dumb baby | bokuaka

By kenme0w

π—―π—Όπ—Έπ˜‚π˜π—Ό kōtarō is a model, who crossed paths with akaashi keiji, a photographer. started: 091920 ended:... More

✦
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
s. inoue
44
45
finale
DUMB BABY
afterstory (2/2)

12

5.9K 259 492
By kenme0w

"HEY WHY DID THE both of you come together?" Yuko whispered to Bokuto as she look at Akaashi who's introducing and socialising himself with the other members of the crew. When Bokuto arrived earlier, it shocked Yuko when she saw Bokuto is with Akaashi.

Bokuto turned to Yuko to whisper, "We're great friends.."

Yuko immediately scoffed in disagreement, "You never let anyone inside your car except for Kuroo and some of your high school friends."

"Really?" Bokuto asked Yuko, unbelievably.

"The hell? You don't know? You didn't let anyone enter your car you moron!" Yuko started scolding, Bokuto.

"Oh, I never knew I didn't let anyone in. Well, I can't just let some people who aren't close with me enter." Bokuto proudly said and wants Yuko to praise him for being cautious.

"Well..whatever you say, but good job for today for not being late. I thought you're gonna hang out with Kuroo first before coming here, that's what you usually do."

Bokuto laughs, "Nope! because Akaashi and I ate breakfast and went here together. Plus, I don't want to hear you scolding me."

Yuko just laughed a little, "Yeah sure, you'll be back in work next week. Get ready, your schedule is really full."

"Oh yeah! What do you mean you're busy? When I'm not even working?" Bokuto asked remembering what Akaashi said earlier.

Yuko looked confused, "What do you mean?"

"Oh, Akaashi told me you didn't interviewed him in morning since you said you're busy," Bokuti explained.

"You didn't know?" Yuko asked Bokuto with confusion in her voice.

"Didn't know what?"

"Nevermind, yeah I was busy. I'm busy piling your schedule and making sure you won't be complaining again because of it."

Bokuto let go of the topic and looked again at Akaashi who's still busy talking with other people in their crew. Bokuto stared at Akaashi's face for a long time, even though Akaashi is smiling Bokuto noticed something off about it.

His smile didn't reach his eyes. Did something bad happen today?

Bokuto heard a knock on the door, and he glanced through the door and saw Yukie in there.

"Oh? Yukippe?" Bokuto stood up and approached Yukie at the door.

"Is something happening? The crew's gathering around?" Yukie asked and peeked inside and saw Akaashi, "Hmm? New member?"

Shirofuku Yukie is Yuko's sister, they work together in the crew. Yukie is Bokuto's stylist and they've been friends since high-school days, since Yukie served as their team manager before in Fukurodani.

"Yeah, he's Akaashi! He's super great you know, you want to meet him?" Bokuto asked while smiling at Yukie.

"Akaashi? You mean, Akaashi Keiji right? That photographer in Instagram." Yukie said and looked at Akaashi once again.

"Yeah, him! You know him?"

"He has a lot of fans in Instagram, I'm a fan of him too! He's so skilled and talented you know, when it comes to photography." Yukie compliments.

"I know right! That's why I'm so happy he joined the crew," Bokuto said with so much enthusiasm, and is literally glowing.

"You're much more energetic than usual, you close with him?" Yukie asks.

Bokuto smiled, "We're friends!"

"Oh, it's rare for you to be close with someone at work. I mean...you befriended everyone in the crew but I never seen you talk with them to me like this, you seem so happy talking about Akaashi." Yukie laughs, "If I didn't know better I'd probably think you like him or something.."

"But you don't swing that way, right?" Yukie asked while walking inside the room and sitting on the couch.

Bokuto chuckled, "Well...I like him."

Yukie blinked continously and looked at Bokuto with real shock in her face, "Seriously?"

Bokuto nodded, "Seriously."

Yukie composed herself on her seat and cleared her throat multiple times, "I can't believe it..."

"Why? You didn't think I would like someone too?" Bokuto laughs.

Yukie nodded, "Yes! I thought you're not attracted to anyone else, this is the first. I'm quite in shock, specially when it's towards a guy-I'm not against it or what..I'm just shocked."

Bokuto laughed loudly causing other people to look at Yukie and Bokuto's direction, "Yeah, yeah, Kuroo likes guys too though.."

Yukie laughed, "I know! He's been following Kenma around since high-school, as far as I can remember. Though he dated one before, that glasses in Karasuno before right?"

Bokuto laughed with Yukie remembering what Kuroo is doing before, "Yeah, Tsukishima! But they always argue before though, you remember how stingy that Tsukishima is right?"

"Yeah, Kuroo's so unlucky. He kept wanting guys with cold personalities." Yukie said, "Oh anyway, I'll go I needed to talk with Yuko, I almost forgot what I came here for."

Bokuto nodded, and pointed Yuko's direction, "She's there."

"Thanks, Bokuto! Let's have a drink, with everyone soon!" Yukie said.

"Sure, sure, in some other time."

After talking with Yukie minutes later Bokuto felt Akaashi sit beside him, he immediately looked at Akaashi who looks worn out just by talking to everyone and answering their questions about Akaashi which he didn't answered everything, specially those include personal information.

"Hi, Akaashi, you done talking to them?" Bokuto asked with a smile.

Akaashi nodded, "Yep, they ask a lot of question.."

Bokuto chuckled and moved his body's direction towards Akaashi to completely face him, "They just want to know more about you, are you going to work starting tomorrow?"

"Yeah..Yuko said I should be starting tomorrow since there are a lot of things that should be done in the company." Akaashi answered.

Bokuto pouted, "I bet you'll also meet Lev and his sister, they also work here you know..."

"I know them, they're popular." Akaashi told Bokuto.

"But, I'm more popular than them! Right? Right?" Bokuto said with his eyes sparkling, waiting for Akaashi to agree.

Akaashi laughs, "Yeah, you are."

"I can't wait for this meeting to be finished, we need to go on our date you know!" Bokuto exclaims as he look at Akaashi's gunmetal blue eyes.

Akaashi's brows raised up, "Date?"

Bokuto's face instantly flushed red when he realized what he suddenly blurted out, "Oh! I mean...yeah! A date. Friendly date? I guess?"

If Bokuto was young he would probably be so careless and say some careless things that would make things even more awkward. Thankfully, his carelessness reduced as he grow older.

Akaashi looked at Bokuto, trying to read what's exactly in his mind. "Friendly date, huh?"

"Yep! Yes, yes, friends do that right?" Bokuto nervously asked.

Akaashi pressed his lips thin, "I guess.."

As much as he want to tease Bokuto there's a part of him that feels happy that Bokuto said that. He also is thinking about it earlier, when Bokuto told him they should watch a film together, he also thinks that they would look like they're on a date if so.

Akaashi smiled at Bokuto, "Bokuto, let's talk.."

Even though Akaashi keeps denying he know for a fact that he can't just ignore this warmness he's feeling with Bokuto. He can't ignore this feeling for so long, and so is Bokuto. He can't hold his feeling for so long too.

Bokuto still looks bright, "Hmm? We are talking.."

"I mean privately.." Akaashi implies.

Bokuto smiled and nodded, "Okay, let's go somewhere else."

Bokuto stood up together with Akaashi, some of the people inside looked at the both of them. Bokuto pointed the door outside, gesturing that the both of them will be going outside.

Yuko just nodded and waved her hand, gesturing for Bokuto to leave.

Akaashi followed Bokuto silently as they walk together towards a room, with guards outside. It seems like it's a VIP room or something. Well it has Bokuto's name on a plate card on the door though, so it's probably where he stays during his free time inside this building.

When they got inside Bokuto turn the lights on and Akaashi saw how bright the room is. White walls, some decoration, a desk, a couch, everything is light-colored, it suits Bokuto's personality very well.

"Take a seat, Akaashi..what do you want to talk about privately anyway?" Bokuto asked, and also sat beside Akaashi with enough distance between them.

Akaashi didn't break eye contact with Bokuto, while calming himself. Because, for some reason he really feels nervous for what he's about going to say.

Bokuto waited for Akaashi to say a word and just looked at his pretty face.

"Bokuto-san-I mean..Bokuto. It's not like I'm assuming some things or being arrogant just because how you treat me. But, I've been noticing this a lot and I'm starting to get comfortable with it myself, I don't want to get ahead of what your actions really meant, but...I just want to ask.. " Akaashi averted his eyes and took a deep breath.

"What is it? Just ask me." Bokuto said with his calm voice.

Akaashi looked at Bokuto again, "Bokuto-san, do you like me?"

Bokuto was shocked when Akaashi suddenly asked that, it is that obvious? Kuroo said not to make it so obvious though..

Akaashi saw how Bokuto's expression didn't even change, it's like he's thinking something instead.

"Did...did that sound arrogant? Sorry, I was just..feeling that it was the case because your actions are really making me think like that -"

Bokuto smiled, "I do." And made Akaashi silent, "I like you, I was just shocked that I never got the chance to confess because you already asked about it..."

Akaashi somehow felt relieved when he heard that, he pressed his own lips again and composed himself, trying to calm down.

"I think...I like you too, but I am not just ready to enter a relationship right now. I have..uhm, I have some kind of bad experience in dating..and uh...I ahm, I don't think I can enter one instantly." Akaashi said nervously while playing with his own fingers that are placed on his lap.

Bokuto was surprised when Akaashi said that, specially Akaashi's troubled expression. It's a first that Akaashi looked nervous in front of Bokuto, he's always so calm and always holding back on his emotions.

A soft smile appeared on Bokuto's face, "Hey..It's okay, you don't have to look so nervous. You look like some police is interrogating you." Bokuto chuckled.

"But, you like me right? And I do...I think. I'm not sure but, I just can't be together with someone as of now, I still have this anxiety when it comes to dating that I can't overcome. I don't want to date someone when I'm not ready, but at the same time I don't want to hurt you-"

"It's okay, you can take your time. You don't need to push yourself for me, I like it this way. At least, I know you're starting to open up fot me. You were really distant at first you know! I thought it'll never work out, but it did somehow. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just here.."

Then Akaashi suddenly remembered that they're going to leave the country in 2 months.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just here.

What Bokuto said kept replaying inside his mind. Bokuto is a very kind and warm person, the reason why Akaashi is starting to open up his heart for someone again. There's no way, Bokuto will do something that Inoue did. Bokuto is too pure and a loving person.

Akaashi took a deep breath a smiled at Bokuto.

"Me too..I'm not going anywhere."

to be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 241 12
Akaashi, fresh out of college, starts working at a bookstore while waiting for a "real" job. He is enamored with a gorgeous man who comes in each Sat...
33.8K 2K 18
❝ π——π—’π—˜π—¦ 𝗔 π—‘π—˜π—ͺ π—™π—”π—–π—˜ π—–π—’π— π—˜ π—ͺπ—œπ—§π—› 𝗔 π—ͺ𝗔π—₯π—₯𝗔𝗑𝗧𝗬 ? ❞ οΈ» 🏿 ➀ a story wherein y/n , 🏾 a hop...
47.1K 1.5K 26
Kenma has never really liked anyone else but Kuroo and clung to him for years, but Kuroo gets a new friend group and starts to ignore Kenma. After a...
87.6K 3.8K 35
Running into eachother. Watching their smile grow for eachother. Falling in love. It was never to be expected. Y/n l/n is a first year at Tokyo Unive...