kim pretty well when Jared and her are together at home."

I nodded. Then I tried not to think of the werewolves again. I just wanted to focus on Seth. Also, Dad told me before Charlie arrived to just be a teenage girl today. I was trying, but I was still physically not where I needed to be. I looked over the menu unsure what to get. My stomach was doing better, but I really didn't want to chance it.

Seth noticed my uncertainty. "See anything?"

I nodded. "Yeah... I think I'm going to stick with the Clam Chowder soup and garden salad. I just don't want to eat anything too heavy."

He seemed a little upset by this. "That's not much food."

I smiled reassuringly. "It's enough for me. I'm not able to consume stuff in quantity like you and the guys without exploding."

He laughed. "I guess so."

Ms. Cameron was back with our drinks and some rolls (she slipped an extra one because of Seth's friendship to Jared) and then took our order. Seth ordered the Fish Fry. He said it was a favorite of his, because it reminded him of his dad. It didn't taste exactly like what Harry used to make, but it was close.

Once the waitress left again, Seth fiddled with his fork, turning it between his fingers. He was just as anxious as I was about our date. He broke the silence though.

"So... the other day you asked me a ton of questions. It's my turn," he said.

I was surprised. Questions about me? I started to tear at my straw wrapper. "Okay... what do you want to know?"

"Everything," he said. "But I'll start with asking: what is your favorite thing to eat when you do have an appetite?"

I thought for a moment. "Hmm... probably Mac and cheese. It's got a home taste to it. My mom used to make it all the time with a special recipe. Unfortunately, she didn't write it down before she passed so I have to stick to Kraft."

He smiled. "What was your favorite thing about your mom?"

I twirled the wrapper around my finger watching as I did. "Her humor... she was the comedian of the family. She loved April fools day, and she enjoyed telling horrible jokes at the dinner table. She kept our home pretty lively."

"Did you get some of that quality in you?"

I glanced up at him with a sudden pout. "No... Jacob, Quil, and Embry told me once I was the worst comedian in the world. None of my knock knock jokes make any sense."

He smirked. "Tell me one."

"No." I said firmly.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine." He thought about another question. "So if comedy isn't your forte then what are you good at?"

I frowned. "Well... before January I used to paint and draw a lot. But I haven't picked up a paintbrush or pencil to do that in a while."

He frowned. "You should again. If it makes you happy." He moved his straw around his glass. "I hate that everyone destroyed the old Hannah before I met her. Maybe we can make the new Hannah have some similarities though. Tomorrow you should paint or draw something."

I thought about it for a moment. "Well... there is one thing I've considered drawing for a few days. But I would need a model."

He looked at me with question. "Yeah? What's that?"

I blushed again. "You... I used to do a lot of portraits of people. I'd love to do one of you sometime."

Seth beamed. "Well, it's good I'm with you again tomorrow after my morning shift. But I charge by the hour," he joked. "My face alone is $20."

I laughed.

Time seemed to stop as the sound came out of me. My mind swirled with elation. I had not laughed in months. The last time I laughed was probably with Quil right before he ditched me. I was shocked by the forgotten action. I pressed my hand to my chest feeling my heartbeat.

Seth seemed to know what I was thinking as I sat in shock. He smiled with relief. "Finally... I've been waiting to hear that. I've never gotten the chance to listen to you laugh before... it's such a heartwarming sound."

I dropped my hand and smiled slightly. "It... it felt good. I never thought I'd do that again." I met Seth's gaze. "You're bringing me back to life it seems."

"Glad to hear," he said. He continued his questions then. "So other than art what else do you like to do?"

I thought over it again. "Well... back when Jacob, Quil, and Embry still hung out with me I enjoyed walking along the beach with them and trying to outrun the waves that crashed. Most of the time Quil would be the first to lose and get hit by the water."

He thought about this for a moment. "You must've been really close to them back then, huh?"

I sighed. I went back to my wrapper. "I was... I still love them and care about them, but I've lost my trust in them. They all keep making promises to me still, but I don't take any of them seriously... they really broke my heart. I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to trust anyone again." I looked at Seth who was sad and angry by this news. I tried to calm him down. "But you've helped me heal a little, and I've found someone to trust again. Honestly, I don't know how I would've reacted to all of this in the beginning if you weren't there. Bella seems to be better at freaky than me... I'd probably have gone completely insane without you..."

He put his hand over my own suddenly, and brushed his thumb against my palm. "I'm glad I was there."

Our food came ten minutes later. In that time Seth had asked me tons of random questions. He really did want to know everything: likes, dislikes, favorite color, favorite movie, favorite book. The list went on and on.

As Seth went to eat a piece of his fish, he asked before his bite, "Any phobias?"

I thought for a moment, moving my lettuce around with my fork. "Well, I've always been terrified of spiders. I was bit by one when I was younger and got really sick. Also, the fact they have all those eyes and legs..." I shivered just thinking about it.

Seth swallowed his food and was amused. "So if I ever hear you scream from your bathroom I'll need to prepare a good splat."

I cringed. "There better not be spiders in my bathroom..." I then asked him, "What about you? Or do you guys lose all your fears when you change?"

He grimaced. "No... unfortunately we still are human in a way when we're in our other forms. I'm still terrified of heights. The others make fun of me for it, but when I get to the edge of a cliff or large drop I get all panicked and frozen."

"Well... good thing is I don't like heights much myself. So I'll never make you take me out to a cliff. And you're so tall I don't think I'll ever need you to stand on a ladder for me. Probably only takes one werewolf to screw in a lightbulb."

Seth was stunned by my statement. Then he laughed and shook his head. "You've got some humor in you. The others were clearly killjoys if they didn't find you funny."

After we ate, Seth paid for our meal and we made our way out. It was only half past eight so Seth wanted to walk with me along the beach for a little bit. We headed half a mile to the boardwalk and then out onto the rock mixed with sand towards the waves. I was surprised to see the clouds broke long enough for the moon to reflect on the waves. Seth held my hand as we moved along the shoreline. I felt so overcome with peace.

For so many months I had been alone. Since March, I had feared I would never be happy again. Since the day Quil left me, I felt like all hope of anything good was gone. The life I had known since before I could remember had ended. I had doubted anyone would ever be able to repair the broken pieces of me.

But Seth was here now. Seth was protecting me and staying by my side. He wanted to be with me, and he wanted to make me happy. Despite the fact that he imprinted on me, I could see he was enjoying having a girlfriend and not just a girl he was destined to protect. I put my head against his forearm as we continued to walk along the sand. I was wearing Rachel's jacket now, but Seth's warmth made me a little too hot in the leather material. I knew if I took it off I'd have to let go of his hand though. I didn't really want to release the comfort quite yet.

Seth came to a stop suddenly, and his eyes turned thrilled. "Hannah! Look! Dolphins! I didn't know they came this far up north!"

His excitement was cute and I smiled. I looked out at the water, but I couldn't see what he was seeing. "Sorry, Seth... it's too dark for me."

He cringed. "Oh yeah... sorry. I forget I have enhanced vision sometimes."

A thought hit me then. I was not sure if it would anger Seth if I brought the topic up. I didn't want to ruin our evening. But I had to know. Because I didn't know if Alice's vision would come true... and I didn't want it to... not at all... but if it did...

"Seth...?"

He looked down at me to let me know I had his attention. His hand squeezed my own. He was smiling. I didn't want to make him upset.

"Never mind. It's not important."

Seth got in front of me and cupped my cheek. "Hannah... you can talk to me about anything."

I frowned. "I just don't want to ruin the night and upset you."

He urged me to say what I needed to by keeping his gaze on me.

I let out a heavy breath. "It's just... Alice Cullen's vision keeps popping in my head. I know there's a chance we can stop it from happening, but if for some reason the redhead vampire succeeds," I shivered. "If she turns me, what will happen between you and me? I'll become your enemy..."

He shook his head. His thumb brushed my cheekbone. "It won't happen... but if by some .001% chance it does then I will stay by your side and help you live like the Cullen's. I'll always love you, no matter what you become."

His soft eyes looked deep into my own. It was too dark for me to see their color, but I knew they were warm and brown from my time with him. He spoke again, placing his pointer finger under my chin to not let me drop from his gaze.

He sounded determined. "But it won't happen... you are protected by so many at this moment. Even now Embry and Quil are spying on us in the woods nearby. Which might I add is a total invasion of privacy!" He huffed, dropping his hand from my chin to snap at the woodline nearby. I smiled slightly at his complaint. He turned back to me and then pulled my hand up to his lips kissing my knuckles. He kept my skin against him for a moment, whispering to return back to my question, "Trust me, Hannah... I will always love and be there for you no matter what happens in the future."

I shut my eyes, enjoying the warmth of his hand and breath on my skin. The crashing of the waves and his reassurance was enough to calm my worries. I believed him in that moment. "Okay..."

Seth and I tarried on the beach for another thirty minutes. The moon had gone away at this point and I was having a little more trouble seeing. I stumbled a bit over rocks and almost fell. Thankfully, Seth caught me each time. "Well, your brother was right about one thing," he said.

"What?"

Seth suddenly released my hand and scooped me up into his arms. I gasped as my feet left the earth, and put my arms around his neck to keep from falling.

Seth started to walk us again, looking down at me as he held me in his arms with no effort. "You are a total klutz."

I pouted. "Hey. In my human defense it's dark."

He laughed. "You just tripped over air. It's okay. I'll always try to be there to catch you."

I blushed again and let my head drop against his chest. "I never got to say thank you, by the way," I whispered.

He was uncertain what I meant. "For what?"

I frowned slightly. "Back at your dad's funeral... I had felt so scared and alone. I always felt like even those who weren't in Sam's group or on the council took Sam's side on everything. When he approached me that evening to apologize to me for hurting my wrists, but scolded me for being upset about everything that happened, I felt like a cornered rabbit about to be eaten by a predator. But I saw you from the side. You were protecting me even then. You couldn't do much because your mom respected Sam, but you still found a way. If Leah didn't come over then and there, I honestly might have run away that night because I had no one. You and your sister gave me one small moment of hope that I still had people around me who cared. So thank you for giving me enough hope to try and keep living."

Seth stopped walking at this point as he took in everything I had said. He was shaking, but more so from the pain of my past. "If I had known you better... if I had known what you were going through..." he pressed his mouth to my forehead and I felt his breathing stagger. "I would've been there for you back then. I knew my mom had helped your dad take you to the hospital a few times. I didn't pry, but I wished I had. If I had known you were in such a state, I would've at least tried to be your friend. Even though I wouldn't have been able to be in class or the cafeteria with you, I would've hung out with you outside of school..."

I sighed. "You're here now... that's all that matters. I'm not alone anymore."

Seth walked us away from the beach and set me down at the edge of the woodline. "We still have thirty minutes before your dad's expecting you home. Want to go on a run?"

I was surprised. Then I gave a nod and smiled. "Yeah... sounds fun."

He stepped back. "One second. Let me go change." He left me for just a brief second. Then he was back a moment later in his wolf form. He appeared dark and huge, but the moon showed for a second again and I saw his sandy fur glisten in the night. His eyes sparkled as he came towards me.

Reaching my hand towards his head, he moved low enough so I could place my hand on the space between his ears. His fur was so warm and so soft. Dropping my hand, I smiled at him to let him know I was not afraid. I would never be afraid of Seth. I knew no matter what, he was the one werewolf I would never have to fear being hurt by.

"I... I want to say you're beautiful, but I don't know if that's insulting to you guys." He coughed a laugh, and shook his head to let me know it wasn't. He pressed his nose to my own, and my smile widened. "Wow, Seth. What a big nose you have. And what big ears you have too."

He rolled his eyes at my Red Riding Hood reference, but he was amused. I heard another cough from somewhere nearby. Seth turned his head to glare into the woods from where I could only assume Quil and Embry were still spying.

I asked, already knowing the answer, "Are we still being watched?"

Seth let out a heavy breath and nodded.

"And I guess we can't lose them and hide because of your connection to their thoughts," I muttered.

He nodded.

I was a little frustrated I had no privacy in my personal endeavors, but I knew I would get them back for it. I was already planning to kiss Seth goodnight. If they wanted a show I'd give it to them.

Seth lowered to the ground gesturing for me to climb on. I was a little nervous again, still not used to riding on a five foot tall wolf. I managed to climb on and straddle him. I grabbed some of his fur knowing it wouldn't hurt him. He stood once I gave him the okay. Then he started to run.

He took it at a slow pace, so for him it was more of a light jog than an actual run. But I felt the wind rush past me and my adrenaline pump from the rush. He took us to so many areas of the forest I had never seen. The moon thankfully stayed out enough for me to see the rivers we passed, and a giant lake which Seth circled around. He let out a howl that rang through the air and filled me with thrill. He was just as happy as I was. I was accepting him for all that he had become, and this filled him with joy.

My boyfriend was a werewolf. I never imagined in my wildest dreams I'd fall in love with a werewolf.

Eventually our time had to come to an end. Seth had run us back to the edge of the tree line where I could see my house. The porch light was on and Charlie's cruiser was still in the drive. He probably wanted to make sure my dad didn't actually shoot Seth. Although we all knew (except Charlie) that the bullet wouldn't hurt him.

Once I was off of Seth, he raced back into the forest to return to his human form. He had tied his clothes with a rope to his back leg, so he came back out in the same outfit he wore originally. He took my hand and we walked up the wheelchair ramp to the door.

"If Charlie asks why he didn't hear a car, we'll let him know Leah dropped us off at the end of the street so we could walk for a little bit."

I nodded to let him know I was retaining our cover story.

"Did they follow us while we ran?"

Seth knew who I was talking about. His eyes darted to the woods. "Yeah. And Jacob has joined them now. I guess he woke up and wanted to make sure we were alive."

I sighed. "Maybe once this vampire stuff ends we can go on a date alone."

He nodded. "I'd like that."

Then I took my chance. I knew my overprotective brother, Embry, and Quil were watching. I knew they would be totally against us kissing. They had always been way too obvious about their dislike towards me ever dating a guy. Despite Jacob being my blood brother, the other two liked to think of me as a little sister they could protect too. Especially since neither of them had siblings of their own.

"I had a great night... thank you, Seth."

He placed his arms around my waist. "It's a night I will never forget. You truly are beautiful, Hannah. That's not the imprint talking. I've always thought you were pretty... even at my dad's funeral, you were the prettiest girl in the room. Brady had to smack my head at one point so you didn't catch me staring."

I put my arms around his neck with a smile. "You've grown a lot since then. But you still have a sweet and soft personality. I'm glad that didn't go away with the change."

He bent down and I stood on my tiptoes. Our lips connected again, and my heart soared once more. The kiss was soft at first, with just our lips touching and breaths mixing together. Then he deepened the kiss by moving his hand from my waist to the spot right beneath my ponytail. He pushed my lips apart more so he could graze his teeth against my skin. Shivers raced down my spine and my heart quickened.

He pulled away just slightly, his lips still tickling my own teasingly. "This was the best birthday I could've ever wished for."

His words shocked me. I pulled away and looked at him with horror. Then I felt terrible. "Seth... You didn't tell me that... no one did... I didn't know..."

He moved his lips to my ear. "I told them not to. You were the only present I needed today." He slowly lowered me so I was flat footed on the porch again. Then he kissed me softly on the forehead. "But if you want to give me something, I want one of your old paintings when I come over tomorrow. I want to see them all and pick my favorite."

I sighed. "Fine... deal."

Footsteps came up the ramp behind me then. "Alright, lovebirds. Time for bed," Jacob suddenly said. "No more kissing or I'll never let you two be alone again."

I rolled my eyes. Looking back at Seth, I blushed again and brushed my fingers on his warm cheek. "Thanks for tonight... I felt like myself for the first time in a long time." I hugged him and he hugged me back, pressing his face into my hair. "Happy Birthday, Seth."

"Thanks, Hannah. Get some sleep. I'll be back tomorrow after my morning shift. I love you."

I sighed. "I love you too."

As Jacob opened the door and pulled me in, Seth waved goodbye. Once the door was shut, and Jacob muttered under his breath about hormonal teenagers, I heard in the distance the gleeful howl of a wolf.

Jacob sighed. "What a love struck puppy..."

I fell back against the door. My heart was still racing from the kiss. My dad wheeled into the foyer having heard our entrance. Charlie stepped behind. They both wanted to know how my night was.

My dad must've seen my cheeks were flushed, because he was concerned. "Hannah... you okay? Did you start getting sick again?"

Jacob scoffed. "No. She just spent two minutes with Seth making out on the porch."

I scowled. "Hey! That's not-"

Charlie laughed. "Wow. You are definitely her brother, Jacob."

My dad shook his head. "Looks like I officially have a dating teenager on my hands."

I was immediately embarrassed by the attention and crossed my arms. But on the inside I was soaring. The darkness had seemed to completely vanish within me tonight. For the first time in a long time, I had gotten to feel what true happiness was again.

I knew no matter what happened in the future, as long as Seth was by my side I would be okay.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.3K 75 35
Eleonora Niles a normal teenager, well.. that's what she wanted people to think. Eleonora is a girl that lives in forks, she's looked after town frie...
15.5K 340 19
Jacob Black x OC fanfiction. What happens to Amelie Swan when she moves back to her childhood town with her older sister Bella, to live with their da...
127K 3K 21
This story happens 2 year's after Renesmee's birth, therefore she appears to be a 12 year old. The battle with the Volturi may be over, but will a ne...
335K 6.4K 55
COMPLETED / PAUL LAHOTE FANFICTION Alexandra had never thought anything bad would happen to her. When it did, it devastated her. She moved to Forks...