Capturing Connie

Af JuanitasUniverse

Connie, the eldest daughter of the notorious owner of the mass success fragrance and clothing company Crystal... Mere

Connie 1
Connie 1.5
Steven 1
Connie 2.5
Steven 2
Connie 3
Connie 3.5
Steven 3
Connie 4
Steven 4
Connie 4.5
Connie 5
Steven 5
Steven 6
Connie 5.5
Steven 7
Connie 6
Connie 6.5
Steven 8
Steven 8.5
Connie 7
Steven 9
Connie 8
Steven 10
Steven 10.5
Connie 9
Steven 11
Steven 11.5
Connie 10
ART BY NIKKIEPIE Part 1
ART by NIKKIEPIE Part 2
Steven 12

Connie 2

148 12 40
Af JuanitasUniverse

Get over it, Connie. Be brave. You can go on without him. Besides, this is a perfect opportunity to leave him. Hasn't he cause you enough pain? This is temporary. It's not like he broke up with you. All sorts of couples manage through a long-distance relationship.

At least, that's what I tell myself as I stare at my tear stained face in the bathroom.

Long distance relationships do work, if you put enough effort into it. And there is no one as determined as I am. Kevin just... loves me in his own special way. He needs me, but he also needs to do this to further his career. Otherwise, he'll resent me forever.

Taking a deep breath, I leave the restrooms in a frenzy, still trying to convince myself that things would work out, when I stop in my tracks. Ahead of me, I see a man standing in the darkened hallway, almost as if he was waiting for me. His face is in shadows but I recognize his build, the way he holds himself. Calculating, with that arrogant tilt of his head and those incredibly broad sexy shoulders.

It's Steven Universe.

Ugh. I mentally groan in disgust and adjust my purse as I walk towards him.

"Well, well, well. Connie Mahaswaren, right?How are you this evening?" His rumbly deep voice washes over me as he steps out of the shadows, sexy and handsome as sin.

I take a step back, trying to get my personal space to myself but he invades it anyway. "Mr. Universe," I say politely, not daring to call him by his first name. That would imply I like him him, or at the very least know him in some way.

Which I don't. At all.

There's something about his aura. The way he holds himself. He knows he's a catch, I'm sure of it. Women at the office would die to get a moment like this with Steven. He demands attention without saying a word, and there's an air of danger that surrounds him, that ensnares me despite my reluctance to be near him. The carnality that he represents ... it scares me.

He scares me.

"I've worked at Crystal Clear long enough for you to call me Steven, don't you think?" He pauses for a heavy beat and the air seems to fill with electricity as I wait for him to speak. "You don't mind that I call you Connie, do you?"

He somehow makes my name sound like a sexual promise. I bite the inside of my lip and fidget with the strap of my purse. I take a step back and my butt hits the wall. He smiles, and I know he knows I've realized I'm trapped. "Of...course you can call me Connie," I say, thankful my voice isn't shaking. I have no idea what to say to him, how to act. It seems as if the mere presence of this man turns all of my common sense to jelly. "Uhm..." I cough out a question before the blush can over take my face. "Did you...have a nice dinner?"

His face lights up a bit. "Why yes, I did, thank you for asking. The view was spectacular." His gaze slides down the length of me, taking me all in. My breasts, my stomach, my hips, my legs, lingering on my feet before moving back up, his gaze once more on mine. "The food was good, too."

I swallow hard. It's the way he looks at me, his gaze so hungry, like he wants to devour me. His mention of the view is in reference to me. As if he's somehow attracted to me.

Which is impossible.

I don't believe it for a second. He's just trying to unnerve me with his not-so-subtle flirting. And it's working. I mentally berate myself for falling into his trap.

"How's Kevin?" Steven asks when I still haven't answered.

I jolt, giving myself a little shake. Kevin. I need to remember that my boyfriend Kevin is outside probably waiting for me to come back out. Waiting for me. "Fine," I say as I step away from the wall. But that only brings me closer to Steven, and he doesn't budge. I can smell him. His scent is as dark and alluring as he is. My mouth waters and I clear my throat. "I should go. He's waiting-"

"I hear he's leaving for London." The expression on Stevens handsome face is all polite sympathy, but with a hint of mockery in his dark and cynical eyes. He doesn't like Kevin and the feeling is mutual. Kevin complains about him all the time. I'm sure Stevens just tickled that Kevin is leaving. "Trying out for a promotion, correct? I'm sure you're proud of him." He gives me a shark like smile.

Did everyone know this bit of news but me? "H-how did you hear?" I press my lips together, angry that I let the little stutter slip. I need to remain composed, especially in the face of this particular man.

He's a Lion. I know he takes advantage of the weak and gobbles them up. I've heard the stories. And those stories are more than half the reason Father is so pleased that he works at Crystal Clear. Father admires a shark. It's why he loves Kevin so much, too, though Kevin is much smoother in his ... predatory approach to business.

"My dinner partner told me the good news." He inclines his head when he notes my confusion. "I'm here with Lapis."

"Oh." Lapis. How could I forget? His relationship, his usual aloofness-it's all such a mystery. Hardly anyone knows much about him, but they all want to learn more. At the moment, though, he's being downright friendly with me.

"Yes." He smiles, and it's so dazzling I feel like the winds been knocked out of me. "Oh."

"How is Lapis?" I ask, being polite when I realize he seems to be waiting for a response. He still hasn't moved out of my way and I inhale discreetly, taking in his sharp, masculine scent. It's like, aftershave, a hint of wine from the meal... and his very own scent. Like roses. I almost laugh at the thought of such a pretty flower being associated with such a man. Instead, I let my gaze linger on him for a long moment and he looks down at the floor, as if he's savoring a personal joke. His eyelashes are long and thick, casting shadows upon his cheekbones, and my belly flutters when he glances up, his intense gaze meeting mine.

"She's well. Up to her usual tricks." The smile that curls the corners of his lips tells me he is in on the joke and I am definitely not. "I should probably go check on her."

"Where is she?"

"She's waiting at the front for her car. We rode together." His smile grows. "I wanted to come back here and check on you."

I frown. "Check on me?" Oh no...

He shrugs, those impossibly broad shoulders encased in fine Italian charcoal wool. "You seemed upset."

Really? Does that mean Kevin noticed, too? He never said anything to me. I practically broke down in front of him at our table and he never uttered a word of concern. I don't even think he touched me.

"From the way you leapt up from the table, I had a feeling that Kevin just delivered the news." Steven takes another step forward, reaching out to settle his big hand on my upper arm, giving it a brief, somewhat innocent squeeze.

My reaction to his touch is anything but innocent. That squeeze swims through my blood, settling like a pulse between my legs. His jacket lightly brushed against my clothes nipples, making me blink slowly as if in a trance.

"We're fine. Really." I step out of his touch, then move to the side so I can get past him. I hurry down the hall, as far away from Steven as I can get, when he speaks.

"And you? Are you fine, Connie?"

I pause and close my eyes, fighting the tears that threaten yet again. What's wrong with me? Why do I want to cry at something stupid Steven Universe just said? He's making fun of me...It makes no sense. My reaction to this man makes absolutely zero sense.

"I'm perfect." I turn to find him watching me, his hands slipped into his trouser pockets, his legs spread in a typical masculine stance. A dominant stance.

"Yes," he says, his gaze roaming over me yet again. I'm tempted to fidget but keep myself still. "Yes you are." He looks like a warrior ready to stand down against the enemy, tall and powerful with an arrogant curl to his upper lip, his eyes glittering in the dim light.

"Thank you for your concern," I add, frowning at my ridiculous graciousness. I need to walk away. His presence completely throws me.

"Anytime. Always so polite, aren't you," he murmurs, his voice drifting toward me, soft and sexy. "I hate to see such a beautiful woman so upset."

My knees wobble at his casual compliment.

When was the last time Kevin said something like that to me? Called me beautiful? Such a simple word, but it carries so much power. "You flatter me," I murmur in return. "You're too kind."

"I speak the truth." He steps forward, drawing close once more. "May I..." Leave you alone now? Get lost? Quit making you a flustered quaking mess? "...escort you outside?"

I almost give an audible sigh of irritation but instead look at him.

He offers his arm and I have no choice but to accept. As he said, I am always, above anything else, polite. So I slip my arm through his, around his elbow, and he leads me through the restaurant toward the entrance. I try to ignore the hummingbirds fluttering their wings within my belly. Try to ignore the heat that radiates off him, inviting me to snuggle closer.

I smile, barely able to hold back the laugh that wants to escape. Snuggle is not a word I would use when talking about Steven Universe. I'm sure no woman has ever wanted to merely snuggle with him. He's far too intimidating. Far too... sexy.

There it is again, that word. Sexy. It almost seems as if it was his name, the way that he emits it.

"You're laughing," he says, his lips at my ear as he bends his head toward mine. A shiver moves through me when I feel his warm breath caress my skin. "Do you find me that amusing?"

The man notices everything. It's incredibly unnerving. "I wasn't laughing," I counter. "Just...smiling at someone I know."

"Mmm-hmm." That low hum rumbles from his chest, the sound knowing. As if he's confident he's caught me in a lie.

Which he has.

Steven opens the door for me and I step out into the bitter-cold air. Kevin is standing on the curb in front of our car, a bouquet of poorly kept roses resting lazily on top of the car as Lapis murmurs something and he responds. She places her hand on his chest as they both laugh.

My blood runs cold and I stop in my tracks, watching them. Steven stops as well, never letting me go and not saying a word either. I curl my fingers around his rock-hard biceps, momentarily distracted as I tilt my head to look at his arm. The man must work out obsessively to have muscles like that.

I wonder what his skin feels like. Bare and smooth and hot ...

"Connie!" Kevin strides toward me, his eyes flashing as he takes in me standing beside Steven. "There you are. I was worried you'd fallen in."

I grimace. Such a crass remark. I can't believe he said that in front of Lapis and Steven. He never talks like that. "I'm fine." I smile and lift my chin. "I ran into Steven on my way out and we were talking."

The anger simmering in Kevin's gaze is undeniable. Good. He should know I'm not thrilled that Lapis has her hands on him either. She's standing beside him, her dark red lips curved into a closed-mouth smile, looking awfully pleased with herself. "I didn't realize you two were so close," Kevin says, his voice sharp, his gaze assessing.

"Someone needs to take care of her now that you'll be gone, don't you think, Johnson?" Steven chuckles without humor.

I immediately release my hold on Steven's arm, shocked at his words. The fire in Kevin's gaze rises and I go to him, sliding my arm around his waist and giving him a squeeze. "Ignore him," I whisper, placing my hand on Kevin's cheek when he continues to stare at Steven like he wants to murder him where he stands. Steven doesn't blink. "Please."

Kevin breathes deep, his chest rising against mine, his expression contrite. "You're right. I'm sorry." He glances up, glaring at Steven again. "See you both tomorrow?"

Lapis murmurs a goodbye, though Steven says nothing. Kevin opens the door for me and I slide into the car, Kevin following shortly after me. Just as he pulls the door shut, I hear Steven's voice, clear above the usual city noise.

"See you tomorrow, Connie."

He doesn't bother mentioning Kevin. It's as if he's completely focused on me.

And that makes me fairly sure Steven Universe is quite definitely without a doubt the very last person I want to see tomorrow.

Exhales.
Inhales.
Exhales.
Yayyyyyyyyyy finally updated it. Next chapter in about an hour.

FilippoMasiero2
Lurkerbelow
Demo-nisshu
jewels_callistan
strawberry_biscuit
1-800-SNAILFROG
dirtrock1252
Parameshwarran

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

47.6K 782 18
𝗔 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗰𝗶𝘁𝘆... 𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁? 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲! 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝗺 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲...
94.4K 1.8K 50
Steven Universe has had a decent life. An awesome older sister, 2 caring and wise aunts, and of course his great dad. He thinks everyone is his frien...
73K 1.4K 16
For the past 5 years, Stella Universe, the daughter of Rose Quartz and Greg Universe, has been living her life with some ups and downs. Knowing that...
5.4K 90 14
Steven Universe was trying very hard to find his place in the world. With the help of his friends and family he was doing much better with controllin...