Possessed - Bucky Barnes x OC

By dyspneagrime

Dark!James 'Bucky' Barnes/OC AU ~~~ Margaret Everlee is a terribly timid little thing. Living her life as a s... More

Introduction
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Epilogue

Part 66

207K 3K 9K
By dyspneagrime

A/N: Light little chapter here. Nothing major going on, just some light fluff before we move on to bigger things.

~

Maggie was leaned over the sink of the bathroom, meticulously drawing on her eyeliner. Sucking on her lip while she tried so hard to keep her swipe of black as clean as she could. Her steady artist's hand helping tremendously in her efforts.

Once she was satisfied with her work, she found her favorite nude gloss and ran it over her pouty lips. Stepping back in the mirror, she gave herself a once-over. Running her hands down the sides of her dress. She brushed down the champagne satin fabric, adjusting the thin straps on her shoulders.

She found her purse she had tossed onto the bed. A crystal covered Yves Saint Laurent clutch. Accenting the diamonds that were delicately placed on her neck, ears, wrist, and now— her left hand ring finger.

Trekking through the house, she walked down to the kitchen. Planning to give James a call to see if he was headed home soon.

He had been working a long day at the office, one of his painful eight in the morning to eight at night shifts he so often put himself through. Twelve hours hunched over his desk. Taking about a thousand calls and shaking about a thousand more hands. Not feeling the warmth of the sun on his skin once.

Maggie wasn't fond of those kinds of days, but she knew he thrived on that kind of thing. Working himself down to the bone and walking out of his building, being reminded again of everything his ruthless ethic got him.

She held the phone between her shoulder and cheek as it rang. Popping open her bag to make sure she had everything she needed.

"Hey, doll." He answered after a few rings.

"Hey, are you headed home soon? Nat and Steve are gonna be pissed if we're late."

James chuckled through the line, shaking his head. "Steve is here with me, sweetheart. So, if I'm late— he's late too."

She rolled her eyes, glad he couldn't see through the phone. "Okay, well when are you leaving?"

"Almost done. Fifteen minutes tops."

"Should I get a cab and pick up Nat on the way then? You can just meet us at the bar, so you don't have to rush."

James grinned to himself. "Yeah, you can pick her up on the way, but I don't think you'll need a cab."

Maggie frowned, grabbing the phone in her hand and adjusting it against her ear. "Why not?"

"I think you might want to pay the garage a visit before you leave."

She could literally hear his smirk through the phone. The devilish one he wore so often, whenever he was being a smart ass or spoiling her— both of which seemed to be present at the moment. "Um, okay." She said apprehensively. "Do you want me to take one of your cars then?"

"Just go to the goddamn garage, sweetheart." He demanded. "And stay on the line."

Maggie sighed, spinning on the ball of her sparkly Jimmy Choo pump. "Fine." She muttered, clicking through the living room and down the hall to the elevator. Punching the bottom button for the garage, she leaned up against the wall, feeling the low rumble of the lift starting to descend.

"Well, how was your day?" James cooed, voice laced with arrogance. Leaning back in his chair behind his desk. Feeling smug as ever, eagerly waiting for the reaction he was about to get.

"It was fine." Maggie sighed. "Just busy passing off my duties for our trip."

"Did everything go smoothly?"

"Yeah, I have Kate taking on the majority of the work and I know she'll do a good job."

"Excellent." James smiled in relief. Always feeling slightly protective when it came to how her business was running. Financially inclined mindset mixing with his almost paternal view towards Maggie.

He could hear the bright ding of the elevator hitting its destination through the call. Making his smile grow that much wider.

Maggie stepped out, walking through the bright white space. Clean walls and tiled floors, reflecting the usual usual line up of all black sports cars. Millions of dollars laid out before her like it was nothing.

"James, I don't know what you're on about but—" Her words cut short, jaw dropping when she saw exactly what he was on about.

A shiny Porsche 911 sat patiently waiting for her. A soft cream color with subtly tasteful shimmer in the paint. Flawlessly detailed, practically sparkling under the fluorescent lights.

"Doll? Did you find it?"

She nodded, so blown away she forgot he couldn't see her.

"Margaret?" He tried again.

"Y— yes, I'm here." She shook her head, trying to clear the shocked haze from her brain. "What is this?"

James chuckled. "It's a car." He teased dryly.

Snapping out of her initial shock, she rolled her eyes laughing. "Yeah, no shit, smart ass."

"It's a gift."

"For me?"

"Yeah, no shit, smart ass." He retorted, using her words against her.

Maggie couldn't even process his joke with how astounded she was. She moved closer to the vehicle, rounding it slowly. Taking in every last detail. It was perfect. Petite and chic. Exactly what she would need for zipping around the city.

"James..." she breezed, blinking away tears, "I don't think I can accept this."

"Yes you can." He argued. "I absolutely will not let out pass this off."

She smiled, sniffling away the moisture from her nose. "Well, I wish you were here so I could kiss you. I don't even think a 'thank you' is enough."

"Oh, I can think of more than a few ways you can thank me." He teased, words soaking with sexual intent.

"Believe me, I'll do anything you want after this." She giggled, biting her lip. Feeling disgustingly spoiled and loving it a bit more than she should.

James let out a satisfied grunt, giving a thumbs up to Steve sitting across from him. Earning himself a dramatic eye roll. "I'm holding you to that." He licked his lips at the thought. "Well, you go pick up Nat in your car and Steve and I will meet the two of you there once we're done, okay?"

"Yes, sir." Maggie said, keeping her tone obscenely seductive.

"I can't wait to hear you whining that later while you're underneath me." He muttered with an arched brow.

"Come on, pal. I'm right here." Steve smacked him. "Keep it clean."

Maggie could hear Steve's muffled comment through the phone, completely beside herself at his indignant reaction. "Okay, I'll let you two get back to work. I'll see you in a bit. Love you."

"Love you too. Drive safe."

"Will do." She confirmed, grabbing the keys off the hood of the car and ending the call.

When she pulled the door open, it smelt like nothing, but that divine new car scent. The interior was all cream to match the exterior. Custom Hermes leather upholstery. Buttons and switches glowing, waiting to be played with. About a hundred different features she figured she'd have to ask James to explain to her.

She slipped inside, running her hands over the steering wheel. Admiring the Porsche crest sitting dead center, glinting under the cabin lights.

Shoving the key into the ignition on the left side and twisting it, the engine roared to life. She wiggled in her seat, feeling positively giddy to drive her new car. After adjusting her seat and mirrors, she found a handy garage remote on the key ring. Along with a little rose gold tag that had an engraved 'Doll', carved out in neat cursive lettering.

The garage door slid open and she started to roll out into the side alleyway of the home.

With a huge grin pressed over her face, Maggie wove through the city streets. Loving the sheer amount of speed she was allowed. The traffic was light, giving her plenty of wiggle room to flex the car's abilities.

Bright lights whipped past her. Sparkling from the buildings above on the deep navy canvas the sky had become.

When she pulled up to the tall skyscraper she shot a quick text to Natasha, then sat back in her seat, waiting for her to come down.

Fidgeting with the center console, she figured out how to connect the bluetooth to her phone and found the seat heater button. There was even a control to change the color of the interior lights.

A loud ring came over the speakers from her phone, making her jump in her seat. Pressing a finger to the glowing green button on the screen, the call was answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey bitch, where are you?"

"I'm right out front. I can literally see you, Nat." Maggie laughed.

She watched Natasha whip her head around in confusion. "Mags, there aren't any cabs waiting."

"Check out the Porsche." She corrected with a prideful air.

Natasha slowly spun back around, jaw dropping agape when she saw Maggie sitting perched in the drivers seat. "You're kidding."

Shoving her phone into her purse, she hustled over to the car. Ripping the side door open, screaming. "What the fuck? When did this happen?" She shouted, hopping into the seat.

Maggie laughed. "Literally just now. James had it just sitting in our garage, waiting for me."

"God, you're spoiled." Natasha shook her head, pulling the seatbelt over her torso. "It's so beautiful."

"I love it so much." Maggie cooed, leaning forward to hug the steering wheel.

After they took a moment to absorb the extravagant gift, Maggie started the car back up and took off towards the bar.

"So, what time do you guys leave tomorrow?"

"Midday. It'll be a long flight though." Maggie grumbled, keeping her eyes on the road. "I'm really excited though."

Natasha hummed to herself. "I'm sure you are... Think he'll propose?"

Biting her lip, Maggie subtly shifted her ring donning left hand so it was further on the other side of the wheel. Something she had managed to conceal since Natasha got in the car. "I don't know, maybe." She quickly replied, voice sounding a smidge higher pitched than she wanted.

Her eyes narrowed, turning to look at her. Knowing her friend well enough to instantly pick up on the tone of her voice shifting. "Why are you being weird?"

"I'm not."

"Yes you are." Natasha argued, arching a skeptical brow. "Tell me, Mags."

She cringed, twisting her face into a frown. Keeping her right hand on the wheel, she crossed the left over her body to extend it to Natasha. "Don't freak out."

Her eyes bugged, locked in on the diamonds hugging her finger. "No fucking way. No fucking way. You're engaged?!"

Maggie snickered, nodding her head.

"And you didn't tell me yet?!"

"It just happened yesterday, Nat."

She grabbed ahold of her hand, looking the ring over. "This is beautiful, Mags. I mean honestly, it's perfect for you." Releasing her hold, she sat back in her seat taking a breath. "How do you feel about it?"

"I'm over the moon." Maggie admitted. "It was so simple and sweet. He made me a breakfast picnic in the living room and after we ate, he popped the question."

"Sounds like you guys." She smiled. "So, what's the point of Italy then?"

"I asked the same thing. It turns out he was going to propose while we were there, but he still wants to go just to have a vacation."

"Still sounds nice." Natasha nodded.

Maggie pulled up to the bar, parallel parking against the curb. They stepped out into the night, dressed to nines. The air was lukewarm with the summer soon approaching. Sounds of honking and sirens and the occasional boisterous pedestrian bounced off the towering buildings surrounding the street.

Walking into the bar, it was fairly quiet, as Monday nights seldom brought in much of a crowd. It was the exact place they got drinks the first time they all hung out together. The night James drove Maggie home for the first time— which seemed like a lifetime ago.

Heading straight to the bar top for a cocktail. Natasha ordered a neat tequila, while Maggie ordered a white wine. Resting their elbows on the edge while they waited.

Maggie checked her phone, to see that James had sent her a text ten minutes before letting her know they were on their way over. Figuring they'd be walking in any minute, they ordered both James and Steve a neat scotch.

After the bartender slid their glasses across the stained wood counter, they spun to find a booth in the corner of the room. Scooting into the rounded leather across from each other. Maggie took a long sip of her wine, thankful the glass of chilled alcohol would soothe away her stressful day.

She took in the room, people-watching for a moment before her attention was caught by the hulking tattooed devil waltzing in like he owned the place. His head swiveled around the space, before locking in on her. A small smirk grew across his lips as he stalked towards her.

Maggie hopped up from her seat, rushing over to him. He scooped her up in his arms as she hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much." She whispered into his ear.

"Anything for you, doll." He murmured sweetly with his deep, raspy voice. Setting her back down to her feet, he tugged her into a meaningful kiss. Devouring her lips with his.

She beamed up at him as he pulled back, swiping a bit of her lipgloss off that had transferred onto him.

"You look beautiful tonight."

"Thanks, handsome." She breezed, looking over his usual all black garb. A Tom Ford suit, she thought, if her memory served her well. His eyes looked a bit tired, but she figured he would be after his twelve hour day. "How was work?"

He shrugged. "Fine, but I could use a stiff drink."

"Already got you one." She tucked her arm around his, leading him back to the table. Finding Steve already taking his seat beside Natasha and giving her a sloppy kiss on his way down.

They all cozied up in the booth, much like the last time they were there, but this time— Maggie and James had zero space between them. He took a swill of his amber liquid, swallowing down the burning spirit and sighing contentedly to himself.

"Can I tell him?" Natasha asked, breaking the silence, nodding to Steve.

Maggie shifted in her seat, peeking up at James guiltily. Making it plainly clear she had let their news slip a bit too early. "Sorry." She whispered.

He narrowed his eyes at her in disappointment. Although part of him figured that would've happened, so he wasn't too surprised. "You can tell him, Nat." James confirmed with an odd amount of smugness in his words, not looking away from Maggie.

"James proposed." Natasha said excitedly, wiggling her hand for Maggie to show Steve the ring.

Following her silent request, she reached her arm across the table, showing off the glinting diamonds covering her finger.

Steve let out a belly laugh, clutching his chest. "I know he did." Saying it like it was obvious.

Maggie's jaw dropped, whipping her head to face James. "You told him?"

"Yeah." He admitted with a chuckle. "He helped me pick out the ring and I called him when I woke up yesterday to ask if I should do it then or wait."

"James, I thought we were going to tell them together."

"Hey, you didn't stick to that promise either, doll." He raised his brows at her, pointing a finger in her face.

Maggie laughed, leaning into his side as his arm fell over her. "Well, I guess the secrets out. We're engaged." She shrugged.

"Congratulations, guys." Steve grinned, raising his glass as everyone followed suit. Clinking them together at the center of the table. "Can't believe this asshole finally found someone that puts up with him." He added.

"Always such a punk." James grumbled as he brought his glass to his lips.

"And you'll always be a jerk, Buck."

The rest of the evening carried on with with a chipper tone. James mindlessly played with a strand of Maggie's hair or rubbed over her thigh under the table. Always needing to keep a hand on her at all times. Seldom keeping his hands to himself.

Catching up on Natasha and Steve's long honeymoon, Maggie and James' plans for the wedding, and day to day drivel of their lives. Simply enjoying the convivial conversation amongst the sets of best friends and couples. A flawless pairing of individuals.

Occasional yawns became more frequent amongst the group, making it evident that the end of the night was drawing near. James saw the sleepy daze finding its home in Maggie's eyes, knowing that she had a long day and they had a busy day of travel ahead of them, he started in on goodbyes.

After closing their tabs, they all made their way outside. Exchanging quick hugs as they parted ways.

James held Maggie by the waist as he walked her to her new car. "Do you really like it?" He asked, nodding toward the Porsche.

"Oh my god, yes. It's perfect." She reassured. "You're perfect."

He bent down, kissing her forehead. "Not even close, but for you I try." His strong arms snaked around her waist, squeezing at her curves.

Absorbing her beauty, he stared down at her for a moment, recalling the last time they were at that bar— the night when he told her she was sexy and she pressed a coy kiss to his cheek when he dropped her off at her apartment.

Internally laughing at the memory of how badly he wanted to make her his and now here he was, engaged to the girl, getting ready to head back to their house.

James took a breath, glancing over at her car. "Race you home?"

"You're on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 636 21
James 'Bucky' Barnes/OC Bucky Barnes is trying to build a life for himself again in Brooklyn. Now a free man, Bucky is healing and finding himself f...
8.9K 322 26
"Life is fifty wrong turns down a bumpy road. All you can hope is that you end up somewhere nice." - Punk 57 *I don't own any of the characters excep...
2K 10 15
One-shots of the one and only Bucky Barnes, from the MCU. Send requests if you want! I don't think I'll be writing a lot of smut because I'm not an...
2.7M 43.1K 24
James 'Bucky' Barnes/OC AU ~~~ The year is 1973. All Dove Rogers wanted was a relaxing summer. Just one last hoorah before being thrust into adul...