The Stepbrothers And Me

By humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 27

106 9 0
By humyyussuf

"Exactly why are you going on a date with Hunter if you like Charlie? Please explain that to me!" Nick asks while stuffing a slice of pizza in his mouth.
Hunter asked me out on another date,and when I told Millie and Nick when I got home,they both came over.

And now we are sitting on my bed with pizza and a whole bunch of popcorn and sweets so that we can watch a movie after we're done discussing my situation.

"Maybe you should just tell Hunter that it's not going to work out between you guys!" Millie says.

"But what if I eat up my words while I'm talking to him?" I say and open up a chocolate, I only have 5 days to tell Charlie how I feel.

"Just think about it like this,Charlie is the salted caramel ice cream you told me about that you're obsessed with,and Hunter is just a plain vanilla from the local supermarket,so right now you're stuck with the vanilla ice cream, but you really want the salted caramel flavor, and you have to get to the salted caramel before it melts,or you'll be stuck with plain vanilla that you don't even like for the rest of your life!" Both me and Nick burst out laughing at Millie's 'explanation'.

"Okay fine,I will talk to Hunter tomorrow and tell him that I want the salted caramel and not vanilla!" I say confident with myself.

"Great,now can we please watch some, because I'm getting bored!" Nick says while taking the remote for the small TV in my room.

-----------------

I am currently waiting for Hunter to come,I hate going out in winter, it's so cold and you can't even wear your most comfortable pajamas when you go out.

I look at the time and there's still about 20 minutes before Hunter comes to pick me up,maybe I should kill some time with reading, I grab any random book from my shelf and just start reading.

"Stacey!" My mom screams at me and I snap out of the world I was in. "The doorbell has rang for 4 times already!"

I run to the door and ofcourse nearly trip,but thankfully I was able to stable myself with the door,in your face floor,I won one point.

How does the floor have a face?

Shut up.

Hunter looks extremely nervous right now,maybe it's because I didn't hear the doorbell.

"I was actually starting to think that you weren't going to come!" Hunter says with a nervous laugh. "So,shall we go!" Hunter says holding his hand out.

He takes me to a restaurant again, but this time this restaurant isn't expensive like the last one,it has checkered walls and there are 90's posters all over the place,this place is awesome.

After we order our food we just sit there in silence and everything is so awkward,then Hunter clears his throat.

"There's something I have to tell you!" Hunter says seriously, Oh God please don't make Hunter say that he likes me. "I know you like Charlie!" Wait what! I must have looked like a ghost or something because Hunter just rolls his eyes. "Oh come on, even a blind person can see that you're head over heels for Charlie, unless ofcourse that person is Charlie,but trust me when I say this,Charlie is also head over heels,and just like him,you also can not see it,he's just afraid that he'll hurt you!" Hunter says sincerely.

"Since when have you known?" I ask still kinda in shock.

"I have known since I took you out on a date 2 weeks ago, and also the fact that you're wearing the bracelets that Charlie gave you just strengthened the point! But I really do hope we can be friends, even after we go to New York." Hunter says and our food comes.

"I am really sorry Hunter, I didn't mean to hurt you!" I say.

"You didn't, but I would suggest you to go talk to Charlie before Monday, today is already Saturday!" Hunter says.

After that we just eat and have fun like friends, and I feel better now.
I will message Charlie tonight and ask him if we can meet up tomorrow and hopefully I won't chicken out at the end.

Hunter walks with me till my door,and we just stand there,but now there's this friendly silence between us so I don't really mind.

"When will you tell Charlie?" Hunter asks.

"Hopefully tomorrow!" I sigh,I just hope that everything goes fine tomorrow.
After our brief goodbye I go inside and go straight up to my room,change into my comfortable pajamas and then sit with my phone and try to think of what to tell Charlie.

Hi :S

I wait for a few minutes and just when I was about to fall asleep my phone beeps again.

Hey :C
How are you? :C
How was your day with Hunter? :C

I am great,and how are you feeling? :S

I am feeling way better now that I am talking to you! :C

I am pretty sure that I am as red as a tomato right now.

I know that you're blushing Stacey :C

I am not! :S

Hmm,okay,whatever helps you sleep at night :C

Are you doing anything now? :S

Besides talking to you,I am don't absolutely notice! :C
Is anything wrong because you ignored the question when I asked how your date was? :C

Oh God,what am I supposed to say,should I tell him what we talked about.

Stacey! Are you still there? :C

Yeah,still here :S
And our date was good. :S

What's on your mind right now Stacey? :C

Right now? :S

Well yes! :C

Do you maybe want to hang out tomorrow? :S

Yeah,where? :C

How about at the rosalie park at 12? :S

That sounds awesome! :C

Great, so I will see you tomorrow! :S

Bye Stacey! :C

Bye Charlie! :S

-------------

I look at the time and start panicking, Charlie is 10 minutes late,what if he decided not to come,this lady walks by with a child and she just  gives me this weird look.

After about 5 minutes of pacing like an idiot I see Charlie running towards me,oh no,what if this was a really bad mistake,if I run away now,maybe he won't notice or something.

Stop being such a stupid idiot and tell him how he feels before it's too late.

I take a deep breath and calm myself down just as Charlie gets to me.

"I am so sorry Stacey, I couldn't find my pump at home so I had to get my spare from anyone at home and the only one who was at home was Hunter and he didn't know where he put it so we were busy looking, I am so so sorry for making you wait!" Charlie rambles in one breath.

"Charlie it's fine really, besides I just got here about 5 minutes ago!" Charlie just gives me this look like he knows that I am lying.

We walk around talking about random stuff,anything that pops up in our heads and just talk and we laugh like maniacs, then we race to the swings and I win so Charlie pushes me,after a few rounds of running and chasing each other we sit at the top of the monkey bars and none of us say anything to break the comfortable silence, everything feels perfect with Charlie here.

"Are you going to tell me what is it that you wanted to tell me since yesterday night!" Charlie smirks,my face must have been showing no other emotion besides shock,Charlie just rolls his eyes. "Ohh come on, it ain't that hard to know when you're hiding something, especially from me!" Charlie says with his award winning smile.

"Fine then, you win,there is something I want to talk to you about!" I say nervously.

"Stacey is there something wrong?" Charlie asks worried.

"I'm fine,but it's just complicated, not with me but with my emotions!" Charlie looks extremely confused right now. "Me and Hunter will not be together!" I say without looking at Charlie. "I like someone else!" I am pretty sure my face is the deepest shade of red you can ever get.

"Are you going to tell me who it is! Is it Nick?" Charlie asks cheerfully.

"No it's not Nick!" I say still looking at the ground.
All of a sudden Charlie lifts my chin so I'm looking at him and not the ground.

"I won't judge you Stacey, I promise!" Charlie says sincerely.

"The person I love is you Charlie!" The moment I realise what I just said I go as a ghost,when I look at Charlie he is just as equally pale as me.
All of a sudden he just gets down from the monkey bars and starts walking away,it takes me a second to realise what happened and then I jump from the bars and jog to him.
I call Charlie over and over and over and when finally does turn around his face has nothing except rage and some other emotions that I have never seen on Charlie before.

"Stay away from me Stacey!" Charlie growls and he walks away.

I am left standing there alone and tears are running down my face,I don't even think before acting I just run,and let the air hit my face,I only stop when I realize that I have no idea where I am,I take out my phone and thank God it still has battery,I message Millie the street name and ask her to come pick me up.

The moment keeps replaying over and over and over in my head. By the time Millie comes it's already starting to get dark.

"What the hell Stacey, this is the middle of nowhere, how on earth did you get here!" Millie yells when I get inside. "And you're freezing!" Millie gives me her jacket and blasts the hot air.

When we get to my house I just get out of the car and walk inside without saying anything else,I can hear Millie's footsteps behind me and I just ignore them. Thank God my parents weren't in the living room when I entered, I don't think I will be able to hold my emotions in if they start asking me questions.

I get to my room,grab a pair of really warm pyjamas and head to the bathroom, when I come out Millie has prepared blankets and high school musical is playing and there's a 2 tubs of salted caramel ice cream and 2 spoons,that's when I burst into tears and Millie starts asking me what's wrong afraid that maybe she did some wrong,so I tell her what happened.

"That son of a bitch,he played with your emotions, he should just die!" Millie's words make me smile and we decide to just watch the movie while eating the ice cream.

In the middle of the movie my phone starts ringing and before I can grab it Millie snatches it away.

"What do you want Hunter?" Hunter called,maybe he knows about what happens in the park. "No she didn't want to talk to any of you right now!" Millie says angrier.

After a few cursing here and there Millie gives me the phone and says that he said it's really important.

"Stacey are you there?" Hunter sounds worried and scared.

"Yah I'm here,is everything okay Hunter?" My voice comes out more confident than I actually thought.

"There's been an accident, it's Charlie-" The phone drops out of my hand and I don't process anything that happens after that except for me changing my pyjamas and when I get outside Millie is already in her car.
I don't say anything and Millie doesn't ask me anything neither, I'm guessing Hunter told her the name of the host because she knows where she's going.

When we get to the hospital Millie tells the nurse that we are here to see Charlie Collins and they argue for a bit because apparently check is in critical condition to see anyone and just before the nurse can call security on us Hunter comes and tells the nurse something and she lets us go through.

Hunter's eyes are read and puffy and he looks drained, when we get to the waiting area from the emergency rooms I see Mr. and Mrs. Collins sitting and they are both crying silently, Mrs. Collins has her head in Mr. Collins shoulder and he is trying to calm her down,I'm glad that they don't notice me coming.

After what feels like an eternity of waiting a doctor walks through the doors and he glances around, he clears his throat, I am pretty sure my heart has stopped beating.

"Mr and Mrs. Collins! We have some sad news unfortunately!"

              ××××××××××××××××××××

Please don't forget to vote and comment and hopefully try not to kill me.

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 87.6K 55
17 year old, Elena Hawkins thought she was going to be done with boys forever. What Nate Thompson did to her in the fifth grade was unacceptable. She...
98.8K 2.3K 34
Savannah Maxwell is the most popular girl in school but she's not your typical 'popular girl'; she's nice to literally everyone, caring, funny, tries...
263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
335 2 21
Evelyn was the shy girl in high school. She only had a few friends. She fell in love with the schools popular boy, who was also a jerk, but that didn...