Made For You | BOTW Link x Re...

By daetiris

"You will aid the hero during his journey in defeating Calamity Ganon." That was the order that was given to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 37

13.2K 334 673
By daetiris

The giddy feeling that flourished in your chest deepened when Link moved his arm around your waist as you walked. Yes, it was a minor thing to be focusing on, but after two hours of establishing a relationship with him, your mind seemed to jump at any little thing he did. Be it kissing your hand occasionally, or even making small comments on how pretty you appeared. It felt silly to awe over these things, but that didn't stop you from doing so.

"Have we really travelled for two hours?" Link randomly asked, moving you closer to his side as you both entered Kara Kara Bazaar. He glanced up at the sky, seeing the sun at its peak. This confirmed his question, but he stayed silent in order to hear your response.

"I...think so," you hummed and slowly leaned your head against his shoulder. "Why?"

"Hmm, it just doesn't feel like we've walked that long," he chuckled. Having spent the last few hours enjoying one another's company, time seemed to pass quickly. And while this was a good thing, Link couldn't ignore the fact that the two of you would now be travelling during the hottest time of the day. Slowly coming to a stop, the boy unwrapped his arm from around your waist and faced you. "Do you have enough water in your canteen?"

You hesitated and grabbed your leather canteen from your satchel to check. When you opened it and saw no water inside, you looked up at him and shook your head. "I finished it already."

Link nodded and then took your hand, leading you toward the bazaar's large pool of water. "Well, we should refill it then. We still have to travel another hour before reaching the Gerudo Canyon Pass and staying hydrated is important," he said, scrunching his nose when a heatwave blew through the bazaar. Luckily, his outfit helped him tolerate the sudden rise in temperature.

"Do you think it'll get hotter?" You questioned, noticing several travellers seek refuge under the palm trees that were planted all around the small reservoir.

"I don't know, maybe," Link replied, taking the canteen from your hands as he reached the edge of the water. He didn't fancy the idea of travelling under the scorching sun and judging by the small twist in your face, he figured you didn't like the idea either. The boy gently pulled you under some shade a palm tree provided and lowered his veil. "If it does, why don't we stay here for a while? Once the temperature is cooler, we could continue our way toward the stables."

You half-smiled. "That does sound better than travelling while it's scorching hot," you said, resting your back against the bark of the tree. Shyly taking his free hand, you flickered your eyes to his fingers and tilted your head. "So, what do you plan we do while we're here?"

Link grinned and looked down at your hands, watching as you intertwined your fingers with his. "Well, I have a few ideas," he stated, his voice wrapping around a gentle tone. His eyes rose to look at the bits of hair that were falling over your face. He sweetly moved his hand out of your hold and lifted it to brush the strands behind your ear, smiling when the action caused you to look at him.

"Care to share them?" You asked, welcoming the familiar warmth that had started to spread across your cheeks.

Link smirked and leaned forward, giving you the impression that he was going to plant a kiss on your lips, but instead, he teasingly pecked your cheek and stepped back. "Maybe later," he said, chuckling at the shocked expression you had. He sent you a cheeky wink and moved out of the shade, pulling his veil up as he crouched beside the water.

You rubbed the spot he had kissed and scoffed playfully. "What a tease," you mumbled, turning your head to cover the blush on your cheeks.

"I heard that," Link sang, looking over his shoulder to spare you a glance. He gently laughed when you responded by sticking your tongue out at him and he gladly copied what you had done. The blonde would occasionally turn to look at you as he refilled your canteen, and during one of these glances, he spot a group of travellers that sat just a few feet away from you. The men were conversing about a labyrinth that rested in the eastern portion of the desert, and while he was momentarily intrigued, Link redirected his attention elsewhere.

However, when the word "shrine" was mentioned amongst the travellers, his eyes immediately lit up. "(Y/n)," he had just started to say before you immediately cut him off.

Having the travellers conversation as well, you turned to Link and told him, "No."

Now, it wasn't that you weren't interested in this so-called "labyrinth". You just figured that heading out of the Gerudo Desert was far more important than a maze. "I don't think we should waste our time with that Link. We've spent far too many days in this desert, and we still need to head to the final Divine Beast location."

Although you were right, Link shook his head and stood up. "I know that, but can't we at least check it out? There's no harm in staying here at least one more day," he reasoned, closing your canteen as he stood from his crouched position. Studying the way your eyes flashed a look of curiosity, he smirked and went toward you. "Come on, don't tell me you're not curious about it."

You met his gaze and cracked a small smile when he started to wiggle his eyebrows. "Maybe just a little," you muttered, looking away for a few seconds before sighing. "Fine, but we go on one condition." You turned to look at his clothing and pursed your lips. The outfit he wore offered very little protection, and if he wanted to head into an unknown area, with unknown dangers, you thought it safe for him to change. "You have to put on clothes that will protect you. Monsters may lurk around the labyrinth, and I prefer you wear something less exposing. Like your Champion's Tunic!"

Link grimaced at your condition. "But these clothes help me support the heat," he whined.

You rolled your eyes playfully and stepped forward, lifting your hand to smooth a wrinkled part of his top. "Yes, but elixirs are sold here. So how about you go change while I purchase some?"

"Hmph, will you change too?" He glanced down at your outfit and knitted his eyebrows. "Because I don't think it's fair that I have to change and drink those disgusting elixirs while you walk around comfortably."

"Comfortably?" You laughed. "I'll have you know that wearing this skirt and top is not at all pleasing. But, I don't want to drink elixirs so...," you trailed off before flashing a sweet smile. "I'll change once we've reached the Gerudo Canyon Pass."

Link clicked his tongue and handed you your canteen. "Alright...do you have enough rupees to purchase elixirs?"

"I'm sure I do. If not, I have a few gemstones I can sell." You took the object from his hands and stuffed it inside your satchel. "Go look for a tent to change in," you said, bringing his attire out of your leather bag. "I'll be here when you're done."

Link smiled and grabbed his clothing from you. "Okay," he replied before walking out of the shade. He scouted the row of tents that were spread around the reservoir while walking. It took him a while to find an empty tent (with all of them being occupied by merchants) but when saw one at the brink of the bazaar, he hurried toward it. Course, he had to avoid the practised words of men and women that tried to catch his attention along the way, but in the end, he entered the tent without much trouble.

Making sure the flaps of the tent were closed, Link went on to set his clothes down on the ground. As he removed his veil, top, and sirwal, he immediately felt stuffy and uncomfortable. Heat seeped through the small openings of the tent, making him change into his Champion's Tunic and trousers with a grimace. These clothes didn't help him support the desert climate at all, but he knew that with the effects of elixirs, he would be able to tolerate it to some extent.

Once he slipped into his boots, Link grabbed his Gerudo clothes from the floor and walked out of the tent. As he adjusted one of his belts, he spotted you paying for a few elixirs near the shade so he started moving through the crowd until reaching you.

Thanking the merchant for the elixirs she had sold to you, you looked to your left and saw Link. It had been a while since you had seen him in his regular outfit, and for some reason, you found it funny. "Well, you changed pretty quickly," you commented. "How does it feel to be out of the girly outfit?"

Link looked down at the clothes he held and quietly huffed. "Horrible. I feel so stuffy and hot with my regular attire."

You laughed softly and took the clothes from his hands, handing him an elixir in return. "Drink that then. The merchant said the effects last about an hour, and I bought you quite a few," you hummed as you put the turquoise clothing into your satchel.

Link opened the elixir and stared inside the vial with a twisted face. Not wanting to give it much thought, he brought the elixir to his lips and chugged it down, pushing through its ghastly taste. The bitterness of the liquid made his fingers coil around the vial as he forced it down his throat. "There," he said in between scrunched expressions.

"Want some water?" You asked, preparing to grab your canteen.

"No, no, I'm fine beautiful," he replied, the compliment slipping out naturally.

A blush crept onto your cheeks as you watched him sigh and wipe his lips a bit. "Okay," you giggled, smiling stupidly while moving your hands to your side.

"What?" Link raised a brow, finding your sudden giggle and smiling appearance endearing.

"Oh nothing," you hummed, making eye contact with him. It was amazing how a simple compliment erupted all kinds of feelings within you. And while you didn't quite understand it, you concluded that there was just no way to explain how Link made you feel. Putting your hands behind your back, you childishly swayed and tilted your head. "Are the effects starting to kick in?"

Link waited a second before responding. He gave the elixir time to spread across his entire body before nodding his head. "Yes," he responded, feeling his core temperature cool down, despite being under the hot sun. "You said the effects last over an hour, right?"

"Yes, which reminds me," you tapped your chin and looked east. "We have no idea how far away this labyrinth is." You pursed your lips and looked back at Link. "I think we should ask someone how long the journey is. That way I can make sure I have enough elixirs for you."

Your suggestion was one Link liked so with a thoughtful hum he looked around the bazaar, spotting a group of men who spoke of the labyrinth in great detail. "They seem to know a lot about the maze," he said, gesturing toward the travellers.

You followed his gaze, seeing the travellers he referred to. "We should ask them then," you figured, walking toward the chattery people with Link by your side. "Excuse me," you said, politely smiling at the men when they turned to look at Link and you. "I don't mean to interrupt, but do any of you happen to know how far away the desert labyrinth is?"

"The labyrinth?" One of them questioned in surprise. The elder shook his head and leaned slightly forward. "I don't think it's a good idea for a couple of kids to be heading there. Several Lizalfo's and Bokoblin's roam the maze."

"We're aware of that," Link spoke. "But you needn't worry. Both of us are capable of defending ourselves, especially against monsters."

The elder frowned lightly until looking at the other travellers that stood beside him. "Well, if you head east you should get there in under an hour. Course, there might be complications with the sun being so high now, but for young folk such as yourselves, you should be fine. Just make sure to stock up on elixirs."

"We will, thank you, sir," you assured, smiling once more before strolling toward the shade with Link. "Hmm, if it does take an hour to reach the labyrinth, then I'm pretty sure I have enough elixirs for you." You talked while rummaging through your satchel, making sure the heat resistance elixirs were in there. You glanced at Link to see if he had anything to say, but your eyebrows furrowed when you saw him bring out his Sheikah Slate randomly. "What are you doing?"

"Checking something," he answered. Link scanned the incomplete map that appeared on the screen and after zooming in on the Gerudo Desert, he saw a rectangular-shaped maze drawn in the east rim. "Look, this is the labyrinth!" He showed you the map and grinned.

You leaned forward and studied the image with a focused expression. "There are a lot of paths in this maze," you mumbled, tracing your finger over the entrance of the labyrinth and toward the centre, where you guessed the shrine would be. "How do you suppose we find our way through?"

"Hmm, maybe we could split up? Cover ground faster and see who gets to the right path first."

"That sounds like a terrible plan," you shook your head and turned to look at him.

Link chuckled and hooked his slate to his belt. "Do you have a better one, (N/n)?"

You frowned and attempted to think of a plan that was better than splitting up. "No...," you admitted, gazing at the ground. "But I prefer one that requires us staying close to one another. Separating doesn't seem like a smart idea." Chances of getting to the right path were no doubt larger if Link and you separated, but you didn't want to take the risk of battling monsters alone. You could easily fend for yourself of course. But you knew that you were at your strongest with Link by your side.

"But if you really want to try that plan, then I guess—"

"No, I take back what I said," Link interrupted. He had only suggested that because it was the first thing that popped into his head. "Sticking together is a better option. In fact," he paused to wrap his arm around your waist, "I'm keeping you by my side the entire time."

Series of flutters developed in your stomach as you looked down, hiding your flustered expression. "Good," you said, letting a small giggle escape your lips.

Your actions came off as adorable to Link, and he couldn't help but gawk over your cute expressions and bashful actions. There was a goofy smile spreading on his face and the second you turned your head to look at him, he leaned forward and pecked your lips. The spontaneous display of affection made his cheeks burn pleasantly, and he gave his jittery heart a moment to settle down. "Come on," he told you, boyishly grinning at the sight of your blushing face, "let's go find a spot to rest in. Once the sun starts going down, we'll head out."

"Rest...okay," you spoke in a daze. Your mind had suddenly fogged when he kissed you out of the blue (but you weren't complaining about it). As your senses gradually returned to you, Link started to lead you around the bazaar with his arm still wrapped around your waist.

   •••

You had to admit that the best time to do anything while in the desert was when the sun was going down. The temperature, compared to other times of the day, was absolutely perfect, which worked well for Link as he ventured east with you on his back. Now, the idea of carrying you toward the labyrinth was all his idea. And though you thought such a task would be difficult to do—the boy was walking through sand for Hylia's sake—Link somehow managed to do it.

After travelling little over an hour, both of you saw the labyrinth's high stone walls up ahead. It would be impossible to miss the magnificent structure because even from afar, you could see the wide rectangular-shaped maze. Your arms, which were wrapped around Link's neck, loosened, and you stared at the outstanding structure with a dropped jaw. "It's huge."

Link breathlessly laughed at your statement and once he was just a few feet away from the entrance of the maze, he stopped and set you down. "Well what did you expect," he wondered, lifting his tunic to wipe away the bits of sweat that had formed below his bangs.

You moved to his side, eyes whipping from one of the walls' detail to another. "I don't know, but this place is massive. And look at the designs that are engraved in the walls!" You were so amazed by the building before you that it took you a while to look Link's way. But when you did, your astonished expression turned to a caring one. "I told you not to carry me," you sighed, bringing out an old piece of cloth from your satchel, which you used to wipe his skin gently.

Link minimised his movements, which allowed you to clean his face properly. When you finished, he half-smiled and shrugged. "I wanted to."

You rolled your eyes with a smile and sweetly brushed his bangs. "Yes, but you look a little tired," you pointed out. "Do you want another elixir?"

"Hmm, no. The temperature is cool, so I feel alright," he said, fixing one of his belt straps. "How about you? You're not cold?"

"Not really," you glanced down at your revealing outfit. The final rays of the sun still warmed your body, so you felt comfortable. "But we should get through this maze before nightfall." As you said this, your gaze went back to the labyrinth. Something about the place seemed eery, which caused your curious mind to question everything about it. Who had built it? What was its purpose? You enjoyed exploring all these thoughts that surfaced into your mind, whereas Link had only thought of one thing. The shrine.

So without wasting another second, he took your hand and tugged you out of your mumbling state. "Let's go!" Link said with much enthusiasm. He was so set on finding the shrine that rested within the towering walls that he pushed aside any worry of encountering monsters, or even the possibility of getting lost because, in his mind, he had an advantage. While other travellers didn't have a map to find their way through the maze, he did. But before he had the chance to reach for his slate, something happened.

Upon stepping into the labyrinth, cold air rushed through the corridors, pushing toward the wide entrance with ridiculous force. You were almost thrown off balance, but Link reacted quickly and pulled you to his side. Relieved, you wrapped an arm around his torso and clutched onto his tunic until the air subsided. Suddenly, a low unearthly voice echoed through the maze.

"To you who sets foot here...My blessing awaits you in the labyrinth's end," the chilling voice said and when it ceased, Link's Sheikah Slate made a chiming sound.

Cursing in confusion, Link reached for his slate and read aloud the words that appeared on the screen. "Shrine Quest...?" His tone went slightly high as he questioned it. It took him a while to piece together the information, but when he did his arm around you loosened. "The blessing must be the shrine!"

"So if we reach the end of the labyrinth...we'll find the shrine," you spoke slowly to comprehend the quest that had been given. With a thoughtful appearance, you took the slate from Link's hand and touched the screen to make the map of the labyrinth larger. "I think the shrine is here, in the centre of the maze. There are a lot of paths that lead there, but I'm sure most are dead-ends."

Link hummed and looked forward. There were three paths he could take, and he went over each of them carefully. Forming a systematic plan in his head was not easy, especially when he saw the paths that the map showcased as well. "I think we should start by going right," he said.

"Why?" You asked, glancing up from the screen.

"I don't know," he shrugged, meeting your eyes. "Just a hunch."

You squinted your eyes playfully and grinned. "Well this hunch of yours better be correct," you snickered, turning to look behind you. The sun was slowly starting to tuck away behind a few mountains, and it would only be a matter of time until it was dark out. So with a deep breath, you returned the slate to Link and faced the right corridor. Chances of this being the correct path were slim but you decided to go along with Link's feeling.

"Come on then," you said, slipping out of Link's hold to walk away from the entrance and down the long corridor.

Link smiled and shouted a, "Wait up," before jogging to your side. As a precaution, he unsheathed his Master Sword and held onto it firmly while inspecting the things that were engraved into the stone walls. "How far do you think some travellers made it when coming here?"

"Not too far I think," you replied, casually taking his free hand in yours. "I'm sure some got frightened by the creepy voice, and those that didn't probably lost their way and gave up." You saw that having a map of this place was helpful, especially when it alerted you whenever you neared a shrine. The slate hadn't made any sound just yet, so you figured Link and you were still pretty far from the shrine's location.

At the end of the corridor, you looked left and saw that the hall continued going forward, but this time there were several other paths to choose from. You looked down at the Sheikah Slate, hesitating as you took a few steps forward. "Which way do we go now?" You rhetorically muttered to yourself, flickering your eyes from the screen to the paths frequently.

"Why don't you point the slate around?" Link suggested, leaning closer to see the screen as well. "If the shrine sensor starts beeping, we'll just follow whichever path it started making a noise to."

"Huh, that's not a bad idea," you blinked, extending the slate forward. You slowly began walking down the main path, pointing the Sheikah Slate to every opening you saw. It wasn't long until the shrine sensor started to go off gently, informing Link and you of the correct path. With a satisfied smile, you looked at Link and nudged him. "Well look at that, it worked!"

"Yes my brilliant idea saved us," he said in a joking tone. Link laughed and led you through another path, listening closely to the noise of the slate. Before making any turn, he would wait to see in which direction the beeping got louder to and with that he would know where to go. The process was quite simple, and he found himself viewing this shrine quest as "easy".

Feeling more at ease, the boy sheathed his sword away and continued guiding you around the labyrinth. He wasn't too sure how far in you both were, but all he knew was that the beeping of the slate was getting louder.

"You should keep your sword out," you cautioned. "We could run into monsters at any moment."

"If there were monsters here, we would've heard their snarls by now," Link mentioned, pausing when the beeping had stopped. He raised an eyebrow and tentatively faced another direction until the sound came back.

Your lips formed a thin line as he pulled you behind him. There was some truth to his words, but you could never be too safe.

With every step you took, the slate would beep crazily. The sound was getting somewhat annoying but as Link made a turn, a new noise began to overpower the beeping. A gurgling kind. Confused, you took the lead and walked down the corridor quickly until you found the source of the noise.

"What is that?" You questioned, staring at the strange purple and black bog that blocked most of the corridor's path.

Link frowned and pulled you back. "Malice," he said, his jaw clenching as the sword on his back hummed. He brought the weapon out and saw its powerful glow, which had always occurred whenever he was near malice infected areas.

"Malice?" You looked at him, then at his glowing sword. "Your sword...it's glowing?"

The boy ripped his eyes away from the poisonous bog in front of him and flickered his attention down to the weapon. "Oh, yeah. It does that whenever I'm near things that have been touched by Ganon's Malice," he explained, "The first time it happened was when I entered Vah Naboris."

You inspected the powerful weapon, finding its full potential extraordinary. "Does it do more damage when it's in this state?"

"It does," Link replied, eyes then snapping back to the pool of purple and black malice. He huffed, putting the sword away while glancing at a malice-free path. "We can't go through here. If we even touch that stuff we'll get hurt."

You looked down at the slate and frowned lightly. The arrow that represented your location in the maze was close to the centre of the labyrinth and if it hadn't been for the harmful malice, Link and you would've been able to reach the shrine. "So we'll have to go down another trail," you sighed. It would take longer to find the right way to the shrine, but rather than groan about it you decided to take advantage of the extra time.

Being the one to lead now, you strolled down a different path, hearing the Malice's gurgling sound and the Sheikah Sensor's annoying beep fade away. Everything got strangely quiet, yet there was some peace to it. Cool winds swept through the maze, causing you to interlock your arm with Link's in a vague attempt to steal some of his warmth. Luckily, the boy understood your action and moved you close.

Link smiled boyishly and gazed down at you. "Are you cold?" He asked softly. It wouldn't be a surprise if you were. The clothes you wore were meant to support the heat, not the cold nights of the desert.

"A little bit," you nodded, feeling a chill ride down your spine.

"Why don't you change?"

"Right now?" You snorted.

"Yeah. I'll just turn around and give you privacy," Link offered sweetly. "I don't want you to be cold."

You awed at his kind words and pinched his cheek gently. "Don't worry Link, I'll change later. Right now we should focus on finding the right trail before the sun goes completely down."

Link pouted slightly and stared up at the sky, watching as the different colours meshed with one another. "Alright then we better hurry," he said, moving his eyes back down. Wanting to waste no time, he started to lead you through the maze while paying close attention to the slate in your hands. If he heard any type of faint beep, he would change course until the sound got louder.

"I think we're getting closer," Link said after travelling in diligent silence. Or at least...silence between the two of you. The Sheikah Sensor had started to go off like crazy, making him scowl in annoyance. However, the sound became of little importance when he walked into a clearing with you by his side. Tall walls still surrounded him, but the area was wide, offering more space than before.

"Is that a chest?" You questioned, gesturing toward a small platform that was built against the farthest wall.

Link inspected the metal chest that sat in the middle of the platform. "Looks like it," he said. He was about to walk toward it, but his ears picked up faint shuffling sounds to his left. Not knowing if he had imagined said noise, he stood more straight and lightly frowned. "(N/n), could you put the slate in your satchel?" He asked cautiously.

"Uh, okay?" You furrowed your eyebrows and did as you were told, stuffing the Sheikah Slate deep inside your bag. "But how are we supposed to—"

Link gently pressed a finger against your lips, hushing you. He sent you an apologetic smile before bringing out his sword, which had lost its powerful glow. He then turned his head, listening closely to the little sounds that occurred around him. Nothing out of the ordinary entered his ears, but just as he parted his lips to apologise for silencing you, a low growl was heard.

"Lizalfo," he mumbled, recognising the disturbing noise in a split second. Almost on cue, the nasty creature slipped out from the left halls, following the questionable sounds it had heard.

Sneering at the sight of the monster, you instinctively reached for your bow and arrow and positioned yourself just as the Lizalfo's beady eyes looked your way. Before the creature had a chance to blow a horn it had in its hand, you released your arrow. The arrow successfully reached its target but as the Lizalfo dropped to the floor, it managed to let out a cry that alerted every other monster of your presence.

"Wow, perfect hit," Link chuckled, unaware of what the Lizalfo had done before it had vanished in a puff of smoke. He eased up and looked at you with a grin. "You've seriously gotten better at archery."

"Well I had a good teacher," you nudged him playfully and put your bow away.

Link went to say some humorous remark but he paused as sounds of scurrying feet echoed through the corridors. "Do you hear that?" He asked, frowning as he looked left, where most of the noises seemed to be coming from. Growls and snarls soon accompanied the shuffling sounds, alerting him of what was nearing.

Instead of answering Link's question, you brought out your royal broadsword and kept a sharp eye on the corridors in front of you. Your fingers itched with suspense, and your grip on the sword's handle tightened when a mob of monsters began flooding into the wide-area. A mix of Bokoblin's, Lizalfo's, and insignificant Keese's began to crowd through the halls, each of them heading toward Link and you.

Link scowled at the revolting creatures and slashed the air, killing a few Keese's that attempted to harm you. "You take care of the Bokoblin's!" He yelled, battle instincts immediately kicking in, "I'll draw the Lizalfo's to me!"

To make most of the monsters turn his way, he began to wave his arms around frantically, leading them toward a batch of malice he had spotted just a few seconds earlier. As Link neared the bog, his sword started to hum in his hand. Perfect, he thought before swinging the weapon at the Lizalfo's that lunged toward him. With just one hit, the few monsters he struck were immobilised, and it would only take another hit to defeat them.

While Link drove his powerful sword through the fallen creatures, you did your part and worked on defeating the other half of monsters. You could handle Bokoblin's, but with Keese's constantly swooping in from all sides...the situation became somewhat overwhelming. Fortunately, the annoying creatures died with just a single strike.

Lifting your shield over your head, you parried another Keese's feeble attack and sent it flying away. From the corner of your eye, you could see the creature vanish in smoke, but your concentration soon went to a Bokoblin that charged at you with a spear in hand. The snorts it released made your lips curl as you bent your knees, waiting for the right moment to dodge.

When said moment was presented, you jumped to the right and swung your sword, hitting the monster's back just as it moved past you. The strike made the silver Bokoblin stumble to the ground, dropping its spear in the process. Hastily, you kicked the weapon away before it had the chance to grab it and pierced the monster with your sword.

As the Bokoblin's body turned purple, you drew your sword out and noticed damages in the blade. Having used the weapon frequently, it was bound to take all kinds of damage. However, you mainly worried if the blade would be able to handle the battle that was unfolding around you. Just a bit more, you concluded, whipping around to face the other monsters. You had another sword sheathed away, but you wouldn't resort to that weapon until it was truly needed.

After all, obtaining swords that could sustain constant use was hard. You only ever got new ones when Link and you found chests or when he acquired some in shrines. And as you thought about this, an idea popped into your head. Chest. Glancing to your left, you spot the untouched metal chest on the platform, waiting to be opened.

You smirked and sprung into action, using the last bits of strength your sword had to offer until it broke. But instead of reaching for the weapon on your back, you ran to platform while scavenging through your satchel.

Noticing your sudden sprint, Link looked away from the Lizalfo's he had defeated and panted. "What are you doing?!" He shouted, eyes widening when a spear was thrown his way. He ducked and then ran to the Bokoblin that had flung the weapon.

"My sword broke!" You yelled, not really answering his question. Hurriedly, you took out the Sheikah Slate from your satchel and activated the Magensis rune. Pointing the slate toward the metal chest caused a transparent magnet to form between your hands. The great deal of energy that came with activating this rune made your arms tickle as the magnet connected to the metal chest.

"Behind you!" Link warned when he saw a group of Bokoblin's run to the platform you stood on.

Setting your idea into action, you turned on your heel and swung the metal chest at the monsters before they had the opportunity to hurt you. The force they were hit with didn't exactly kill them, but you managed to send the Bokoblin's tumbling to the ground with grave injuries. You were momentarily proud of how well your plan had worked until more monstrous sounds could be heard.

"Link," you cautioned, letting the chest fall as you deactivated the rune.

Link's eyes shot toward the halls that echoed with noises. "Another wave of monsters," he frowned, looking down at the creatures he had barely finished defeating. He was about to let out a groan of frustration, but when his gaze moved to look at you, he spot a lightning bolt carved into the labyrinth's wall. He thought nothing of it at first, but as he rushed to your side, realisation struck him.

"Urbosa's Fury," Link gasped.

"What?" You gulped when the sounds started to get louder.

Instead of elaborating, Link put his sword away and pulled you into an embrace. "You still have the topaz earrings on, right?"

"Uh yes," you hesitated, "I haven't taken them off."

"Great. Let's hope they work," he said, holding you close just in case. Link had never used Urbosa's Fury, but he guessed it worked similarly to his other powers. All he had to do was concentrate. And to do that, he closed his eyes and harnessed the foreign ability.

As Link activated the electrical power, a large green hemisphere of light was created, engrossing several parts of the maze and the monsters within. Somehow, the boy was able to feel this massive radius of power, as well as the lighting that waited to be released. He opened his eyes, waiting for the monsters to enter the area he was in before snapping his fingers.

This simple action caused the spirit of Urbosa to show herself for a few seconds to release lightning over anything within the hemisphere, which included the monsters. As a result, all the creatures that had been electrically damaged vanished into smoke, leaving behind their weapons and a few other stuff.

When the green hemisphere disappeared, you slowly pulled away from Link's embrace and looked behind you. You looked over the swords and spears that were scattered across the ground. "So that's what your new power is," you said with a shocked tone. You then put a hand on your earring to feel it. "And you bought me these..."

"To protect you from the lightning," Link finished your sentence. "So as long as you keep them on, you shouldn't be harmed by Urbosa's Fury."

You dropped your hand and glanced at him, finding the meaning behind the earrings sweet and thoughtful of course. But you didn't dare think about what would've happened if you didn't have magical earrings protecting you from Urbosa's lightning. "That's a powerful ability you were given. Do you know how many times you can summon it?"

"Not really...maybe it can only be used once like Mipha's Grace, or three times like Daruk's Protection," he rubbed his chin before shaking his head. "But the important thing is that the power cleared the labyrinth and we don't have to worry about the monsters anymore."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that. The hemisphere stretched out pretty far, but for all we know some monsters managed to slip out the radius and survived," you snickered.

Link bit his bottom lip and looked away from you. "You're right...then we better get a move on," he said, hopping off the platform. He turned around and held out his hand, wanting you to take it. "Come on, I'll lead."

•••

After dealing with pools of malice again, Link and you found a set of stairs that led below the labyrinth and into a secluded room where rows of small light posts had been built. Not only did these posts conveniently brighten your path, but it also led you toward the labyrinth's blessing. "The shrine," you sighed in relief, hearing the Sheikah Slate chime.

Link looked down at the screen and smiled widely. "Shrine Quest complete," he read the words that appeared, feeling a sense of accomplishment wash over him as he hooked the slate to his belt.

You cupped your mouth and breathed out, warming your hands. "Well? Aren't you going to enter?" You giggled and hugged your cold body. Finding warmth in the clothes you wore (especially now that the temperature was low) was impossible, and the tip of your nose started to turn a bright red as a result. And if the light posts hadn't illuminated your face, Link wouldn't have noticed.

"Yes, but before that," your boyfriend began, taking small steps toward you. "We need to get you warm." Link smiled sweetly and rubbed your arms while looking around the open room. He nodded to himself and then opened your satchel, taking out several things without saying much. He placed a few pieces of wood on the ground and dug into his pouch, taking out a small piece of flint.

"What are you doing?" You asked, moving to his side.

"Isn't it obvious?" He teased, striking the flint and wood with his sword. Fire blossomed from the action and almost instantly the temperature of the room changed. Link extended his hands, humming in satisfaction before looking your way. "You should change now (Y/n)."

"I said I'd change when we reached the stables," you reminded him. You stepped closer to the bonfire and closed your eyes, engrossing yourself in the heat.

Link pressed his lips together and raised his hand to caress your cool cheek. His eyes never left your face as his fingers trailed down your neck in a feathery way. "Yes, but I don't think we'll be heading to the stables right now," he said, slipping his hand down your arm until he reached your hand.

"Why not?" You mumbled, fluttering your eyes open as Link touched your skin delicately.

"Because it's too cold," Link replied, noticing the goosebumps that spread over your skin. He chuckled under his breath and leaned down to press a soothing kiss on your shoulder. He then straightened himself and studied your flustered look with a cute grin. "We should spend the night here and head to the canyon pass tomorrow morning."

There was no hiding the fierce heat that rushed to your cheeks. You shyly met his sweet gaze and felt your shoulder tingle from the kiss. "Alright then. I'll change while you do the shrine," you said with a coy smile.

Content, Link pecked your cheek and jogged toward the shrine. It had been weeks since he had entered one so there was excitement embedding itself into his expression.

You turned to face him as he stepped onto the shrine's circular platform. Before he was lowered inside, you sent him a small wave and then exhaled happily. I better start changing, you thought, smiling to yourself as you took out your other set of clothes.

You weren't sure how long it would take Link to complete this shrine so you constantly looked at the platform while slipping into your trousers and Champion's Tunic. The change of clothes certainly came as a relief to you, and you felt more warm compared to the revealing attire you wore just minutes before. Sighing softly, you searched through your satchel and found a thin blanket, which you used to wrap around yourself.

You hugged the blanket close and sat down, welcoming the extra warmth the fire provided for you. As you scooted closer to the flames, you leaned your head back slowly and stared at the dark sky. Stargazing made time pass quickly, and before you knew it, Link was coming out of the shrine with something new in his hands.

"That's the fastest you've ever completed a shrine," you said, gradually moving your gaze from the night sky to Link. You smiled and gestured to the bandana be held. "What's that?"

"Well, I didn't have to do any type of puzzle. It was a blessing," Link explained, sitting beside you. He rested his back against the wall and held out the burgundy coloured bandana. "It's headgear. I thought it was nothing at first, but the Sheikah Slate has some information about it. It's infused with ancient technology that enhances core strength to improve climbing ability. The slate calls it the Climber's Bandana."

You took the small piece of clothing and studied it with fascinated eyes. "This small thing can help you climb better?" You asked rhetorically. "Amazing."

Link hummed and got a bit more comfortable in his sitting position. He looked at the blanket you had wrapped around your body and tugged the end of it. "Mind sharing?"

You looked over your shoulder and laughed lightly. "No," you said, moving the blanket so it covered both of you. To be cosier, you slid a bit down and rested your head against Link's chest. You then snaked an arm around his torso and peeked up at him, blushing when you saw his eyes already on you. "You don't mind this, right?"

"Nope," Link shook his head and moved his arms around your frame. He enjoyed the comfort that came with holding you. Having you so close made his overworked muscles relax. He rested his head against the wall and closed his eyes, occasionally rubbing your sides as he listened to the fire's crackling. Suddenly, a warmth he had yet to get familiar to brightened his cheeks when he felt your fingers go over his jawline and lips. Your touch was so soothing, he immediately leaned into it.

You giggled and continued tracing his features, finding little to no imperfections in his skin. You sighed, amazed by the fact that the hero of Hyrule was yours. The thought made you sit up and press a quick kiss on his heavenly soft lips.

Link's face flushed with surprise and when you pulled away he stared at you with a lopsided smile. "What was that for?" He asked with a red face.

"Hmm, no reason," you teased before burying your face into his chest again. You blushed and closed your eyes, taking in his warmth and the way he pulled you into a more protective embrace. You felt so safe in Link's hold, that the fatigue you had been ignoring for a while started to wash over you. Your body relaxed against the boy's and when Link noticed this, he slowly moved the blanket so it covered more of your body than his.

He also felt a subtle feeling of tiredness, but he wanted to make sure you were comfortable before falling asleep. "Goodnight beautiful," Link whispered as he watched you fall asleep. His lips formed small smile, and when he heard a barely audible snore come from you, he rested his head on yours and allowed himself to drift off as well.

Author Note: I owe you all an explanation as to why this chapter took so long to be published. During December, my entire family and I got COVID. I was very sick the first few weeks of the month, so I spent the entire time resting and trying to take care of myself. Then January rolled in and I was overwhelmed with the amount of homework I had not done due to being sick. So when I tested negative, I spent most of my time just trying to catch up on assignments and whatnot.

Fortunately, I managed to catch up and was finally able to start writing in the final week of January. But then my school put me in some college classes and so my schedule got all busy again. I'm really sorry it took so long to publish this chapter. Believe me, it wasn't my intention to leave it for nearly three months. It may take me longer to write the next few chapters due to school and everything, but I don't plan on abandoning this story. I love it too much to do that.

Also yes, I know that the treasure inside the labyrinth's shrine is the Barbarian armour, but I decided to change it to the Climbing Gear. Anywho, I hope you at least enjoyed reading this chapter :) AND THANK YOU GUYS FOR 100k READS! I was seriously stunned when I opened Wattpad and saw that. 🥺 You guys are amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 659 46
《COMPLETE》 - Note: this series is under ongoing editing - Before the Calamity, there were no troubles to face, no hardships, and no sacrifices that...
134K 2.1K 30
~This is a COMPLETED fan-made sequel to Breath of the Wild and Zelink fanfic~ It has been six months after the defeat of Calamity Ganon. Peace and re...
3.6K 210 12
What if Link was on the verge of death? Goddess Hylia opened up a portal when the hylian hero Link was close to dying at the hands of Calamity Ganon...
7.1K 268 56
Spoiler alert for this entire book! If you have not completed the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, this story will reveal the entire storyline of...