NIGHTINGALE ( draco malfoy! )

By sameezyy

โHOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING WORTH LOSINGโž in which a girl is a... More

NIGHTENGALE
00. prologue
01. borgin and burkes
02. ride back to hogwarts
03. potions
04. restricted section
05. the quidditch match
06. jeremiah's injury
07. a worried professor
08. the cursed necklace
09. you can count on me
10. slughorn's christmas party
11. leaving for the holiday
12. incendio
14. make us proud, malia
15. sectumsempra
16. snape's office
17. broken hearts
18. obliviate
19. last friday night
20. betrayal
21. the astronomy tower
22. everything we never wanted
23. i'll go easy on you
24. the cruciatus curse
25. waking up

13. you make me feel safe

1.9K 108 59
By sameezyy

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

     THAT NIGHT, DRACO MALFOY lay awake, staring up at his ceiling. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't seem to fall asleep. Not after what had happened that night. Trying his best to push the horrible thoughts aside, his mind began to wander off, thinking about the spells he could try that would fix the vanishing cabinet when they returned to Hogwarts after break.

The boy was too caught up in his own thoughts that he hadn't noticed the door to his room cracked slightly open.

"Draco?" A female voice whispered.

Abruptly sitting up, Draco's eyes caught Malia Avery in his gaze, seeing her silhouette standing at his doorway.

"Malia?" Draco asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, it's me."

The boy paused, looking at the clock beside him and noticing the time. "It's late. Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"Trust me, I've tried." Malia felt her heart sink, the color draining from her face as she answered, "I just don't want to be alone right now."

Draco blinked, pausing for a moment before replying, "Well, I haven't gotten much sleep either. Do you want to come in?"

Malia nodded lightly, pushing the door fully open. It was then the girl met with an unexpected wave of cold, causing her to shiver. She almost commented on it, but instead she decided to stay quiet.

As she approached, Draco's gaze stayed glued on her, watching as she quietly moved across the room, taking a seat on his bed.

Being so close to him, Malia could clearly see the boy at his most distressed state. He had dark bags under his bloodshot eyes, not from crying, but due to the lack of sleep.

"You know, normal people would sleep in on Christmas morning," The boy continued.

"Yeah, well..." Malia trailed off, sighing. "Normal people wouldn't burn down an innocent family's home the night before."

"You're still thinking about that?" Draco asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"How couldn't I?" Malia replied. "Every time I try to fall asleep, I see..."

"You see what?"

Malia blinked, "...I see their faces."

Draco leaned forward, placing a hand on her knee, "You can't let it get to you, Malia. There is no way we'll be able to pull this off if we let regret and guilt take over. We have to forget about it. We don't have a choice."

Malia had seen and done things that made her sick to think of, and there would be no escape from them. But, no matter how much she hated it, the boy was right. She couldn't let it get to her, she didn't have a choice.

"You're right." Malia answered.

The two sat in silence for a while, the only sound being the soft ticking of the clock hanging high up on the wall.

Letting out a shivered breath, the cold started to get to Malia, and she hugged her chest tightly.

"Is the cold bothering you?" The boy asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"N-Not really." Malia stuttered.

Draco raised his eyebrow at the girl, not convinced at all.

"I'm a little disappointed. Normally you're a good liar, Malia. " He said quietly, pulling the blankets up for her. "Come over here, it's warmer."

Malia looked at him in the eyes briefly, hesitating for a moment before moving closer to him and positioning herself under the covers. She then moved her body against his and rested her head on his chest.

This was the closest the two had ever been.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Draco finally asked, "Why me?"

"Hm?" Malia hummed.

"Why me?" Draco repeated, this time more clearly. "Like, out of anywhere you could've gone, you chose to come here. Why?"

"I don't know..." Malia answered honestly, looking down at the dark, silky sheets. "I guess it's because you make me feel sort of...safe."

After hearing her reply, Draco stared at her in disbelief, trying to comprehend what she had just told him.

"Draco?" Malia asked, lifting her head whilst he was lost in thought. "Are you okay?"

Draco snapped out of his thoughts and cleared his throat, "Yeah...I'm okay."

Nodding, Malia relaxed and let her head fall back down on his chest.

She could tell Draco was still shocked after what she said. After all, she was shocked, too. But, she had meant it. Of all people, Draco Malfoy was the only one who truly felt her pain. He was the only one who understood. And that made her feel a sense of comfort that nobody else could have given her.

The girl tried her best to keep her eyes open, but it was difficult, she was so comfortable. With the softness of the sheets around her and the warmth of her friend's body against hers, her eyes began to drift closed.

"I think I'm gonna go to sleep," Malia mumbled, nuzzling her head into his neck.

"That's okay, get some sleep." Draco whispered. "I'll be here when you wake up."

That was the last thing Malia heard before shutting her eyes, only to find that the faces she had once seen weren't there anymore. She was to distracted by the boy beside her that she had completely forgotten. Draco's breaths were even and calming, the expression on his face no longer tense, but relaxed.

The only thing Malia Avery remembered before falling asleep was the scent of citrus cologne.

───────────────

Malia Avery woke up with the sound of muttered words and a heartbeat against her ear. She felt two arms strongly held around her torso and someone's breath hitting lightly the top of her head.

She groaned and opened her eyes slowly, only to find Draco Malfoy looking down at her. Malia watched the boy carefully as the pale skin on his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

Draco cleared his throat and whispered, "Erm...did you sleep okay?"

"Yes, I did." Malia answered in a groggy tone, lifting up a bit.

For a few seconds, the girl felt confused, unsure of where she was. Then, it all came back to her. She looked around the room, noticing the sun peaking through the dark curtains, "What time is it?"

Sitting up a bit, Draco checked the clock, "It's six in the morning."

The girl completely lost track of time. It turns out she had slept for a while.

"I should..." Malia trailed, shaking her head whilst snapping herself out of her thoughts. "I should get going. The sun is beginning to rise and my parents are going to wonder where I am."

Nodding, Draco felt the girl pull away from him, but he almost wished she hadn't.

Pulling the sheets off of her, Malia swung her legs off the bed and let her feet meet the cold floor. Slipping on her shoes, she felt somewhat calmer than she had before she arrived.

Walking over to the bedroom door, Malia Avery felt his gaze on her. She then reached for the handle, but just before opening it, she paused and looked back over her shoulder at the boy.

"Merry Christmas, Draco," she whispered.

Draco Malfoy felt his lips curve up into a slight smile, nodding once before replying, "Merry Christmas, Malia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 129 15
ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ ๊œฑแดสŸแด…ษชแด‡ส€๊œฑ ๊œฐส€แดแด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› ๊œฑษชแด…แด‡๊œฑ แด๊œฐ แด€ แดกแด€ส€ สœแด€แด แด‡ แด›แด สœษชแด…แด‡ แด›สœแด‡ษชส€ สŸแดแด แด‡ แดส€ ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ แด€แดแด‡สŸษชแด€ แด˜แดแด›แด›แด‡ส€, แด›สœแด‡ แด„สœแด๊œฑแด‡ษด แดษดแด‡'๊œฑ ๊œฑษช๊œฑแด›แด‡ส€, ๊œฐษชษดแด…๊œฑ สœแด‡ส€๊œฑแด‡สŸ๊œฐ ๊œฐแด€สŸสŸษชษดษข สœแด‡...
139K 1.5K 11
Draco Malfoy and y/n are in love at first sight. You feel an odd connection with him. (18+ has details) SMUTTY โš ๏ธSMUT WARNING โš ๏ธ FINISHED/COMPLETED
1.2M 37.6K 84
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”‘ ๐„๐ƒ๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐๐† โ”•โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”™ โ €ษชษดยทแด‡แด ยทษชยทแด›แด€ยทส™สŸแด‡ โ €/inหˆevidษ™b(ษ™)l/ โ € ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ซ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ โ € : certain to happen; unavoidable. โ € ๐˜ฆ๐˜น. โ € 1...
13.1K 183 46
It was Draco Malfoy. It was the boy whose face always crossed my mind even at the most inconvenient times. Draco x OC (friends-enemies-lovers) Sequel...