Childish

By Mintiyoon

How much love can a child handle? About how you, the cute reader, manages this abundance of attention. Haikyu... More

Moving Day
Pretty Cool
New Neighbours
First Day at School
It's always Lev๐Ÿ˜”
Some Pain :)
Bokuto's Time to Shine
Kaashi!Kaashi!Kaashi!Kaashi!
Special #1
Special #2
Exam Week Oh LorD-
The Start of TRAINING CAMP!
Nekoma's Little Manager
Finally, Some Time to Relax!
Spin The Bottle?
Karasuno Crumbs
Special #2.1
Special #2.2
End of Training Camp
We Love Some Filler
Special #4
The Commandments are Broken
A Lot Happened Maybe?
Hmmmggmm Title

New People

8.3K 355 280
By Mintiyoon

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

^That's Naru - my sugar, my sweet, my everything

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Kuroo immediately went over to talk to the other team and Kenma was going to trail after him but stopped seeing [name] cower behind him. He decided to take him to a further away bench instead and sat him down, beginning to play a game on his phone.

This was another thing Kenma liked about [name], the way he patiently sat and watched him play for however long. [name] on the other hand, was fascinated by the characters on the screen.

There was a commotion on the other side of the gym and [name] hesitantly glanced over. There was a mix of people who he knew and who he didn't know but they all seemed to be getting on well.

His cautious eyes scanned across the new faces. Kenma saw his eyes peeking out from under his fringe, "Want to say hello?" He asked. Immediately, [name] shook his head violently and grabbed onto Kenma's arm. This made him fumble and misplace his thumbs on the screen for a bit but he didn't say anything and let [name] continue to squeeze his arm for dear life.

From across the large space, golden eyes spotted something strange in the gym. A tiny human. Oh wait, it was a child. A child? Kuroo saw his friend looking over to where [name] was and gave a smug grin to him.

"I see you've spotted our little kitten over there," His smug smile widened, "Just so you know, he can recite the whole periodic table."

So maybe he was a bit too proud of that.

"HE'S SO CUTE!" Bokuto exclaimed. He pointed to [name] to show Akaashi. Sighing, the teen agreed.

Akaashi walked away from the chaotic duo towards Kenma who nodded as a greeting. He saw the little boy burrow himself into Kenma's side more and turn his head away. He concluded that this child was shy and so stayed a fair distance from him. He did have to admit, this kid was definitely adorable. He couldn't see his face yet but his mannerisms were to coo over.

"He can also receive serves!" Kuroo proudly told Bokuto.

"Bro he's so COOL! I WANT HIM!" Bokuto announced.

He ran over to where [name] was sitting, despite hearing Akaashi telling him to slow down from the side. He went onto his knees right before [name] and smiled to him. Unfortunately, [name] didn't see this as his face was buried in Kenma. He pouted a bit before extending a hand towards [name] and prodding his arm.

This made all the Nekoma team go feral. They ran over and dragged away Bokuto by his arms and got the tissues and towels out with the med kit.

Bokuto was swept up by the flow (and the Nekoma members) and he sat on the floor, spacing out. Akaashi observed the drama from the side as everyone knelt down and fussed over [name] who still hadn't separated from Kenma.

He looked over to Bokuto's lonely corner to see him trembling. "AGHASHEE! HE HATES MEEE!" He sobbed.

Akashi facepalmed at this and pretended that he hadn't heard.

The coaches rounded everyone up and put them into a game.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

[name] sat in his seat, his eyes held a gleam that was reserved for volleyball. Earlier, the managers from the other team had come over to say hi to him but he found that he couldn't say a word back and he went to a different bench away from them. He wished he wasn't like this. If he was a bit more like Haru, he would be able to do anything.

He looked down for a moment to his shoes and dangled them in front of him for a bit, but his head snapped back up when he heard his name shouted out. His eyes widened as he saw a ball heading towards him in full speed. He moved his arms up to make an X in front of his face and clenched his eyes shut.

However, he didn't feel the impact and he opened one eye to see what had happened. He saw one of the members of the other team standing in front of him with his arm out to the direction the ball used to be in.

[name]'s breath got caught in his throat from the sight.

The person's magnetic blueish eyes looked back at him and he stared back, not averting his eyes.

"Are you ok?" Akaashi asked the stunned boy.

Unable to say anything, [name] nodded slightly. And then came Yaku in the middle of them, holding a few ice packs and tissues.

[name] craned his neck to see the person who had helped him and his eyes followed Akaashi's back as he walked away.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

The teams were having a short break and [name] decided to give out water bottles to some of the Nekoma members since he was made their manager a while back.

Yamamoto's eyes became 3 times their original size as he saw this, "That's right! We also have a manager now!" He showed [name] off to the Fukurodani team. They all watched as he offered a water bottle to Yaku who patted his head in return. [name]'s cheeks flushed a healthy pink which made everyone clutch their own hearts.

[name] glanced over to Akaashi who didn't seem to have any water at the moment. He looked down to his own hands which held a full bottle. He breathed heavily a few times, closing his eyes and looked back up with determination clouding them.

He took small steps to Akaashi and stopped behind him. He froze in his position, his mind going blank. He debated saying something to catch his attention but every time he opened his mouth, he lost the ability to formulate words.

Meanwhile, Akaashi had noticed a small figure behind him and was facing him. It was [name] who didn't see him this time. Akaashi decided to break the silence, "Do you need anything?"

[name] flinched at his voice and looked up to see him staring right back. He looked down to the bottle in his hands and tried to make a sentence up in his mind. He opened up his mouth to speak and forgot how to. So he drew in a breath and closed it back up, his cheeks puffed up cutely.

Somewhere inside Akaashi's heart, he felt a cry of anguish at the wholesome image. But on the outside he remained impassive since he didn't know how to act with this kid.

[name] tightened his hold on the bottle and finally held it out towards Akaashi, refusing to look up at his face.

Akaashi saw this gesture and realised what he was trying to do. His features softened and he reached out to take it from him. From his peripheral view, [name] saw his large hand getting closer and tensed up. Akaashi gently plucked the bottle from his grip and thanked him.

But as he looked at the child that still looked down to his own hands, he felt slightly unsatisfied.

So he bent down a little and reached out to [name] again.

[name] saw him moving but kept his head down still, he wondered what he was doing. He got his answer soon enough as he felt a large, warm hand rest on his head and mess his hair a bit.

His eyes widened and he could feel his face heating up madly. His heart thundered loudly, not ceasing even after the warmth disappeared from his head. He touched the same spot Akaashi had and held his hands out in front of him to look at them.

He furrowed his eyebrows and went over to Kuroo to get a head pat. Though confused, Kuroo still gladly gave it to him. It was nice but...

[name] pouted in disappointment.

It wasn't the same.

How come Kuroo's head pat felt different form Akaashi's?

Why didn't the tingles happen again?

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

ahahahaHAHAAHAHAH I DID WHAT I DID!

Can you see what's going on with [name]?

Also, he's actively trying to become more confident🥺

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.8K 3.8K 57
- ๐ค๐จ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐š ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ -y/n only has a few months living in Japan until she moves with her parents to England. She cr...
31.9K 1.3K 25
[Timeskip!Haikyuu x Male Reader] You thought being an adult wouldn't be too hard, but boy were you wrong. Your adult friends have adult problems, and...
84K 3.1K 29
A chatfic ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป