Draco, darling

By smirk_smirk

"What if i lose you?" "Look up. I'll always be in the stars." Draco and Meli had known each other since b... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.

10.

256 9 5
By smirk_smirk

"During the three hours you will spend here, I expect you to organize by order every single potions on this table," said Professor Dossi in a cold and emotionless voice. "You will be carful and try not to break anything. Do you understand me?"

Meli and Draco nodded in unison. The teacher left them alone in utter silence. Meli slowly reached out to the desk in front of them. She would not talk. That's what she told herself before coming here.

She thought he wouldn't want to discuss what happened either but apparently he did.

"Meli I-" he started. The girl turned her head carfuly to meet Draco's eyes.

What he saw there shocked him. Fear. She was bloody scared of him. Not terrified but afraid enough that it appeared in her dark eyes.

"I- I'm sorry I don't know what came over me." Draco said, reaching out to touch her shoulder.

But as he did, Meli flinched, eyes wide open, and moved quickly out of his hand's way, making him tumble on the desk. The potions balanced on their bases and as time stopped for a second, one of the small contenant fell on Meli's bare leg. The girl didn't see it immediately and rushed down to help Draco get up, mortified at the idea of him being hurt.

"Draco are you ok?" she asked frenetically. She tried to touch the back of his head, looking for an injury, but he removed her hand with frustration.

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine. No thanks to you though. Why'd you move away from me?" spit out Draco angrily. Meli was so suprised by his reaction, she couldn't say anything.

His mood changes were exhausting. Was he really angry at her right now? After what he did how could he even think he had a right to act like this?

When he realized she wouldn't answer, Draco stood up and began to make his way to the door. Again. But Meli didn't have time to scream at him to get his stupid arse back here because as soon as he reached the four meters away from her, pain took over her body.

Nobody ever used the Crucio curse on her but she imagined it would feel exactly like she felt at this moment.

Like a snake, the pain gripped every part of her, making her muscles burn and her skin sting. A horrible headache crawled its way into her skull and she felt as if claws were trying to make their way out of her brain. She trashed around on the floor and hit her head hard against a desk's leg but it didn't level out the ache now filling her entire body.

The feeling of being emprisoned in her body was horrible. Her eyes crying out waves of tears, blinding her, was horrible. Her mouth and cheeks hurting from the screams she pushed out was horrible. Everything was horrible.

But then it all stopped. In the moment, she had fell to the ground and was now curled up in a ball, a hand gently stroking her back. Warm tears were still running down her face and her breathing was still harsh but the pain went away a little more each time the hand made another movement.

Meli looked up trembling to see Draco's pale face. A single tear ran down his cheek. If she cries, I cry too, though the boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meli was woken up by the bright light of the sun reflecting on the hospital wing's window. She tried moving but someone stopped her attempt by taking her hand. After a moment, the girl finally got to look around the clinical bed she was in and surprise-surprise, Professor Dumbledore, Professor Dossi, Professor Lupin, Madam Pomfrey, Jane and Draco were all fixing her with attentive eyes.

"Good morning Miss Hiddleston. How are you feeling?" asked Dumbledore with his usual posed voice.

"I'm good. I think. Would someone please tell me why so many people are here and what in the world happened to me?" asked back Meli.

She remembered arguing with Draco, him leaving, the horrendous pain and then nothing.

Pitch black.

"Well, Miss Hiddleston, it appears that during your detention, a particularly dangerous potion affected you. The Miscienture potion" said Professor Dossi.

"The what now?"

"It was originally created to keep unhappy sprouses from running away. The person touched is obligated to stay to a certain distance from the wizard who was the closest to them during their contamination. Depending on how strong the concoction is, the distance can vary between ten meters to having to touch each other constantly. We don't know yet what is your's and Mr. Malfoy's case" explained the potion teacher, not stuttering once.

"So that means that Draco won't get hurt at all?" asked Jane on Meli's side, still holding her friend's hand.

The girl shot at Draco's silent figure a death glare. Her question was answered by Professor Dumbledore shaking his head from right to left.

"Of course not." muttered Meli.

She was so angry at the boy. She was mad at him and couldn't even act on it because they would now have to be together for..."How long is this going to last?"

"I'm afraid it'll take approximately one month before the antidote is ready." said Dumbledore, with in his voice a touch of regret.

"Why did you have this potion at student's reach anyway?" asked Draco.

He hadn't talked this whole time and this was the first thing he said? Meli was furious but managed to keep it inside for now. The group of teachers discussed about the situation for a while with Jane and Draco before leaving. Meli was to tired to listen. Madame Pomfrey gave her a potion for strength and gave to Meli, Jane and Draco the authorization to leave.

The three teens walked in a heavy silence to the common room, Draco next to Meli. When they reached the dorms, Jane made eye contact with Meli. The girl nodded and turned to Draco.

"Leave us alone for a moment." asked Meli.

"No." he said, unaffected.

"Yes. After everything you've done, you're lucky I'm only asking you this." snapped the girl. They stared at one another and Draco ended up giving them a few step. Jane sighted.

"Are you gonna be alright? Do you want me to argue to stay with the two of you in our dorm?"

The decision had been took that Draco would take Jane's bed next to Meli. Nobody was ok with this arrangement but it was the only way. Jane particularly dreaded the idea since she would have to sleep in Draco's bed next to Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

"I'm going to be just fine Jane, don't worry." said Meli, trying to stay calm.

Maybe asking Draco to give them space wasn't such a good idea. She didn't necessarily hurt but she had difficulty getting air in and out of her lungs right now. "If he annoys me too much, I'll just Stupify him."

That wasn't what Jane was talking about and they both knew it. The brunette's eyes quickly slide at the slowly fading red marks on Meli's neck and looked at Draco over her shoulder. Jane hugged Meli and then walked over to the platinum blond. She hugged him too and looked at him right in the eyes.

"Draco, you're my friend and I love you but if you do anything else, I'm gonna Avadakadavra your ass." said the girl very seriously. Draco pulled a little smile and nodded.

Jane seemed satisfied and gave the two others a glance before going to the boy's dormitory. Meli chuckled lightly when she heard Jane slap a guy who made a comment on her presence there. It's only then that the truth hit her. She'll be spending a full month constantly with Draco. She inspired deeply and turned around to face the boy. He didn't open his mouth. If the guy only said he was sorry, Meli could get pass everything he did but not a word slipped through his lips. He just looked at her. Calm.

Meli shook her head and went into the dormitory. He followed immediately after her. Once in the room, Meli took her pijama and directed herself to the bathroom. No way she was changing next to him. But the asshole went after her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" asked Meli with anger.

"We have to stay close Meli. I'm gonna change next to the door so you can go inside." he answered, visibly annoyed.

The girl narrowed her eyes before brusquely going into the bathroom and slapping the door on Draco's face. She took off her clothes,went into the shower and proceeded to turn on the water but after a few seconds, her skin began to burn. She checked the temperature and realized it wasn't the water. She sighted for what seemed to be the hundred time today and stop the jet coming out of the shower head. Her hand grabbed a towel and she rolled it around her. She then slowly opened the door.

Draco was sitting on the floor next to the doorframe, playing with his rings. He looked pensive and for a few seconds, Meli stared at his blond hair.

"Hey."

Draco's head turned to her and he frowned. "What is it?"

"The door is too much. I think you need to come into the bathroom while I shower." she said, doing her best to hide her discomfort.

"Oh yeah, ok."

They both went back in. Draco turned around to face the door, closing his eyes so she could get back behind the curtain. Meli started the water again and washed herself quickly. She'll have to get used to this but for now, she was terribly uncomfortable about being actually naked next to Draco.

She never thought one day it would be so weird to be alone with him. He was one of her best friends for Christ's sake.

As soon as she finished, she took a look outside the shower. Draco was still facing the door. She got out and putted her pijama on.

"It's all good?" asked Draco.

"Yeah, you can use it now." said Meli.

Draco turned to her and shook his head. "Jane said I smelled disgusting yesterday. I took one last night, I'm going to be ok for tonight."

Coward.

"Why am i not surprised?" said Meli with a sarcastic voice. They both smiled and for a second it almost felt like everything was back to normal.

After that, the two teenagers went to bed. Meli curled up in a ball to try to go pass the feeling of inconfort. The two beds were two meters apart. She could do this. She could get through the night like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: ok y'all don't come at me for the shower moment idk what I wrote. I'm not sure about this chapter cause even tho I like everything that happens I feel like I'm rushing it but yeah.

Also the thing about hurting if you're not close enough is inspired by a drarry fanfic on Tumblr wrote by @mfingenius so you should go check it out.
Hope you enjoyed!

Laeti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 2.7K 86
"Y/n, I need to tell you something" Draco says "I like you! And I have for a long time!" She shouts over the rain "I-I-" Is stutter "I know you lik...
5.8K 139 16
The golden trio are hanging out in the library, studying for their finals that were yet to come. It was the year after the war, 8th year to be exact...
328K 5.6K 115
"Y/n, you know I would never hurt you," he took a step forward, but I kept stepping backward. "Yeah I know," I said hesitantly. "Then why are you bac...
80.6K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...