Moonsun Oneshots

By byuliess

Just a few stories that I never wanted to write a full version of. Mostly angst so... might wanna brace yours... More

Resentment
Let Me Go
Tell Me You Love Me
Insecurities
Blues
In Your Eyes
I Won
Parents
See You Soon
The Club
Fatigue
Our Forever(?)

Beautiful

3.1K 52 11
By byuliess

"Byul, what do you think?" Yongsun turned around wearing a simple silver necklace with a small diamond as a pendant. Byulyi scratched the back of her head while blushing, she just couldn't believe that someone could look that beautiful wearing something so simple.

"I-It's beautiful..."

"Are you looking at me or the necklace?" Yongsun chuckled.

"W-Well-"

"I'm just joking." She gently pushed Byulyi's arm. "You're so cute. So I'm guessing it's not pretty enough?"

"No, it is!" Byulyi smiled. "It looks great on you. How much is it?"

"$1,149."

"Damn." Byulyi cleared her throat. "Take it off. It's too expensive."

"But-"

"It's too much." Yongsun sighed and turned around.

"Take it off for me." Byulyi complied, shakily unclasping it and gently pulling it off her neck.

"Keep looking. I'm sure you'll find something nice."

"I actually want to try on some clothes that I found."

"Go ahead, I'll be outside the fitting room." Yongsun smiled.

"Thank you, Byul."

She lied. She wasn't waiting outside the fitting room. That was why Yongsun was confused when she went out to show her a pretty dress she found. She wasn't there.

Instead, she was buying the necklace for Yongsun. It didn't matter how much it costs. She had a lot of money anyway. Even Yongsun couldn't compare.

Simply putting the box in her bag, she went to the front of the fitting room like she said she would be, seeing a confused Yongsun who was obviously looking for her.

"Where were you?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Bathroom. I had to leave the store."

"Hm. Fair." Byulyi let out a sigh of relief. "You're not lying to me, are you?" She shook her head.

It was hard to lie to her. To say she would do anything and everything for her is an understatement. She just loved her that much.

But maybe a little too much.

Wheein sighed, handing the necklace back to Byulyi.

"You're too much, you know? That's more than a thousand."

"She wanted it."

"So what?"

"So I bought it. It's not like I don't have a lot of money." Byulyi chuckled. "I could buy her a whole house if she asked for one."

"The problem is that you would."

"Exactly. You know me so well." Byulyi opened a beer can and sat down on a couch. Wheein took it away from her and set it down on the table. "What-"

"You need to stop." She scoffed.

"Why should I?"

"She's getting married in two months, Unnie. And not to you. When will you understand that?"

"Probably never."

"She doesn't even know that you like her."

"She does... probably." Wheein rolled her eyes. "She just doesn't want to stay away from me, I guess. Sometimes she chooses to hang out with me instead of her fiancé."

"So you think you have a chance?"

"Of course not." She smiled. "I just don't want to lose what I already have. We already act like a fucking couple so I'm just gonna keep it that way."

"And what are you going to do once she gets married?"

"Oh well."

"That's not a good answer. Your world revolves around her. You can't do anything once she's married."

"I'll figure it out once it happens, okay?"

"If you drink every time you get home from hanging out with her now, how are you going to be when you can't hang out with her anymore?" Byulyi didn't reply. Instead, she picked up the can again and started drinking. "God, you're fucking hopeless."

"I know, Wheein. I know." She sighed.

"Congrats, Unnie!" Hyejin smiled, giving Yongsun a big hug.

"Thank you!"

"I bet you're excited for your married life." Wheein chuckled. "What are your plans?"

"Well... he wants to go travel the world for now." She smiled. "He actually got me to say yes to traveling." She chuckled.

"Beautiful." Byulyi watched her from afar, leaning against the railing, holding a glass of champagne.

"Where are you planning to go first?" Hyejin asked.

"Singapore, probably. And I think kids may join the picture after the traveling."

"Wow. Have fun with that." Wheein chuckled.

"It's a little scary if you ask me." She shuddered, glancing at Byulyi who looked away once she looked at her. "Hold on. I'm gonna go talk to Byul."

Byulyi turned around, laying her arms on the railing and looking out at the night sky.

"Hey." Yongsun stood next to her. "I haven't seen you the entire reception."

"You left your husband inside?"

"Mhm. I said I wanted to be with my friends for a little bit."

"Surprised he let you."

"He's a very flexible man." Yongsun smiled. "What have you been doing out here?"

"Thinking about life."

"During my wedding?"

"I was present at your wedding. I just wanted to stand out here during the reception."

"You know, Wheein told me that you've been drinking more than usual recently. Maybe you should... put that down."

"I'm not drunk."

"You should watch your alcohol intake."

"Maybe I should." She swished the drink around in the glass. It was silent for a second, it was almost awkward, which is something they've never felt while together. "Congratulations. I forgot to tell you that."

"Thanks." Again, it was silent. Painfully silent. It was almost suffocating, Byulyi just had to break it.

"I have to give you something. I meant to give it a while ago but I never got the chance to. Consider it a... wedding gift." She pulled the box out of her pocket and handed it to her.

"What is this?"

"Open it." She opened it, gasping once she realized what it was.

"The-"

"You wanted it." Byulyi smiled.

"Byul, I... I don't know what to say."

"Want me to put it on you?"

"Please." She turned around, and Byulyi wrapped it around her neck.

"It's pretty. It suits you."

"This is a lot though... it cost around a thousand dollars."

"Eh, it's okay. You know I'd do anything for you." Yongsun smiled.

"Thank you, Byul." They looked at each other.

"You... you should probably get back to your husband." Yongsun cleared her throat.

"I should. Thank you again for the necklace."

"Yeah."

"Byul."

"Hm?"

"Don't get mad at me."

"Why-?" Yongsun leaned forward and swiftly put her lips on her's. Byulyi touched her lips, trying to process what just happened.

"Bye, Byulyi." She smiled sadly, turning around.

Byulyi reached out for her, grabbing her arm and pulling her into another kiss. Unlike the first kiss, it was longer, sweeter, better... it was almost like Yongsun chose to stay with her.

But that was the thing.

She didn't.

Because once she turned around to walk away from her, Byulyi never grabbed her arm and kissed her.

She was too late.

Once she turned around and reached out for her, realizing that she never told her she loved her, realizing that she didn't want her to go, Yongsun was already gone.

But what could Byulyi do? She's married. Even if that was her last chance, she probably would've gone back to her husband in the end.

Byulyi walked back inside and saw the love of her life smiling and laughing while shoving cake into her husband's mouth.

"She's so beautiful..." Byulyi cracked a smile while a tear ran down her face. She imagined herself sitting in Yongsun's husband's chair, being the person Yongsun was laughing and smiling with. But it wasn't her, it could never be her.

But she couldn't be upset about it either. Seeing the way he made her smile...

She was almost glad that she chose him instead of her.

THE END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 38 7
Short stories, one shots, smut, etc (18+) WARNING ⚠ 🔞 ⚠ - Bottom Ryujin🔻 with Top other idols [ mostly Itzy ]🔺 if you are uncomfortable please...
536 6 5
Pretty self-explanatory from the title! I will be uploading a warning sheet/CW on each individual shot so you can skip as needed :) MOSTLY : Smut, r...
180K 3.8K 19
Oneshots about Keith!! Will mostly contain angst but I might add fluff if the mood strikes me.
347K 5.6K 131
TXT and ENHYPEN imagines! It'll be based on how I'm feeling and what I want to write and whatever. Contains Fluff,angst,and some murders. Anyways HA...