Heartbeat

By RainnFlowerr

"Let our scars fall in love" - Galway Kinnell A story about a sad girl and a lost man, who f... More

INTRODUCTION
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
~Authors Note~
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note

Chapter 7

830 164 60
By RainnFlowerr

Song for the chapter : Subhanallah by Sreeram and Shilpa Rao.

* * * *

That's it.

Enough is enough.

I mean there is always a limit for certain things.

You can't just keep on doing it, even if you like it.

It has to end somewhere.

He had enough.

He had enough of this delicious Muttar Paneer, if he took one more bite he would be rolling from here to London.

I don't think my trainer is going to be very happy he thought while looking around at the people sitting on the dinner table.

Sidharth agreed to his dadi's plea to stay here for a week. But his dadi knew that he would never ever say no to her. He also now knew that the girl he had met in unusual circumstances is the girl who was promised to him.

Did she even know? He thought as he looked at Shehnaaz, who was pouring some warm milk with bread pieces into a bowl for Dabboo who was sprawled under the table, busy nibbling on his foot.

The moment he had held him, the thing hadn't left my side he thought with a sigh.

He looked at Shehnaaz and thought did she know the person who was promised to her is him? What would she say if she found that the same person is still clinging to his past.

He still can't fathom that their families are thinking about their marriage. The situation can't get anymore cliché than this. He also know his dadi has many expectations, she thinks that a week might change his decision but the truth is, he had just agreed to stay only to make his dadi happy, but he also can't deny that he is staying because he feels something for the little woman.

"Arey, Sidharth aur sabzi lo na? Tumne toh kuch liya hee Nahi." Anita said while serving him, but he politely denies "Nahi bas, I can't eat anymore, I'm really very full."

"Are you sure bhaiya? This sweet dish is so heavenly, what was it called?  Um. Savya---or something." Kushal took a spoonful and groaned delightfully at the sweetness. "Nahi, mere pait mein aur jagah nahi hai" Sidharth said wiping his hands with napkin.

"it's called Savaiyaan not savya, sachi itne sallo baad aisa desi khana khaya hai dil kush ho gaya nahi toh gharme hamesha angrezi khana hee Banta hai." Dadi pouted but smiled when Shehnaaz served her Savaiyaan too.

"Arey bha- I mean Shehnaaz ji Dadi ko meetha khana mana hai" Kushal informed while Dadi retorted back "Tu chup karja! Tu kya meri bahu hai Jo aisay mujhe tok raha hai"

"Koi chakar nahi, Dadi ke liye special banaya hai. It's made using Stevia" Shehnaaz Said laughing at the Dadi-Pota duo.

Shehnaaz looked at Sidharth and blushed as he was already looking at her. His gaze is so intense that she has to look away and swallow hard. She doesn't understand why does he have such an effect on her.

Sidharth realized that Shehnaaz is not only beautiful, kind and gentle, but also the most thoughtful, she is kind of a woman who preserves her relations with love and care, She is just perfect.

Then how can I ruin her life by tying her to me? He thought. Maybe if he didn't have so much baggages of past, he might have been good for her.

She deserves someone better, someone just like her he thought and clenched his hand tightly at the thought.

"Aapko sach mein nahi khani savaiyaan?" Shehnaaz asked so sweetly with her doe eyes looking at him, that Sidharth had to literally hold the table to stop himself from climbing over it, and pinning her to the wall while kissing the sweetness out of her. Sidharth's eyes widen at his shameless thought while Shehnaaz raised her eyebrows innocently when he didn't answer.

What the Fuck is wrong with me? He thought.

"Yeah.. Um.. No.. I mean I can taste it I guess, just a little" Sidharth Nonchalant Raizaada fumbled with his reply.

"Arey wah bhaiya Shehnaaz Ji ne kaha toh just a little" Kushal teased him to which Sidharth kicked him on the shin under the table making Kushal moan in pain.

"What was that for?" Kushal scowled at his big brother while rubbing his shin. Shehnaaz serves some savaiyaan to Sidharth, while they both ignores their blubbering hearts at the closeness.

"For being a blabber mouth" Sidharth said taking a spoonful and closes his eyes at the sweet taste.

Would she taste just as sweet as this sweet dish? He thought and almost choked at his dirty thoughts for the innocent and sweet Shehnaaz.

"So.. Arjun, I heard you have your own construction company?" Sidharth asked Arjun distracting himself from thinking about Shehnaaz and the things he wants to do to her.

"Yeah... I mean it's nothing, I have always wanted to build things so I started this company; but it's no where near Raizaada Industries" Arjun replied modestly while Shehnaaz shook her head. "No veere it's not nothing, it's your hard work, your dream, and you worked so hard to get the company to this position where it is today. I still remember the way you have done so many odd jobs day and night to collect fund to start it. Apko pata hai veera bas 24 ke the jab inohne yeh company shuru ki, mere veere ka sapna hai to make houses, parks, schools for the under privileged people. I know it seems impossible but I have full faith, my brother will achieve it."

Looking at such love and proud in the eyes of Shehnaaz for her elder brother everyone smiled tearfully whole Sidharth for the first time on his life wants to list his achievements aloud just to get the same proud emotion in her eyes but for him.

"Shehnaaz is right Arjun" Sidharth said looking at the brother-Sister lovingly "you shouldn't be so self - depreciating, No business or work is small or big, your work should be superior for you as long as you are doing it with honesty and integrity. You should be proud of your work, just like your sister."

Shehnaaz smiled at Sidharth. He is a very sweet and kind man although at the same time grumpy and broody too, but he's not a bad man. I also know why is he and his family here, they are here for the promise. Shehnaaz tried hard not blush at the thought of Sidharth marrying her.

God! Get a darn grip Shehnaaz she thought.

I mean she is not going to kid herself into thinking that a guy like Sidharth would even have looked at her if it wasn't for their weird situation. His world and her world are miles apart.

He is big city business tycoon, who lived in luxury, with big dreams. He looked relaxed and confident sitting here, he doesn't look odd, he just belongs in a ravishing and luxurious restaurant made of glass and elegance, but she knows he's not a conceited big city guy, she can tell the way he praised her brother he values hard work and integrity.

Whereas she is just a mousy
Little woman of a small town, whose dreams starts with her family and ends with her beloved animal shelter. She's just writes a column for a local magazine occasionally, works in an animal shelter and loves her family very much. She doesn't mean that he doesn't love his family, the way he left his work to follow his brother and grandma this far proves that, they mean everything to him, his grandma happiness is everything to him, maybe that's why he agreed to stay, but she won't delude herself into thinking that they would ever have a chance.

His and her world's are totally different and world's apart.

* * * *

After the dinner both families relaxed in the family talking to each other, while Sidharth decided to take a walk as he has eaten too much, and kushal and Arjun decided to join him.

It was long after dinner when everyone is sleeping in their cozy beds while Sidharth was pacing the floor, talking to his best friend, who for some reason wanted to vent his personal problems 2 in the morning.

"Why can't our parents understand that Charlie doesn't want a big wedding, she just want her family and few friends, in which you are also included by the way?" Harvey complaints while sidharth looks at the little mutt sleeping beside his bed peacefully.

It's too God damn early for this he thought rubbing his face.

"Why don't you just send them on a cruise trip till the wedding?" Sidharth suggested unhelpfully while trying to understand why is he even in the middle of his friend's family drama, when he had enough of it in his own life.

"Right, right, right" Harvey said sarcastically while Sidharth took offense "Hey that's my line" Sidharth pouted.

Harvey rolled his eyes at his friend although he can't see through the phone. "Do you hear yourself, I am here venting about my problems and you aren't even listening, you never listen to me"

"Would you stop acting like my wife? just go take a nap and let Charlie handle it" Sidharth said cutting the call while going downstairs.

Sidharth decided to look for some water,  so he went down, towards the kitchen. He was just about to enter, when suddenly he heard something drop, the noise came from Kitchen.

He peeked in the kitchen, and saw someone eating from a big ice cream tub while sitting on the counter, a steel glass on the floor which might have dropped that made the noise.

The person was Shehnaaz.

Sidharth smirked and folded his arms while leaning on the frame of the door.

He smiled as she takes a spoonful while humming on a song she was listening to, she was wearing earbuds. She bobs her head at the music while dipping a finger in the ice cream. Sidharth suddenly tensed as she put that ice cream covered finger in her mouth, he tries to control the urge to snatch that finger and lick it.

What the fuck is wrong with you? He thought.

He felt fastening of his pulse as he saw her attire,  she was wearing a silky flimsy, sleeveless top and shorts.

Fuucccckkkkk

I should really get back to my room he thought while mentally face palmed himself.

But in spite of his thinking about going back his legs moves towards
her direction.

stupid legs

Sidharth went towards her, but she didn't realize that someone was standing there, she was still bobbing her head at the song. Sidharth took one earbud "What are you listening to?" Sidharth asked startling Shehnaaz who jump off the counter, but as there was water on the floor, she slipped, but Sidharth quickly grabbed her by the waist.

Tingles.

Her eyes widen as she feels his hands sliding down to her hips and tighten there. He feels his body reacts to her small body pressed against him.

"You should stop doing this, you know?" Sidharth said mindlessly while his eyes roam to outline of her face.

"What?" She said breathless because that's how much he effects her.

He looks down at her lips, while she tried to stop her lips to quiver. She can feel his warm breathe on her face, his hard chest pressed to her, she tighten her hold on his strong upper arms.

"You should stop falling like that? I can't always catch you." He said while raising his hand up to her face to trace her face without touching.

"But I always fall when you're around" She said and widen her eyes at the thought at how this must have sound.

She tries to back away while Sidharth tighten his hold on her, which made her breath hitch.

"I mean, you scared me that's why I jumped and slipped" She says while squirming in his arms. She blushes as he stare at her intensely.

"Are you accusing me miss Shehnaaz?" he teased, smirking at her innocent face, pouting at him.

"N-no-no" Shehnaaz stuttered as he softly pulls from her. He has to literally hold himself back from ravishing her on the kitchen counter she was eating ice cream on.

"Good night Shehnaaz" He smiles as Shehnaaz grabs her ice cream and phone "Go-good ni-night Sidharth Ji"

She disappeares out of the kitchen, but he smiles as he can hear the pittar-patter of her small feet on the wooden stairs while wondering what the fuck is wrong with him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 31.6K 103
"๐‘ฐ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†๐’… ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’Š๐’…๐’'๐’• ๐’Œ๐’๐’†๐’˜ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’๐’š ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’”. ๐‘ญ๐’๐’“ ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๏ฟฝ...
148K 11.1K 23
โ€ขUNEDITEDโ€ข Sidharth Shukla the sarpanch of the village fallen in love with Shehnaaz Gill. A cute innocent girl. Shehnaaz Gill She is innocent girl...
76K 9.2K 30
I FOUND MY SOULMATE, I FOUND MY ONE AND ONLY , I FOUND MY HAPPINESS AND I FOUND THAT IN YOU . WHEN LOVE HAPPENS, IT JUST HAPPENS! WITHOUT ANY CONDITI...
52.2K 3.8K 20
๐™๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š, ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ, ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™จ๐™š๐™จ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ๐™จ, ๐™Ÿ๐™š๐™–๐™ก๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฎ, ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ, ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™—๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™  โคโค๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™...