The Dark Pillar

By DemonLordDragonis

" A voice called out to me , Kill them all ... Kill every single demon that plagues this world . " a young bo... More

The Dark Blade
Final Selection Part 2
Bio
Crows Misfortune
Breath of Dark
Breath of Chaos
Dark Pillar
It begins
Human or Devil
Author note
Consequence
Temporary Owner ?
" I Am the Storm !"
Hitting 1 K reads + Announcement
Devil's arm?
Devils
New cover in the works
Upper moons / Akiko's sword training
A New Member/ Darkness
Underworld
Return
Hatred or Something Else..
Douma
Special
Change of The Guard
#1 in Kimestunoyaiba
Trial
Training ( Somewhat ?)
Mugen Train Part 1
Mugen Train Part II
Mugen Train Part III
Special II
Dark and Sound // Upper Six
Offer
Trial // Drastic Measures
Akiko's Mission// Dark Slayer
2 years is nothing.
number 1 in kochoushinobu
The Beginning of The Hashira Training
Calm Before the Storm
It Begins.
Nero vs Akaza / That was quick?
Dimensional Battle / The End draws Closer
Dealing with the Devils
Character Images ( OC )
Major Changes to Dark Pillar Story !

The Training / Final Selection Part 1

4.4K 57 10
By DemonLordDragonis

Nero's POV

It's been several days since I started training to be a Demonslayer, to my understanding I only have a few days left till Final Selection. So I don't have time to learn a breathing style in time , but under the tutelage of a man named Crow . " YOu only have a few days left, Nero , going through proper sword training is the best way for you to at least survive Final Selection. He said as he held his sword with his right hand. Crow was a man in his late 60's, withblack hair slowly changing to grey hair he was wearing a torn cloth over his demon slayer uniform , however i noticed that his left arm was gone meaning that he lost it during a mission or something else happened.He was a high ranking one at that that was called the night pillar he used a breathing style called night breathing . A style that uses one hand on the sword . I can only recall the 2 forms he used .

First form : Guillotine and second form: Eternal

Guillotine is just a basic downward slash with enough force to crack the surrounding area in a crater. Eternal is a quick strike with him returning his sword in its sheath and in a flash drawing the sword slashing at the target in several directions.

I've been training under him for 2 weeks now , Kaga- I mean Oyakata Sama told me everything about the slayer Corps , seeing as how they're not recognized by the government as official and it's sole purpose is to Destroy the demon named Muzan Kibutsuji. However from what he told me about the demons , they never traveled in packs before. This sudden development involving the demons made him worry about the survival of the human race. I Continued to train under Crow until Final Selection . I read bits and pieces of the scroll given to me by him about Yamato. The Sword was given to the Demon Slayers Corps by a Foreigner , demons killed by the sword aren't disintegrated but instead absorbed making the blade more durable and stronger. However the sword chooses who wields it. Crow also told me a bit of knowledge he has about the sword , Yamato must have been held onto by people who had one driving force " Power. ". I Trained to give payback to those demons that killed my friend and those in the village I lived in . " Nero, Yamato was given to us to use for the sole purpose of killing demons . " Crow said as he kept swinging his sword at me . I can only block his attacks as I was being pushed back against a tree. " Use my Power Nero.... Time to show this human ... the power I can give you." a voice called out , swinging his blade down towards me . Our blades crossed him being older and much stronger than me towered over me . Using his height to his advantage pressed me against the tree , causing it to break. " You need to get stronger Nero, learn from this battle ." he said as the tree behind me began to break. Me being on the short end , was using both hands on Yamato to try and force him back. " Nero , use my power ... " the sword began to glow blue , I felt the same presence from before in the cave . I looked at him and said in a more demonic tone " Time to end this.." I pushed him back and returned my sword to the sheath and got in a pose . Crow held his sword up, being on guard for what's about to come. I Pulled the sword out with all my might, and in a flash several slashes approached him. Crow swords blocked so many before pushing him back shattering his sword in the process. He looked at me and smiled and said " You did it Nero. " as he crashed into another tree, forcing the tree to fall over crashing into another. I was breathing very heavily , because that was the first time I did something like that . " Sensei, was that a breathing technique ? " I asked as I stood up. " No , Nero, that right there was the strength of the Yamato , a power you need to learn to control and keep in check at all times. " He said as he struggled to get up , I looked at Yamato as the blue light faded from the blade. " So ... Do you think i can do it ?" I asked as he finally got up from the tree and said " I think you can become much more than any slayer Nero. " I smiled at his compliment , I can go farther than any slayer . " But you need to control it as I said before , for now you can survive going to the Final Selection in a few days which you need to prepare for . " he said as he looked at his shattered Blade. I sheathed Yamato and bowed in respect for his help in this short amount of training. " Go to Mount Fujikasane, that is where the Final Selection will be held . " he said , without a second thought I went to prepare for the journey there. Bringing any necessities , food, water. " Nero,  Here take this ." Crow said as he hands me a Haori ." Isn't this ? " Crow nodded and said " this was the Haori I once wore as the Night Pillar , before I retired. " I looked at the Haori and was somewhat skeptical about wearing something as important as this " Crow I don't know if- " I was about to say something until i was interrupted by him , " I'm giving this to you." he said as he looked at me , held my hands out and he placed it on my hands . " The Night Pillar was only a part of something much bigger , you need to be bigger than that Nero. " I was thankful for this Gift. , but still skeptical about wearing it during Final Selection.

As I finished getting ready, I looked at Crow whose kneeling by a grave it looked like . " Sensei ?" I said , he didn't respond. I begun to approach him from behind , I overlooked the grave it had a name engraved on it

    -V-

With all that it said on the gravestone , I kneeled down next to him and began to pray . Sensei took notice of this and he said " Thank you, Nero.. " I only continued to pray until I finished and said " Time to go . " I bowed one last time as did he and began making my way to the Final Selection.

No one's POV

Nero left Crow's hut which protected the Wisteria barrier circling the area. As Nero continued he had 3 days left to make it in time for Final Selection. He was 2 days away so he would be there early. Once Nero was out of sight , Crow fell down on one knee and began coughing . Blood was coming out of his mouth, he only smiled and said " Nero... Seems i won't be here when you come back . .." he coughed again as more blood was coming out. He tried to stand up with all his strength and said " He will be the strongest demon slayer this Era has to offer. " he begun to make his way back to his hut ," Oyakata- Sama , his foresight has always been spot on from time to time ... " he said as he enters and closes his door behind him . Nero walking notices he is close to a town, and with his age being that of a 16 years olds with only a few days worth of training. " I could go around town , just so that I don't have to hide Yamato and I won't draw unwanted attention. " he said to himself. Looking at the sun, " It's about mid day , i think that's the best Idea I can do ." he said as he began making his way around the town .

After a long walk around town , trying to avoid any unneeded attention , and running in some small demons , Yamato absorbs the bodies of those demons. Nero stopped at the foot of the hill and he noticed some wisteria Flowers Circling the area . " This must be it then , just like I said ' Two days walk, arriving a day early. " he said as he began to walk up the stairs to the area where it will be held. After a few minutes he arrives at the top , going through some heavy breathing " How long did it take for me to get up here ?" he asked himself , as he was gasping for breath " it would have taken about 15 minutes to get up here." said a voice. He looked up and he made eye contact with a girl with black hair and pale purple eyes , dressed in a pale pink Kimono with a light flower pattern; her most noticeable feature was twin butterfly ornaments on the side of her head. " Wait... don't tell me .... " Trying to finish his sentence Nero stopped mid way as he reached into his bag and grabbed his bottle of water. " I've actually been here for a while now , waiting for Final Selection to start. '' Nero looked at the girl confused " How long is a while ?" after he finished his bottle of water. " Ummmm, I think 3 days now . They told me that I need to wait for a few more people because it could be dangerous if I go in by myself." said the girl . He looked towards the down towards the bottom and he notices several more people coming in. " They're making it look easy ?" he said as they casually walk up the stairs . " Thats because their using their breathing techniques to help them ." she said. Looking more surprised by what she just asked " Wait so , the breathing technique can be used this way too ?" she nodded and replied " it's common knowledge , you didn't do your breathing technique ? " she asked . He Shook his head " No, I'm a bit of a special case here . " as he places his hand on Yamato. " By the way I never got your name, My name is Nero ." She looked at Yamato and then him and she smiled and replied " My name is Kanae Kocho , who trained you ?" Nero smiled and said " A man named the Crow trained me on how to wield a sword, but i was last minute decision because I was rushed in my training . " hearing him say that Kanae looked at him confused and asked " The Former Night Pillar , I heard from my master he was very Strict on who he trains ." when the others arrived Nero only answered " Like i said I'm somewhat of a special case here." Shortly after Two people begun making there way to an alter it looked like Twins . " Hello , Welcome to Final Selection ." one said , the other picked off where she left off " To join the demon Slayer Corps , the task is quite simple ." the other one talked again " You must survive seven days on the mountain and kill any demon that crosses your path. " Some of those that showed up , sounded cocky about surviving the seven days and give him his nichirin blade. " People really don't get it ." Nero said as he held Yamato , Kanae responds " Everyone has there reasons for join the corps , but if their really selfish like that then .. " The twins continued explaining the Rules to Final Selection. " Once the Seven days are over ." You must return here so we can count on how many survived the Nights."

Yamato , begun to glow with in the sheath , Nero tried to hide it "What's the hell ?" he whispered. Kanae took notice of this, but didn't ask any questions. " Now that all the rules have been explained , please begin making your way up the mountain. " they both said . Nero got chills  and whispered to Kanae " Twins saying the same thing at the same time is Scary as Hell . " She only chuckled at what he said . Upon going up the mountain, Yamato kept glowing brighter and brighter . " What the hell is going on ?" he tried to hide the bright light, Kanae asked " What's wrong with your sword?" Nero sighing in defeat at his sword and replied " I honestly don't know , I only had this sword for a few weeks ." Several swordsman begun running up the mountain , trying to go and slay some demons. " Move it !" said one of the swordsman, shoving Kanae to the side. Nero grabbed her hand and said to the swordsman running up the mountain " Hey man ! Slow down, this is a test that were taking for SEVEN days if your in a rush to die then do it somewhere else ." as he helps Kanae up to her feet . " Thank you , Nero . " she said , The swordsman trying to rush this looked down towards Nero and said " Theirs's a rule in this world The Weak Die and the Strong Survive . " He points at Nero and yelled to every other swordsman " If your afraid of death take your leave now , your all just dead weight!" Nero just stared at the Cocky Swordsman " If your strong then , prove it to us all who have our own reasons . " he said , the swordsman lowered his hand and listen to what Nero had to say " Kill as many demons as possible , on the seventh day we'll compare how many lives we took . " The Swordsman Smiled and replied " Alright , Your on then if I win I get that sword then ." Nero only nodded his head . Kanae looked at Nero with concern , everyone returned to making their way up the mountain . When Night fell upon the mountain , the Cocky Swordsman the swordsman went charging in first . Nero was about to go charging in until Kanae grabbed his arm and whispered " Nero, you and I both know it's not worth it now ,we all have a slim chance at survival these next seven days . " Nero knew she was right , but he wasn't going to let some cocky swordsman berates his fellow swordsman. " I know , but look everyone that came here has a reason to join the Corps , what's yours Kanae ?" he asked her. Surprised by his question , Kanae stared into his Red Eyes and her reply was " To save those who suffered like me and my sister ." Nero walking through the barrier of wisteria trees he arrived at the site of Several Demons slowly disintegrating before him. " I already nabbed seven kills better hurry up ." said the cocky swordsman when he placed his blade over his shoulder. Nero taking small breaths , only looked at the man and held Yamato up and pushed the hilt up with his thumb. " Time to go Demon Hunting." he said . Kanae pulled her sword out and only followed him, everyone else went their own way hoping to survive the coming days .

<6 days later>

Nero and Kanae remained together since the start of this test, Nero taking slow breaths still was starting to get wobbly. " Nero why don't we sit down take a break ?" Kanae suggested , he only nodded and sat down . " Thank... You... For... Helping me ..." he said while trying to draw breaths with each word. She shook her head and replied " No , it's fine we got each others back , even though we known each other for 6 days hehehe." Putting his arm on his knee . " I think my kill count is 78 for demons ..." he said as his breathing is slowly returning to normal. " Didn't I tell you not to worry, about that stupid game ." Kanae said in Stern tone. Nero only giggled and laughed " I know but i'm enjoying this because i know something about Yamato that not other swords do ." He tried handing the sword to Kanae , she looked at the sword " What are you doing ?" in a confused tone , he gestured the sword closer " Try holding on to it ." he said . She looked at him and replied "We' re in Day 6 of this Selection and you want me to take your only weapon?!" her loud tone , attracted several demons to there location ." Opps ..." she said while covering her mouth. " Well, break times over. " He said as he stands up and offering his hand to help Kanae up. " You'll see the trick tomorrow then." he turns around pointing his sword at one group come charging in . Regaining her composer , she turns around and points at the smaller group of demons " Just remember , I have your back and you have mine." They both charged in at their respective groups. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter two of the dark pillar : again please Tell me what you all think : Keep Rude Comments to yourself .

EVERYTHING BELONGS TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 93 11
A demon slayer fanfiction. [Nezuko x male reader] The darkness was your world. You lost everything so you became a demon slayer in order to prevent...
31.4K 1.2K 12
To be reborn into a world where demons rule the night is unfair and just plain unlucky (not that I had much luck to begin with). There's nothing I ca...
199K 3.4K 40
this contains manga spoilers so if you haven't read it, go read it :>> Giichi Tomioka, a young boy who falls in love with a high school girl, S...
37.7K 373 28
WARNING! THIS FANFIC HAS SPOILERS FROM THE MANGA! WARNING!! YN= Your name I will somewhat follow the main story of demon slayer?? Muzan and the othe...