When Shadows Intertwine with...

By buddy025

It seemed to be another ordinary day at U.A. But then Mr. Aizawa gave an announcement to the class saying tha... More

Ch 1: The New Girl
Ch 2: A Girl & Her Shadow
Ch 3: Lunch Date
Ch 4: A Strange Feeling
Ch 5: Starting Over
Ch 6: Costume Design
Ch 7: Getting Advice
Ch 9: Surprise Me
Ch 10: Another Bumpy Encounter
Ch 11: Pairings
Ch 12: Training
Ch 13: The Next Match Has Been Made
Ch 14: Suppressing a Dark Power
Ch 15: Don't Provoke Me
Ch 16: Help This Bird Fly
Ch 17: A Little Shove
Ch 18: Requests
Ch 19: Distances & Apologies
Ch 20: Lost In The Song
Ch 21: A Rager?!
Ch 22: Meeting The Group
Ch 23: The Mall
Ch 24: Shopping
Ch 25: Old Friends, Old Enemies
😋Authors Note😋
Ch 26: Stand Your Ground
Ch 27: Party Time
Ch 28: Drunken Mistakes
Ch 29: Awkward
Ch 30: It's a Long Story
One-Shot: Happy Birthday
Ch 31: A Moment Of Weakness
❤️Authors Note🖤
💜Authors Note, again🖤
Ch 32: To Be? Or Not To Be?
One-Shot: Monthly
Ch 33: Are They Together Now?
💗Authors Note💚
One-Shot: ☁️Nightmares☁️
Ch 34: Take Things Slow
Ch 35: Swift Shadows
One-Shot: ☁️Comfort☁️
Ch 36: An Accident
Ch 37: Stalking
Ch 38: My Darling
One-Shot: 🍋A Good Workout🍋
Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder
Ch 40: First Date
❤️Authors Note🧡
Ch 41: Almost Caught
Ch 42: A Big Question & A Big Answer
Help our gofund.me!

Ch 8: Beauty in the Shadows

371 12 8
By buddy025

Setting: Classroom
N: Aika was sitting on top of a desk in the front row and continued to make animals out of her shadows. She watched them all run and fly around the room. She looked down beside her to see Echo-Shade sleeping on the desk. She showed a little smile and pet his head. She looked up at the animals running and flying around above her then her smile went away. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes, and thought about her dream, and the voice of the person who told her to run.

"Aika, run. Go Aika! Run! I promise I'll be right behind you! Go, run!"

N: She opened her eyes and looked up to see a phoenix circling above her. She looked around the room to see all her shadows still roaming around the room. She brought her knee up on the desk so she can rest her arm on it. She had a sad look on her face, then her hands started to ball into fists. She let out a low growl and slammed her fist on the desk, but as she did she woke up Echo-Shade and startled some of the shadows.

Echo-Shade: "What is it?" He asked with a worried look.

Aika: "How?"

N: Echo-Shade tilted his head in confusion and Aika's fists started to shake.

Aika: "How did I lose something so easily?" She asked as she gritted her teeth.

N: Echo-Shade looked at her hand to see it still shaking. He put his hand over her's and she released her grip and took a deep breath and let it out.

Echo-Shade: "You need to stop blaming yourself, what happened, happened, and you can't change it. No one can." He told her as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

Aika: "I know. It's just hard...it's hard to let something like that go." She told him as her eyes started to water.

N: He knew she was trying to hold back her tears, seeing her like that just made him feel upset. He didn't know what to say, or how to comfort her so he tried to get her mind off it.

Echo-Shade: "Cheer up. Hmmm, hold on." He went behind the stand where Mr. Aizawa gives his announcements.

Aika: "Echo-Shade?" She asked with a confused look.

N: He was there for a few moments then he popped up from behind it with a shadow rabbit in his mouth. The rabbit wasn't hurt, but it's little legs and feet were squirming back and forth. Aika felt a little cold sweat drop by her head and she felt even more confused by his gesture. But seeing the rabbits little feet and legs move like that made her laugh and smile.

Aika: "Ok, ok. That's a little funny and cute, now will you please put the rabbit down." She told him as she stood up from the desk.

Echo-Shade: *muffled* "Are you feeling better though?" He asked her with the rabbit still in his mouth.

N: Aika rose a brow and smiled and let out a chuckle.

Aika: "Rabbit genius." She said as she pointed to her mouth.

N: He looked down and spit the rabbit out and they watched it run around in the air.

Echo-Shade: "Sorry, I said are you feeling better?"

Aika: "Yeah, thanks Echo. But you might wanna come up with a better idea for cheering me up, one that doesn't involve you having an animal in your mouth." She said while crossing her arms with a smile.

N: He let out a nervous chuckle, Aika let out a sigh and showed a smile and uncrossed her arms. She knew that Echo-Shade was trying to cheer her up so she walked towards him and gave him a pat on the head. She went back to the desk and leaned against it and watched the shadows run and fly around the room.

{Meanwhile, with the guy's}
N: The guy's were almost to the classroom, they were all chatting amongst themselves but Tokoyami was still thinking about how he would talk to Aika. But he wasn't sure how he would start a conversation between them.

[Tokoyami's POV]
Do we even have anything in common? So far all I know about her is her quirk, and that she likes apples, but that wouldn't really count as having something in common. If I'm going to figure out what this feeling is I'm gonna have to try spending time with her. Looks like their right, I am going to have to talk to her, no matter how nervous I am.

N: Tokoyami let out a sigh and still had a worried look on his face.

Iida: "Okay, now when we get into class we should all head to our seats and wait for Mr. Aizawa to give us further instructions." He told them as he pushed his glasses to his face.

Kaminari: "Okay Iida we get it. You don't need to tell us we're not even near the classroom yet." He said in a annoyed tone.

Iida: "It's good to receive early information."

Kirishima: "That's not the kind of information people want to hear man." He said with a nervous smile.

N: As they were just around the corner Aika continued to make her little shadow creatures, but with a smile on her face. She made little butterflies out of the palm of her hand and watched them flutter about around her. But Echo-Shade gathered them up and had them trapped in his hands.

Aika: "Echo, what are you doing?" She asked with a worried tone.

Echo-Shade: "Giving you a little sparkle." He said with a smile.

N: He took the butterflies and placed them in her hair as if they were for decoration. The butterflies rested in her hair as if they were really fake ones that girls use to decorate their hair. She made a compact mirror to see how she looked, and to her surprise she looked pretty. She smiled and thought her new look was cute.

Aika: "Wow, thanks Echo. It looks really nice." She said as she touched the butterflies.

Echo-Shade: "No problem. You should leave them in your hair, you actually look like a girl." He said with a smile.

Aika: "What?" She asked him with a glare.

Echo-Shade: "What?" He asked with a nervous look.

N: She let out a sigh and made the mirror vanish then gave Echo-Shade another glare.

Aika: "Okay, say that again and I'll beat the darkness out of you." She said with a devilish smile.

N: Echo-Shade made a loud gulp and laughed nervously. But he knew she wasn't joking, she crossed her leg in front of the other and watched her little shadow birds fly around her. Echo-Shade gave her pat on the shoulder and went away. The birds continued to fly around her and she let out a chuckle and let one of them rest on her finger. The guy's were down the hall and getting closer. Iida opened the door and they all saw the shadows around the room. The guy's were in complete shock and confusion, but when the door opened fully the guy's all saw Aika against the desk surrounded by birds and with one on her finger. Tokoyami couldn't believe what he saw, seeing her with those birds flying around her and the one on her finger, with the butterflies in her hair made him blush and his heart race.

Iida: "What is going on in here?!" He yelled.

N: Aika jolted up and looked in there direction and stood up strait so fast it scared the birds around her. They flew past her very fast that they caused a little breeze and it made strands of her hair blow sideways. Tokoyami's heart was racing and his blush deepened by the sight. Aika gave them a glare and it made them all shutter. She put her hands in front of her and a dark glowing sphere appeared, it continued to grow then she threw the sphere up in the air and it burst. When it did a large ring went around the room and it caused the shadows to vanish, all except for the butterflies in her hair.

Kaminari: "Woah, what the heck was that?! And what were those things?!" He asked as his eyes widened.

Aika: "None of your concern." She said with a glare.

N: The guy's were quite, Aika turned around and walked to her desk. The guy's were hesitant to come in the classroom, they all looked around the room and behind the desks to check if there were any animals left. Aika put in her headphones and looked down with her arms crossed. The guy's were looking at each other then looked back to Aika. She didn't pick her head up, then Iida walked to her desk.

Iida: "Amari! Just what exactly were those animals doing in our classroom?! And how did they get into the school?!" He demanded as he chopped the air.

N: She kept her head down and stayed quiet. Iida grew more frustrated, and the guy's felt more confused.

Iida: "Hello? Amari, are listening?" He asked with a angry look.

N: She looked up at him with an angry fire in her eyes. It made Iida shiver and take a few steps back. She stood up from her desk and leaned a little over it.

Aika: "First of all, don't raise your voice like that to me. Second, those animals weren't real. And I didn't let them in, I made them." She said with a glare.

Deku: "W-w-what do you mean you made them?" He stuttered.

N: She turned her head in his direction, and it made him jump a little. And His legs started to shake.

Aika: "I told you all yesterday, I can make anything out of shadows. Those animals were just shadows."

Kaminari: "So those..things, were shadows?" He asked taking a step forward.

N: Aika looked at Kaminari and he took a step back. She let out a sigh and walked in front of her desk and leaned against it.

Aika: "Yes, they were all just shadows. I was waiting for class to start and I got bored, so I made the shadows into animals." She explained to them.

N: They all understood what she was saying.

Kirishima: "Gotta say, they looked pretty real. But they also looked kinda creepy, I mean they all were black with glowing red eyes." He said putting his hand on his waist.

Aika: "When I make something out of my shadows they only appear black with red eyes or sometimes just black. But they can also just be red with black streaks or symbols on them."

Todoroki: "Symbols?"

Aika: "Yes, but sometimes you can't really see the symbols so not that many people notice them. I call them shadow symbols, I can place them on anyone or anything and either control their shadow or place a shadow attack on them from a distance." She explained as she crossed her arms.

Kirishima: "Woah seriously? That's awesome." He said making a fist with a smile.

Iida: "Interesting information about your techniques. Can I ask, are those butterflies in your hair shadows as well?" He asked as pointed to her hair.

N: The guy's except for Tokoyami didn't notice the butterflies until Iida pointed them out. They all looked at her, Aika forgot she still had them in her hair she looked to the side and nodded her head yes.

Deku: "Wow they look so real." He said with a smile.

Aika: "Thanks, but I think I'm just gonna make them vanish. I don't need them in my hair." She said heading back to her seat.

N: The guy's all went to there seats and waited for class to start. But Tokoyami didn't sit down he just stood by Aika's desk. He grabbed a butterfly from her hair and looked at it closely. Aika looked up at him with a surprised look.

Aika: "Oh, Tokoyami." She said nervously as he looked at the butterfly.

N: He looked down at her and showed a little smile.

Tokoyami: "These are nice. Is it alright if I help you remove them?" He asked.

N: Aika started to blush a little then she gave him a nod. Aika took out the butterflies she could feel first and Tokoyami took out the other ones. They placed them on her desk and she brushed her hair with her hands to make sure no hair was standing up or out of place.

Tokoyami: "There." He said placing the last one on the desk.

Aika: "Thank you." She said with a smile.

N: He nodded his head and grabbed one of the butterflies. He looked at it then looked at Aika. She looked at him with confusion and concern because she thought something was wrong.

Aika: "What?" She asked.

Tokoyami: "I think it would be a shame if you let all of them go to waste." He said looking back at the butterfly.

Aika: "What do you mean?" She asked raising a brow.

N: Tokoyami looked back at her then leaned in a little closer. Aika's face turned a bright red, and her eyes widened a bit.

Tokoyami: "May I?" He asked looking her in the eyes.

N: She didn't say anything she just looked down as her face was a bright red. He pushed her hair back behind her ear and placed the butterfly on the strand of her hair to keep it in place. Feeling his hand run through her hair like that made a chill go down her back and caused her face to heat up. When he was done he looked at her and smiled.

Tokoyami: "Hmm."

N: Aika looked up at him to see him smiling, that made her blush a little more.

Aika: "What?" She asked.

Tokoyami: "Nothing. I just think you look lovely with the butterfly in your hair." He said with a little smile.

N: Aika's eyes widened with shock and she blushed more. She stared into his eyes and began to lose focus of everything else. It seemed as though she was in a trance, one that she was fine with.

Aika: "Oh, thank you." She said looking to the side.

Tokoyami: "Your welcome. Also, it's good to see you in uniform. I don't think anyone will talk about you rudely today." He said crossing his arms.

Aika: "True."

N: Aika grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly under her desk. She was blushing madly but to the point where it was almost visible to Tokoyami. She didn't want to look at him she was worried he would notice her blushing. He just stood there with his arms crossed and admired the way she looked. Then he regained focus and pulled his seat out and sat down facing forward. Aika waved her hand over the butterflies and they vanished, but she left the one in her hair. She looked down and smiled and looked up at Tokoyami and pushed her hair behind her other ear.

Aika: 'He's so...charming.' She thought to herself. 'Wait, what am I thinking? Snap out of it, it's nothing special.' She thought as she shook her head. 'But he is very nice, and he seems like a decent person to be friends with.' She closed her eyes, and crossed her arms and smiled and put her headphones in and listened to her music.
(Sry another long one. Hope u liked this chapter sry it took me so long to update but I'm trying my best to get it done.🙂)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53 2 8
Quote: "Ok, do you know sign language? If so you can use that." Present Mic one of the most famous heroes had asked the girl. The girl he found by he...
2.9K 30 57
Two, new 'students' have entered U.A. for a semester, scerets will be revealed, some new ones may start rising. New adventures will appear for the fa...
185K 8K 90
"It scares me", he whispered. "What does?", her eyes searched his face. "That you chose to love me out of everyone in this world", he breathed, his e...
2.2K 82 28
WARNING: Smut (alittle bit) THIS IS A REWRITE! (this was originally the first book I wrote too) Female reader is Lily (aka Y/n) Lily wants to become...