When The Devil Falls in Love

By Gulf_sunflower96

Kanawut. in business world, they call him the Devil. And it was true in every sense of the word. He was cold... More

Characters
Chapter One-I don't want to Remember
Chapter Two-Time to meet the present
Chapter Three-I Met a Jerk
Chapter Four- Where it all began
Chapter Five-Because you intrigue me
Chapter Six-Slowly Towards Something More
Chapter Seven-I Got You
Chapter Eight-Feeling Like Never Before
Chapter Nine-Falling Too Deep
Chapter Ten-Past Coming Back
Chapter 11-Some things are just not meant to be
Chapter Twelve-Time to let him go
Chpater Thirteen-I don't want to care about you
Chapter Fourteen-Am I really worth all your pain
Chapter Fifteen-Don't Leave me
Chapter Sixteen-I Love you
Chapter Seventeen-My Everything(18+)
Chapter Eighteen-The Beginning of the end
Chapter Nineteen-And then it started again
Opinions
Chapter Twenty-Was it really for the best
Chapter Twenty One-Some Decisions are harder to make
Chapter Twenty Three-The Nature of Heart
Chapter Twenty Four-My heart against yours
Chapter Twenty Five-And If I believe
Chapter Twenty Six-Ruins
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty Seven-Can't you just Like me back?
Chapter Twenty Eight-Me without You
Chapter Twenty Nine-The Devil's heart
Chapter Thirty-Echoes of the Past
Chapter Thirty One-Agony
Chapter Thirty Two-My Irreplaceable One
Chapter Thirty Three-Make Me Yours Again
Epilogue-Our Kind of Forever
Surprise
Sequel or not?
Work In Process
Sorry Letter

Chapter Twenty Two-That man is mine

2.4K 166 35
By Gulf_sunflower96

"Gulf..."

"Hmm" He was already on the verge of sleep when that man called out his name.

"Gulf....."

The urgency in that voice finally made his head turn towards the man he loves. But he had to admit, right now he only wanted to sleep.

"Mew..it's middle of the night what.." He stopped talking when his eyes landed on the man sitting on the bed. He immediately got up from lying. Something was bothering this man. He can tell.

"What's wrong?" All of the sleep suddenly gone from his eyes.

Mew looked at him with pursed lips. Those brown eyes shining with hurt and anger. "You forgot me."

"Huh!" Now he was really confused. "Who forgot who again?"

That brown eyed man looked at him with anger then turned his back on him. "You. You forgot me. And then you left me."

Now he was really feeling lost. He would've laughed at him but the anger on that face prevented him from doing so. He sighed in frustration then slowly went closer to the brunette wrapping his arms around his waist.

"What happened?" He slowly kissed his neck while lying his head on that man's back.

He can hear the other man sigh as he finally turned towards him with unshed tears in his eyes. "I had a nightmare and you....you left me." A tear escaped his eyes. "And you said you don't love me anymore."

Now he finally understood what was wrong as a smile appeared on his lips. He slowly wipes the single tear that fell down from those eyes he loves so much. "You know that's not possible. I can never leave you. I love you."

He can finally sense the tension leaving the other's body as that man suddenly hugged him. "Even when we fight?"

"Yes." He slowly patted his back. " Even then."

"Even when we are old."

He smiled at the childishness of the man. "Even then."

"Even when I'm very old and have dementia or something and suddenly forget you?"

His brows furrowed in confusion as he pulled him back a little from his body trying to look at his face. "What do you mean?"

Those brown eyes looked at his eyes with sadness and fears. Fears that were engulfing him too now. "What happens if one day I can't remember you? Will you leave me then?"

"Mew..." He wanted to shut down all his fears but his mind was in jeopardy. Will he?

"Will you?"

That question really put him off guard. He never thinks like that. For him loving and staying with this man was like second nature. He can't leave him. But what if...

"You can't." The fear in the other man's voice made him look at him again. "You can't leave me even then. Even if I forget you, you're not allowed to leave me."

He slowly caressed the other man's cheek. "But your mind won't even remember me. You won't even notice me gone then." And it was one of his biggest fears. That one day these brown eyes won't look at him with love anymore.

"But my heart will." That man took his hand placing it on top of his heart. "My heart can never forget you. Even if my mind does. And..."

He can see him gulping not trying to cry again. "And if you leave me one day, this thing...slowly but surely, this thing that beat inside me will stop."

"Idiot." He pulled the other man to himself holding onto him tightly. "You're mistaken if you think I will ever leave you. Even if you forget me, I won't forget you. And this.."He can feel the other man holding onto him tightly. "This I Promise you."

A humorless laugh leaves his lips as he looked outside the window.

"What's so funny?" MIld's tired voice made him laugh more as he looked back at him. "Do you know Suttinut, I never broke my promises. Not even those I made to someone I hate very much."

MIld's brows furrowed in confusion. He really was at his limit for tonight.

"But It seems as if I only broke the promises I made to the man I love." He laughed again but Mild thought He never heard more painful laughter in his life. "It's funny, isn't it?"

He was laughing at himself. He was laughing at the decisions he made. And he was laughing at his own fate.

And he was laughing at seeing the pity in Mild's eyes for him. He shouldn't pity him. He doesn't deserve pity. He deserves only hatred.

He can hear the other man sigh while sitting down on the couch. "I've never seen a more destructive man more than you."

A painfilled look suddenly splashes through his eyes. "Destructive? I guess we agree on at least something."

He walked away from the window taking his coat. His eyes suddenly lingering on the bedroom's slightly ajar door. His mind was telling him to go but his heart wasn't agreeing at all.

"Still can't decide, eh?" Mild's tone was defeated but at the same time, it was full of mocking. He looked at him with narrowed eyes. But soon his gaze was shifted again towards the door with fear as he heard that scream again. It didn't even take him a second to decide what to do as he ran towards that room.

For a moment, he was still. He didn't even know what to do when he saw the other man shaking and twisting on the bed as if someone was gripping at his neck not allowing him to breathe.

"Do....Don't go...Don't leave me. I...I didn't do it. GULF..."

Was he... No..but he doesn't remember. His own mind was at a battle with himself.

He can feel Mild running towards that man. But he was still standing still. Even when mild took that man in his arms trying to calm him down, he was standing still. His whole body frozen with an unknown fear. But he couldn't stand still at all when that man took his name again.

"Gu..Gulf..."

He couldn't do it anymore. He forgot about the promises he made to that old man. He even forgot the deal he had with him. At that moment, Only one mattered.

He slowly sat in the bed beside Mew. Mild was still struggling to calm him down but when he looked at those black eyes with determination, he loosened his arms fully understanding as Gulf slowly took Mew away from Mild then engulfing that still crying man into his arms and then he finally let the tears falls that he had been holding for such a long time.

"Nobody's going anywhere. Nobody."

That asleep man seems to clung more onto him as he kept saying those words.

"Gu...Gulf..."

He pursed his lips as the pain gripped at his heart. "I'm here, Mew. I am right here."

"Don't..leave...don't leave me..."He looked at the other's sleeping face. He knew this man won't remember a thing tomorrow. But still, he wiped those tears away with his thumb hugging him close to his body again.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here. I'll always be here."

Slowly the panic attack seems to be going away as the other man holds onto his shirt while drifting into a nightmareless sleep.

All this time, Mild was looking at them with tears in his eyes. It was after such a long time he was seeing his friend's face without any traces of pain. But he was afraid now. Afraid of what will happen in the future. Cause it doesn't look easy to him.

.................. ............... ....................

It was all dark around the room. No lights except the small trace of light coming from the lamp. But it seems like it was only deepening the dark around the room. But the man sitting in the chair had no problem in seeing. His eyes were fixed on the photo on the table as if he was hypnotized. His finger suddenly went towards his face going over the deep scar under his left eye.

"Is this the man you are looking for, Mr. San?" A man who seems to be his bodyguard said from behind him as he looked back with a smile.

"Do you know how you hunt a Lion, Mr. Kaownah?"

The other man looked at him with confusion. "We use a gun."

"But where's the fun in that?" San laughed making that scar look bigger under the lamp's light. "You have to make it suffer. Writhing, crying in pain but still helpless. It is a sight to see, believe me."

A shiver ran down Kaownah's body as he looked at his boss. Suddenly it felt like the lion was someone else.

"To see a Lion suffer, you always have to grab at his weakness. And this is right here." He stood up from the chair taking the photo in his hand. His eyes roamed over the feature of the brown eyed man in the photo. A smirk appeared on his lips as he slowly tears the photo down pice by pice only to throw them in the fire.

"I guess it's time to hunt..."

Kaownah didn't reply. He only saw the maliciousness in his Boss's eyes. And by that look in San's eyes, it was clear that a storm was about to hit. Now the main thing was to see who will weather it and who will drown in it.

................... ................. .........................

He doesn't know what woke him up. The sudden coldness he was feeling or the absence of something he felt around him just a minute ago.

His eyes looked around in confusion wincing at the pain on his head. He was cursing every cell in his stubborn body for even thinking about drinking while slowly getting down.

Suddenly yesterday's event came back in his mind as he started to walk out of the room. All he remembers was the sudden intense pain hitting at him with full force and then...then someone's hand surrounding him. He halted in his steps.

Those arms, it felt like a security blanket. He cannot remember the person but he can still remember the feelings. It was as if all his troubles were gone at that moment just from one touch. Who was that person?

"So, I guess you are not gonna offer me tea."

"Ahhh" He screamed looking at the person behind the kitchen counter. Those black eyes looking amusedly at him.

"Self-help is the best help then?" Mew watched still unable to say anything as the other man was still looking at him

"S...Sir....What.." He coughed trying to organize his thoughts. "What are you doing here, Mr.Kanawut?"

That black eyed man laughed at him and again his thoughts became blurry as he couldn't focus on anything else. Just that smile. That smile is beautiful. It doesn't go along the gloomy man he always sees. But it makes him think that behind that gloomy face something else lies too. And for the sake of everything good, he can't take his eyes off.

"Me?" Gulf came out from the kitchen counter lowly walking towards him. "I'm just looking for black coffee but you don't have any." That other man keep coming close making him stepping back littile by litlle.

"I...I don't like black coffee." He gulped again as his back hit the wall. With nowhere to go, he looked at the black eyed man with nervousness. Why was he so scared. Cause he wanted to run? No, it was because that intense gaze was effecting him deeply. As if this man wasnseeing him beyond just skin and bones. As if he was looking at his heart with the intention of taking it away.

"Then what is it that you like, Mr. Suppasit?"

You... He shut his eyes trying to make those thoughts go away.

"Mew...."

Why does this man call him like that? Why does it feel so familiar when he does? Why does he likes it so much when that man's breath washes over his face. Why?

But before he can say anything back a voice pulls him back to reality.

"MEW.....? " He hurriedly opened his eyes stepping away from Gulf as he looks at the woman infront of him.

"Fai..What are you doing..." Before he can finish two hands wrapped around him.

"I was so worried. How could you do this to me? When I heard from Mild today's morning, I was so worried."

He can feel Fai's tears on his shoulder as he slowly patted her back trying to console her.

"I'm ok.." He looked at the other man with a hesitant gaze. He was hugging his girlfriend but he was feeling guilty? Why?

Fai must've noticed it cause she finally steps away from his arms. He can see her eyes fixed upon him in confusion then looking at his boss.

She smiled at him. But it looked force. "You must be Mr. Gulf Kanawut, right?"

Mew's brows furrowed. He never heard his boss's first name. Gulf...he said in his mind..it felt..as if he has spoken this name. Many times.

"You're very good at remembering, Ms..."

He can see the pursed lips of his boss. The smile has already vanished

Fai stepped forward while offering her hand for shaking. "I'm Puifai, Mew's girlfriend."

"Oh, I thought you are his sister or something."

Mew looked wide eyes at the man who was looking at Fai like he wants to throw her away.

"Haha....You're really funny."

"Glad you think so." A smirk touched Gulf's lips radiating his confidence. "Most people think I am scary."

Was there something else going on here?Mew thought this again as he looks at a very uncomfortable Fai with her hands still in the air and his very confident boss still refusing to notice it.

Instead, Gulf's eyes fell on him making his thoughts go blurry again as a hint of smile appeared on those pursed lips. "I think I should get going. Don't be late Mew. I am a very strict boss."

Yes that he was. He was very strict and stubborn. "I am never late." That smile appeared again as he looked at him.

"We shall see."

With that, he saw his very strict boss walking away. But he still couldn't take his eyes away from the door. Something telling him to go right after that man. Something pulling onto him like an unseen string.

"He is weird." Fai's voice made him finally look at her only to look back at the door again.

"Yes.." His eyes were still locked upon the empty space that man left. "He is the weirdest person I have encountered in my life."

................. ................... ....................

"Gulf"

He was just about to enter the car when that voice stopped him. A voice he has started to loathe.

"I guess you still have something to say, Ms. Puifai?" He arched a brow in question looking at the girl with all the hatred in his eyes.

"You and I, we both know what I wanna say."

"Do I now?" He leaned back in his car door looking at her indifferently.

"Stay away from him."

He can clearly see the anger in her eyes but right at that time, all he wanted was to go back five years ago and do what he was about to do now.

"Do elaborate, Ms. Puifai. Your alien language is beyond me."

"I'm saying to forget him." Her scream did nothing but make him chuckle as he steps away from the car stepping closer to her.

"And who says you even had the right to demand something from me." He narrowed his eyes looking at her now scared blue ones. "Get one thing through your mind. I love that man." It felt good to finally let those words out.

"I've never stopped loving him. And I never will. So...no. I'm gonna reject your pathetic excuse of a request." He stepped away smirking at seeing her tremble in fear. He likes it. He likes to see the fear in her eyes.

"I...I am his girlfriend."

"Ex...soon to be ex." He turned away not wasting more time on that pathetic woman. But her words stopped him again.

"He is mine. Do you hear me Gulf, He is mine."

Every cell in his body was thinking of ways to control themselves so that he doesn't lose control over himself.

"You're mistaken again." He looked back at her. "He was never yours from the beginning. He is not yours now. And even in the future, he will still not be yours." He turned back opening his car door. But before going he smiled at her menacingly.

"Cause that man, has always been mine. Right from the start. The faster you get that through that head of yours the better it will be."

With that, he drives his car away not even sparing a glance at the now crying woman. All his thoughts were on the time when that woman grabbed Mews's body. Hugged him. His hands gripped the steering wheel harder.

"I've been patient enough. I've been a good man enough. It's time to get back what's mine."

And this time he was ready to play dirty. He was ready to battle every fight. He doesn't care about that old man. Not his own past. Not that woman. He will get him back. By hook or by crook. Only this time, he won't let that man go away from him. Never again.

............................. ........................

.................... ...........

Finally, Gulf seems like he understands that Love is an emotion that can't be controlled.

Till next chapter, guys...byeeee

P.S Don't forget to vote and comment, please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 18.2K 35
Gulf Kanawut has been in love with his best friend, Mew Suppasit, since they were in high school. Sadly, Mew has a long time girlfriend and he told h...
12.4K 688 8
MewGulf is BESTFRND FOREVER, but Gulf have feelings for the latter for more than friends, more than bestfriend... everyday he saw their uni's girls t...
224K 12.9K 45
The Cover of this story Made By Waanjai_Ammu..Thanks @Waanjai_Ammu for this lovely cover... Gulf Kanawut completed his studies in abroad and come bac...
164K 8.9K 36
Warning: ⚠️🔞 Mew suppasit, 30years old CEO of MSJ Corporation and also Mafia leader, Cold and Dark personality. He can change anyone's life in snap...