Guardian Angelwolf {In Editin...

By bloom_witch101

I was adopted as a baby. For the past sixteen years of my existence, I've been living a lie. I didn't want... More

Prologue
Arrival
WereWolf
The Sign
Waterfall Battle
The Eyes
Wolvenpraire
The Ancient One
Scavenger hunt pt. 1
Scavenger Hunt pt. 2
A Plan
A Plan pt. 2
Kidnapped part I
Kidnapped II
Daybreak
The War
The Aftermas
Reunion
Dark One
Reflections
Senses
The Transformation
chapter 22-Kitsune
Brustarios
The Evil Twin
Secrets Revealed
Too Rare To Freak
Misconceptions
Flame Roses
Tears
Sneak-Peak Into Guardian : Vampyre
Welcome To Book II

The Beliefs

939 28 6
By bloom_witch101

Dedicated to Frogified for being a consistent voter/reader!

Enjoy the video above!

Chapter Twenty-Nine

The Beliefs

Peyton's P.O. V

    I couldn't speak. I felt myself being torn away from the toilet-away from Raphael-I felt like they were a girl's arms. Raphael let me go. I still felt weak-but the pain was receding. My eyes were still closed.

   "I'm gonna go call Faye. She knows more about this stuff than I do-Emily-Rose, get her to take a shower. I'll be right back." Said Raphael solemnly, before he was gone. Emily-Rose pulled me to my feet. Still feeling light-headed, I managed to open my eyes. The room swam around me, mirroring Emily-Rose's face. It was pale-white and worried.

    "Explain. What was he talking about? Does he know what's wrong you?" She demanded, searching my features. I frowned, trying to push her away. I didn't like feeling weak. My heart panged as I thought about what Raphael said: 'Get her to take a shower'. How embarrassing.

   "It's called The Heat. Apparently the werewolf equivalent to a 'period'. Only, ten times worse." I breathed, shaking my head. Emily-Rose's brows furrowed.

   "How long will it last?" She asked, agahst. I forced a weak smile.

"I don't know."

*****

      I just finished showering and was dressed in a tank-top and shorts. I felt almost ten times better. Emily-Rose and I were sitting on my bed waiting for Faye and Raphael to arrive. All of the other campers were out with the other counsellors enjoying their last few days at Camp Lakewood.

A part of me wished I could join them-a tiny part of me, wished that I wasn't a werewolf, and that none of these horrific events ever happened to me. A huge part of me was disgusted by those thoughts.

    "So. Let's talk about you and Matt." I sprung cheerfully, turning to Emily-Rose. I wanted her to forget what just happened. Her eyes widened in shock.

  "Wha-what? No-nothing's going on between me and Matt." She lied, stuttering. I tilted my head to the side playfully.

   "Come on, Emily-Rose. It's totally obvious." I shot back, smirking. Emily-Rose's cheeks tinged pink.

   "What's totally obvious?" She squeaked out, playing along.

"Matt and I are just-" Unfortunately, she didn't get to finish that sentence because Faye and Raphael came bursting through the door. Faye looked flustered-and anxious. Her hair was wild and uncombed-but she still looked gorgeous. Her eyes widened, landing on me, and she hurriedly approached me.

  "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. This is-all my fault-I should have talked to you about it even more. But-before I get to that-there's something you need to know." She ranted breathlessly, before turning to Raphael. His eyes widened slightly, before he gave a nod of assent. I instantly grew curious.

  "What? What is it?" I asked, looking inbetween them. Faye swallowed a breath.

   "I-I just got back from Wolvenpraire-and you wouldn't believe-Amoura's sword is missing." She exclaimed, face a mask of shock. I furrowed my brows.

"What are you talking about? The Amoura had a sword?" I asked in confusion. Faye swallowed again, before taking a seat on the bed. She seemed extremely tired. My eyes widened in concern.

  "Take your time," I cautioned her. Was it normal for werewolves to be...well, breathless? Maybe she was just shocked. She glanced inbetween all of us.

   "Okay. So here's what happened. I just got back from Wolvenpraire-and when I went to visit the ancient one-guess what he told me. Amoura's sword was missing!" She exclaimed, pausing for impact. I waited for her to continue, still not sure what Amoura's sword was. She looked at me, guessing my thoughts. Or perhaps; reading my mind.

  "When Princess Amoura spelled the vampires away all those years ago, she did it using a magical sword given to her by Lyacon. This spell was bound to the sword, and stored in the same place for centuries.

I'm not allowed to tell you where that place is-in fact, I don't even know. Only the ancient one knows. That's why no one immediately checked to see if the sword was missing, when they found out vampires could enter Wolvenpraire.

Why? Because no one besides The Ancient One even knew it existed.

  I only found out because I happened to be in the hall when the ancient one relented to tell the Knights. So now we know-now we know how the vampires got around the spell. That's the loophole. The sword-I mean, no wonder we couldn't figure it out!

We had no idea! I just-I can't believe this! Sorry if I sound crazy, or like I'm ranting you guys-but-oh my gosh! This is such important news, and I just-Eeeeepppp!!

   Also, Raph, guess what! They want us to recover it. Which only makes sense-cause we're the only ones who can! Amoura had to use the blood of Lyacon to do this spell-Angelwolf blood! The only ones who can restore it-are angelwolves! Which brings me to my even BIGGER news-angelwolves, being the only ones able to restore it-are the only ones with the power to move this magical sword from its position in the first place!

Which means-well, I don't know what that means. I don't want to even think about what that means Raph, it scares me." She admitted, letting out a huge sigh. I was stock-still. Oh. My. God.

An angelwolf was the only one who would have been able to move the sword, thereby lifting the spell.

I met eyes with Raphael, coming to the obvious conclusion.

"There's a traitor amongst us." I breathed, but unable to actually believe it. . . And looking at Raphael-I could tell that it was hard for him also.

He shook his head slowly, mouth set in a grim line. His shoulders sagged.

"No." He said firmly. Then, looking up at us. "I refuse to believe that."

Faye shook her head.

  "It's hard for me too Raphael." She replied softly.

    "But Faye-none of us even knew it existed-it wouldn't make any sense. Who would want to risk allowing the vampires in to kill our families?" He argued, shaking his head. I didn't say anything, immediately feeling guilty. I didn't want to be the one to tell Raphael someone in his group had betrayed all of us-again.

After what he went through with his brother-reaching out I touched his hand.

  "Don't worry. Raphael-you know your friends-If you don't believe that they could do something like that-then they didn't. There's got to be something wrong here. Somehow-someway, the vampires managed to steal the sword. . .it wasn't any of us." I assured him, not sure I believed any of that crap.

While I liked most of the Guardian Angels....I had to admit. I had my suspects.

  Raphael looked up at me.

He sighed, but still gave me a small smile.

  "Thanks, Pey. I hope you're right."

I hoped I was right too.

Faye's eyes latched onto Emily-Rose's in suspicion. She smiled hesitantly.

  "So...you should know that I don't totally agree with you and Matt knowing about werewolves....we broke strict Wolvenpraire laws by allowing you to keep this information....and only because you're Peyton's friends." Faye told her sternly. Emily-Rose's face paled.

   "If anyone else finds out...or if you let any of the other counsellors know what you know...I will personally-"

"Faye!" I interrupted her, alarmed. She glanced at me.

"They won't tell anyone. I swear." I assured her. A minute passed as she glared threateningly at Emily-Rose, before her old, cheerful smile broke across her face.

  "Great! Now, I know that this was not what I was called here for-I told you guys the news before I did anyone else...so Raphael, why don't you go tell the other Angelwolves, and I'll stay here with Peyton?" She suggested cheerfully. Raphael nodded hesitantly.

  "Fine...but...are you sure you're okay, now?" He asked me, eyes worried. I smiled weakly up at him, shrugging my shoulders.

  "If not, she will be. So, shoo! You too Emily-Rose. Sorry." She cut in sternly, with a playful tone. Emily-Rose pouted.

"But why? Peyton's my-" 

"Sorry, but I need to be COMPLETELY alone, with her. The heat is a very personal issue...and it's not like she has a mom to help her through it. Plus, you guys are leaving tomorrow...and The Heat lasts for about a week. Peyton needs to know how to take care of herself those few remaining days." She said. With a hesitant sigh, Emily-Rose gave in.

  "Fine. I'll leave. See you later, Pey. I hope you feel better!" She told me, eyes shining worriedly. I tried to smile in reassurance, as both she and Raphael left. When the door was closed with a thud behind them, I let out a relieved sigh before I collapsed onto the bed.

I shared a look with Faye.

"I feel worse than crap." I told her, shaking my head. Faye nodded in understanding, before she ran her fingers through her hair.

  "Okay. Let's get started. What exactly happened this morning? Raphael didn't give me details." She announced.  I sighed, sitting up slowly, mind rehashing the scene in the bathroom. I-I still felt....disgusted by it.

  "I coughed up blood. . .d-dark blood." I replied shakily. Faye looked at me in confusion.

"What? That's never happened to me before. It is not a symptom of the heat." She exclaimed. I rose my brows.

"Then...something else is wrong with me? I don't understand..." I replied, voice barely audible. As I sat up, Faye came to swing an arm over my shoulders comfortingingly.

  "I mean...not everyone has the same symptoms. . .but I was never told of coughing out blood." Faye told me alarmingly. A wave of unease washed over me. Recently, I had been feeling like a part of my memory had been...missing....coughing up blood just added to my fear. I hated feeling afraid.

     "Okay. So what are the symptoms?"

Faye sighed, brows furrowed.

   " You're unblossomed. Which means your body is making itself ready for your first shift which should happen on your seventeenth birthday. You're going to experience stuff like a severe burning in your lower back and abdomen...hallucinations....lust." She finished weakly, voice lilting into a question. I frowned.

   "What about nausea...and the urge to vomit?" I replied. She shook her head.

  "Nope. But...everyone is different? It's like puberty." she replied hastily. I laughed weakly.

    "What about someone who was a half-fox?" I asked. She looked at me strangely.

  "What are you talking about? There's no such thing as a half-fox, there are only kit-Oh my God, are you Kitsune?" she exclaimed in shock, shrinking backwards. I startled.

   " Apparently, my dad was a kitsune and my mom was a werewolf." I told her hesitantly. Faye inched farther away from me.

   "What? How am I only learning this now?! That shouldn't be possible! Kitsunes only exist in Asian countries...right? Mostly japan...there aren't many of them...and what I know about Kitsunes, there are called fox-spirits. Some of them never take on a physical form, and if so only in extreme conditions. You can have a good fox-spirit, or an evil one...and they are supposed to have nine tails. Oh. Em. Gee. Sorry if I'm rambling...."

    "No, no, no. Thanks. I really didn't know much about them before..." I muttered. Faye stayed frozen on the other side of the bed. Her eyes were glued to the carpet.

    "I've had nightmares...about those things Peyton. I'm really sorry to tell you this....but most of them are evil. I'll have to show you the story-books I read growing up as a child. My parents always told me they were only mythical...you know, so I wouldn't have been so afraid of them." She breathed. My curiosity rose.

   " I don't know what's going to happen to you. You have two shifter genes in your blood. Whichever one is more dominant....whichever gene overpowers the other...that will decide your fate. We inherit the gene from both parents. Unless a shifter mates with a human...then the child inherits the gene from the father. Women don't pass it on when they mate with humans." She continued. I sucked in a breath.

    "Tell me about the legends. What makes Kitsunes so evil?"

  "There are two kinds of kitsune. The zenko, literally good foxes, are benevolent, celestial foxes known  with the god Inari; they are sometimes simply called Inari foxes. On the other hand, the yako,  literally field foxes, also called nogitsune, tend to be mischievous or even malicious. Wolvenpraire mythos  add further types. For example, a ninko is an invisible fox spirit that human beings can only see when it possesses them.

  Physically, kitsune are noted for having as many as nine tails. Generally, a greater number of tails indicates an older and more powerful fox; in fact, some folktales say that a fox will only grow additional tails after it has lived one hundred years. One, five, seven, and nine tails are the most common numbers in folk stories.When a kitsune gains its ninth tail, its fur becomes white or gold. These kyūbi no kitsune, gain the abilities to see and hear anything happening anywhere in the world.

    In some stories, kitsune have difficulty hiding their tails when they take human form; looking for the tail, maybe when the fox gets drunk or careless, is a common method of figuring out the creature's true nature. A particularly devout individual may in some cases even be able to see through a fox's disguise merely by perceiving them. Kitsune may also be exposed while in human form by their fear and hatred of dogs, and some become so rattled by their presence that they revert to the form of a fox and flee.

Kitsunes are known as tricksters...and they're extremely powerful. In japanese legends, foxes were known to take on the form of beautiful women, with high-cheekbones. That's why it is so strange that your father was a kitsune. Also, the fact that foxes and wolves...tradditionally, do not get along."

I was fascinated.

   "Do you think you could bring me the books themselves....I-I I would like to know more-" I started excitedly, only to have her cut me off.

    "I'm sorry, Peyton-I-I can't. Kitsunes...kitsunes are...evil. Not that I think you're evil...it's just...I can't right now, I'm s-s sorry." She stuttered, and I was a little hurt to see fear in her eyes. Stumbling away from me, there was nothing I could say or do to stop Faye as she ran out of our cabin.

I winced as the door slammed shut.

I was alone. Looking around the room, I sighed. Why was Faye so afraid of me? There had to be more to the story, I just knew it.

Suddenly, a lightbulb went off in my head.

If Faye wasn't going to tell me anything more...I'd just have to find out for myself.

I was going to Wolvenpraire.

†*******************************************†***********

A/N : Sigh. Imma break the news now. There are only two more chapters to go!! Yippee! Still debating on an epilogue. btws....there will be a sequel and a sequel to the sequel. This book has over 7000 reads!! oMG!!!!!

Thank-you my lovely angels, please continue to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 10.3K 26
I was rejected by my family, the pack members and my mate because I couldn't shift. On the day of my sister and mate's mating ceremony, My wolf, or...
586K 22K 62
A white wolf was a special breed. A witch was respected but also not very common. So imagine the surprise when one girl holds both in one body. Ru...
4.3K 169 55
In a world so dark and cruel, there was a piece of light that only a few people could understand. The ones who were screaming every night under the f...
79.4K 1.4K 19
How could he love me now? You can tell I'm different now. My eyes are yellow now. Because of that red head I'm now a double monster. How do I belong...