The Snow-Wolf

By FaithHarris8

We know the story of Jacob Black. But what about his twin sister, Hannah Black. The year she turns 16, her li... More

Authors Note
The Prologue
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: The Darkness
Chapter 3: The Truth
Chapter 4: The Panic
Chapter 5: The Protector
Chapter 6: The Council Meeting
Chapter 7: The Mend
Chapter 9: The Date
Chapter 10: The Artist
Chapter 11: The Last Day
Chapter 12: The Brother
Chapter 13: The Rebirth
Chapter 14: The Treaty
Chapter 15: The Cullens
Chapter 16: The Note
Chapter 17: The Reflection
Chapter 18: The Departure
Chapter 19: The Demon
Chapter 20: The Dance
Chapter 21: The Unexplained
Chapter 22: The Alpha
Chapter 23: The Human Blood
Chapter 24: The Hybrid
Chapter 25: The Newborn
Chapter 26: The Walking Dead
Chapter 27: The Sister
Chapter 28: The Bitter Winter
Chapter 29: The Christmas Party
Chapter 30: The Redcoats
Chapter 31: The Driving Lesson
The Epilogue

Chapter 8: The Bonfire

1.9K 45 7
By FaithHarris8

Chapter 8: The Bonfire

Sitting in Jacob's car in the backseat I was super anxious. Seth sat in the back beside me, although he had to sit a bit sideways since his legs were so long. "Once we pick up Bella can I just run Hannah back to the beach? Your car is so small," Seth whined.

Jacob adjusted the radio sound in the car, saying, "Don't bash my baby. And I already told you that I need Hannah to at least be with us for the first hour so I can cool off Cullen. Bella told me he is pouty about her coming here and will only feel better knowing Hannah is around so none of us lose control."

We drove about two miles outside of La Push then. Jacob brought the car to a park on the side of the road and got out. Seth got out too but only so he could stretch his legs. I felt awkward in the car alone, so I got out on Seth's side. He immediately pulled me into his warm arms. I was glad he did, because the gray pullover I wore didn't seem to be calming my shivers as the sun started to set behind the cloudy sky.

Jacob leaned back against the car with a sigh. "They're coming."

Seth noticed I went tense and rubbed circles on my back. "Edward won't hurt you, Han. He was concerned about you when you were sick the other day."

This relaxed me slightly.

A familiar silver Volvo pulled around the corner and stopped a few meters away. Edward got out and opened the door for Bella. Jacob stayed against his car while Bella got out. She was wearing a black biker jacket which looked pretty on her.

Edward whispered something to her and kissed her on the lips. She kissed him back. I watched with bewilderment. She was kissing a vampire and didn't even flinch. Then I realized, if Edward could kiss Bella who was as human as me, there really was nothing to be so afraid of when it came to the Cullens.

"Get a room," Jacob muttered.

Seth had walked us around to stand beside him. "Be nice, Jake... remember who helped us find Hannah the other week."

Jacob huffed. Bella finally weaseled out of her boyfriend's arms and went to the back of his Volvo. He helped her pull out the small motorcycle her and Jacob had worked on in the past.

My brother scoffed. "So overprotective," he muttered. "Poor Bella can't even keep her bike."

I leaned into Seth and said softly, "From what I hear she probably shouldn't ride bikes... isn't she danger prone? She crashed the last time she rode with you, Seth told me..."

My brother pouted. "Whose side are you on?"

I grimaced. I hung my head slightly. I wasn't really sure anymore. But I answered, "Seth's."

My werewolf protector laughed, more so because I was literally on his side, leaning into him.

Edward and Bella walked over to us then. Edward was carrying Bella's bike with ease, as if it weighed nothing more than a bag of feathers. His strength was definitely revealed to me in that moment. I became nervous but tried not to completely freak out.

Bella was relieved when she saw me. "Hannah! It's so good to see you up and about. How are you feeling?"

I tried to speak, although my voice was a little shaken with the presence of Edward. "Better. Just tired." I then sighed. I really wished I was at home right now and not being forced to this bonfire.

"I'm glad to hear," Edward commented. "You look a bit more spirited than before. I can see Bella was right about you being pretty. It shows more when you're not half dead."

I surprisingly blushed from his compliment.

Edward spoke to Jacob after he set Bella's bike to stand on its own. "I need to talk to you about something... in regards to Hannah." He looked over at me. "I'm not sure if she should hear it. Alice saw something."

Jacob was stunned. He went to walk off with Edward. I protested. I found my courage. "No... if it's about me then I want to know..."

They stopped and looked back at me with uncertainty. Seth let out a deep breath not sure if he should argue.

Bella took my side. "It's only right she knows... she's been lied to too much. Keeping secrets won't help."

Jacob slumped his shoulders but tried to change my mind one last time. "Hannah... it probably will scare you."

I shivered. But I really didn't want secrets anymore. "I... I can handle it..."

Edward seemed hesitant. However, he could see that I would just argue. He looked over at Jacob. My brother gave a small nod.

"Okay..." Edward said with defeat. "I guess I'll speak directly to Hannah." He stepped back over so he was in front of me. Seth hugged me closer as my breathing hitched.

"Alice has been trying to watch your future due to everything that has happened since her first vision. It's been a little difficult with the wolves, but she's able to tune in on you. But nothing she sees is good..." His words sent a chill down my spine. Seth hugged me tighter as he too was getting nervous. "Even with the wolves changing their tactics on your protection, Alice always sees the same scenario. Only it's becoming clearer by the day which is why I'm concerned. She sees something I didn't even think possible: you as a werewolf, phasing back into a human, but your eyes being that of a vampire. Three species in one."

Jacob was shocked. "Is that even possible?"

Edward shut his eyes. "I don't know... we've never thought it possible for someone to be both human and vampire. Typically the venom takes away everything human on the inside, and just molds our bodies to look human so we can lure in our victims. But Alice sees Hannah sleeping and eating, all in a partial vampire state." He opened his eyes again. "Hannah... I don't know when it will happen, or how. We all are doing everything in our power to make sure it won't. But you need to listen to your family and the pack right now. Go to the bonfire and don't let yourself be alone for a second. Once we kill Victoria and her helpers then you can hopefully have some freedom, but right now I agree with the pack: You can't leave La Push and you absolutely can't be alone."

His words horrified me. My heart skipped a beat. "If it's a vision... then it will happen?"

He tried to give a reassuring smile. It was strained though. "We won't let it, Hannah. We've changed Alice's visions before." He placed a cold hand on my arm. I was surprised I didn't flinch. Maybe I wasn't as afraid of Edward as I thought. He seemed to want to keep me safe. "But we need you to be careful. Listen to the pack... and be safe."

I went to argue, but I knew he was right. I was in danger. I had to play along just for now. "Okay... I'll do my best."

He moved away again, kissed Bella on the cheek, and headed back towards his car. "Call me when you need me to rescue you, Bella."

Jacob scowled. He suddenly turned and jerked Bella up into a vice-like grip. She gasped. "Cut it out, Jake!"

He laughed and set her down. She turned to wave goodbye, but the silver car was already disappearing around the curve in the road.

"Nice," She commented, although some acid leaked from her voice.

My brother played dumb. "What?"

Bella huffed. "He's being pretty dang pleasant about this; you don't need to push your luck."

He laughed again, louder than before. He walked toward the Rabbit to hold her door open. "Bella," he finally said in amusement. He shut the door behind her once she was in and said through the glass, "you can't push what you don't have."

Seth sighed. "Jake. Knock it off and get in the car. I'm even more anxious now about Hannah being in the open like this."

Jacob nodded. He turned back to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's going to be okay, Han. We'll all look after you." He opened my door and made me take my seat behind Bella. "Let me throw the bike in the trunk and we'll head out."

Once the bike was packed up (although it was a little big for Jacob's trunk and he had to tie the back down with bungee cords) Jacob and Seth were in the car again and we headed back towards town. We stopped at our house so Jacob could put the bike in the garage. As we waited for him to return, Bella asked, "How are things going between the two of you?"

Seth and I were both startled by her question. I blushed while Seth rubbed the back of his neck. "I can't speak for Hannah, but I'm pretty happy. It's nice to have someone to love and protect. It gives me purpose."

Bella had turned in her seat to look back at us. She glanced my way and I fiddled with my fingers. "Seth's my protector. He makes me feel safe. I'm not so scared when I'm with him."

She seemed satisfied by this. "See Seth. Told you all she needed was some time. I'm glad to hear it worked out."

Jacob came back then, and he drove us to the parking area which was just a dirt cut out in the trees with a path leading towards the beach. We were near the cliffs of La Push at a secret spot many of the locals didn't know about. As we headed down the beaten and unkempt trail, I felt my feet squish in wet sand mixed with thick stones after a moment. Laughter was heard as we reached the opening, and we could already see a bonfire was set up with coolers all around. My dad was sitting with Old Quil on his right and Sue on his left. Sue was on a small stump, while Old Quil sat in a folded lawn chair. Kim was beside Jared on a log that had been dragged from the forest, Embry and Quil were sitting on the ground closest to us, and Paul sat on his own stump cooking a hotdog in the flames. Sam was handing a paper plate to Emily from where she sat on the stone ground beside Sue. As we approached, everyone looked up. We seemed to be the last to arrive.

Paul huffed. "About time!"

We finally closed the distance and got to the circle. My dad smiled at me glad to see I was not being dragged to the fire and coming willingly. "Hey, Sweetie. Things go okay at the treaty line?"

I cringed. I didn't exactly know how to explain to my father that my future looked screwed to the Cullens. He was puzzled by my reaction.

Seth answered for me. "Alice saw something... it freaked her out."

Sam's attention was on this fact now. "What?"

Jacob sighed heavily to answer. "Let's not worry about it right now. I'll tell you all later tonight. Let's just try to have fun for her sake." He put an arm around my shoulders, and took Bella's hand in his other. Seth followed behind as we were moved inside the circle to take our seats.

"Hey, vampire girl!" Embry greeted Bella loudly. He was trying to be cordial for Jacob's sake. Quil had jumped up to give her a high five and me a kiss on the cheek.

As the others greeted Bella, I heard Paul say to her, "Sit downwind, Swan. You reek of leech and I'm trying to enjoy my food."

Bella didn't take his insult personally. But she did come sit on the side of the fire beside me which was opposite of Paul.

"I don't think you smell bad," I spoke softly with confusion.

Bella smiled. "It's a wolf and vampire thing. The pack stinks to Edward too."

"Oh," I said. That made sense in a weird twisted way.

As we sat on the stone and sand, Seth and Jacob went to grab us some cold hot dogs and sticks. As they disappeared, I watched the flames in dismay. My thoughts returned to all of those times back in the past when I begged my father to take me with him to one of these. Even as a member of the pack, I still felt like I didn't belong.

Someone suddenly ran towards us, and I looked over in shock. A boy I knew well approached. Collin's hair was short and he was tall like the other members of the pack. His face was similar to a slightly younger Jacob, but he had his dad's eyes which were blue and his skin was a little darker. Behind him followed his best friend who was shorter by a few inches and had slightly messier short hair. They were the youngest members of the pack and the newest.

"Hannah!" Collin exclaimed, coming over to me. I hadn't seen my cousin since Harry's funeral. He had been there to support Seth. He looked my age now. Maybe older. "I heard about everything that happened to you." He plopped down beside me which surprised me. We had never been very close. "Seth also doesn't shut up about you at school."

Brady stood behind him and agreed. "Yeah. But I can see why he is so hung over you despite the imprint thing. You're hot for a sophomore."

I blushed. Seth scowled from across the fire where he was grabbing food. "Shut it, Brady. That's my imprint you're talking to."

"And my cousin," Collin muttered.

I looked him over with bewilderment. I couldn't believe he was only fourteen. He looked so much older and mature. "I... I heard you're a werewolf. Can... can I ask what color your fur is?"

He was surprised. He beamed with thrill at my interest in his other self. "Reddish brown. At least I'm not the shortest wolf of the pack, right Brady?"

Brady scoffed. "Shut up."

I looked at Brady with honest curiosity. "What about you?"

He seemed pleased that I wanted to know. "Almost gray, but there are some hints of brown."

I nodded taking in this info. Bella had been speaking to Emily, but looked back at us. "I don't think I've met you two?"

Collin held his hand out towards Bella. "Collin Littlesea. My mom is Billy's sister, so that makes me the Black kids handsome younger cousin."

"You mean annoying," Brady muttered. He shook Bella's hand next, although he was still standing so Bella had to reach up. "Brady Fuller. I'm Seth's cousin. We've heard lots about you."

Bella was amused. "Wow. So you Quileute kids really are all related."

Collin shrugged. "Some more than others. A lot of us are just related by Taha Aki and our ancestors."

Brady nudged Collin. "Come on. Let's go get some food before Seth and Jacob hog it all."

Collin sighed. "Okay. Sheesh." He squeezed my hand. "Good to see you are feeling better. I haven't seen Seth so worried before. Stay healthy, Hannah."

I smiled only slightly. "Thanks. Good to see you."

They left us then, while Seth and Jacob returned. As they handed Bella and I a stick with hotdogs already on it, I grimaced at the wet meat. I had promised Seth and Jacob I would try to eat one though. The four of us extended our hot dogs into the large flames.

Embry suddenly asked from a few yards away, "So how's vampire prison, Bella?"

Bella smirked. "Not awful. But Edward keeps messing with my truck and stealing my battery so I can't go anywhere."

Sam swallowed his hot dog from where he sat beside Paul. "Seems like he's a bit possessive."

Bella quickly defended him. "No. He's just concerned. He was really nice about letting me come tonight. He didn't put up too much of a fight."

Sue smiled. "Well we're glad you could make it, Bella. I'm sure your presence makes Hannah and Kim not feel so out of place around all these tall guys."

"Speak for yourself..." Kim leaned against Jared. "I have no issues."

Old Quil spoke for the first time. "It is good to hear the Cullens are letting up on their distrust towards us. We honestly could use them as allies right now."

"Hey! None of that talk right now," Emily ordered. "Tribe business is after fun."

For the next hour the group chatted with one another about basic human life. Occasionally werewolf stuff was brought up, but not the main topic. As Jacob and Seth wolfed down their food, I stared at my slightly eaten hotdog on my paper plate. Bella had finished her food and was sipping on a can of sprite listening to everything as well. Jacob was seated on the other side of Bella. They wanted her beside me in case Edward Cullen was watching. They had explained to me he could read minds. That fact explained so much of my confusion when he was in the hospital with me. He seemed to know what I was thinking, and now I knew he really did.

"Are you gonna eat that hot dog?"

Paul's sudden question shocked me. I looked over to see him staring at me. I looked back at the meat on my plate and my stomach churned.

I went to stand to give it to him, but Seth protested. "Don't try and steal her food, Paul! You know she needs it."

Paul huffed. "It's been half an hour since she took a bite. I think she's done."

"I... I'm done," I said. I went to stand again, but Paul was already over to grab it. He took the plate and wolfed down the blackened meat with thrill.

Jacob was concerned. He looked around Bella to meet my gaze with worry. "Nauseous?"

I pulled my knees to my chest and nodded.

Jacob sighed. He stood and grabbed the empty plate from Paul. "You got those crackers somewhere, Emily?"

"Yeah. Bag by the red cooler."

Bella was surprised by what had occurred. She looked at me with sudden concern. "Are you still not eating well?"

I shook my head. "There's just a lot going on," I whispered. "I don't feel like eating most of the time."

She was saddened by this. Jacob came back and handed the crackers to me then. He also gave me a ginger ale. He sat back down in his spot beside Bella. As I ate the only food I was able to consume without discomfort, I stared at the flames again. A flash of gold shot through the fire. I thought back to my hallucination so long ago: a werewolf with gold eyes.

Seth was talking to Collin who had sat on his other side with Brady, but he sensed me going tense. He brushed a thumb against my cheek with concern. "Hey... what's wrong?"

I shook my head. I didn't want him to know how much Edward's words had impacted me. He seemed to want to pry more, but he could see I didn't want to talk about it.

As conversation continued and the night grew darker, I leaned against Seth starting to doze. He put an arm around my shoulders and held me to him to let me know it was okay if I needed to fall asleep.

While Old Quil started to tell of our legends, and everyone went silent as they were enamored, I shut my eyes and started to drift. Old Quil must've finished one story and took a pause, because I heard him say to Jared, "Looks like Hannah and Kim are fading. Why don't you go ahead and take them home with Seth."

Kim yawned. "Sorry... just a long day at work. And we do have school tomorrow."

"Yeah," Quil said. "And Hannah is still recovering... this is probably just too much for her."

I became alert again to see I was not just leaning on Seth anymore but had my head in his lap with Bella's biker jacket thrown over me. Seth helped me sit up in my groggy state. Bella took her jacket back.

"I'll come check on you after I deliver Bella back to Cullen," Jacob promised me.

I was only slightly coherent. It was probably only 10:30 or so, but that was pretty late for me. Seth helped me stand, but only long enough so he could pull me up into his arms. Jared was walking with Kim out of the circle at this point towards the parking lot.

"I'll hang with Hannah until you get back, Jacob."

I shut my eyes starting to drift. I heard my dad's voice in the distance. "Thanks, Seth. We Appreciate it."

Bella asked, "She's still pretty weak, huh?"

Embry muttered, "She isn't eating as much as she should... I think the vampire from the other day just has her stressed again."

I didn't hear what else they said about me. I fell asleep in the warm and protective arms of Seth.

When I woke up that next morning, I found I was in my bed. My pullover had been taken off but I was still in my clothes from the night before. Then I realized that no one had woken me for school. Looking at my digital clock, I saw the time was 10am. Getting out of bed, I made my way into the living room surprised by the lack of concern for my attendance. When I got in the living room, I saw Sam and my dad out on the porch. Walking out to meet them, they looked over at me.

"Hey, sweetie... Good morning."

My brows furrowed as my father spoke with no anger for my lack of punctuality. "No one woke me for school..."

Sam frowned. He glanced at my dad who gave him a nod. He looked back at me with resolve. "Actually, Hannah... we had a talk last night after you left. We think right now the best thing for you is to stay here or at my house. Finals are this week anyway, so we managed to pull some strings and you're being allowed to take your finals and finish your last assignments here. Brady's mom who works for the school will be coming by Thursday and Friday to supervise and give you your tests. Although we know you won't cheat, it was the only way the school would agree. Leah is going to be with you during the day when I can't until your brother and the others get out of class."

I nodded, but was a bit dismayed. I had finally been accepted by the pack at school for a day and now I couldn't even finish my last week with them.

"We also are concerned you're still so physically weak... we don't want you getting sick again so we'd rather you be resting here. Jacob's bringing the rest of your assignments for this week so just try to have them done by your last final."

After I was told about my tighter restrictions, I fell quiet again and sat on the couch with worry. Clearly the vision Alice had yesterday was cause for great concern.

When my brother came home later in the day, I was still on the couch curled up. I had eaten some lunch, although it was only half a thing of toast and some fruit. My dad had brewed me some tea while Sam sat on the recliner in the room watching TV. When my brother arrived, Sam waved goodbye and headed out to go check on Emily.

Jacob stepped over and placed a folder on the coffee table in front of me. "I want you to know that Embry, Quil, and I are totally against this. The council is just concerned other students will get hurt if the vampire decides to attack you at school."

I sighed. "It's okay... it was a rough year anyway. Probably best I just stop it now and start fresh in the fall."

He frowned. He sat beside me and placed a gentle hand on my shoulder. "I hope you realize just how sorry we all are for the hell you went through... I don't want you to ever go through that again."

I looked over at him to meet his warm brown eyes. "I know... I'm trying to let it go... just be patient with me..."

He gave a small smile. "Of course." He squeezed my shoulder and then stood. "I'm going to help dad make some dinner before I head out for my shift. Do you want anything specific?"

I wasn't hungry, but I knew I would need to eat. "Just some toast again. It seems to be okay on my stomach."

He was relieved I was asking for more than just crackers. As he left the room, I picked up the folder with disbelief. I really didn't care about school right now. I was a vampire's target. I didn't have time to think about algebra and the 1920s. I needed to be thinking about my survival against fate.

The remainder of the week I was on edge. Leah was with me most of Tuesday and Wednesday. She tried to get me to do my assignments, but she could tell my stress level was through the roof. She tried to calm me down constantly by hugging me and taking me out for some air in the yard. She informed me that since I was Seth's imprint I was just as important to her as I was to him.

Thursday hit finally. I had finished my assignments, although I was certain my work was horrible. Mrs. Fuller came over Thursday morning to administer my tests while Leah hung out in the living room. I had moved to the kitchen table for this while Mrs. Fuller sat across from me flipping through a magazine. Mrs. Fuller looked a lot like Brady, with black hair that had some hints of brown and gray. She looked like she really didn't mind the werewolf world. When I finished my History and Math final, pretty positive I passed just enough to get a C, I asked her how she was handling everything so well. She smiled kindly and told me that Harry had warned her about the legends and she believed them.

I ended up finishing all of my tests Thursday, and Mrs. Fuller was not surprised. She had already told the others I would only have five finals and wouldn't need Friday.

"Well, I'll get this work and these tests to your teachers." She said. "Get some rest, Hannah. You look exhausted."

And I was. Using my brain had hurt so much, that once my brother and Seth came over after school I was already falling asleep on the sofa beside Leah. They had to wake me up to eat and then shower. I went to bed early that night. I was sleeping in my room again finally feeling comfortable and no longer freaked out because a vampire had been inside of it. Seth chilled beside me looking through a scrapbook I made a few years before. He had yet to discover the thousands of sketch pads and paintings in my garage, or my sketchbook in my desk drawer.

As he flipped the pages, he asked, "So... I was wondering. Would you consider... I mean..." he shut the book and put it on his lap. He looked over at me from where I was on my side staring at him, and I was surprised to see his embarrassment. "Would you go on a date tomorrow after school with me?"

I was astonished. "A date... like boyfriend and girlfriend?"

He let out a heavy breath as he said softly, "it doesn't have to be that... I just thought we could have one evening together that didn't involve the supernatural. My mom gave me some money to take you to the restaurant at the end of town. I know the manager too, so I may be able to weasel us some free desserts."

I was amazed. Then I blushed and pulled the blanket over my mouth to try and hide it. "I... I'd like that." I glanced over at him to see he was delighted.

He brushed his hand through my hair. "So let me ask you this then... Will you be my girlfriend? I know we're about two years apart, and you've only really known me for a few weeks, but I'm mature and-"

"Yes," I interrupted.

He was surprised. He looked at me not sure if I was serious.

I reiterated. "I'll be your girlfriend. I mean... I practically already am the way I cling to you..."

He was elated. He suddenly moved so that he could put his hand on the bed on my other side to steady him. He hovered over me and moved his face down towards my own. "I want you to know, this isn't just the imprint anymore. I do really love you, Hannah."

I lowered the blanket from my face. I felt his warm breath on my skin. I knew I was probably flushed and I felt my heart accelerate. I nodded and whispered, "I... I think I love you too."

He smiled widely. He lowered his lips to my own, and I felt my arms immediately slide around his neck. As our lips connected, my head rushed and I shut my eyes as my heart soared. Our breaths mixed together and his hand which he wasn't using to support himself slid behind my head tangling in my hair. Seth would confess to me later on this was his first kiss, and I would tell him it was my second. He would then explain to me he was aware who my first kiss was and he had already smacked Embry for it.

The door slammed open as Seth went to deepen the kiss. "Hey! I thought I heard hormonal teenagers!" Jacob stomped over. We had pulled away upon his arrival. Jacob grabbed Seth's ear and jerked him off the bed. "Out, lover boy! You're sleeping in the living room!"

Seth rolled his eyes, but he met my gaze as he was forced out. I was lightheaded and elated. I had a boyfriend. And this boyfriend would never hurt me because he was my protector.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

922K 25.7K 30
ใ€Œ๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—”๐—ง๐—˜ใ€โ We all made mistakesโž โ–ช๏ธŽ Synopsis โ–ช๏ธŽ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...
370K 13K 45
ใ€Œ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜ใ€โ I dont understand these human emotions โž โ–ช๏ธŽSynopsis โ–ช๏ธŽ Zahra was oblivious to the world that existed out of the water. As the only off...
15.5K 340 19
Jacob Black x OC fanfiction. What happens to Amelie Swan when she moves back to her childhood town with her older sister Bella, to live with their da...
169K 3.8K 47
Bethany Clearwater is the 2nd child of Harry and Sue Clearwater. She is the older sister to Seth Clearwater and younger sister to Leah Clearwater. Du...