The Devil's touch

By Vlovers19

A coming of age romance fanfic. Taehyung's friend and neighbor since childhood Park Jimin is literally a devi... More

Prelude
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty two
Thirty three.
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty Six /Final Chapter/

Nineteen

1.3K 114 55
By Vlovers19

Two days later, a VIP couple landed at the resort. They were the Jung couple who were listed at number three in the top five most wealthiest families.

It was a hot afternoon when the Jungs arrived. The group were relaxing close to the swimming pool. Yoongi enclosed the bigger Jungkook in his arms and they were talking. Namjoon was with a girl who he seemed to be taking quite seriously. They were having a very serious discussion a little distance away while Taehyung and Jimin relaxed on a lounge chair. Taehyung's eyes were closed. He seemed to be taking a nap while Jimin's eyes kept drifting towards his direction restlessly.

They were all in this calm atmosphere when Hoseok walked in with two people behind him. A couple who were dressed simply but elegantly. The woman looked mature but beautiful with streaks of white in her bob cut hair. She was dressed in a cream colored gown and high pencil heels looking every bit like royalty. The older looking man was wearing a dark expensive tailored suit. His brand shoes glistening in the sun.

They smiled pleasantly when they came near flanked by heavily built body guards. The group widened their eyes as they saw them. Taehyung's eyes flung open upon hearing the mild commotion around him. He looked up and saw Hoseok smiling at him.

"Taehyung, these are my parents Mr and Mrs Jung" the other said instantly introducing them.

Taehyung stood up to greet the couple.

The woman smiled when she saw him.

"Aww...so handsome" she said. Mr Jung smiled approvingly while Taehyung blushed.

Jimin saw all these and scowled on the side not at all impressed with what he was seeing.

"These are his friends" Hoseok added, deliberately eyeing Jimin who just ignored him and planted a fake smile on his face to make himself appear more amiable to the Jungs.

The couple nodded.

"Namjoon... you're here" Mrs Jung exclaimed smiling as soon as she saw her nephew.

Namjoon came forward and bowed. "Good day Aunt"

The woman smiled. "I hope Hoseok is taking care of you guys"

Namjoon smiled. "Oh he is. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be"

"Don't say that. Besides you're family"

Namjoon nodded and peered at them. "But what are you both doing here?"

Mr Jung smiled. "It's the resort's ten year anniversary so we are coming here to celebrate it"

"We've invited lots of people to the dinner party we'll be throwing tomorrow night"

Mr Jung nodded. "We are so glad that we've come this far so we want to celebrate it. The event will be at the Jungs main hall. I hope you all will attend"

"Of course we will" Namjoon said brightly

They all looked excited except Jimin. Mrs Jung turned to Namjoon.

"Joonie, join us for dinner tonight okay?"

Hoseok cut in. "Mom, can I bring Taehyung along with me?"

The couple gave each other knowing looks. Taehyung noticed and immediately became embarrassed. "No... there's no need. I don't want to intrude" he said quickly

Mrs Jung grabbed his hand. "Not at all. You're not intruding dear. As long as Hoseok wants you with us for dinner, then you'll surely be there"

She suddenly coughed wearing a sly smile on her face. "Besides, you are a very important friend to my son. He talks about you all the time whenever he calls home. Consider yourself a part of our family as long as Hoseok has seen you that way"

Taehyung gulped. Only a fool wouldn't realize what was going on. Jimin scoffed and looked away. He couldn't bear to see this any longer.

Hoseok was smiling from ear to ear as he grabbed Taehyung's hand. "Come, I want to show you something" he said and practically dragged him along with him.

"See you later" Mrs Jung said to the others then she and her husband walked away, their body guards at their tow.

Jimin felt like punching something. Taehyung was meeting his 'future in laws'. The fact that they were so nice and humble despite being rich made him feel at odds with himself. He wanted to hate them but he couldn't and that made everything feel worse. They were perfect. They didn't seem to have a problem with their son showing interest towards another man. They were even ready to help him with his goal on getting Taehyung. Seeing this, he realized the gap between him and Hoseok was so big.

He tightened his fist feeling a mixture of so many emotions but then he felt someone's palm press against his shoulder. He looked up and saw Yoongi staring at him with pity in his eyes.

"This is bad dude..." He said shaking his head.

"Especially now that the parents are involved. They seem to like Taehyung"

Jimin smiled painfully. "Yeah, Taehyung seems to have that effect on people"

Yoongi nodded. "It looks that way. I can already see how it's going to go. They will talk to each other. Hoseok will make Taehyung get closer to his family. The two will begin to date. They will convince Taehyung's parents with their charms and their wealth. If Taehyung's parents disagrees, who cares. They will just elope together and live happily for the rest of their lives and adopt a pair of cute babies or puppies depending which one they choose. If gay marriage gets legalized, they'll immediately get married, grow old and die together"

He smiled. "You see, there's no space for you in Taehyung's life"

Jimin frowned at him. "Why are you rubbing it in?"

"The thing is if I had sat on my ass and stayed away from Jungkook just as he wanted, there would be no space in his life for me. Don't look at the wealth and the splendor of your rival and go for what you want. Those shouldn't deter you"

Jimin listened to him attentively. He had promised to change things and prove to everyone and to Taehyung that he deserves a shot to be with him and he was going to do that.

"Do you have a suit? Let's go shop for something to wear to the event tomorrow. It's going to be high class. We can't afford to look like the odd ones out"

"Don't worry, I'll go with Taehyung when he comes back"

"Then, we'll all go together"

But Taehyung returned to the hotel with a black Italian wool suit. The price tag was still on it and Jimin's eyes doubled in size when he saw it. 3000$ for a suit?

"I was so surprised. Hoseok hyung just took me to a shop and bought it for me. I didn't expect it" Taehyung said looking quite happy.

Jimin eyed both him and the suit. "You like it don't you"

"Of course I do"

"Here I was thinking we would go shopping for suits together" Jimin grumbled looking sad.

"Sorry Jimin"

"It's okay. I'll go with the others tomorrow"

Taehyung went with Namjoon and Hoseok to have dinner with the Jungs that night. They all had a nice conversation and the couple were quite taken with Taehyung. The next day, Jimin ended up going with the others for shopping.

The resort was packed with activities in preparation for the anniversary. Banners were placed at every strategic place. Towards the evening, people began to arrive and the entire resort lit up like a Christmas tree.

Jimin knocked on Taehyung's door but he was still busy dressing so he waited with the others at the lounge. While he was waiting, Hoseok suddenly appeared looking really good in his slim fitted red suit paired with a bow tie. He smirked at Jimin before passing him by. Jimin held back the urge to punch him in the face as he watched him.

Within a few minutes, Taehyung stepped out with Hoseok.

His hair was loose and curly. His suit fitted him very well and he looked like a model cut straight out from a magazine cover. He looked amazing. Jimin couldn't stop staring at him. He wasn't the only one. Several heads turned to stare at Taehyung with different emotions shining through their gazes.

"He looks great" Yoongi who was standing beside Jimin whispered and the latter couldn't agree more. Taehyung reached them and immediately locked eyes with Jimin. He blushed.

"Stop looking at me like that Jiminah"

"Like what?" Jimin said.

Taehyung didn't answer and only shook his head. Then stared at him intently
"You look good!"

Jimin was dressed in a black suit with a bow tie. He smiled smugly. "I always look good Tae"

Then he reached out his hands towards him.

"Let's go"

But Hoseok grabbed Taehyung's hand instead, interrupting the moment

"Sorry but Taehyung is my special guest" He smirked at Jimin as he caressed Taehyung's hand. Taehyung glanced at Jimin. He could see his fist clenching tightly. He didn't know why but it made him feel uncomfortable. He removed his hand from Hoseok's and stepped back.

"I'll be going to the car" He whispered and hurried away feeling goosebumps all over his skin.

Hoseok turned to Jimin as soon as the other was gone.

"Are you angry? Does it hurt you that Taehyung is always with me and not you?"

"You're trying to buy him with your money aren't you?"

"No... I'm only trying to let him see the advantages he could enjoy from being with me so he knows who to choose when the time comes"

He chuckled. "By the way, the time has come already. I hear you guys are leaving tomorrow so I only have today...."

He paused for a while before he continued again. "I'm going to confess today. I have planned it all. There is going to be a fireworks event and that's the perfect time to ask him to be my boyfriend... how is that?"

Jimin gritted his teeth unable to stand the pain clutching at his heart. "Shut your mouth!"

Hoseok simply laughed brushing his bangs out of his eyes.

"Such a pity" he whispered and left in the same direction as Taehyung.

The group all went to the venue. Jimin went with Yoongi and Jungkook seemingly in bad mood. He was so angry, he didn't want to talk to anyone. All he could think of was Hoseok's plan for Taehyung.

It was a ten minute drive from the hotel to the main hall. When they arrived, the scene was one of extreme wealth and splendor. Staring at the decorations and the flamboyantly dressed  men and women, made Jimin self aware of his own situation.

"It's okay brother" Yoongi whispered placing a hand on his shoulder to reassure him. It was almost like he sensed the tension within him.

They separated while Jimin used his eyes to search for Taehyung. It took a while but he finally found him seated in front with Hoseok and his family.

He felt another stabbing pain and turned around to get a drink. He saw a waiter passing by with tequilas and instantly grabbed two shots. Without thinking, he popped the stinging alcohol into his mouth. The effect took place within seconds but it wasn't enough to numb the heart ache.

He kept snatching more alcohol from the waiters passing by as he watched the procession with dizzy eyes until it was time for everyone to take to the dance floor. That was when he felt he had a chance.

Hoseok and Taehyung were getting up to dance when Jimin suddenly walked up to them, grabbing Taehyung's hand tightly and leading him away from Hoseok who stood there totally shocked and dumb founded

Jimin placed a hand on Taehyung's waist and held his other hand as they began to sway to the music

"Jimin, what are you doing? You're absolutely drunk" Taehyung whispered squeezing his face from having to inhale the strong unpleasant smell of alcohol.

"What's wrong Tae, I just want to dance"

Taehyung pinched his arm. "Everyone's looking at us"

Sure enough, there were the object of everyone's attention but Jimin just laughed looking at him in a daze.

"Then let them look! You're in my arms. That's all that matters"

Taehyung's heart pounded furiously. He thought he was regaining his senses but he was obviously wrong. Jimin was doing something to him. Something he couldn't quite understand yet.

His face reddened as Jimin got closer to him and joined their foreheads together. It was a beautiful moment. A pure moment. It was like they were the only ones left in the whole room. No one else mattered.

The dance was short. It came to an end and before Jimin knew what was happening, Hoseok had grabbed Taehyung's arm.

"Tae, please come with me" He said with a smile. Tae looked back at Jimin

"Don't go anywhere, I'll be back" he whispered and went with Hoseok.

They both left the main hall and walked towards a close by hill overlooking the resort. Taehyung felt apprehensive. Somehow, he had a feeling about what Hoseok would say. He wasn't that dumb. The gifts, the attention he kept showering on him. He knew the other wanted something but could he give him what he wanted?

"It's nice out here isn't it?" Hoseok began talking, looking anxious and squeezing his palms together.

"Yeah...it is. Why did you bring me out here?"

Hoseok looked deeply at him and gulped hard. "The thing is...I have something to confess to you"

Silence.

"Taehyung....I like you and I want us to date"

Taehyung's heart hammered in his chest. This was every queer's dream. To find a suitable partner ready to brave the storm with him. Hoseok was perfect. He was Charming, witty, extremely rich, came from a good family that fully supported his sexuality. He could give Taehyung a stable life. The kind of life his parents had always wanted for him but why was his heart still shaken? Why could he see someone else in his mind and not him?

He took a deep breath. He didn't want to hurt Hoseok but he also didn't want to give him false hope.

"Hoseok... thank you so much. I really appreciate what you have done for me. Truthfully, I had a splendid time with you but....I don't think I like you that well to be in a relationship with you..."

Hoseok suddenly cut in. "I can give you time to think carefully about this"

Taehyung widened his eyes in surprise.

"The thing is i don't want to loose you. I want you to give me a chance. Maybe after thinking it through, you might change your mind"

Taehyung was speechless. He stared at the desperation in Hoseok's eyes.

"I don't know..."

"You have the entire summer break to think about it. When you return, you can give me your answer then. I'll accept anything you tell me"

Taehyung had nothing to say so he remained quiet. Hoseok sighed heavily.

"I had planned so many things if you had indeed said yes to me but it's fine... there's still a little ray of hope"

Taehyung forced a smile.

"Let's get inside. It's cold out here"

Taehyung shook his head "No, I think I'll stay here for a while"

Hoseok simply nodded and walked back to the main hall. He was clearly not happy over his rejection. The only thing Taehyung could do for him was to think carefully. Perhaps, this confusion he was feeling presently will fade away and he could be able to make a decision.

After standing for quite a while outside, feeling the night air blowing around him, Taehyung decided it was time to return to the main hall. As he turned to leave, he collided into someone.

"Shit!" The person cursed as he stabled himself.

Taehyung was quite alarmed and leaned closer to the person to help him when he saw his face and was quite shocked.

"Jimin, what are you doing here?"

Jimin was still smelling faintly of alcohol. He smiled toothlessly.

"I followed you. I wanted to see what you were doing with that punk"

Taehyung shook his head and let out a little laugh "Hoseok? he's gone already"

Jimin nodded. "So...are you two dating now? Are you a couple now?"

His words sounded slurred due to the alcohol. Taehyung sighed. "No...he asked me out though but I refused. Besides, why do you even care?"

A faint smile appeared on Jimin's face.

Taehyung shrugged. He didn't want to think about what was going on in Jimin's head "Let's go back. It's cold here"

He started to leave when he felt a small grip on his hand. Taehyung turned and faced Jimin. He was looking at him with drunk hasy eyes but they were filled with gentleness, desire and another emotion Taehyung didn't dare recognize. He looked at him the way a person stared at a new gift, at something valuable.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He whispered.

Taehyung really thought he had gotten back his senses but it seemed he hadn't. When Jimin suddenly wrapped one hand around his waist and pulled him closer while staring deep into his eyes, Taehyung understood now, why he was having second thoughts. It was because of this person standing in front of him, this devil of a human who in a strange way had started to make a place for himself in his heart. This man who was the last person in the world he should be having such feelings for.

With one arm around his waist and the other stroking his cheeks lovingly, Jimin leaned further. With the moon light casting it's light through his eyes, he pressed his lips softly onto his own.

Fireworks exploded from far away displaying brilliant colors in the night sky but it didn't compare to the one going on a rampage inside Taehyung's heart as Jimin kissed him.

But then, his heart panged and his head felt heavy because it was at this moment that he felt it. He felt the spark. The same spark he had felt three years ago.

Thank you so much for reading. This long chapter is for you all. I promised an earlier update and I'm sorry for not keeping to my word. However, I'll upload the next chapter much earlier. Love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 15 24
College is another step up in life. High school days were now over and those years were hard but what happens in college? It will get harder right? T...
5.5K 318 38
THIS IS A BOY X BOY FANFIC Kim Taehyung has a great family,great friends and school... BUT There is one thing that he haven't discover and feel that...
271K 12.9K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...
62.6K 3K 29
[COMPLETED] Taehyung is the college bad boy, and he intimidates everyone. He's actually quite insecure, so he takes his feelings out on other people...