02. ride back to hogwarts

CHAPTER TWO

     "ANYTHING FROM THE TROLLEY, DEARS?" A woman loudly called as she walked through the Slytherin compartment with a beaming smile on her face, one that, for some reason, made Malia Avery's blood boil with hatred and annoyance

"ANYTHING FROM THE TROLLEY, DEARS?" A woman loudly called as she walked through the Slytherin compartment with a beaming smile on her face, one that, for some reason, made Malia Avery's blood boil with hatred and annoyance. "Anything from the trolley?"

The brunette groaned, "I swear to god if she says that one more time I'm going to shove a Chocolate Frog right up her-"

From beside her, Jeremiah Prince calmly placed a hand on her shoulder and spoke, "Woah, Malia, take it easy."

"Sorry, I'm just..." Malia trailed off, crossing her arms over her chest. "Never mind."

Pulling her close, Jeremiah warmly wrapped his arm around her.

Sighing, the girl leaned her head on the boys shoulder and took a deep breath. Being with Jeremiah again seemed to help with the stress. As the boy held her, the feeling of discomfort seemed to go away. The brunette boy had that affect on people - especially on Malia.

There was something about Jeremiah Prince that made people around him feel good. It didn't hurt that he was highly intelligent and possibly one of the best looking boys in their class; but it was more than that. He was charming and sweet; enough that you wouldn't expect him to be in Slytherin.

Malia Avery had met the boy shortly after being sorted into the Slytherin house on her first day at Hogwarts. At the time, the only friend she had was Draco Malfoy. But, that day, three more friends came into their lives: Daphne Greengrass, Blaise Zambini, and Jeremiah Prince.

During her third year, Jeremiah had asked Malia if she wanted to be his girlfriend and she said no. This was because she didn't like the idea of being in a relationship. She liked to be by herself, and she liked to be independent.

Then, in her fourth year, Jeremiah asked her to go to the Yule Ball. This time, she agreed, only because Draco was going with Pansy (for some odd reason that no one knew), and Blaise was going with Daphne. She didn't want to go alone, so the two ended up going together as friends.

It was in her fifth year that she started to see Jeremiah differently. He had grown up and his features became more developed. One day, they were studying together in the library and something just clicked between them. The boy then asked her out again, and this time, she said yes.

Malia and Jeremiah have now been in a relationship for over a year, and they were happy. Jeremiah was completely in love, and Malia was, well...she was still in the process of finding how she felt. But, she did care for the boy deeply. He made her happy.

However, over the past month, things seemed to be a little off between them, and it was entirely her fault. Malia had been tense ever since the night at Borgin and Burke's, the night The Dark Lord gave her and Draco the order to kill their headmaster.