engrossed

By kishu6926244

Warning: mature content I expected him to be my dream man. I loved him the way that i forgot even myself. He... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 11.1
chapter 11.2
Chapter 11.3
chapter 11.4.
chapter 11.5
chapter 11.6
chapter 11.7
chapter 11.8
chapter 11.9
chapter 11.10.
chapter 11.11

chapter 10

976 56 44
By kishu6926244

Hey my lovely readers😘😘

2313 words

I know this chapter is quite short but I couldn't wait to update

I hope you will enjoy ❤️❤️

Don't forget to comment ❤️
*********

"I must say your home is quite beautiful." Arjun getting out of the car.

"It was more beautiful when I used to live with my family here." Shivani said looking her home with lots of love in her eyes.

"Where does your family live now?" Arjun angst taking luggage out of trunk.

"We have to take our luggage inside ourselves. There is no one here to give us a hand."  Shivani said to change the topic.

She held handle of the suitcase.

"Wait. Let me do it." Arjun stopped her taking her stuff in his hand.

"I wasn't going to carry them anyway. I was just straightening the handle so that you can carry them carefully." Shivani commanded raising an eyebrow leaving him awestruck.

"Welcome Shivani. Your most welcome in your own home." Her aunty said hugging her.

"Thank you so much aunty. You really have taken good care of my house." Shivani sad looking around her house.

"It was our responsibility." Her uncle said in between.

He noticed Arjun behind Shivani. He asked Shivani about him through eyes.

"He is Arjun. He is the one who is going to buy this home." Shivani introduced him to her tenants.

"Ohh"

"Arjun. They are my tenants. They live here." Shivani told him.

"Hello." Arjun greeted them with no smile.

"Hello. Please come. Have a seat." Her uncle warmly welcomed him.

They all sat in hall.

Arjun was really not liking this environment. He had thought that he would be able to smile among them but he could not.

"Shivani. Your room is prepared. If we had known that you are coming with another guest then we would have prepared guest room too by now." Aunty said in apologizing tone.

"Didn't you tell them that you were coming here with Arihant?" Arjun  was annoyed.

"I did. But he was not going to stay with me here." Shivani spoke for her aunty.

"No issues. Room is being prepared. It won't take long." Uncle said to ease the situation.

"Aunty uncle. Please make him feel comfortable. I am going in my room. I am so tired. I really need to take a shower." Shivani said keeping her chin on aunty's shoulder. It looked as if she was very much tired.

She left for her room leaving everyone in hall.

"We are really sorry for the inconvenience. Guest room will be prepared within half an hour." Uncle apologized Arjun again.

"No. I have no problem." Arjun said just to make him feel less embarrassed otherwise he only knows that how much problem he has.

Shivani's uncle was relaxed now.

"Thank you. If you don't mind may I ask you something?" Artist Arjun keeping his voice low.

"Sure." Arjun was not interested but he had to listen him.

After all, he was Shivani's tenant.

"Why are you standing here? Go and get some tea and snacks." Shivani's uncle said  to his wife to make room for just two of them to talk.

"Yes. Sure." Shivani's aunty left immediately.

"I was asking that who is going to buy this house? You or Mr Chauhan?"her uncle asked lowering his voice even more.

Arjun found it a bit weird because no one was around them. Still, he was speaking in such a low voice as a he doesn't want even the walls to hear him.

"We both are partners. So it doesn't matter who buys it. It would belong to both of us." Arjun considered him to handle diplomatically.

"I see. May I know that how much you would be taking for this house?" His voice is getting lower and lower with every question.

He was making Arjun very much suspicious of his intentions.

"I have no problem in telling you but I don't see any reason to." only Arjun new that how much he was refraining himself  to counter Shivani's uncle.

But he showed his suspicion through his tone and eyes.

"Don't get me wrong. Actually, Shivani is just like our daughter. I feel myself responsible towards her. I am just concerned about her well being and being her well wisher it's my responsibility to look that she doesn't get into some wrong stuff." Her uncle tried to to clear his suspension nervously.

"I understand your concern. But that has not been decided yet." Arjun gave a fake smile.

"I have heard that you want to take this piece of land to make a hotel." He was asking really very weird questions to Arjun.

"Yes. You heard right." Arjun confirmed.

"Which means you are going to purchase lots of  land nearby?" He investigated.

"We have already purchased most of them. It is very important for us to buy this house so that we can include this land in others to make it one." Arjun was irritated with his frequent useless questions.

"That means you are going to pay higher than market price?" He asked excitedly with white eyes.

"When you need something then price doesn't matter." Arjun said resting his back on sofa.

"Right. Don't get me wrong. I have told you that I am just like a gurdian to Shivani. I am asking for these details just to make sure that she is not going to  do a mistake. After all, In this world, everyone is ready to take advantage of an orphan and a lonely girl."he again explanation to hide his real intentions with his sugar coated words.

"Orphan?" This word caught Arjun's attention and he became suddenly attentive to listen shivani's uncle.

"Yes. Didn't you know? Shivani is an orphan. She was 15 years old when her parents had left this world. She lost her elder brother three years ago. She is all alone." He told her story.

"I didn't know that." He whispered.

"Since you know this now then you can understand that why I am so concerned to her." Her uncle was still trying to butter him up.

"Sure. I do. But I don't understand one thing."Arjun was having lots of question in his mind. But he just want one answer right now.

"What?" Har uncle asked curiously.

"When Arihant and I  were talking to her about this property matter. She didn't mention you. All she was talking about some Vishwajeet. She said she will have to talk to him to make this deal final." Vishwajeet's name was bothering Arjun since Shivani talked about him in a way which sounded of him to be the most important person in her life.

"Ohh! Him. He is nobody. He is just....." Uncle started talking but could not complete as his wife came with refreshments.

She kept on the table before them.

"Please. have some." Uncle asked Arjun.

"No. Thank you but I would like to get freshen up first." Arjun stood up.

"Sure. Guest room is all ready. You can go there now." Aunty said.

Shivani's uncle lead him to the guest room.

"Thank you." Arjun thanked her uncle before entering in the room.

I had no idea that she could be an orphan.  She is surrounded by others.  I never thought she was alone.  She is living on her own.  Now I understand why it is a compulsion for her to sell the house. This fact that she is an orphan definitely surprised me. Her tenants are so weird. It was so evident that this man is greedy. His questions were showing his cunning mentality.

Wait!!

I could not complete my talk with him regarding vishvajit. I really want to see this guy whom Shivani trusts upon her life. She is not giving any details about her decisions to her so called uncle and aunty but she is willing to tell everything a guy who does not share any blood relation with her.
__________________

"Arjun. Come out. Everyone is waiting for us on dining table." Shivani asked from outside knocking guestroom's door.

"Within a minute." He opened the door wiping his hair with white towel.

He was wearing a blue t shirt and trousers.

He is really handsome.

"Why did you take so long? Wasn't one hour enough for you to freshen up?" Shivani act as soon as she got out of the world of her thoughts.

"Of course one hour is enough when you don't have any problem with water in your bathroom." He was indirectly complaining about the water  connection problem he went through in her home.

"This is not your Mumbai." Shivani  countered him.

"But isn't it Delhi?" Arjun asked narrowing his eyebrows.

"This place comes under Delhi. But it is not in proper Delhi. So don't expect same luxury as you get in Delhi or Mumbai." She came in and opened the window which was closed so far.

"This is how you talk to your guest." Arjun taunted throwing towel on bed.

Shivani turned and glared at him."I didn't invite you. I had asked you to stay somewhere else. In some hotel where you would get every facility you want."

"If I had not come here then and I would have never gotten what I really wanted." He whispered looking down but not unheard by Shivani's ears.

"Don't you think that I am selling my land to you. I am doing this for Arihant and for myself because I need money." Shivani spoke in loud voice to make him understand that he holds no importance for her.

"You think quite low. I am not talking about your land or this house." He said rolling his eyes.

"Then?" She asked in confusion.

"You must have not realise that yet." He was looking intensely at her.

"Are you talking about being staying here?" She said after thinking for a while.

"You are still low." He was bored now.

She was still thinking but could not get a perfect answer.

"You didn't realise but you have been calling me by my first name since we got here." He said looking right into her eyes.

She was stunned hearing upon this. she was cursing herself for calling him with his first name. She was left baffled with her own thoughts. She couldn't get what to say now. Her tongue has gotten paralyzed for a second. She was looking everywhere but him. She didn't want to face him.

Arjun I was also noticing her uneasiness. He didn't want her to stay quiet but he knew that he couldn't push it anymore.

"If I had not come here with you then I don't think I would ever be able to make this progress." He said kept on staring at her.

His gaze was making her uncomfortable.

"Progress of what?"  She spoke without even thinking.

She was scared of his answer.

"Leave it. I am starving. Come quickly." She said not wanting to be around him alone.

He is  more intimidating when they are alone.

He laughed a bit after she left. He enjoys to drag her confident self into this nervous state.
_______________

Everyone ate lunch peacefully. Uncle and aunty were chit chatting a bit. Arjun was busy in looking at Shivani while having food. Shivani could not concentrate on eating because of his continuous gaze on her. She was constantly looking her plate but whenever she raise her eyes to look if he stopped staring her, she gets more uncomfortable.

"What happened Shivani? Why are you not eating properly? Are you ok?" Aunty asked.

"Of course aunty. I am all fine. I just don't have appetite today." Shivani came up up with  a horrible excuse.

"But you were starving few minutes ago." Arjun reminded her making an innocent face.

She glared at him which made him look away with a light smile.

"This is not good Shivani. Starving in one moment and not having appetite on another is really not good for the health." Aunty showed her concern

"What are you speaking? She is a doctor herself. Will you teach her that what is ok for health and what is not. Huh!!" Her uncle scolded his wife.

He turned his head to Arjun and smiled widely.

"Arjun. I hope you are ok with me calling you by your first name." his voice was enough to expose his buttering self.

"I am. After all you are Shivani's uncle." He said looking at Shivani.

"That's very good. So, what have you decided about purchasing this land?" He inquired again.

"I have not talked about it to Shivani yet." Arjun spoke without any expressions on his face.

"She is just child. She doesn't know anything. Her life has just started as an adult. I think that these kind of big matters should be discussed among mature ones." Her uncle spoke as if she is a 3 year old child.

"This is why I have called Vishu."Shivani interrupted.

"Vishu?" Arjun asked narrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes. Vishwajeet. Remember I told you about him?" She reminded him.

"But why will he interfere in our family matters? Who is he to decide that whether we are going to sell this house or not? Who has given him this right?"her uncle's voice turned high after trying hard to sound polite.

"I. I have given him this right. If he is not then I am going to decide that who I shall sell the house to. I am the one who chose him." Shivani seemed adamant.

"You trust that outsider more than us. Your own uncle. Huh?" Her uncle wondered.

"Speaking of outsider, I hope you don't want to create a scene in front of our guest." Shivani said referring to Arjun.

"Please don't pay attention to this. It's just regular bickering of uncle and niece." Her uncle tried to cover up the tension.

Environment was still tensed.

"What are you doing? Serve him more." Her uncle asked his wife.

"Sure. Sure." His wife responded nodding her head.

"No. I am full." Arjun stopped her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 7K 36
I don't know if he loves me or not, but I realized my love was real for him... Warning ⚠️ contains SMUT,
23.8K 1K 22
-𝐀𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐂𝐄𝐎 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐡𝐞𝐫. "Attract...
3.5K 488 12
"You get attached too easily." Shivaay frowned. He never realised that. "You need to give people space." And he starts doing the exact. He starts d...