Dust Bones [Harry Styles]

By zeffervescent

Working for a world-leading mafia, Harry knows how to kill, how to hunt his victims, and how to avoid any com... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
T R A I L E R
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
000
059
060
061
062
063
064
065/Epilogue
Q&A? Kind of? Idk Man.

041

446K 11.1K 14.1K
By zeffervescent

note: second update ((((: 

The gun on the dresser sparked my interest. It was the one I used last night. I gazed at it in hesitation, but I inhaled and took it with me, slipping it into the back pocket of my jeans, covering over it with the sweater tied around my waist. 

A pair of sunglasses rested on the bridge of my nose. The departure from the motel was quick and with little effort. Inside the car we had taken were two bodies I recognized immediately as Zayn and Liam. Both completely unharmed, both looking focused and prepared. 

It was something to admire about them. They seemed to have it down, they seem to know their place and their position like it was tattooed on their brains.

I sat in the back with Liam, who glanced behind us multiple of times. He was fully aware of every single detail in our surroundings, which made me feel more secured. The use of a public airport was thrown out the window, well practically, as Zayn discussed the plan. 

This time I heard them and tried to over think it. I tried to understand every detail he spoke, and I tried to find its reasoning. We won't be going to a public airport. We'll be flying in a private jet that my father owned, and was controlled by people who work for him.

My eyebrows raised at this. My dad. That's another problem because his existence is questioned. I know him and his sudden disappearance worries me. Yet something about all of this doesn't make sense. I'm afraid I better start questioning nearly everyone. 

"I know Eddie. He's trustworthy, plus he's a weak kid. Under our surveillance, he won't have a chance and he knows it," he told Harry. 

The green-eyed man was not responsive, not to Zayn. He turned his head and demanded to Liam, "Search every single square inch on that plane. In and out before we even think about putting her on this plane." 

Liam nodded, finding it an easy task. He continued to watch for us, and I could see the gun in his pocket and the inked skin across his neck when he turned. Liam was quiet, but he was intelligent, and observant. 

Zayn was stubborn and utterly devoted to his position. He neglects the idea of needing or wanting help. I thought this over as a silence filled the car. All three of them are fully capable of taking down anything or anyone in their way. 

And that makes me question everything a bit more. 

I played with my fingers in my lap, deep in thought. Upon arrival, Liam did as he was told, and after fifteen minutes, we were safe to go on it. I sat in a comfortable seat, distancing myself the trio as they sat and talked. There was no way I could show affection towards Harry. There is a possibility that Liam doesn't know. 

In the seat, I leaned back and closed my eyes for a brief moment. The Eddie kid flying this plane was left unwatched for a couple of minutes before Liam joined him, gun secure in his back pocket if he needed it. Zayn leaned back in his chair, hazel eyes gazing upon me for a few seconds.

I stared back. He sighed and averted his eyes, rubbing his temple. I made sudden contact with Harry, who was already staring me down, obviously having seen the awkward, strange eye contact between Zayn and I. 

Harry clenched his jaw and shook his head, standing up from his previous seat. I thought he was going to walk towards me, but he took a turn. He rubbed the cobra tattoo on his neck and shut a door behind him. The bathroom door, that is. 

I hummed to myself. I thought about that stupid cobra tattoo every man working for my dad seems to have. 

"What does that cobra tattoo even mean?" I asked Zayn suddenly, eyebrows furrowed. 

Zayn gradually turned his head to look at me, emotion lacking in his facial features. "What cobra tattoo? The one Harry has?" 

My jaw tightened, and I frowned deeper. "Yeah. Don't you?" 

He snickered and glanced at his lap. "No. It's just some tattoo Harry has had since he joined." 

I stopped playing with my fingers. My lips parted, eyebrows furrowed as I still questioned things, but I kept them to myself. Zayn noted my silence, and asked, "Why?" His hazel eyes glanced upon me carefully, as if sensing something unnerving. 

I shrugged and closed my lips. "No reason," I sighed. "I just thought you'd know." 

"I thought you'd know since you're his little girlfriend. Surprisingly...no one knows. Maybe your father does," he suggested, grunting as he stood up and stretched. Zayn went through doors that led to Liam and Eddie, leaving me alone to my thoughts. 

Everyone working for my dad has that tattoo, huh, Harry? My hands grasped the fabric of my sweater tightly, the more I thought about his lie, the more I started to over think the things he's said before. I was hurting myself thinking too much about his words. I'm not sure whether I should confront him for it just yet, but I chose to sit back and keep quiet.

He emerged from he bathroom door and  I stilled when he stood in front of me, leaning against the closed door. His arms crossed over his chest, pale green eyes watching my face with barely any emotion. I think he had heard me talking to Zayn. Again, nothing ever goes unnoticed by him.

"Are you nervous?" He asked lowly, chin raised. 

I gazed up at him, trying so hard to pull off a neutral look. "No, not at all. Why?" 

"Just a question, baby," he rasped, lowering his head while his eyes never left mine. My eyes peeked at the cobra tattoo on his neck. It was the same one the man in Brazil had spoken of. He had panicked and let me go just by spotting the drawn art. I wondered what the hell it meant. And why a man miles from us knew about it.

Harry leaned forward to me, my eyes snapping back up to his in astonishment for his sudden short distance. He pressed both of his hands against the seat, face inches away from mine. I swallowed and pretended to be completely unaware of my intimidated feelings. 

His eyebrows furrowed. He seemed to be looking into my mind with those eyes, and it made me more uncomfortable now that I did have something to hide from him. I feel like he could just see it. But I was surprised to feel his lips kissing mine gently. I closed my eyes and kissed back. 

I pulled away then, asking, "Hey uh...do we have a tablet or something I could read on?" 

"Yeah, I believe so. I'll go get it for you. I'm going to be discussing some things with the guys," he explained to me, pressing a peck to my cheek. I forced a smile, trying to hold back the nauseating feeling in my stomach. 

He passed me the tablet a minute later and was gone between the doors, closing them and leaving me on my own. I was sure of what thing; he didn't want to be affectionate towards me around the guys. And that is understandable. 

Of course I wasn't going to read. I was going to try and find what kind of things are associated with the cobra tattoo on Harry's neck. I was on edge the entire time from the Google app to the billions of results that came up. 

Ancient Egypt articles, facts about the cobra, and some tattoo samples, but nothing related to Harry. I didn't know whether I should keep going. There was practically nothing that could hint anything towards Harry and this tattoo. Whatever it was, it wasn't publicized and it was known between people involved in mafias, but apparently no one around me seems to know either. 

I frowned at the bright screen, rubbing my hands over my face. He's had this infamous tattoo since he was so young. Maybe Harry was just known for this tattoo, and I was only making a big deal about it. But he lied to me about it, so he must have been covering something up. 

I deleted the history of my searches and placed the tablet beside me. Maybe I should ask him myself. Nothing good ever comes from trying to defy him in any way, and I've found that I shouldn't have to be afraid to ask him. 

+

The drive to my father's old place was shorter than I remembered. Italy again felt like nothing knew, considering I've been here and last time things didn't end too well. I'm not scared, maybe nervous to bring up that topic with Harry.

We walked through the front like it was no big deal. Harry broke in and expected to see no one inside. There was no one, and he remained calm and unfazed the entire time. I scanned the place, remembering the familiar taste in decor my father had.

"Zayn, you and Liam are going to search every inch of Mr. Gate's office, and find anything and everything to do with Catalina. There's got to be some kind of hint in there," Harry ordered. 

"And if there isn't?" Liam questioned, speaking for the first time I've heard him today. "What do we do if we flew here for no reason?" 

Zayn answered for him with an angry glare. "Then we don't complain about it, and move on. There's gotta be some fucking dirt on here." He gazed at me then. "And you...you should be thinking about what Louis said. I know he's misleading, but that psycho could be right. Even if it's only a fraction of a chance."

I didn't respond to him, I only ignored his advice. There were other things on my mind. Harry stood there with his hand in his hair as the two men marched up the stairs in search for my father's old office. 

"Where do you think my father is?" I asked Harry suddenly, knowing I was stalling from asking him what I've been intending to for hours now. 

He crossed his arms over his chest. "He's not dead, that's for sure." 

I nodded. "It's almost impossible to find out anything. When everyone's keeping secrets. Everyone's almost...two-faced." I know. I know he's protected me from everything so far. He has shown the urge to protect me for months now, but how can I keep off this anxious need to know why he's lied to me as well?

Harry peered up at me, silently examining my face. "I don't want you thinking about it too much," is all he said.

"Maybe the bad guys aren't the only ones keeping secrets, Harry," I added, surprisingly not having that absurd shakiness to my voice. It was more firm, yet quiet.

He clenched his jaw, furrowed his eyebrows, and watched me with narrowed eyes. He didn't like the tone of my voice. 

"Are you implying that I'm keeping secrets from you?" Harry asked, obviously getting peeved off. 

I shrugged. "I didn't say that," I defended. "But it looks like the topic of secrets bothers you."

"Catalina, oh so help me God --- I'm not in the fucking mood for this right now," he snapped. 

My eyes never left his. "You've always kept secrets from me." 

"Where did this come from?" The tone was stern, and he was about to shout at me, but he kept it calm and controlled. 

"Harry, you lied to me about the cobra tattoo on your neck. It's a tattoo you've had for ages now, even before you started working for my dad," I boldly confessed to him. "What's so important about that tattoo that you just can't tell me?" 

He was angry, and there wasn't a point that could prove that wrong. But, he continued stared and announced, "You don't need to know. The reason I lied was to protect you, and because I care about you. If I'm the bad guy here, you're going to find out." 

note: harry...bad guy or good guy? 

q: how long is this story going to be?

a: it's not ending soon. in terms of the plot, it'll most likely be 80 chapters in total. ((: 

thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 3.2K 69
Harry Styles is on his way to becoming the boss of a well-known, deadly Mafia that has existed for centuries, soon Meeting Luna Miller, a highly igno...
89.9K 2K 28
Harry Styles. He's a broken pencil that can't be sharpened. His issues run skin deep, and though he looks like a fun time, he's bound to hurt you. He...
1.1M 36.7K 80
[completed] Harry Styles, a man no stranger to the world of violence and leader of notorious mafia group the King's Den. He was someone who clutched...
153K 4.1K 60
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...