Beautiful

"Byul, what do you think?" Yongsun turned around wearing a simple silver necklace with a small diamond as a pendant. Byulyi scratched the back of her head while blushing, she just couldn't believe that someone could look that beautiful wearing something so simple.

"I-It's beautiful..."

"Are you looking at me or the necklace?" Yongsun chuckled.

"W-Well-"

"I'm just joking." She gently pushed Byulyi's arm. "You're so cute. So I'm guessing it's not pretty enough?"

"No, it is!" Byulyi smiled. "It looks great on you. How much is it?"

"$1,149."

"Damn." Byulyi cleared her throat. "Take it off. It's too expensive."

"But-"

"It's too much." Yongsun sighed and turned around.

"Take it off for me." Byulyi complied, shakily unclasping it and gently pulling it off her neck.

"Keep looking. I'm sure you'll find something nice."

"I actually want to try on some clothes that I found."

"Go ahead, I'll be outside the fitting room." Yongsun smiled.

"Thank you, Byul."

She lied. She wasn't waiting outside the fitting room. That was why Yongsun was confused when she went out to show her a pretty dress she found. She wasn't there.

Instead, she was buying the necklace for Yongsun. It didn't matter how much it costs. She had a lot of money anyway. Even Yongsun couldn't compare.

Simply putting the box in her bag, she went to the front of the fitting room like she said she would be, seeing a confused Yongsun who was obviously looking for her.

"Where were you?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Bathroom. I had to leave the store."

"Hm. Fair." Byulyi let out a sigh of relief. "You're not lying to me, are you?" She shook her head.

It was hard to lie to her. To say she would do anything and everything for her is an understatement. She just loved her that much.

But maybe a little too much.

Wheein sighed, handing the necklace back to Byulyi.

"You're too much, you know? That's more than a thousand."

"She wanted it."

"So what?"

"So I bought it. It's not like I don't have a lot of money." Byulyi chuckled. "I could buy her a whole house if she asked for one."

"The problem is that you would."

"Exactly. You know me so well." Byulyi opened a beer can and sat down on a couch. Wheein took it away from her and set it down on the table. "What-"

"You need to stop." She scoffed.

"Why should I?"

"She's getting married in two months, Unnie. And not to you. When will you understand that?"

"Probably never."

"She doesn't even know that you like her."

"She does... probably." Wheein rolled her eyes. "She just doesn't want to stay away from me, I guess. Sometimes she chooses to hang out with me instead of her fiancé."

"So you think you have a chance?"

"Of course not." She smiled. "I just don't want to lose what I already have. We already act like a fucking couple so I'm just gonna keep it that way."