Parents

"So... I'm still meeting your parents tomorrow?" Yongsun asked, looking up at Byulyi while laying on her chest.

"Of course, babe. That was never cancelled."

"Okay." Yongsun sighed, slightly pouting.

"Why?" Byulyi tilted her head, running her fingers through Yongsun's hair.

"Well... I'm just scared. Your mom's really protective over you s-so what if she doesn't like me?" Byulyi scoffed, chuckling at her girlfriend. "What's so funny? I'm serious, Byul."

"You're worried that she might not like you? Yes, she is protective but not to the point that she'll dislike the person I'm dating."

"Really?"

"Mm, trust me on that, Yong." She kissed the top of her head. "Now go to sleep. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

"Right." Yongsun sighed. "Goodnight."

"Night baby. Love you."

"Love you too."

Byulyi's mother looked at Yongsun's hand which was out for her to shake but didn't shake it.

"Mom-"

"So, this is... the girl?" She raised her eyebrow. Yongsun slowly retracted her hand, looking away in embarrassment. Once Byulyi sensed how tense she was, she took her hand and held it tightly.

"Yeah, this is Yongsun, my girlfriend." She smiled proudly.

Byulyi's mother scanned her up and down. Yongsun felt so tense and shy that she ended up hiding behind Byulyi.

"Babe." Byulyi whispered, noticing the tension and tightening her grip on her hand.

"Byul, can I talk to you for a moment?" Her mother asked. Byulyi glanced at Yongsun, then back at her mother.

"What is it?"

"In private."

"It's okay, Byul. I can just wait outside." Byulyi sighed.

"What do you even need to tell me?" Her mother sighed, crossing her arms.

"What happened to Wheein?"

"What?" Byulyi raised her eyebrow. "I never dated Wheein nor did we ever like each other- what are you talking about?"

"I liked her. She was so sweet, kind, and pretty."

"Yong is too. And what makes her better is that I love her."

"I like Wheein more."

"Mom!"

"You two didn't even like each other back then. Didn't you dislike my daughter, Yongsun?"

"I-I-"

"Mom, don't ask her these kinds of questions. It was all in the past-"

"Didn't you constantly fight with her to the point that you two would hit each other?"

Yongsun's mouth felt dry. She had a feeling that her first meeting with Byulyi's mother wouldn't be good but she didn't think it would be this bad. The pressure was building up and the embarrassment was overwhelming. In the end, she felt like crying but tried to conceal it so that she wouldn't embarrass herself more. The more Byulyi's mom said, the more she loosened her grip on Byulyi's hand.

"Mom, stop."

"What can you give my daughter that she doesn't already have?"

"Mom."

"What's so special about you? From what I hear, you cause more pain than pleasure-"

"Mom!" Yongsun completely let go of Byulyi's hand, fidgeting with her fingers with her head hung low, making sure that no one could see how pathetic she looked at the moment. "Yong." Byulyi glanced at her girlfriend once she let go of her. Glaring back at her mother, she grabbed her arm and walked out the door.

She opened the car door for her, but Yongsun couldn't even look at her. She felt ashamed.

The car ride back to their apartment was silent. Even if Byulyi wanted to say something, she knew Yongsun needed space.

Once Byulyi closed the door, she immediately wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, putting her head onto her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "I didn't think that would happen."

Tired of keeping it all in, Yongsun gave in and broke down in tears.

"Y-You said she'd love me..." She sobbed onto her shoulder.

"I know, I'm sorry. You won't see her again for a while..." Byulyi sighed. "This won't change anything, Yong. I'm still going to love you."

"W-Without your Mom's support?"

"I don't need anyone's support to love you, Yong." She smiled softly.

A Few Months Later

"Huh. So you already bought a ring?" Byulyi gulped.

"Y-Yes Sir." Yongsun's father raised his eyebrow.

"May I see it at least?" She nodded, taking a ring box out of her hand and opening it. He grabbed her hand, wrapping his fingers around it tightly. She bit her lip, trying not to react. "You better treat my daughter right. Or else..." He squeezed her hand even tighter, smiling sinisterly. "Well, I'm sure you can already guess what comes next, don't you, Moon?"

"Y-Yes Sir." She slid her hand out of his grasp, quietly gasping while shaking the pain off of her hand.

Although Yongsun's mother loved her, her father never liked her, and she was aware. Whenever they talked, it felt like he was going to kill her, and today wasn't an exception. She wasn't scared, she was just anxious. She didn't want Yongsun's father to hate her forever.

After the Wedding

Byulyi smiled, putting her arm around her wife. She glanced at Yongsun's father, who was giving her a stern look. She gulped, clearing her throat. But suddenly, his face softened and he nodded his head while giving her a small smile. Surprised, she smiled back, before kissing Yongsun's forehead.

"May I say something?" Yongsun's eyes widened once she heard that voice.

"Mom?" Byulyi raised her eyebrow. "What are you doing here? We didn't invite you."

"Why would I miss my daughter's wedding?" She smiled. Yongsun looked down, holding Byulyi's hand tightly.

"We don't want you here."

"Hold on, there's just something I need to say to your wife." Yongsun looked up at her.

They stepped out for a second, just the three of them.

"Yongsun, I'm sorry for the way I treated you. I was wrong. You changed, you're perfect for Byulyi. I can see that you make her happy. I'm sure you didn't need my approval since you got married without it anyway but-" Yongsun hugged Byulyi's mother, shocking both her and her wife.

"I needed an approval." She smiled. "I felt like I wasn't worthy for your daughter. Byulyi didn't mind getting married without your approval but I did. So I'm happy I got it now."

"Well, that's my daughter." She laughed. "She doesn't care about what people think of her."

"I'm aware of that, Mrs. Moon." She chuckled.

"Please." She grabbed Yongsun's hand. "You're my daughter-in-law now. Call me Mom."

THE END